(2011/02) Feb 2011

@esther: Hahahha! Imagine during your baby shower you take a plate out then tell people it's your placenta. I think they'll feel VERY gross lor. And I read that you should not freeze it for more than 2 days.

But anyway, it's my gynae that gave my hubby this idea lor. Lol~ That day she told us we can keep the placenta to eat, very good for my recovery. Then me & my hubby gave a very disgusted look. And my hubby asked her "So you eat yours too?". Then she gave a very big reaction "NOOOOOO~~~~~~, I never~~~". LOL~

pinkyval: hahahhaa.. i think if i serve that, everyone will faint almost immediately! hahahhaha

Consuming ur own placenta is good esp if you are going back to work after your confinement. because its extra extra booze to our health!!!

Ages ago, the rich people will buy placenta from the poor people in the village. As the richer folks consume placenta for beauty benefits!!! ehheehhehee....

@Marie: Hihi and welcome on board..

For me, I've got stiff fingers and my gynae also said this is common for preggies. But I hope it'll go away after I gave birth..

@Fiona, @Mami B: Seems like either of you will be the next to pop!! Feels so excited for the both of you. Do post your precious' pics here for us to see... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Mami B: Seems like you really have got a very nice MIL!! And you are so well prepared for your confinement already. I still haven't even got the brown rice which my mum asked me to buy. Not even bought those herbs for cooking because I'm waiting for my mum. And those pots which are meant to cook the soup will be loaned by my mum so I don't have to go buy. Can you loan from your MIL or SIL so you don't have to buy any?

@Charmaine: Ya lor, I also intend to cage them up during confinement, but they'll tend to be very barky when caged and I'm afraid that my bb will get a shock. Yesterday they misbehave again and I caged them up, trying to train them to be in the playpen again before I gave birth if not it'll be too late when bb arrives. Did you get your hubby to bring your boy's clothes back to let your dog smell to introduce the new member before bb is discharged? I'm thinking if I should.

So lucky you only ate small bite if not I don't know what will happen. OMG.. That's scary..

@Mi Mi: Me too, kept feeling very tired nowadays and the pain around the pelvic part is getting worst!! Sometimes in the middle of the night wanted to wake up and pee also very hard coz I gotta move veerry slowly if not it'll hurt alot.

@Ah Ching: Just go for the checkup tomorrow and check with Dr Ang if your bb's head is engaged already or not lor. I also want to ask him tomorrow.

@Trinket: Maybe buy abit of herbs to standby in case you deliver during CNY time?

@esther: Ya, my sil told me there's this doctor in HK he eats other people's placenta. And he looks very young even at the age of 60+. LOL~

MamiB

ur mil is 1 in a million! N gdluck for u csec on sat, excited for u!

Esther

ure not alone. Chinese or malay, my mil sucks the same. At least u still hv ur mum. Doing confinement with your own mother is definitely better. Less friction and no hard feelings.

TMC has various type of single rooms. The first time I stayed in a standard single, it was ok. And the 2nd time I stayed

on the 5th floor,it's the premier sort. It's Better, more cozy. Got Internet.

Hello mommies, im just came back for my checkup.

Now my bb is 34weeks and bb weight is 2.3kg. Oh i gained another 2kg but bb only gained 300g. Sian~ Haha i keep on gain weight i scare i cant slim down. My gynae said i must be prepare i will gain until 30kg because of my build. hmm then no choice lor..

wish child

can still control! eat healthily from now on. long beans, dark green leafy vegs, wholemeal bread, brown rice as often as you can... lean meat.

your bb is a healthy weight so now you just make sure you don't overdo the eating and will be easier later. Weight is not just looks issue, it's also a health issue.

trinket, Yap i trying to control my weight. I try not to take meal after 8pm and also no munch anything even hungry.

I also eat at home seldom eat outside also. Worry

i will gain a lot of weight so dont dare anyhow

eat nowaday. hehe.

I must jia you and dont want gain anymore weight

from now.. only want my bb gain weight. haha

yup!!! thts kinda a little sick pinkyval! hahahahah...

