(2011/01) Jan 2011

kimmy,

if u worry abt bb rejecting yr breast, get someone else to bottle feed, dun do it yrself. so bb won't get confused mummy = breast

Hi Kimmy, can I check wat's the cut-off time for discharge? Cos my gynae said tat I only need to stay in hospital for 2 nites like my last time, so I dun want to pay for extra nite. Can I check also if u choose how many bedded and did u get the room u wanted?

Btw, I just bought the red dates and dried longan. Am I suppose to keep in the fridge or can leave it in the cardboard? Cos the last time I dun buy so early. This time round since I got no help in my confinement, hubby decides to buy earlier....

For those who had popped, pls give me more details so tat I can update the table for more reference...... Cel, will update for u tmrw cos today not working and the file is in my office's computer...

misty,

in labour le?? hope everything is ok.

Kimmy,

can keep the nite pads for future periods. dun worry, won't expire de. that means your gynae did a good job in clearing the lochia. =)

try applying nipple cream on the cracked nipple? heard that it helps. but "pei fu" that u managed to latch on for week le. it's not easy to latch on directly.

Miaiko

i read a book on breastfeeding. the writer suggest putting the baby on the chest at the start and end of each feed so that it'll send signal to your body to produce milk. see if this helps?

daphne

if the seller stores in fridge when u bot it, it'll be good to store in fridge. if seller didn't, just keep in a cool/dry place.

hi mummies,

i have 3 packets of mamy poko (small size, 72 pieces, unopen) to sell off at $20 each..

i was too kiasu and bought too many packets and now my bb ger outgrow it....

interested, pls PM me...self collect at Yishun

Can I chk with those who have stayed in TMC before, for 1-bedder, do they have a extra bed for hubby?

What does the additional charge of $70 per day cover? The bed and meals? or only meals?

still undecided if i shud ask hubby to stay over with me.

Hi misty,

how are you doing? have u delivered?

Will pray and wish u the best...

Update us when u r ready and have rested...

lalitha>> misty has delivered and is now resting.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] she updated in the fb group alr..

congrat misty...

TMC charges

my admission is in the noon at 12pm, they straight away say cesaerean need to stay 3nites, so i just follow and make payment. End up my gynae ask if i wan to discharge earlier BUT she say cannot go home b4 12, can only discharge in evening, hospital will charge n no refund. Nurse was telling me say if go home in the noon, they will only refund 50 % which i also dunno why. Since i cant go home early so i din ask much too..

Aa for the companion charge, just tell them din stay, but u can stay. No bed for hubby but a long sofa. The 75 is to pay for the meal and stay. So long as u say companion stay, they will charge. They ask me everyday..end up my hubby go n tell them say stay cos he tot already included in the package.

Yes, i opt for 1 beded room and i manage to get this, but when i admission, they put me to 2 beded room cos they r cleaning the room. Quite full house tho....

My MIL keep the red date in the fridge...

Jiayou all mumies...

Just finished BF..hope she can sleep for 4 hours...nitez...

hi kimmyksc,

congrats!! u popped at the 37 wk? y they suggested c-sect? can u also share on yr total bills at tmc too?

I admitted for 2 nights at tmc cos of bleeding and suspected amniotic discharge, total bill b4 medisave costs $2200! Now very worried abt the actual delivery charges.

Misty congrats! Share your birth story soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] have a speedy recovery !

Good luck to all moms who r waiting, time will fly and soon you will hold little babies in ur arms ! I just love my baby touch n smell [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

good afternoon ladies,

pinky> thanks for the news.

Misty> congrats on the new arrival. do update ur birth story.

waiting to POP MUMS> how's everybody doing?

I am at week35 and 3days. having alot of pain at the pelvic bone area/vagina area. Difficult to raise legs to wear panties/pants. Even after sitting down for a while and standing up to walk is an issue. Climbing stairs is another headache.

When do they do the VE (Vaginal Examination) to check for dilation/effacement? Anyone gone for ur week 36 check up?

Morning ladies!

Hi Chabby and Nimkulut, how are you gals feeling? Popping soon?

Seems like so much talk about BF... absolutely no clue about tat as a first time mummy... sigh...

Hi Littlepig, wow... that's a lot for hospital bill... are you feeling any better? I had a small episode on Sunday and checked myself into Parkway East for a CTC. Bill came up to less than 60 dollars for the scan... Don't wanna think about the actual bill now...

Kimmy, guess when I go n do the admission, I would tell them I only stay for 2 nites. Will check with them about the discharge time.

Already transfer all the red dates & dried longan into the fridge... Thanks for all the reply.

Sherill, can I check wat's the height of yr baby? Just for reference if it's comfortable with u .... So envy tat u can hold yr baby, I really cannot wait...

it seems quite quiet over the few days..... everyone is having a good holiday break, lunch break, ML break...

Yup, guess it's the holiday season so it's a little quiet here.

Going for my 38week check up later, but have yet to do any VE, guess it depends on the gynae's usual practice.

