(2011/02) Feb 2011

@princess31 - I attend TMC, Mrs Wong's class. My husband and I enjoys her classes very much, as she gets the husband involved in exercises, and she shares her experiences with lots of jokes too. During our third class, she also gave each couple a toy baby for hands-on bathing, breastfeeding, burping, diapers wrapping.. so there's never a dull moment. She also show us very eye-opening videos of childbirth, breastfeeding etc... a little gross, but informative. We can feel that she's really passionate about what she's teaching. So it's sad to hear you say the Mt A class is boring, coz for us, we definitely look forward to our antenatal class. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Princess31: yup! The nutritionist shape is good.. Like no weight gain whereas I fat like dunno wad... My hubby now keep asking me eat the right thing only... Incase next time j can't get back to normal size.. I make many noise.. Haha..

Yup.. Will keep u updated for the 2nd lesson...

Ah Ching: Alamak! Stand by gynae? That's like some total random stranger [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] But I guess if really no choice then bo pian...will check with my gynae about all this when I next see her ...

Pootz: Ya, I think I should've signed up for TMC's Wong Boh Boi's classes instead of at Mt A.

but I thought I would be delivering at Mt A hence signed up for the Ladies Card and also the antenatal classes there to save $$. Plus, the antenatal class at Mt A includes hospital tour as one of the lessons so I thought can kill two birds with one stone. Did not expect my gynae to drop the bombshell that I won't be able to deliver at Mt. A. Somemore it was only because I asked; she didn't volunteer the info. So by the time I found out, it was too late to signup for TMC classes. Sigh! Well, I hope my next few classes will be more interesting [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@eviangal - no worries and tks. If not rush, i will submit mine after 17 nov coz my fren passing me bb clothes and will decide which to order.

@Ah Ching - 3rd trim start on wks 28..u r almost there [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Me also lazy to do kegel exercise and have to remind myself to make a point to do it often.

Anyone who has low-lying placenta, is it true we cannot do light exercise as i would like to do prenatal yoga.

@Mrs Ong - yeh, low placenta cannot do pre-nat yoga... When I was at Mrs Wong's class, she sit on the floor feet to feet, then do some stretching exercise, she also tell the low placenta pple cannot do... sad hor! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Mrs Ong: I have low lying placenta and my gynae advised against most types of exercise including contact sports, and even swimming [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] But she said walking is fine though not for too long. I'm not sure about prenatal yoga though. Best to check with the yoga instructor?

princess

the first talk is a bit more dry. but the rest are great! sister kang is the mrs wong of Mt A, and she's a great lactation consultant.

also ppl i spoke to who have delivered at both TMC and Mt A unanimously said they preferred Mt A. and if they had a third child, opted for Mt A.

personally i really like Mt A cos the nurses are so caring... and the atmosphere more laid-back... and when my dd had to go to hospital, the attention was so immediate though i had expected some wait. quite impressed with the knowledge of the child ward nurses, as good as asking a doctor.

i think for your gynae, she's probably talking abt a self-imposed quota. never heard of mt A giving any doctor quotas... and even if so, for her to have met the quota she must have booked quite a lot of ppl into Mt A already? but from your friend's sharing, doesn't seem so?

anyway, no worries lah, make the most of the situation. at least you know you'll get speedy attention if you deliver at TMC during her office hours.

trinket: Phew, ok! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] At least I can look forward to the next few lessons ... heehee ... I'm not sure if all the classes are done by sister Kang but hopefully I'll have her for at least some of the lessons.

I'm thinking maybe for my 2nd child I'd like to experience Mt Alvernia so at least I have some basis for comparison should the situation of a 3rd child ever arise :p

I'm also beginning to suspect that this quota is self-imposed. Nobody I've spoken with has a gynae that speaks of a quota for delivering at certain venues. Sigh. But oh well. I can't really argue with my gynae on this, can I? She sounded so helpless when she said she was fully booked at Mt. A ... I was quite taken aback so we just kinda went "Okaaayy...." . We haven't booked anything yet though so let's see what happens. I guess at the end of the day, I've already convinced myself that it doesn't really matter where I give birth so long as I'm in capable hands and facilities are adequate [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] But I must admit it took me at least a week or two to get over it and till today, I'm still searching for a rational explanation at the very least.

so sad...better play safe but i have enrolled aqua fitness and 2 more sessions to go...guess will do the exercise slowly. I also walk for an hour daily coz it good to be moderately active. SIGHS, Really hope my placenta will shift up soon.

