(2011/01) Jan 2011

cookiefleur - i will mix the defrosted frozen BM with chilled BM from the fridge, my gal is ok with it. Don't give the defrosted one by itself. Usually i mix abt half or less using the defrosted one.

yizhen,

i delivered at raffles. mine was considered emergency c-section cos i tried natural and ended up c-section. total bill was abt $5k+ before medisave deductions.

everything for yr stay is provided for, gowns, toiletries, bedroom slippers etc. unless u want to use yr own toiletries.

i essentially packed extra sanitary pads, breast pads and going home clothes for myself and bb.

gingersnap,

Taken from http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/milkstorage.html

To thaw milk

•Thaw slowly in the refrigerator (this takes about 12 hours – try putting it in the fridge the night before you need it). Avoid letting milk sit out at room temperature to thaw.

•For quicker thawing, hold container under running water - start cool and gradually increase temperature.

Previously frozen milk may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours after it has finished thawing. Do not refreeze.

Ivftwins, chabby, mitch, nimkulut,

Thx for the concerns. As i cant clear the blocks myself, so just went to kk to let the lac consultant clear it. Painful but thanks god, most of the blocks was cleared. But i got to take antibiotics again! Hope i can manage well next time n say gd bye to mastitis....

Thanks grumpus!

Does any of your bb cry very badly when they want to sleep? No matter how you carry her or pat her buttocks, she will still cry n cry n cry until she gets tired. Sometimes she will s team at the top of her voice. It doesn't happen everyday, and its usually she wanting to sleep..

Grumpus,

thanks for your info, may i know u took single bed or double bed? so i don need to bring any night gown for my stay right? as most of my friend warded in diff hospital told me that i neeed to bring nightgown for the stay in hospital...

Yizhen,

I took single bed. Hospital gown will be provided for yr use. Fresh ones given everyday. U can choose to bring and wear yr own nightgown but I suggest using the ones provided by the hospital so u dun hv to wash if get stained or wat.

Hi mummies,

I have 95 pcs of mamy poko diapers to let go. Small size, 3-8kg. 72 pcs are in a package and the remaining 23 pcs are part of a opened pack. letting go at $20.00 for 95 pcs. can arrange for pick up. 90685338.

Grumpus,

i'm thinking that way too since they provide might as well ur thiers. btw do you do any post natal massage? if yes u done by who got good result? can share? how much u pay for it? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yizhen

i've 1 horror story which my fren share w me. she said one of her GF had postnatal massage done. they wanted to have baby #2 but it just didn't happen. so she went to the gynae for a check. to her horror, she can't conceived again as the massage lady push the uterus out of place/too high up.

be sure to get reliable and trained massage lady.

i didn't do any post natal massage but managed to slim down pretty much to my pre-pregnancy size by the end of confinement. so dun worry too much about post delivery weight lost ok? the key focus is to get as much help w taking care of you and the baby after you deliver.

gingersnap

mine cry like that occasionally. so when he starts to fuss for no apparent reason (not feed/diaper/temperature), we figure out that he wants to sleep. He likes to be left alone on the bed and dun want us to touch him. @_@ The more we carry him, the longer he crys.

kimmy

CSP jab is on 14 April. am worried about the jab cuz was told that fever is common and some babies will start to loss weight after the 5in1 jab.

EL Chan,

My bb at 10wks also weigh abt 6kg. So far I tried Huggies, Pampers, Drypers. Pampers is high-waisted so won't expose buttocks so easily. The other two are abit low-waisted hence poo may leak from d back. But Pampers are expensive lor... sigh.

Chelleybaby,

I am also thinking of re-applying after june but haven't fully decided yet. R u couple-coded?

El chan.. So far pampers ok.. Doesnt droop as compared to drypers.. When I use drypers n my boy poops, shit flies everywhere.. Lol.. But since at home most of the time, I ok with using drypers and just change clothes if dirty.. But if go out I use pampers.. My boy 10 weeks at 7 kg plus.. Keke..