Congrats to those who has popped! 2 nights ago I was experiencing severe cramps in the tummy and back, I swear I really thought I was surely gg into labour that night, but I still managed to fall asleep and when I woke up the next morning, the pain was gone... hmm false alarm.. haha.. but I can't wait to be a mummy!!!

hiya...feeling tired... how i wish i can go on ML...

busy packing up for move by mid jan.. hope i dun pop early... couldnt imagine the time needed to do unpacking and cleaning to be before giving birth...

little pigpig

my placenta is low so i can only c-secy. My bill is abt 5.8-6k in total...stay 3 nites in singale bedroom.

Mummies who can and willing to pay, single bedroom is so much better and comfortable, more privacy and quite. But if natural, stay only 1 nite, then no point lar..

Hi mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] am busy packing up ang gettin ready for my little gal that is arriving this sat hence seldom come in trying to catch up my sleep too since I am on ML [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Kimmy so yr total bill is with doc fees and all and before the govt claims rite ?

Hi mummies,

I have a brand new Mums in Mind baby sling in original packaging to let go @$28. It's beige colour and sateen material. (Pls refer to the link below for a picture.) Reason for selling it is that I just got another sling as a gift during baby shower.

Pls PM me if you are interested. Self collection at Commonwealth/ Tiong Bahru/ Harbourfront/ Toa Payoh MRT station. Alternatively, mailing by normal postage can be arranged.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/momsinmind/142736569/in/set-1812818/lightbox/

Hi Sherill, thanks for the info. Will update in the table. I'm ok. Went for my check-up last week at 35 wks and baby is 2.4kg. Smaller compared to my #1 who weighs 3kg at 36 weeks. Trying to let my baby gain more weight cos my hubby prefer baby to be over 3kg when born. So, everynite, he's making the anmum milk for me to drink cos I'm too lazy to make. Hee....

Kimmy, I dun mind 2 bedded cos my gynae already told me tat I need to stay 2 nites only like for my #1. And this time round, my hubby not staying overnite with me and he would need to leave around 8pm cos need to look after my #1. So, I rather stay in 2 bedded although I know there might not be as much privacy.

Hi mummies, how r u all doing?

I've been down with flu since last thu, and was so drowsy and sleepy that I've been sleeping, eating, sleeping, party, sleeping... And a week ago I was still praising myself for not falling ill throughout this whole pregnancy. Tsk... All thanks to hb who passed it to me.

First time mummies gg for normal delivery at KKH, just something tt I heard fr my sil... If u encounter contractions at night n u know it's a sign for delivery, must try to bear with the pain until 12am, cuz that's when kkh counts that as a new day. If u check in at say 11pm, and when the clock strikes 12am, they'll count it as 1 day passed n will charge u for that day as well.

I also checked with admissions, and they also said that the day u check in will be the day they'll start calculating your ward charges. So even if you're in labour and in the labour ward waiting to deliver your baby, they'll still take that u hv already 'occupied' the ward bed, since they claim that they will be leaving it empty for u already while u deliver. Wah lau...

Lalitha, I'll be gg for my VE next week on my 37th week. Now bracing myself for the pain when my gynae pokes me there....

But actually, unlike what many mummies r experiencing, I don't feel any backaches or pain in my pelvic or v area. Not sure whether if this means bb is still not very down yet and won't come out so soon.

Am feeling tired and extremely clumsy, heavy. Looking forward to Friday where my term comes to an end. But start of new phase dealing with motherhood. Dunno if I should order sacred tea yet. Went to ask chinese herbal shops and no one say or heard if fenugreek. In fact there is a shop said fenugreek is for bu shen. Nothing to do with bm production.

What u mommies think?

ivftwins,

fenugreek is not a common tcm herb. indians take fenugreek fresh, u can even find fresh fenugreek at mustafa and gnc makes fenugreek capsules so i think it should be ok to take. whether it really boosts bm production i guess is trial and error. some ppl say fenugreek works for them others say other things work for them

Hi Yostuba,

Thanks for your admission reminder [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Don't worry about the VE check. It's just a bit of uncomfort, not that painful. I have the same gynae as you.

hi yotsuba,

tks. Do let us know how's ur progress.

I am not sure if my gynae will do a VE.

Becoz she was on vacation during my last

visit. The gynae on relief didn't anything

about VE for the next visit. But I am

thinking of asking her to check as I am

feeling alot of pressure and pain at the

bottom. By next week, I will be 36++ weeks

and am worried that I might pop early for

this 2nd pregnancy as I did for my 1st in 37+weeks.

In my 1st pregnancy, I was effaced 100% and dilated 1-2 cm at week 36++ and within 4-5 days,

my waterbag burst naturally and I went into labour. I have not even packed my stuffs yet. I was stressed up.

So this time, I want to be more prepared. I dun want to be at work and end up in labour. I also want to pack and rest at home early. Stress-free.

