(2011/02) Feb 2011

@cnicole: Your babies are out? Congrats!! Sorry, I too long never come here so not updated. Hee hee... Are they doing well?? When can he be discharged?

Hi gals,

Been some time since I last posted in this thread,but I still come in to read whenever I have time. Glad to see that everyone's doing well and hanging on [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Val,

U can try durians but weight gain is fast and furious if u take enough. Another one I heard would be ice cream.

Engorgement

It's one of the most painful things in the world. Its harder than rock!!! Super painful and baby can't suck so it'll be crying. Super stressful. I had to resort to cabbage leaves to ease the pain which is not advisable as I read that it reduces milk supply.

Preciousbabi, do tell your gynae tonite about your numb fingers. I think it's unusual to have numb fingers. The coconut you bought izzit the big or small one? Coz the ntuc i went only got those big coconuts but my cousin say i shd be drinking the small one. Enjoy your ML! :D

Mi mi, same like you, i'm having GD and my bb's weight is 2.247kg at 35weeks. BB's weight on the smaller side and my gynae tell me to continue to watch out my diet my sugar intake.

Val, 2 of my malay colleagues gave birth to 4kg+ bb and both sweared that eating fast food will increase bb's weight. Can also eat durian then balance up by drinking coconut juice hahaha..

Joodz, ahhh maybe the genes of having big bb runs in your family hehe.. But at least you are more assured that you shd be able to have natural birth le [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Fiona, wow your bb put on 900g in one week? Tat's alot! I hope my bb will put on more weight too. I tell my gynae i wanna induce early but he's against it coz he said i might end up in emerg-csec. Your 1st kid also induce and natural delivery rite?

Mamaying, ya the weather nowadays really fluctuating and can make a person sick easily. The feeling of coughing and unable to stop is really irriting. Try applying vicks on your chest before you sleep.

Val, yes, if bb is not growing inside womb, the gynae will advise to induce. Happened to my friend so she agreed to induce and pumped up her bb after delivery. By full month, her ger was really chubby le...

Charmaine, my boy was also down to one feed at night in 20 days three years ago. Hope my Emma would be the same as her bro and cousin. I think I am doing the routine method correctly. The baby doesn't wake up other than at 2-3am n 6-7am for milk. No crying. Nothing... My sil has to get back to work after two months. She tried the three hourly feeding for the first 10 days and really suffered n nearly breakdown cos 3 hourly is not enough for newborn.. And she was not producing enuf milk. So my mil ask me to show her how to structure the feeds like I did for my boy. Within 3 days, her milk increased, she can sit down to have lunch and dinner at proper timings instead of adhoc after attending to baby, baby cry less cos we start feeding before baby cries for milk (initially, we keep hearing baby cry every two three hours), everyone knows when the baby needs what rather than guessing and rushing about like headless chicken, she has time to rest, nap, pump and even have some me-time.

We can also tell visitors what time to come. Usually 2:00-3:30pm when baby is awake.

Many people say each baby is different so lets see if my

Emma is also going to be like her bro and cousin. If Emma also can do it, I guess baby needs are not so different from each other afterall. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Fiona, 900g in a week is alot!! What did u eat last week?? Pray tell!! I want my baby weight to go up abit more lei... Now 2.684kg and I am due for csec on sat!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Engorgement

Pls get Hubby to help suck out the milk. Baby n pump not powerful enuf. Pain until tears come out. Then feel feverish etc. First few days must really diligently latch and pump. Min 3 hr apart. If can do more often, say 2.5 hr apart, do it.

Evaingal & Choc, wow Breastfeed really need a lot of encourage and must suffer the pain too. Hmm now can understand why so many ppls give up breastfeed half way.

Valerie, oh I drink coconut water and the meat. It will balance it as not so cooling. Fiona said is right eat durian 1st after that drink coconut water will balance up as not so heaty. I also do that.

Haha I love Mac fast food. I only ate beef when I eat Mac. As very difficult for me go find beef noodles. Hehe. I also don't eat beef but very wierd is Im super crave for beef only for this pregnancy.