First mom: imagine if i turn my placenta into teddy bear and give to my MIL (muslim). I think she will FAINT!! hahahahahahahaha because muslim burry their placenta as its deem HOLY! ahahahhahah..... just wanna see her reaction on her face if i give her the teddy bear!!!! since my MIL gave me a Malay Al-quran (malay bible written in english language on my wedding day!)!!!

@mami b - ur MIL sooooo good! U r lucky! Huh so exp...well than the amt i give maybe not enough to cover those herbs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

@mamaying - Good for u coz without epi definitely better!

@pinkyval - wow ur MIL know how to cook? I know Malay also cook and eat...i thought need special handling and processing before consume?

zanta, I tried to register for the New Mum and Dad congress and it doesnt accept registration anymore, guess it must have been sold out! :-(

@pyng: She asked my sil to check online how to wash it. Lol~ Maybe cook like cooking pig liver bah... I also don't know. LOL~

Esther, U very funny le.. Haha.. I think ur mil really will faint if u give her ur placenta into teddy bear.

pinkval, how to cook the placenta i very curious le. I also same like Esther want to make my placenta into pills and eat it..

@wish_child: I also don't know how to cook leh. Make into pills very ex leh.. I think if I tell my hubby how much he'd asked me to be brave and just eat it. =(

wish child

don't worry even if you don't put on weight from now till delivery your bb will still put on.

jia you! I'm also trying to minimise weight gain so easier to deliver.

Hi mummies

Wow, the thread is fast today again..

Went for check up yesterday, bb is 2.8kg at 35weeks 3 days.. Next visit will be 2 weeks later at 37 weeks..

2nd day of ML at home today.. Prepared porridge with a few simple dishes for lunch and that took me an hour!! Now back is breaking as stand too long.. Haiz.. Also boiled water with red dates for drinking.. People say drinking red date water will give bb rosy cheeks.. Hehe..

@Charmaine: I’ve checked with my gyane on the wrists and numb fingers.. He say it’s normal leh.. He said these will be gone after birth.. I think the coconuts I bought are consider small ba.. Not those big ones we buy from hawkers..

@marie: Welcome to the thread! Ya, now the pain on the wrist is restricting me to a lot of things.. Cannot carry heavy things and cannot exert force.. Sometimes even have problem pushing myself up when I want to get out of bed.. Haiz.. My gf after birth still like that and has to visit Chinese Physician.. Hopefully will recover after birth ba..

wish_child: i think i'll just make into capsules... dun think i can stomach eating it or making into food! after looking at these sites.... well.... watever way it is...just consume it!! its good!

@moomoo73: I also tried to register online and can't so I called up abbott they said it's closed due to overwhelming response.. So sad..

Zanta, cannot loan the pot this time. My Sil stay with my mil. And my sil also just delivered so mil need to cook soup for her as well! Hahaha..! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] imagine cooking confinement food for two DILs. So mil bot a croc pot for me to use at home. She say she will prepare the ingredients. Then my maid just need to pour everything into the soup "Zhong" and on the electricity. Boil for 2-4 hrs. Something like that.

Yah I think my mil is really super. My mum says I am really blessed to have a gd mil like her. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my own mom has stroke some time back so her right side no strength. Hence for all my confinement, my mil take care of me like her own daughter. Even when miscarriage three times, each time also mil do mini confinement for me.

Valeria, I cant be brave to eat my placenta just cooked it. Hmm maybe u can ask ur hubby to cook ur placenta in soup. So just drink the soup and dont eat the placenta. Maybe it works the same as eat it?

Trinket, Yap i will jia you. I try to walked around a lot and do some housework but only help me not gained weight too fast. Hmm hope i still can walk around more often. My tummy getting bigger and bigger and more heavy until my pelvis very painful.

Today i told my gynae my pelvis very pain when i walk or stand. He said it normal if very painful he will give me a jab. I dont want take jab.. Hahaha..

@Mami B: OIC.. I thought your MIL cooks both you and your SIL's soup together.

How long does your mini confinement last for? And the foods you ate also same as those normal confinement?

@esther: Wahhh.. Thanks for finding the receipe!! =p

@wish_child: If drink I rather eat leh. Hahahha! Drink soup the taste will linger in the mouth de..

