(2011/01) Jan 2011

Hey mummies,

im from dec 2010 thread.

im consolidating orders for raspberry leaves tea which aids in a smooth delivery and breastfeeding, also helps in digestion and water retention. esp good for pregnant women with big swollen feet. i drink it continuously for 5 days and my swollen feet really went down alot! its recommended that we take 2-3 cups each day. these raspberry leaves tea are organic and are selling at $9.50 outside. i can get it at $8.00 (60g) which can make bout 30 cups... if ure interested pls email me at [email protected]

thx!

Maumau,

If you are worried abt leaving maid alone with bb, you can install CCTV for your house. Just installed mine for 1k+ for 4 locations in the house. It's both live and also can replay recording and has infra red function.

Morning Mummies, TGIF!!!

have been getting really tired every morning when I wake up to go to work cause of the interrupted sleep at night. But i guess it is also training for us when baby comes along.

Bravado Bra - I received mine on Wed but no one was home so got hubby to collect the parcel. Am wearing the original nursing bra, it is really quite comfortable. The non-wired maternity bras I was wearing are starting to get a bit too small so I was really happy to start wearing the Bravado ones.

MauMau- A friend recommended this maid agency call Unviersal at Far East but think there is a shortage of maid these days be it indon or fili ones. Cause I have not rec'd any biodata from them yet. I managed to get one through contacts from my SIL and the maid can come on board once she clears her entrance exam. Thanks goodness! My friend started looking for a maid almost 3 months ago and she is still maid-less today! BTW, for mummies who are looking to hire maids, remember to request for them to take the Hep B test cause it is not one of the mandatory test and i think it is important if they are helping us with young children. The test is just an additional $15.

Back from gynae appointment..

Jass,

That injection is called *Dexamethasone Sodium*, it helps to boost baby's lung when baby is born next week. So painful....Tonite gotto jap one more time..nightmare!!!

Did the CTG to check my contraction level today, doctor say can tell that I have it on and off, but she din prescribe any medicine to control it but she say call her if have anything over the weekend!!! Sounds scary...The moment I reached home, I bring all my hospital bag out and going to sterilize my breast pump later just in case..

RE: medela breast pump

Doctor say many mommies commented that medela freestyle isn't tat efficient :-(..My doctor even ask me to invest another one - avent single pump. Haiz..

Hi Mag,

thanks for your suggestion, may have to do that if there's no adults around when maid is alone with my kids, after i start work in May/June nx year.

Kikapo, thanks for the maid agent recommendation, i'll call them asap![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just wanna check with u all, when i went for checkup 2 weeks ago, was 32 weeks then, baby was still in breech position. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] anyone of u have experienced the same thing? Dr said bb still has a month's time to turn, if he doesnt turn in wk 36, then have two option :1. C-section or 2. stroke and turn the bb from outside.:S Sounds scary!

Mau

http://fluffyheartz.blogspot.com

hey kimmy>

how come need to bosst the lungs? thought you will be full term??

sterlizing>

i have a question about this... so after we take it out from the sterlizer, does it mean that its not sterile anymore? but need to wait for the water to evaporate right??? so how? evaporate in the open already still consider sterile?

bravado bra>

i haven't received mine too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Maumau, for my #1, my baby already turn at wk32. But at my wk36 check-up, the baby turns back to breech position. My gynae tried to turn the baby frm outside but my baby turns back again. When I reach wk 39, my baby's still breech so I went ahead with the C-sec.

Dun worry about this. No matter wat, yr gynae would recommend the best choice for you.

Cookie,

Dunno leh...guess is an additional bah since mine is a scheduled c-sec...ya...baby full term when I deliver her next Tuesday...

RE: sterilized

Actually i have no idea about this too.a mummy from this thread said she sterilized and keep in zip lock bag, so I'm gonna do the same...otherwise..how?

hi mummies

how's everyone?

Went for my gynea visit on wednesday n I've gained 2kg in 2.5wks! omg!! Think i've bn eating too much. Been feeling hungry recently leh. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

35.5wks.. bb weighs ard 2.3kg. Small hor?

miaiko,

My baby also small...but is just estimated only..dun worry too much...