Fiona, great ur boy grow well and getting heavy. Hope my girl also will be heavy too. Hehe but If she too heavy my pelvis will be very painful. Haha.

jooz, my mom also gave birth to giant bb. Haha but only me is induce out. But I'm the lightest among my Sis and bro. Haha Im 3.56kg when Im out. Hehe. Jia you u also can count down for ur bb arrival. =)

charmaine: ya.. my number 1 was induce n natural birth..

mami B & charmaine: i eat beef and drink milk..

i eat alot of rice also..

u can try eating beef or drink milk or durian also can..

Charmaine, actually I am at home now waiting for the delivery of the little wooden bed. They are late!! Tonight is the challenge. We bot with a trundle (drawout bed). So hubby or myself will accompany him to bed. When he sleeps, we will go back to our room. So have to see how this pans out later. Hehe... May take a few days for him to get used to it. We didn't want him to wake in the night because of Emma's cries etc. So had to either put Emma in his room and let him continue sleep in our rm or kick him out and put Emma in our room. So we chose the latter. Ha!

Then when Emma sleeps thru, we put her in the brother's room. Effectively kicking both of them out of our room. Abit sad cos I do love hugging my boy if he squeeze between Hubby n me to sleep. Think I m going to miss it.

Pinkyval, good to see u back on the forum. We missed u and were wondering if u were doing ok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

It's not possible to share the routine here cos it changes with the baby's weight gain, alertness, among other things. In the first yr, the routine actually changes 10 times, leading to the solid food feeds that matches adult mealtimes of breakfast, lunch n dinner. But u can get the routines from the Gina Ford book. The New little contented baby guide. Buy from borders or kino. But u must never start the routine until u completely understand where she is coming from, Ie, the rationale behind her recommended feeding times and sleeping times. Then u will be able to adjust the feeds and sleep of ur newborn accordingly. U will find that many times, u will need to make judgement calls on whether to increase a feed or drop it off or do a top up feed. So the rationale behind each feeding session is critical for u to understand and make that call. I study the book like study for exam one. Hehe.. So I know which pages to flip to if I encounter specific situations. It's hardwork to try to understand the book. Probably much easier to just go with the baby's crying n just feed her. But short term pain, long term gain. ;)

Gina Ford was a pediatric nurse who worked many years in ICU, caring for premature babies.

Maybe I will make a good modern confinement nanny haha.. Those who hire me can sleep in peace after 8-12 weeks. Whahaha!!

@Mami B: Hee hee.. Thanks, I'm okie. =p Oh, I have that book. But she wrote feed every 3 hours leh. Or I read wrongly... Heee...

val..tough one..my memory not so good leh...wait i page for wish_child to help... LOL....

wish_child..come help me...hahahaa...

All of you talk about coconut i also went to buy from supermarket. Recently appetite too good.. about 3-4 hours hungry again. I just had friend noodles and soup at 3 plus then still hungry... so having milk tea and cookies..resisted buying Macs fries! hee havent checked my weight and baby's weight for almost a momth.. last time 32 weeks i have gained about 9+ kg. baby was 1.9kg... tml i shall know...

Anyway, anyone got a preloved Munchkin diaper organizer? (the one that hangs on the side of the baby cot)

Anyone giving this away? or for a token?

Thank you.

Kindly sms me at 9698 2363 Esther.

Pinkyval, yes - in hospital 3 hourly feed is ok. If can do more often do more often. Recommend u start the page 213 (plan for increasing milk supply.) then when supply is up, use the appropriate week routine. U will realise on page 212-214, the feeding times can be less than 3 hrs. Sometimes split feeds etc. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Worked for my sil ;)

@Val: I only know for Michelle that her waterbag burst while in the office. But for pootz I got no idea coz I'm not in FB.

@wish_child: Do you know how come pootz gave birth so early? And did Claire gave birth thru c-sect? I think she did mentioned about need to give birth early..