Mrs Ong,

I have a low lying placenta and I signed up for 4 prenatal yoga sessions at mother and child. They told me that you can do prenatal yoga but no squatting exercises. What I like about the class is that they tell you not to do any exercise you feel uncomfortable with. just let the instructor know first

I did the same class two years ago with no problem. Also went swimming once a week. unless you notice any spotting you'll be ok. Gentle exercise is fine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I just went for my 24-week gynae appointment this morning and everything is fine. Baby weighs about 530g.. however, placenta is still low.. gynae said to continue monitor for a while.

princess31: yah i also agree with pootz that mdm wong's class is highly enjoyable. i am not advertising her but though i would put in a good word cos i really had fun. she is sincere and funny and the topics she teaches really caught my attention. only downside is i had to attend without my husband as he is working so i missed out a lot of couple interaction. anyway, nevermind lah. im sure u will pick up something useful in the mt a class as well. :)

Hi CHarmian,

i havent call for booking yet. I will need to attend lesson on Sat as i am working till 7pm everyday. I havent booked my room too coz i wan to take a look too. Hehee.

Hi ladies , the stock for the car seat is at my place.

You can start to collect from tomorrow before 12 noon or after 5pm.

other days this week , I will be available during the evenings.

anymore mommies want to join us on facebook? please add me [email protected]

Hi,

Just bought 3 boxes of 12 x 80ml Medela Freeze and Store bottles from a mummy in the forum.

I prob need only 2 boxes so wonder if anyone would like to take over 1 of the boxes?

I got 3 boxes at $48. the BP selling at $24 per box. so anyone interested want to take over at $16 per box?

The box still sealed.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4712063.jpg]

@SLim: ya, once stop my weight gain abt 3kg!!! I'm seeing dr woo at tiong bahru

I went ntuc xtra @ hougang point today, didn't see any NUK product, so disappointed. I saw a new Korean Brand under pigeon... Named BBfree, it's made of glass and has 120 n 240ml size... Duno if it's good but I feel it's quite heavy so didn't buy.

Hi Fellow Mummies.. Sorry to interrupt..

Selling off Medela PISA on behalf of my friend who has just delivered and decided to discontinue use with breast pump.

Medela Pump In Style® Advanced Backpack

Condition: 9.5/10

Warranty: Until Aug 2011

(Purchased in Aug 2010 for more than $700)

Free hand delivery at seller's convenience

What’s Included

Stylish backpack design

Local adapter (240V)

Removable cooler carrier

Contoured ice pack

4 - 5 oz breastmilk bottles, lids & travel cap

2 - 24 mm PersonalFit™ breastshields

2 valves

4 membranes

Breastfeeding Information Guide

Instructions

Throwing in Brand NEW and USED pair of 27mm PersonalFit™ breastshields in original packaging worth S$31.50 for FREE

PM for more details

Eviangal,

I am sorry but could you please remove my name from the Origins Jamu Massage?

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

morning!!

another busy day...

am experiencing "waking up in middle of night, and hard to fall back sleep" symptoms for the past one week...

any mommies encountering such too?

Morning mummies

duchess, Me Me! I keep waking at 3am and then fall asleep finally at 5am... very irritating insomnia.

Miffytan: Dont worry about it. Will inform Origins Jamu. Anyway, any unpaid orders by end Nov will be void.

We have also reach 12 pax.. So doesnt affect anyone at all.

mami B: rather disruptive as I feel so sleep deficient during work... ...

did you place pillows around ur back and belly to ease the uneasiness?

duchess, i only use one pillow to around my belly... sigh..wish these two months quickly pass by.

Any of you mummies suffering from hair loss??? I really lost alot of hair and the dividing line on my scalp has travelled half way down my head in a zig zag pattern ;( I am so distressed...

i checked internet and so many articles talk about post partum after delivery hairloss... the few that talk about hairloss during pregnancy say its unusual.....sigh..

i suspect is the progestrone shots and tablets i have been given... but no choice i have to take those as i have high risk of miscarrying... now my hair is gone. wonder if it will reverse after birth... =( so upset

mamiB: dont be upset lor..

maybe can cut your hair shorter or in a different style to cover

I'm sure it will reverse after u deliver baby

mamiB - Dont worry, am sure it will grow back after delivery. now, it's on temporary. I heard that at 4th month post delivery, hair will drop alot too.. so we got to wait for 6mths after i believe..