Cheddar.. Check out newspapers especially straits times on thurs to sat for offers of diapers by different supermarket.. Recently giant had v good discount on pampers so I bought medium and large size.. Heh.. I use sparingly to cut costs..

yeah i agree with u chabby ... me too no massage as i have no time for it ... but i lost all my preggy wt and now still losing ... just bf and care of bb can help in losing wt ... oh i eat as per normal no dieting too ...

Chabby & Mitch,

thank you for the sharing... hope i can lose weight as u guys too... hehehe.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

chercat, pinky,

which Pampers model u use?

Guess we have bigger babies.

i find huggies dry waist band too thin dun quite wrap around snugly. how many times r ur babies pooping now? after 32hrs my baby finally pooped so much it looked like watery kaya it almost overflowed his diaper and he was wearing huggies dry.

I also still have about 7 - 8 kg to go. Gain too much during pregancy. Any mummies start exercising like running or so?

Do share what exercise are good.

Mummies,

my son keeps biting his mittens and licking my clothes even after a feed. I try to latch him bk on or give him bottle but he doesn't seem interested and even cries, very mang zhang. Suddenly he is sleeping more in the day too. Are all these sudden change of patterns normal?

ladies me too i have shed almost 10kg after birth thrugh massage but still another 3kg to lose.Although now is only 8 weeks after birth for me but still want to lose off these flabby and stubborn fats haiz, been jogging twice a week and cut down on my carbo intake still no use haiz although can wear back all my mice dresses but the kilo does not seem to go down so stressed pls help!!!

Chelleybaby,

My girl is doing tat too, sucking her hands, our clothes etc. She does it even when she's contentedly sitting by herself. So I hv concluded tat it's cos she's just discovered she's got hands n a mouth n is just exploring. Now is the time where they start touching, feeling n grabbing things. In the next few mths everything she grabs will go into her mouth.

As for sleeping habits, my girl literally changes from wk to wk. One wk she's sleeping a lot n the next she's cat napping all day. I think it's normal cos every wk different developments r going on which could affect their eating n sleeping patterns.

Btw, I just posted out yr handle today. Do look out for it!

U all so lucky.. I still got another 8kg or so to pre pregnancy weight.. Another 10kg to my ideal weight.. Sighhhh.. I see my stretch marks on my thighs and hips I super sian alr.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

EL chan.. I using pampers active baby.. Recently also have another range called pampers cruisers which is even more ex than pampers active baby.. I like it a lot more than huggies and definitely drypers.. Heh.. My boy will poop big time twice a day.. At other times it's usually those poop that comes out when he farts.. Hurhur.

pinky,dun worry u will gradually lose weight de just the matter of time[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]me din gain alot of weight during pregnancy time tats y lose quite a nos after birth is just that those flabby arm and thigh so fan haiz

Breastfeeding will definitely help lose weight. For my number 1, i lost so much weight that i became so thin and could wear clothes that i hv not worn for quite long, even tho i was eating mountains of rice but still lost weight. This time round seem harder to lose weight.

I find that after i gave birth, my legs seem weaker, especially at the knee joint area. If i squat down, it is quite hard to get up. Any of you also hv this problem?

Sigh envy those that cN wear back dresses and all me super stressed!! 1.5 mths left I still flabby tummy and weight still ard [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Pinky,

Thanks for the tip on the diaper discounts!

ELChan,

I am using Pampers NewBorn S (3-8kg). My bb poops about 1-2 times a day. Recently I realised the poo damn stinko... So unlike the early days. But the color n consistency still the same as last time. My bb on full FM since birth. Dunno what has changed inside her tummy & digestive system. Any mummies experienced this?

Sputnik,

Yeah yeah me too. I have this knee joint problem. I must squat down sloooowly n must support myself when I wanna stand up. It is definitely due to pregnancy & the aftermath of delivery cos I have never experienced this b4 & I am not a runner so it is not an exercise-induced problem. I have tried rubbing Tiger Balm, joint cream etc on my knees, but nothing seems to work. How come suddenly like that?!?!