@Charmaine: My mum will be helping me do my confinement but I pai sei to ask her help me clear doggies' mess coz her health also not very good. So I had told my hubby to help out and poor him, gotta shower and blow dry them while I'm doing confinement. But he still got the cheek to ask why I can't blow dry them and I told him I'm afraid my wound will hurt, plus can't keep on bending my body during confinement. :p

RE: Drinking Rice Water

I just asked my mum and she told me it's the same purpose as drinking the longan red date drink just that she's afraid that I'll get bored if I kept drinking that so will need to alternate.

Pinkyval: pootz delivered at 31 weeks thru c sect as she got bleeding and doc advise her to deliver early . She was hospitalise that time when she we bleeding . If I remember correctly.

Eviangal: my younger twin Verrick is still in hospital coz his weight is too light he can only be discharged when his weight increase to 1.95kg . He is 1.808kg today. Feeding 40 ml each feed .

My older boy is 2.180 kg today . He came home w me on 4 Jan . Since then I only manage to get 2 hours sleep a day. So sleepy but can't get to bed . We increased his feed to 50ml yesterday .

Hi mummies

Claire gave birth already?? wow

she did mention abt low placenta and going KKH right?

n now she has delivered.. so fast..

i'm feeling weird today. like cant walk properly..

macham like cant balance and breathless when I went to bring No. 1 from CC

feel like want to go toilet but nothing come out..

so far no other signs yet..

BB is kinda like hiccupping at the moment..

but really having trouble walking now..

baywater, are you currently a sahm too? my mum is super naggy plus she now going through menopause...

wish child, my bto is at bukit panjang.. cant really ignore her comments cuz she'll make sure you remember her words.. stress...

ah ching, your bb head engaged already? perhaps thats why you'll have difficulty walking.. next time dun slap your boy la.. slapping like very serious. if really wanna discipline, can beat hand or leg...

RE:coconut juice

i heard its better to consume the green whole coconut rather then the commercial ones. even tho some say the normal ones are cut from the green ones, i realise green ones are really cooling while the white ones are very sweet and heaty instead..

My Brest Friend Ad

Want To Sell: My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow (Used)

Dear All,

I am looking to sell My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow. Used less than 10 times only. Item still in original packaging as per the picture below

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8919/img1001q.jpg

Bought at $81.40 as per the picture with the price tag on packaging

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6764/img1002uc.jpg

Selling at $50 only.

Interested parties, please sms me at 97421248 or email me at [email protected]

Self collection at Suntec during work hours or Jurong West or Bukit Panjang after work hours.

Want To Sell: Used Medela Freestyle Breastpump

Dear All,

I want to sell my 5 months old Medela Freestyle Breastpump. Item is a US set, not a local set. Information about the set is as follows as its bought from the same seller in Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Medela-Freestyle-Brand-New-Latest-model-/290519460189?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item43a44f295d

I still have the box packaging and I will provide all the items listed in the ad. Will throw in 2 X Medela SoftFit Breastshield (Brand new) as that has direct contact with my body and therefore its not hygenic to provide my used ones. The SoftFit Breastshield looks like the item below:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Medela-Softfit-Breastshield-1-pair-/290520534506?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item43a45f8dea

Item still in great condition and battery life is as good as new. Used for 3 months only and then keep in storage.. Selling for only $300.

Interested parties, please sms me at 97421248 or email me at [email protected]

Self collection at Suntec during work hours or Jurong West or Bukit Panjang after work hours.

jeanie: went to read up on the signs that baby has engaged.

frequent urination, increased hunger, abdomen shape change which lead to off balance as now belly tilting forward and constipation.

I am having all of the above signs.. so should be baby has engaged.

in addition, I have also been havng transparent mucus like discharge.. but no show yet. think cervix is slowly softening now..

also having nesting instincts as I have been cleaning the house the last few days..

but still havent wash baby things.. cos of the stupid weather.

really hope baby comes after 20th as I want Aquarius baby..

anyone else got the above signs?