Well, anyway, if I really does eat it, I'll update you all on the taste. Hahahaha!

Time to go home! Have a great evening mummies! Buaiz~~

hi hi all...

booo.. MIL asked me abt my placenta too.. quite gross to think of it leh...

but wat exact benefits do we get from it??

CINCH TUMMY WRAP

I just need 5 more wraps to close this spree..

Anyone else still keen?

Please let me know asap...

Est $120 all in...

Retailing at $159.90

Taking in order for this model only...

PLEASE PM ME as i do not follow this thread...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wish_child/Mrs Ong, ya heng sia i never swallow the broken glass. Thinking back, i think i'm lucky today [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mami_B, no problem [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Btw, my boy born in the same year as your boy hehehe

Esther, cheer up coz at least your mum is still supportive for you! My mil passed away and my mum stayed just 3blocks away from me and she's not working but she's reluctant to help me when i started working to just supervise my maid who will be handling my newborn and boy. She told me she loved her freedom to watch tv and take nap at home as and when she like. My confinement will hit cny and my confinement lady will be gg back to Malaysia for 6days and seems like my mum's not coming over to help me too for tat 6days coz she told me she'll be busy visiting relatives/prepare the things to pray god. Well, i've got over it. It's MY confinement and MY children so i can settle it myself. Just tahan for 6days without confinement lady and install cctv to supervise the maid [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Joodz, yes yes i have to agree the service is really bad at tmc delifrance. Everytime i order from them, the staff will always give black face like i owe them money. But i'm always hungry when i reached there for my gynae visit and tmc only got jollybean and delifrance so i'll usually buy from delifrance.

Mi mi, i'm also having Group B Strep and i took the antibiotic twice and i'm still having it. Dun worry too much, my gynae said just remember to inform whoever is attending to your delivery to take the antibiotic jab before you give birth.

Val, your hubby so daring!! I told my hubby if i shd encapsule my own placenta and he stared back at me and tell me please dun do this hahaha...

Zanta, besides cage, you can try to widen their space by using gate to restrict them to the laundrette area. At least more space for them to move about. I made a mistake by disallowing my dog to smell my bb and i think she got depression after i got my boy coz she used to sleep with me on the same bed. Ever since my bb slept on the bed, she's been sleeping on the floor. But luckily now my boy and dog can play well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Preciousbabi, congrats bb is growing very well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Glad that your numb fingers are okie.

Wish_child, i realised i will put on weight if i take sweet stuff. You may want to try avoiding sweet stuff and see if your weight will halt. Oh ya, i used equal instead of normal sugar and drink coke zero instead of normal coke and i only limit myself to half a can per month [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Charmaine, hmm I will cut down on my sugar intake. Haha I have more than 8mths nv drink coke only yesterday have a small cup of coke. Hehe I don't eat sweets but I eat chocolate haha I know that's is worse. Haha i will try no to take chocolate from now on. Cny coming also very difficult to resist the goodies. Hehe

Hi,

I have the following to let go, almost brand new as seldom used . Pls PM me if interested

1. Ameda Lactaline Dual Pump at $300 (retail $388)

2. Baby Bjorn Synergy (Air Mesh Material) in Dark Blue at $200 (retail $289)

3. Capella S705 stroller (2010 model, Blue color) at $250 (retail $329)

4. My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow at $50 (retail $81)

@Charmaine: I put them in my service balcony because there's no other place for me to put them already. Yesterday I gave them the whole service balcony but they still misbehaved so I caged them in the playpen. Even in the playpen, they can also pee on the floor and wet their legs and body today!! I really dunno why they did this and I really dunno what to do with them now. Headache!!

Maybe you can ask your CL to cook the vinegar for the pig trotter so that your maid can cook the pig trotter for you when your CL goes back to M'sia. And also ask your maid to learn to cook as much dishes from the CL as possible too. If you don't intend to have anymore child, better to rest more and "bu" more for this confinement.

Zanta, is it because ur dogs want ur attention? Or they know soon got a bb going replace their place in ur heart? Hmm some dogs will know and jealous one.

