(2011/02) Feb 2011

hi jessyy, me yesterday go see gynae..

now baby is 6 weeks..

can see the tiny little heartbeat.. so cute.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

next visit is 9 July.. so long.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Jolin, actually the charges at KKH is not really cheap. I wld rather u stick with Gleneagles as this is a private hospital and their rates are almost close to KKH. Moreover, Gleneagles is private hospital so their service is btr. I had bad encounter with KKH as i've been referred to a senior doctor instead of a gyne without my knowledge or consent as my gyne was off duty for my previous pregnancy. He didn't give me any jab or medicine to stop my staining and didn't give me MC. The next day I was bleeding and when my hubby rush me to KKH, it was too late as my baby's heartbeat was very fain by then. Then my gyne attended to me and told me that the doctor who attended to me is not a gyne and only a senior doctor. Then everything is too late and I had a miscarriage. Now that I am preggy, I am not going back to KKH. I am just sharing my encounter and not stopping anyone from going to KKH. If u are going to KKH, pls ensure that at all times u are being referred to a gyne in the event ur gyne is off duty.

Neongoby: ya.. i saw it.. gynae point to me n say that is baby heartbeat..

but is so tiny it look's like a bean.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

charmaine: congrats to u too.. u will see ur baby heartbeat when u go for ur next visit.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I am also looking fwd to my nx visit with my gyne coz he said by then can see baby's heartbeat. Btw as most of us wld be due by CNY, when shd we book for CL if we intend to get one?

hi Miracle,

Sorry to hear about your previous encounter and really thanks for your sharing. I will take note of that and hope we all have smooth pregnancy journey [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

maybe i m too early to think abt this, juz voicing out my thots, feel free to give me your advice, mummies.

I am wondering last nite if I could go for confinement catering (abt $1500), then have a part time maid (comes by 2 times a week to do housework for 4 hrs each), then i look after the baby myself. Is it possible? Will it be too tiring for me? but from 2nd mth onwards, without the CL, we still have to take care of the baby ourselves? I don't intend to hire a full time maid at home.

Miracle, i just booked my CL. You can confirm the edd with her again when due date is nearer.

Neongoby, will anyone be helping you out? e.g your hubby, mum, mil or granny? I had a nitemare when i had my son as 1st time mummy, with no help plus my wound from natural delivery got infection. Guess becoz i never rest during confinement, my health detoriate and i always fall sick. So this 2nd delivery, will get CL

fiona,

wk6 can see heart beat already?!?!?!?!

you are lucky...90% confirm pregnancy la...:>

me still pending for seeing gynae next week

jessy: ya.. can see le..

heehee.. i am thinking of booking confinement catering 1 mth before i give birth.. so maybe Dec den book.. CL book early better.. cuz u won't know when the CL will be fully book.. some more our edd is so near to CNY..

Charmaine,

Maybe my hubby will help, but he is working so I can't expect him to help out much when I am resting at home all day, i will feel bad [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]. My granny is 80, too old and I dont want to trouble her. both my mum n mil are working, so it's a no no too.

Hahaha, u oredi booked CL ah? so fast! about $2.8k rite?

sigh.... donno if I should just get one, maybe i should learn from your experience and get one too, after all, money can earn back, health is more impt?

Hi Neongoby,

Ya, i booked my CL coz i really had a bad experience for my 1st confinement. Tat time really had bad financial prob so can't afford CL. Cant force my mum to help me coz she needs to work.

I cook for myself, take care of bb, have a dog, do laundry and minor hsechores, total breastfeed and got to take care of my infected wound. There were times whereby everything happen same time : my breastmilk leaking (need to latch/pump), my baby crying, my dog barking and worst, i need to go toilet v urgently but will need time to clean wound and apply med after that.

So i never get to rest during my confinement. Was trying hard for this 2nd pregnancy so that the next confinement i can really "improve" my health. So if you could get someone to stay with you during the day, it makes a huge difference. Health is really very impt and you shd rest as much as you can during your confinement.

Hi Jessyy, I hvn't book my CL but thk hv to book one soon like Charmaine said coz our due date so close to CNY. I just checked with my friend and her CL not willing to do confinement during CNY. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Maybe I hv to try asking other friends' CL. Worst come to worst, maybe hv to sign up with those confinement agency.

Charmaine,

It must be terrible for you during the first confinement, you definitely should get a CL and take good care of yourself this time. (lol, still hv to take care of your dog, poor mummy)

ladies, i just tested positive, have an appt with Dr Joycelyn Wong of TMC, but earliest is 7th Jul. Thinking of finding a obgyn who is available next week to do a scan first. I think my conception date was 29th May. Btw, I am getting very very stupid by the day.. i keep mxing up my conception date and am absent minded in my daily life. sigh. haha.

Hi hi,

Me juz tested positive tis morning and is expecting my 2nd child. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Do u all think it is ok to go Genting end Jul, which I think I should be in the 10th weeks already

congratz YJHL and bibien..

bibien: u better check with ur gynae.. but mostly can la.. cuz my gynae say i can go traveling..

bibien : congrats! i very kiasi.. i cancel my honeymoon plans(paid $1k+) with only about 30% refunded cos my mil say 1st trimester take plan very dangerous.. genting should be fine unless ur gynae says so right? i am also thinking of going genting since cannot fly already.. just got married in april..