Chelleybaby,

I hope to lose another 4kg. Been cutting down on carb intake & still wearing my binder faithfully everyday even till now. Tummy is flatter but still feels like tofu, eeks!

sputnik and chercat, i also have the same problem.. weak knees.. juz now when i squat, i hardly got the strength to get up again.. =( the other day while climbing the steps with my boy in my carrier.. i tripped on the steps and can hardly balance myself.. lucky i held on to the railings on the side for support.. else i cnnt imagine what will happen to my boy..

i'm thinking of taking gluocosamine to strengthen the cartilage at the joint area.. anyone knows if it helps?

lily

i can fit into my bottoms and dresses la. but still flabby at waist and look horrible in my tops. end up having to steal hub's tee to wear these days.

i still have 3kg to loss. all at waistline. sigh.. no time for Marie France...

weak knees

have the same problem also. keep feeling discomfort in my knees esp when i sit cross leg to pump or feed the baby. shld go back to my calcium supplement faithfully.

I fully agree with chabby n Mitch [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

currently back to my pre-pregnant weight n in fact, by the 3rd wk of confinement, I'm back to normal [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

urut may not suit everyone too. Heard many horror stories too.

If u wanna do urut, best is gp for those recommended by others. Also, i heard tat, if too painful, tell the person. Cos may have side effects.

thanks to all mummies for the input...

btw mummies when doing confinement do u bath n shampoo hair? how often ? anything to take note during confinement? hehe... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies

I no longer latch my bb and hence do not need my Breastfeeding pillow anymore. It is still very new. I still have the original packaging. Pls email me at [email protected] if you are keen. Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I have been taking calcium supplements every day since more than 10 years ago, and now drink anmum lacta everyday also, but knees still weak. Guess just have to give it time to recover...

yizhen, my CL only allowed me to wash my hair twice a week, shampoo and rinse with herbal water. You will need to wash your hair first, dry it thoroughly using hair dryer, then go and bathe.

CL told me not to blow fan, she said air-con ok. But air-con makes my skin and throat dry, so I still on the fan but not blowing directly at me.

puix2, rotavirus, hep A, chicken pox and influenza vaccinations are optional.

I will ask doc for more details when my boy goes for his next jab in april.

puix - my gal has gone for the 6 in 1, gg to do the rota one as well, but the doc said better not to do together as higher chance of fever. So probably gg to do it in a few weeks time.

Sigh all the mummies seems to have lose all there preggy weight i feel so stress..1.5 more months how to go back to work?? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] sob sob..

Still hav to wear my maternity clothes? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]... i dont want.......

Just came across this link from The Asian Parent, for those who went for c-section can post questions to Dr. Beh

http://sg.******************/articles/ask-the-expert-about-giving-extra-protection-to-your-baby

elekos - my gal has only done her 1st 6-in-1, did it when she was 2 mths old. Not sure what the rota one is called, only know that it is the vaccination for rotavirus :)

Thanks chabby! Ya I realize sometimes putting her on the bed is better.. Anyway we brot her for her 6 in 1 jab 1st dose today and told doctor abt her condition. Found rumbling sounds in her tummy n deduce she has slight colic. Doctor gave her probiotics supplement hopefully she will get better in a weeks time.

Diapers

I am using pampers active baby so far so gd.. Been sticking with pamPers cos it's thinner and absorbent not too warm for the bb

Post pregnancy

I also manage to regain to my pre preg weight abt 2 mths after birth. But still hv flabby tummy Loh.. Did post natal massage and felt more toned. I haven heard of any stories abt massage but what some of u wrote sounds scary. Lucky mine is recommended de. My gynae recommend pilates to firm up e tummy might try gg after starting work.

Sputnik, ya was wondering if 1st dose of 6-in-1n rota should be given at the same time or split. Thx for ur info....

Hi mummies,

my gal got heat rash. and is on her neck where the part she usually covered by her when she is sleeping or we are carrying her. and now her skin is reddish and abit raw. her face also got yi li yi li due to hot weather. any mummies apply anything or do anything to reduce the heat rash. my friend told me go medical hall and get a chinese herb for them to bath to reduce their heat rash. anyone heard of it before? what is it call?

i also back to my original shape but same got flabby tummy. dont know how to get rid of it too. anyone heard of lumimi bodysuit? maybe you all can try that. it will works but got to wear for quite sometimes before you can see result =)

Back