(2011/01) Jan 2011

Poor mummy.. Did the pd give infant paracetamol after the jab? Baby may develop fever after jab which can be cured by giving panadol drops for infants.. My pd prescribed it for my boy after his 6 in 1.. As for the rashes, just keep an eye on it first.. If it gets worst, go back to pd.. If not just leave it bah..

Mine had hers 3 weeks back... had low grade fever at 37.1`- 37.3 so i gave one dose of paracetamol syrup and she was ok ....so if there is fever just give the paracetamol...

Charleen, mine went for the 6 in 1 and was also cranky after that! She didnt just cry, she also didnt poo for one day after that. Her sleeping cycle also went haywire, woke up at 4.30am on second day, and 5.30am on third day. She normally wakes up at 7 plus. Temp was slightly higher than usual, around 37.3 but we didnt give her the med coz only need to give when reach 38.

Anyway, she's ok after that [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] back to normal by the fourth day!

Mummies, it's been a cold night tonight. I let my bb sleep in yaolan, but am constantly worrying whether she's feeling cold, cuz even I was feeling cold with even a blanket on. But I dun wanna disturb her by bringing her out of the yaolan, but then am worried she'll accidentally get suffocated if I put a blanket over her and she kicks it onto her face. Any mummies have any experience keeping their bb warm in yaolan? Swaddling her is a little difficult now as I already put her in without swaddling, yet dun wish to disturb her by pulling her out then swaddle. She will confirm wake up.

yotsuba, maybe you can just chuck the blanket to her side tight so that she will feel warm? or you dont on fan just open the window to let the air flow morning breeze is cooling so dont need any fan. =)

mummies, my gal ytd keep crying for almost 1hour. dont know is it we went out too late and she start crying during the journey when we are heading home. that time was ard 9plus going 10pm. then reach home i thot she is not full so i breastfeed her but she drank half way she cry even louder. then i realise her nose was block and cant breath and drink at the same time. i tried using the suck suck things to suck but there is nth cause her nose is block with water and not mucus leh. any solution how to solve it if we encounter this again? she cry until she got no voice like anytime her voice will change to those rough sound.. see liao so heartaching! =(

mummies, does your medela freestyle motor give out loud sound when we are pumping? is it normal or it should be silent? mine is quite loud be it i put on the desk, my leg or on the bed the sound is still loud and clear!

mummies who put babies in yaolan, i want to try but try 2-3 times baby keep crying...but put no bed she like sleep few minutes onli..sometimes put down wake up..

how do u put yr baby to yaolan..did they resist at first?

Xiaopang,

Ya in the end I turn off fan and closed window. But your chucking blanket method sounds feasible, mabe will try it when it's cold again. Thanks for the advice!

As for blocked nose, maybe u can try letting baby sneeze to clear the blockage? Like us, babies sneeze when they look at bright light, so maybe u can briefly let your bb look at bright light for few secs till she sneeze n see if it'll clear naturally?

As for pump, mine is medela pisa, so not sure abt freestyle.

Amazing miracle,

My mil taught me that when bb is active or fretful, best is dun put her in yet. Put her in yaolan when she is drowsy, or when she's calm n quiet. Then after u put her inside, start shaking the yaolan, but dun let her see you or anybody. Just hide behind the yaolan and continue shaking. This worked for my gal, hope it can work for your bb.

Mommies,

sometimes after burping, my baby regurgitates a bif of half-digested milk? It looks something like curd with a bit of mucus like tranparent gluey liquid. Anyone experienced this before? Any idea whether the transparent mucus like liquid is indeed mucus or is it something else?

Amazing miracle

read about this on a book on when to put the baby down to sleep. it's call limp-limb test.

when u take the hand and attempt to drop it look at the baby's reaction:

asleep: hand will "free-fall". => can put in yaolan/on bed.

still awake: hand will retract when u pick up his/her hand. => can't put down yet.

CLtine

mine regurgitate a bit also after burping. no sure what it is but i suspect it's the FM clumps that din dissolve properly along some milk that din go down.

CLtine,

mine does that too. i think it is half digested milk and the transparent liquid is just stomach fluid. dun think it's anything to be concerned abt unless bb is vomiting a large vol.

Yostuba, i put blanket as a base inside the yaolan n bb sleep on it...it does make it warm..then i will cover blanket at bb's legs..then i cover the yaolan with 纱布( to prevent mosquitoes at the same time keep inside warmer)...

Amazing miracle, ya i put bb down only when he is drownsy..if not ne also refused to stay inside.

CLtine, my bb also will vomit what u described, i thot the trasparent liquid is his saliva or phlegm?