My Fren's aunt dog jealous over her bb boy. Because she very pamper her dog but after got bb her attention all go to her bb. At times her dog try to bite the bb. Hmm also must depend also as different dog have different character.

Re: placenta

Heard from some frens, their CL cook the placenta like how they cook pig liver and kidney. Using ginger n confinement rice wine.

But I not dare to eat even is my own placenta.

HI HI

feel like eating meat now.. even after taking 1 very big cup of milk.

so I ordered McDelivery ;p

cant imagine what my weight will be tomorrow?

Ah Ching, feel like eat Mac just order and eat. Don't worry about ur weight. U everyday do so many exercise is more than enough to burn all the FATS. =)

Thanks everyone. Just Wed, thurs & Fri. Then pop!! ;)

Zanta, mini confinement lasted abt one month. First two weeks bathe with herbs. Food is similar to post delivery confinement but abit different. More to replenish blood n energy. No need the increase milk stuff like papaya fish bone soup. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Charmaine, another way is for the CL to cook, pack and freeze six days worth of confinement food for you. Then all u need to do is to defrost and heat it up, or cook it in a pot again before consuming. Then ur maid just cook rice for u. Your maid also need to make the red date tea for you. I posted the recipie here few days back. If u need, I can pm u again. It's not difficult to learn to cook the tea.

Gd thing u still have the maid to help out. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

OFB: my appt at 10 in the morning.

wish child: just gobbled down a double cheese burger and 6 pc nuggets.

wow didnt order the soft drink so now all stuck..

think must go drink some tea or what to wash down the food

fiona: good luck for your appt. guess you're expecting Dr Ang to agree induce tomorrow so you're excited and cant sleep?

I'm getting bad backache liao.. and also cant balance when I move..

hope Dr Ang dont tell me tomorrow that I going to pop..

but he said he can predict when I going to pop after tomorrow's appt when he do VE..

stomach is getting hard throughout the night..

hope that it is not sign of contraction..

cant remember how contractions feel like liao

@OFB: My appt tomorrow will be at 12pm. I think you can meet Fiona there. If I'm early, I might be able to meet Ah Ching. Haha.. So many of us are meeting Dr Ang tomorrow.

Btw, can your bb cot be pushed out of your room door? I haven't asked for mine to be delivered.

@Ah Ching: I might be wearing a light blue sleeveless polo top together with a black bottom. Call me if you see me tomorrow. Hehe.. And my hubby will be with me.

How many weeks are you in? If we're about the same, that means I might have a VE done tomorrow too? Is it painful??

@Mami B: OIC.. Because I heard before a case of ectopic (dunno how to spell) pregnancy and that lady only did 2 weeks of mini confinement.

@wish_child: Maybe lor. But I'd been telling them that "mummy" is having a bb inside and asked them not to bully her when she's out but they got no reaction le. And they're getting from bad to worst honestly. My dogs don't bite so I'm not so scare of this. I only scare they'll snatch her foods in future. Haha..

Darlest, thanks for ur email. I replied already ;)

Cannot sleep again during this timing. Sigh.

My son slided down his bed onto the pull out bed already. Maybe must get a bed rail afterall. Hahaha.. Why all the bed rails come in blue or pink. Only safety first one is in a nice neutral color beige (and it has to be the most expensive! Sigh!). Ikea only has white bed rail. My bed is wooden brown.

May really have to get the safety first one. Otherwise, spend so much effort coordinating the nursery and suddenly put one blue color one on the bed abit salah.... Hm... Decisions decisions.....

Morning mummies~

@Charmaine: Haha~ Maybe he said that cos he never seen a real placenta before! I only told him cooked one looks like beef, but I never tell him how disgusting the fresh one looks. With all the veins & blood. HELP~~~ =/ But you really want to make it into capsule and eat ah? Haha~ You also very brave leh, "volunteer" to consume it.

@Grace: Ya, my hubby also said cook it that way. He said the ginger will kill off all the smell and I can't tell. But I think by looking at the colour I can tell lor. Don't know if it's tender or tough. =x

Anyway mummies, this morning I bought a CNY romper for my boy from the market. Hahahaha! So happy! Hope he'll be able to fit. =p And my cot will be arriving today! Yipee~~ =D

Back