Misty

congratulations on your sweet bundle of joy. =) have a good rest.

mummies who are popping on 1st Jan, (esp Lily)

today one colleague told me that it is possible to enroll your child to join the 2011 batch for P1 but you have to write in to MOE to request for it. not sure how true is this. but you may wan to call MOE to verify about this.

akaysha

feel like a walkin time bomb. am just waiting for the signs of labour to kick in. went to sch for meetin today and everyone was shocked to see me..keep asking if i'm ok and so on. when i say "see you tomorrow." they were like.."aiyoh.. tmr u still coming ah??" very funny.

Lalitha

dun worry. i understand how you feel. i got that as early as the end of 2nd trimester. jus do things slowly and try not to open legs too wide.

breast massage

was told by colleagues to massage the breasts and remove any clog nipples to help BM production. dun wait till you pop. my breasts seem to be swelling on-off and can be sore.. kinda concern.

Chabby,

massage yr breasts now?! but we're always told not to do that until u pop cos it could bring on early labour leh!!

unless u want to pop already lah...

grumpus

i'm already 38week+ and baby is more than 3.3kg. dun mind popping soon. but breasts are kinda sore on certain times and i'm leaking colostrum quite some time back. the sore and swollen breast are my concern. i do notice my body temp recently is higher also.

am tempted to call breastfeeding mum support grp for advice. any experienced mums can advice me on this?

Chabby,

anyway ur gynae says u'll be induced by 3rd right? Maybe just don't overdo the breast stimulation. Dun wanna get sore nipples so soon.

Yeah was gonna ask abt dried buildup of colostrum on the nipple. Always tempted to remove it, but it keeps reappearing.

Baby weight,

seems like the actual weight of babies born so far are quite low, below 3kg....today at my 37 wk checkup baby is already estimated 3.3! And she's not engaged yet so still have some time to go. Dr says dun worry abt size cos I'm not small either, but still. Induction may be on the cards for me. How badly does induction hurt?

Diarhoea,

was someone saying that this is sometimes a sign of labour? I suddenly had a few episodes today n got rather nervous.

Daphne, thank you for updating the table.

I went to c gynae in the afternoon and decided to go for induce labor if there is no natural symptoms before I go to hospital on fri nite as I wld like to go for natural birth and do not want to wait beyond due date as bb will grow bigger and will make natural birth difficult. Now my bb's wt is ard 3.5kg.

Thinking of induce labor will be very painful n involves many risks really worries me.

Anyone had induced labor before? Can share ur experience? I read up from the internet that the midwife will insert a pill into vagina for cervix to dilate and contractions will kick in if not, a drip will be put on for contractions.

luckymummy

was told by colleagues that have to remove it. after shower, use a cotton pad to clean off. this will prevent blocked BM when baby latch on.

ya. my sis says she had diarrhea. cuz it's nature's way to clear the bowels and maximize space for baby's birth. but for her, the pain does not go away.. it came along w contraction.

so if the pain does not go away, it may be it.

cel,

i read the same thing as you. cuz the drugs will cuz more stronger and therefore more painful contraction. do consider epidural if need so. but i didn't chance upon much risks la. dun worry abt it. will be closely monitored.

hi mummies,

sorry to disturb. i'm from the december 2010 thread and have got 2 bottles of warming shampoo from Little Dreamers to let go at 15% off the retail price.

An excerpt from their website:

Warming Shampoo for Confinement

This warming shampoo was created for mothers who wished to wash their hair during the confinement month. Made with pure essential oils of Lemongrass, Ginger and White Camphor commonly used in Chinese Medicine tradition to warm the body, this wash will limit the exposure of 'wind'. Lemongrass, Ginger and Camphor are known for their relaxing & warming properties. This shampoo also contains pure Canadian Honey, Calendula Flowers and Shea Butter to further moisturize and soothe your hair. Enjoy! Note: To be used only after delivery and not during pregnancy.

4 oz / bottle

Retailing @ S$20.90

Selling @ S$17.70

Pls pm me if interested. Thanks.

Chabby,

my colleague also said she had stomach flu like cramps together with her contractions. Aiyoh after today's experience I can't imagine having contractions, together with diarrhoea. How to make it to hospital without any "accident"? Can I start camping at TMC??!

Did a VE at my 38weeks check up today. Cervix still closed but gynae says she can feel baby's head already cuz it's very low. And the best part is she'll be away from 30th to 10th!! I'm due on the 12th so she gave me the option to induce either today or tomorrow.

Was really debating if I shd induce, so tempted, seems like I'm been pregnant for soooo long and I can't wait to hold my baby. In the end I decided not to, let baby decide when he wants to come out. So my next check up is in 2 weeks time, provided i don't pop before that...

Just some info on induction procedure according to my gynae:

You'll be hooked up to the CTG machine and gynae will insert a pill to soften the cervix once in the day and come back again for another in the evening. By midnight, there should be mild contractions. Check into the hospital and gynae will burst water bag. Baby will be out by breakfast time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

grumpus: thanks!

originsjamumassage sells sacred tea. Dunno if there is any other spree going on for fenugrek tea or sacred tea.

Back