Grumpus, Chabby and Puix2

Thanks for your replies. I hope it is not mucus or phlegm else it will mean that my baby has a lot of that inside him! My mom gets very happy to see him regurgitate those stuff as she feels that his phlegm is all coming out but I think it is more of stomach acid or something as what Grumpus says.

mummies,

my gal keep crying these 2 night. and is out of sudden de. this time she cry got tears and nose will block. at first i thot she is hungry to i let her latch on.. but after a few minutes she start crying and until very cham those kind. and we just change the pampers for her also. dont know what really happen. help!!!

Hi,

Has anyone used both the Medela PISA and Freestyle before? Which is better? And can the breastshields used for the PISA be used for the Freestyle as well? This is becos my PISA seems a bit cranky so may hv to invest in a new pump, was wondering which one to get. Also wonder if it is worth sending my current pump for servicing instead but as I dun hv a backup pump also dunno how.... sigh....

sputnik

my freedtyle dead, using PISA which borrow from fren now. I prefer freestyle, pisa suction is too strong n i dun enjoy pumping at all. Pisa's ac adapter is sooo heavy, tat equal to freestyle motor weight. Last time i can pump n take care of khloe at the same time cos it work like a mobil, now i gotto place khloe near me b4 i start pumping n if i accidently press on the tube, milk will then pump into the tube..i miss my freestyle so much now.wan to buy a second hand one but i act too slow, sold to other mummy already...sad

Xiaopang : when ur girl cried is her eyes closed or open...

This happens to my girl for the first time i tot she is uncomfortable....but her cry is like those really beri cham and in pain .. then i read abt it ... acyually she is awoken by nightmares... they will cry and cry till they open their eyes then ok liao .. hahaha is urs like that? What I did was just hold her close to me and carry her and tell her mummy or daddy is here .....see who carry lah

Mitch,

My gal not cry wake up de.. is out of sudden de.. like last night i bath her and when i was wearing her cloths for her she start crying for nth le. she cry with eyes close and got tears and face super red lor. see liao so heartaching.. haha.. i also do what you did.. but no use leh.. lol..

Sputnik,

i also still prefer freestyle compare to others pump. tho i never use pisa before but freestyle is still the better choice. tho i am still using 1 pump at a time. but i also still prefer freestyle. i tried using avent manual pump is so tedious and painful when we press too fast and got to stop. invest in freestyle la. is easy to use and light. just that the motor sound irritates me especially midnight, somemore my gal is light sleeper. sigh!!

Lily, yours also like that ar? is it normal ar? lol.. day time is quite loud liao dont say midnight.. zzz...

sputnik,

i Use my freestyle since dec 24 lor..less than 3 months...so sad..just suddently cannot on...

Mitch,

i also like you..when my baby shock from sleep, i will quickly hug her and say mummy is here, let her hear our voice..she will be ok..but will after that give the ke lian face like kena bullied..so poor thing and cute..haha

XiaoPang - dunno leh, i was reading some reviews online, seems like the suction for the PISA is better than the freestyle and many hospitals also recommend the PISA over the freestyle. I very used to the PISA already. Think I will try and service my PISA and hope it solves the problem then no need to spend $$ on a new pump since i close shop liao. U pump in your bedroom where yr gal is sleeping? I pump in another room in front of the PC so can surf the net while pumping....

Sputnik,

icic.. i never use PISA before so i cant give you any advise hehe.. see can repair anot la.. if can then no need waste money.

Yea i pump inside the same room as my gal is sleeping. cause she is sleeping with us in the same room. hehe.. thats why each time i pump i so scare i will wake her up then i got to stop and attend to her liao. =(

Mummies, my breast block again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] this time round i press very hard still no use...i dontbwan to take antibiotics anymore...4th time now...help!!!!

For 6-in-1 vaccine, was told by doc that the injected area might swell but it's normal as will subside soon.

Different baby reacts differently to the jab effect. My boy didn't have fever and he cried only twice: when the needle poked into his thigh and when I removed the plaster, his way of saying *ouch*

In another 3 weeks' time, my boy will be going for his next jab. Pray that he will not have fever as well after that...

CLtine, think it's stomach acid plus some saliva with the milk curd, it's normal as what grumpus mentioned unless recurring/large volume vomiting.