Hi Bibien and Judy, if I am not wrong, only 2nd trimester is safe to travel coz 1st trimester pregnancy still quite unstable and we need to be extra careful. Last trimester tummy too big so not convenient to travel. That time when we went for our honeymoon, there's a lady who was preggy in her 2nd trimester went as well. Then I asked her and she said this is what her gyne told her but of coz her body must be well and fit to travel.

Hi Charmaine, I am hvg badache and my gyne gave me MCs to rest at home. He said I shdn't experience this as this only happens towards end of pregnancy. I have been eating well and thank God for that. Perhaps u might want to look for agencies for part time contract work. Some employers don't mind to hire pple who are preggy but not much benefits lor.

Hi Miracle, actually i just turned down a very good contract offer last tues coz i'm having morning sickness. Now it's just getting worse. Nausea and giddy and i'm only in my 5th week. Feeling terrible.

charmaine: me also having morning sickness n yet have to go work..

the thread is very slow.. last time the thread go so fast.. now all busy with work?? so sian..

fiona, hang on there. Jiayou. I reject the job offer coz i dun think i can concentrate to learn new job tasks in a new environment in my current state. I know i'm pregnant 2 days after i left my previous company.

Hi Fiona,

I am also working [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hang on there, for the little one.

Hehe

just have my lurch.. ya.. need to hang on there..

having this vomiting feeling for a week already.. hope this will go away.. so uneasy..

I guess differernt pple hv diff symptoms. Mine is backache but still hv to hang in there. Talk abt lunch, puts me off. My mil bought mixed vegetables rice for me. One of the dishes is cabbage, it's so cooling to eat cabbage now so I give it a miss. Then she also bought 'cheng tng' for me. Told her can't drink 'cheng tng' now as it is very cooling and she said not cooling and even ask me to drink. I hv no choice but drink half a bowl. Really irritating.

I feel nausea once in a while everyday, but it is very mild, still can tolerate, I just try not to think about it. Want to find a new job initially, but after I found out that I am pregnant, no choice, have the push back the idea till next year.

sigh....

Miracle, maybe you can drop hints to yr mil that you prefer to avoid "cooling" food since you are in 1st trimester. or buy food yourself so that you can buy wat you like to eat?

Neongoby, hang on to your current job since you are pregnant now.

my morning sickness is very bad.. today vomit 5 times. im on duphaston also so its contributing to my nausea.. so irritating..

thanks ladies, have lined up Dr Yvonne Chan for next Wed morn [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I am also planning to go to HK in late Aug (right after first trimester), since we scheduled it for 1 Jul initially but hubby cannot make it (and anw it would still have been in the first trimester)

oh its me again ;) i seem to open this thread more and more frequent, oops better not let my boss know ;p

Last night my hubby so sweet, bought Dumex anmum chocolate milk powder for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] taste pretty good, not so sweet, but a bit expensive i find, 14 servings for $20.20 ($1.44 per serving?)

Have the mummies here start to take this kind of stuff?

Oh remember to take the folic tablets, mummies.

Thks Charmaine. I thk next time I just push it to gyne says I can't eat this and eat that. I hv been bed resting for the past few days due to bad backache, otherwise I wld hv cook porridge myslf. The other day she just cooked ginseng chicken soup but being 1st tri we can't take any tonics for now so I asked hubby to drink instead.

Hi hi,

I will only be visiting My gynae end of the month coz she is fully booked.

Me doing my rebonding now, so can be a presentable preggie lady hehe.

Judy, i'm on duphaston when i'm week 4 coz i'm having very painful cramp. Does it contributes to nausea? Was wondering how come i get morning sickness so fast?

Neongoby, i'm skipping the preg milk coz i got g.diabetes for my 1st pregnancy so i'm avoiding sweet stuffs for this preg.

Miracle, rest well for your backache. Ya just push the blame on gynae [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. Guess elders dun know that 1st trimester can't take tonics. My gynae told me to avoid certain things and one of it is to avoid taking tonics

Hi bibien,

I also want to do rebonding but my hubby dun allow. Anyone else rebond and dye your hair when you are pregnant?

Hi Charmaine,

Hehe, my husband also abit against me doing rebonding but

I told him, those ladies working in hair salon also touches the chemical daily so does it mean they can't work during pregnancy?

So he let me do lor. But I promise I only do rebonding, not highlight/colour coz tat will means more chemical used on hair.

Hi Charmaine, I am also taking Duphaston, Propanolol and Salbutamol for my backache. How bad is ur cramp? Do u need to bed rest? Mine was quite bad that I was given MCs to bedrest. Hope we get well soon with a smooth pregnancy road ahead. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi everybody,

I have tested +ve just now at work due to own instinct. Have a baby gal now at 10 mth+. So, this news is abit 'shocking' to me even till now.

CL: I definately will engage one for this pregnancy. My mom did 4 me 4 my gal. And seriously speaking, I didn't rest well during confinement. Cse you feel heart ache and guilty to see yr mom busy cooking, cleaning your house and waking up middle night when baby cries. And automatically, I kept waking up and didn't rest at night as I didn't want her to tire herself. And now, she suffered from frozen shoulder since my confinement. So, conclusion is... I will definately get a CL, and 'throw' everything to her and make sure I really make it up this time round. :p

Hi Charmaine, I dun thk the medicine wld make us feel nausea. Coz I've checked with my gyne whether it wld cause any side effect and he said no. How is ur menses cramp now? Hope u r much btr by now. My backache is on and off, guess I juz need more bedrest.

Hi Gals,

I just went to see my gynae. I am 6 weeks 2 days and saw my bb's heart beat. It is so amazing, my due date is 2/2/11 nice no.

Back