@moomoo73 - my bb is 700g at my 24 weeks scan... seems like most of the babies here are smaller.. is mine big??

mamib...maybe cut short ur hair? sometimes too heavy will drop one... dun be upset ya....after birth everything be back to normal!

mamib dun b sad, all mummies are wei da. I encounter bad hair loss after 1 yr delivery. then I went to do herbal treatment and my hair did grow back, when that before I was preg again ">

So there is alway remedies :> so for now, just concentrate to b a happy preggy and later a mother. cheers

dduchess, I do encounter problem sleeping too. Sometime is bcos my bb is too active in the early morning and stop after 1/2hrs stretching.. Its very tiring, I must say.

lets see if able to hit the MOQ...if not I will order myself by end of this week

Asibune Tummy Binder for After birth ($20.50 inclusive of Normal Postage if we hit 12 Pcs, add $2.25 for Reg mail)

1) Choc

2) Choc

3) Joodz

4) idaarshad

5) Preciousbabi ?

So far i find that this type of binder is good for those who are not going for massage as it will bind ur tummy tighter and that time within 1-2 weeks i see a diff lor...

so this round will surely get it again

http://asibune.com/asibune-products/asibune-tummy-binder

pootz - maybe i couldnt eat much during my 1st trim and that's why my baby gal is slightly smaller.

choc - one question on the binder. If we do c-sect, can still use the binder?

Sigh mummies... I have short hair already. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Just praying that it's temporary n will grow back. Now my hair at the back sticks out like a cock tail coz so many strands dropped off already.

So miserable and now my upstairs neighbour just started his renovations?!??!? Argh!!!!!

i went to robinson over the wkn and bought the 4 nuk bottles n 4 sets of teats, tollyjoy 10 pks, 4 boxes of pigeon liners, 2 boxes of pigeon washing powder etc. got 20% discount. thou we missed the taka addn 10% for dbs card member.

Im July 2010 mommy.

I have 2 boxes of brand new unopened Pigeon breast pad for sale due to overstock.

36 pcs - $8

72 pcs - $13

Pls kindly pm me if keen.

Self collect at Bukit Panjang, Bukit Batok, Bukit Gombak, Clementi, Buona Vista, or CCk

Hi Vivian,

Bfree is nice bottle as both my babies didn't get any colic at all (they only start to use bottle after 3 months)

try to get wide neck as it is much more convenient and less messyy

Yah duchess , I escape to my mil house haha... Slept like a baby from 2-4pm in peace!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] think I may have to come here everyday to escape the renovations.

Thanks God their renovation ends 15 Jan. That's when I am planning on getting my csec done!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

FYI

The Annual Twins Plus Garage Sale is back this Saturday!

When and where:

13th NOVEMBER 2010 (Saturday) from 10am-4pm at Horsecity, 100 Turf Club Rd, off Dunearn Rd.

Note: Event will open to public exactly at 10 am.

Great Deals for pregnant mums, babies and children up to 6 years old. The following pre-loved items are being sold: Children Shoes, Hats, Clothes, Toys, Outdoor Play Toys, Bathing and Swimming Outfits and Equipment, Bikes and Trikes, Strollers, Baby Bedding, Nursing Equipment, Maternity Wear, Slings, Carriers, Baby Clothing, Baby Toys, Car Seats, Books, CDs and DVDs, Bouncers, Exersaucers and Winter Clothing.

How to get there?

By Car:

Using PIE: Exit Eng Neo Ave.

Park your car directly at Horsecity or a little further away at Turf City.

By Bus:

Using Dunearn Rd: 66, 67, 74, 151, 154, 157, 170, 174, 852: Alight at Bus Stop opp Sixth Ave Ctr and take short walk up to Horsecity via Turf Club Rd.

Using Bukit Timah Rd: 66, 67, 74, 151, 154, 157, 170, 174, 563, 852: Alight at Bus Stop at Sixth Ave Ctr and cross Bukit Timah Rd and Dunearn Rd. Take short walk up to Horsecity via Turf Club Rd.

Back