My boy sometimes regurgitate only 1-2 hours after his feed, probably due to indigestion.

i relise some of you are going for the 6-in-1 vaccine already. I bring my baby to polyclinic and the appt is given when he is 3months. Is this the same for mommies that have brought their baby already

ouix, partial block or whole breast block?

mine was partial block cos I did not get a chance to pump while out. So i pump a little more regularly to get the milk out. When you pump and massage, try and massage in a push direction towards the nipple. I usually do that and after sometime, i can see milk flowing out and I know it is clearing.

hmm.. can i know why is all going for the 6 in 1 jab but not the 5 in 1 or take 1 by 1? the price also got difference? can any mummies explain to me which 1 is better? thks..

Ivftwins, half of the breast block....i push towards nipple liao...but just dint flow out...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] painful...when i squeeze really hard, saw 1or 2 holes of the nipple at the blocked side the milk is a bit brownish or yellowish color...not pure white like the rest of the holes...dont know y....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

puix: the holes of the nipple brown not milk brown right? am not quite sure why but with constant massage n pump, did it get better the last round? i usually need 2-3 pumps before it get totally cleared.

The milk brown...after 3 pumps still the same...sigh..dont know y...wait morning i going to book appt with lactation consultant...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Xiaopang

yes loud too..duno notmal or nt lay?

Hi Ivftwins,

My 6in1 also 3mthd and my also polyclinic [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

5in1 or 6in 1 i think is the same the nurse told the only diff is one visit less as they combine one of the jab [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xiao pang

5 in 1 din include hep B. but i suspect the price not much difference. many mummies took 6 in 1 so early becuz there's 1 hep B dose that has to be taken after baby is 1 month old. since need to jab, just jab together lo.

puix.

oh no. we understand ur agony. mine took 3-4 days then clear.

try taking hot shower or put hot towel on breast before pump. Tien share w me a method of soaking nipple in warm water w salt.

Kimmy: yeah sometimes they just need the security

Pui : Last weekend I had block ducts too ... after massage it like what u says got the dark yellowish fluid instead of the usual white. I called my LC immediately thinking is infection.. but she told me no need to worry and continue BF as these yellowish stuff are those milk plug that causes the block duct and let the bb suck or massage will clear eventually. So i did what she says and I cleared it within a day....and all went back to normal

Can I check which is the best way to defrost stored breast milk? How long befor ethe next feed should it be tAken out to put at rm temp? If there are still some frosted milk, can I warm to dissolve it and make it ready for feed?

Puix2 I also kena e 3rd time... Actually eat antibiotic better faster recover... Cos if u drag and it have pus inside even more difficult to treat... Jiayou ok! My gynae told me I kena mastitis cos my immunity v weak..

So u mus take good care of ur body... Rest well avoid crowded places and eat vitamins okok? We jiayou!

Hi all mummies!

I have new black colour Baby Bjorn Synergy (Baby carrier) to let go at just $220...

Mothercare/Kiddy Palace is selling $299.

Pls PM me if interested! Thanks!

Yup just like what Chabby mentioned 6-in1 inclusive of the Hep B 2nd dose which is given at 1 month old. The next jab will be 3 months old.

The hospital or PD should have already provided you such info before your baby turned 1 month old. I didn't go back to the PD cos charges expensive even if I take up package not

ala carte, instead I'm going to healthway medical. Quite a few

vaccines like MMR are optional. But since paying using CDA, I will give my boy some optional jabs for better protection.

Hi Mummies,

I'm from May 2011 mum, would like to check whether any mummy deliver in Rafles Hospital? anyone can share the total cost of delivery? and what are the things that we need to bring to hospital?

thank u... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

blocked ducts:

I had mastitis with my first child. It was so painful had to go to breast surgeon at KK 3 times to extract greenish thick pus and blood. Possible causes, not cleaning my breast after latching on, baby's saliva has bacteria which cause infection. Also I delayed pumping. This time around I pump regularly so I don't get engorged which can result in blocked ducts. I also pump myself completely dry each time so my body keeps up the milk prodcution.

Drooping diapers:

Anyone experience diapers that keep falling and exposing baby's buttocks? Never had this problem with my elder boy. My 10 week old boy is about 6kgs, maybe he has big hips, I try drypers, Pet Pet and Huggies but all same problem. He is already wearing M size, same size as my 19mth old boy. Was wondering if there is a diaper which has a good cutting for fatter babies? Anyone share my plight? His poo leaks out from the back when the diaper droops.

Less poop:

Baby was pooing 5 x a day on full BM until last few days he only poo once a day ley. He drinks BM exclusively.

Hi ladies,

A while ago, I think I recall there was a discussion on feeding thawed frozen breastmilk to baby and baby refuse?

I tried feeding baby with frozen bm from early Feb and she cried and refused after about 30ml!

Was recalling someone saying to mix the frozen milk with freshly/recently pumped milk... that works?

please help!

Back