Ah Ching, I have frequent urination. Last 10 minutes I went 2 times!! Lower back painful. The shape of the bump is drooping downwards. But doc didn't say engaged today when I went to see him. He only say the head is downwards.

Do take care when doing housework cos u don't wana exert urself during these last few weeks. U still have plenty of time to do all these. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi all, I have the following if u r interested:

1. brand new Osim ukimono letting go at 200bucks. It's new as it's a lucky draw prize

2. combo miracle turn (use only 4times) is going at 400bucks

3. Medela Freestyle US version (use less than 10x coz can't breastfreed) going at 500bucks.

Do pm me if interested.

Tx

Hi,

I have the following to let go, almost brand new as seldom used . Pls PM me if interested

1. Ameda Lactaline Dual Pump at $300 (retail $388)

2. Baby Bjorn Synergy (Air Mesh Material) in Dark Blue at $200 (retail $289)

3. Capella S705 stroller (2010 model, Blue color) at $250 (retail $329)

4. My Brest Friend Breastfeeding Pillow at $50 (retail $81)

5. Bumbo (yellow color) with play tray at $45 (retail $79.90)

Morning mummies! Raining day again…so sian coz all my bb clothes still pending for washing…if it still rain, will take the emergency one for laundry by next wk!

@Fiona87- same here, will be taking many of my fav food mostly junk before I give birth…hee Good luck and have a smooth delivery!

@wishchild – how come u know the details of mummies like who gave birth etc?? Maybe I should log in more in FB but lately too busy with my work, besides not convenient to go FB while working.

@Ah Ching – ur bb head engaged? I was told by my gynae that my bb head has engaged…but I dun have the signs u mentioned leh except constipation if my intake of veg is very little…however, I do encounter transparent mucus discharge but not on daily basis…maybe 3 times per wk.

Charmaine, try to neg for a later start date for ur new job... worry that u might not be able to enough rest and even with the new maid around, things can be sressfully... if ur boy scream when the maid is bathroom, probably he is starting to understand the diff in boy n girl. My gal will shoo the father out the bath room when she is taking the shower...

Probably start with other tasks first. I method I use to help the helper to remember is to paste notes on the steps to do the task on the task itself. Like packing for my gal schoolbag, I'll paste a note on the cupboard where she needs to access to pack the items. A note on the milk bottles station, showing her how many scoopes of milk powder for my gal etc... It helps to make things easier for both...

Jeanie, yes,currently I'm a stay at SAHM... got preg when I 2 mths after quited the job... dun think anyone wld employ a preg lady...

Update on my little one, she is 2.6kg at 35wks, and I this time round I put on 1.8kg and only 400g go to her.... too much cakes and goodies during the Christmas and New Year, i suggest... haha

@Mami B: Thanks for the info!! =D

Re: Rice water

My mum also prepared rice water for me. And not forgetting pig trotter vinegar! Yum yum~

@Jeanie: My bto also in Bukit Panjang! Is yours Senja Green??? =D

@Pootz, Zanta & cnicole: Thanks for updating me! Hee hee..

@cnicole: Hope your younger baby can go home soon. It must be very tiring for you. *pat pat* You are a strong & noble mummy! =)

Hi All,

am new to this thread here... Wif my 1st one, baby gal n EDD 1st Feb...

Hi Rainbow, me gotta same EDD n gynae as u! Haha.. Dr Adrian tan...

hi preciousbabi,

me too same prob as u! Both wrists locked since mths ago.. Mornings even worse! Can't rotate at that particular angle.. Asked my gynae n he said Tis is a common preggies' problem, gotta wait till afterbirth.. If by then it goes away den u heng heng.. Or else, will b stuck wif tis prob on n off, like many of my mummy friends...

mami B and Mrs Ong: I am not sure abt whether engaged but those are the signs I read from internet..

however I strongly believe BB is engaged cos I have much difficulty walking..

and my belly hasnt changed shape like previously.

anyway, BB engaged does not mean BB going to be born soon.. maybe 2-3 weeks later.

Mrs Ong: suspect the transparent mucus like discharge is signs of cervix softening.. but it also takes sometime until fully soften bah?

My first preg.. I got show abt 1 week before delivering..

and cervix remained 1 cm dilated for the whole week..

marie: welcome to the thread..

guess you'll be delivering soon too.

Re: baby laundry

sigh..really hate this stupid weather..

still havent wash BB things

I'm starting to feel v tired these days.. Dont feel like waking up in the morning n v lathargic at work. Is it normal? I still have 5more weeks to go...sigh...how am i gg to survive?

So super cold today!! 23-29•c like Taipei weather. I can close all the window in the apt and yet feel like there is Aircon in the house. Very Shiok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] brrrr....

Yesterday I put my son in his new big boy bed (single bed with pull out) and he slept in his own room. To make things exciting, we gave him a walkie talkie (Philips baby monitor) and told him he can talk to us thru this even when we are in another room. So he was very excited about sleeping there. He spoke into the monitor in the middle of the night and said,"papa... Very cold!" so my Hubby went over to cover him with a blanket. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mami_B, how was the challenge last nite? Did your boy succeed in sleeping in his own room? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I placed my boy's bed beside mine ever since i'm pregnant but he barely slept there hahaha.. Still trying to coax him to sleep by himself. My hubby's initial intention is to let the maid sleep with either my boy or my bb but i'm not comfortable, somemore my maid's new and always sick. Maybe i'll wait till bb's slightly bigger > 6mths than let the maid sleep with my bb.

Zanta, i think during confinement, you might wanna put your dogs in the cage while your hubby's at work so that you dun need to clean up their mess. Squatting might tear/injure your wound. That's wat nearly happen to me during my 1st confinement. And if hubby is exhausted too, just send your dogs for grooming instead of doing yourself.

Baywater, me too, sahm. But i found out i'm pregnant just 1 day after i left my last job. Too much of a coincidence. So far my maid is okie with the routine hsework, making milk, packing sch bag and cooking. But she needs constant reminding on when to do this and that. So i guess must let her get used to it then she will rmb. She will still forget and ask me to confirm even if she write on paper. Today i just realised that she can't tie shoelaces coz my boy's shoelaces is loose and has 2 knots!

Given my mil the money we intended to pass her for helping me out with my confinement plus buying herbs n fresh food. I m delivering this Sat for those of u who are not in FB [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

At first , I thought should give at the end of the confinement but decided that it's better to give now coz she started buying so many many things already. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hubby told her if not enough, let us know and we will pass her some more. Think she is happy that we are this thoughtful. Plus now if I need help to buy anything, I don't feel so Pai Sei to ask mil to help me get [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] for the confinement, I even have to get a bigger slow cooker, a porcelain "Zhong" for double boiling soup, a large stone pounder, a new big thermal flask for Ginger tea. Large containers for all the various herbs. All these , my mil went to buy for me.

Lately cannot sleep between 2-5am so I will be awake, thinking what are the outstanding things I still need to do before this Saturday.

Today went for my 36weeks checkup. No weight gain for me but bb put on 100gm to 2.3kg [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. Gynae told me to continue to eat healthy with veg and avoid carbo and sugar. He was shocked when i asked can I eat durian and said no. Even told me to control drinking coconut juice coz it's sweet. Sigh...

Had a scary incident just now. I reached the clinic early so i bought delifrance chicken sandwich to eat at the clinic while waiting for my turn. When i was eating, i bite on something hard and when i spit out, it's a piece of broken glass!!! Wah lau!!! Lucky today hubby was with me and he took the sandwich with the glass pc to show the person. My hubby told them to remove the whole remaining box of chicken filling and said the manager kept apologizing. Lucky i took very small bites when i'm eating the sandwich, otherwise i think the glass will definitely cut my tongue.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

mami B: do u feel excited that you know you'll be delivering on Sat?

i wonder what's the diff between knowing exactly when we going to give birth and when we dont..??

and wow u bought so many things for confinement. seems like confinement is a big project for many.

For me all the confinement herbs fit into a NTUC plastic bag?

Back