I left 4 days to gain my baby's weight...I just eat any food that is not over unhealthy now...hopefully baby can reach 2.7kg when she is born...

Sterilized bottles & pumps > My SIL says that after sterilising, to store in a tupperware that has been washed clean. If we want to be safe & consistent, then wash with anti-bacterial soap bah. She says it is the same when we start bottle feeding. Sterilise then store in clean tupperware for use...Maybe other experience mummies can share about what they do?

re: sterilizing>

oohhh... ok, but i'm still a bit blur... so the water droplets to wipe away or to let it evaporate? or no need and just store away in ziplock bag/tupperware?? sorry if my questions sound silly, just very confused about this whole thing... :p

After sterilizing just fling off whatever excess water u can, assemble the bottles with the cap on and the bottles are good for 24hrs.

If u dun use within 24hrs then should sterilize again.

If u want to be extra careful, store the assembled bottles in an airtight container or ziplock.

Hi Mummies to be,

Organic Red Raspberry leaf, also known to herbalist as Hindberry, wild red raspberry, reapberry is often taken as a warm tea beverage. It is one of the more commonly used natural food for pregnant ladies to prepare their bodies in their very late stage of pregnancy to prepare for childbirth as it tones the uterine muscle preparing it for the intense contraction during childbirth.

Baby Dust Shop is strictly selling loose pack from Starwest Botanical Organic Red Raspberry Leaf that is grown in Croatia and is repacked in foodgrade sealed bags.

It is strictly advisable to check with your doctor before any consumption during pregnancy.

PRICES:

100 grams pack: SGD$6.00 (inclusive of normal mail postage within Singapore)

454 grams pack: SGD$27.00 (inclusive of normal mail postage within Singapore)

Pre-Order may be required depending on availability of stock.

Contact us at [email protected] for any queries or orders.

Visit http://babydustshop.blogspot.com

Sterilized bottles as mentioned by grumpus.. only 1 additional step to take is that if there is small amt of water in bottle when you wanna use, just flick away the water inside will do..

Kimmy>> www.taimaobi.com

Julia,

Thks for recommending the TCM hall. But which place is it to near in Chinatown, any obvious landmark near it?

Chabby,

Activated my PM already. Do you think you can send me again??

I just tried the avent pump the suction seems quite weak to me leh, dunoe if its becos my boobs are too small ;(

My cup size didnt increase at all, dunoe if it means I will have no milk later. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

sterilizing>

thanks thanks for all the advise babes! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kimmy>

you also intending to use taimaobi? me and hubby fill in the form already... they also have online form if you/hubby have no time to run over to their shop.

full month caterer>

me also trying to find! heehee!

maumau,

here are what i read in pregnancy books about possible ways to get baby to turn head down. (sorry, remember 2 only)

1. get on all fours like animal as much as possible. use knees n hands to support n let tummy dangle. this provide the max possible space for baby to turn as tummy hangs down.

2. Chinese acupuncture process call moxibustion. the success rate of this is as high as 80% as written in the book (US author)

i dun have lobang for chinese acupuncturist but u may wan to try chung hwa medical institution. they dun charge very high n is run by experience chinese physicians.

http://www.singaporetcm.com/websites/ecln/schedule.html

hope it helps and increase ur chance of natural delivery. =)

littlepigpig,

send u your PM le.

Kimmy

Jia you. dun look when they jab you. turn your attention to something else may make you feel better.

any ladies here experiencing bad rash? recently i have bad rash on my stomach and all the way to my lower back and backside. Its itchy and its torturing me, i tried to apply oil and sometimes talcom powder but it only relieve the itch for a while.

Is it common?

babykoh>

i have eczema condition even before pregnancy, so on and off i have rash which is very itchy. currently i have it on my lower back... next time you see your gynae, you can ask her/him if can apply cream... i'm using a safe for pregnancy steroid cream...

heard that some people do develop eczema during pregnancy and that it will go away after giving birth.

oh, dun use super hot water to bathe... it might relieve the itch for a while, but after the shower will be super itchy...

babykoh,

you should probably check with your doctor on what he/she can prescribe you. Doesn't sound like ordinary cream will work and you may need something stronger but safe to use during pregnancy.

yah

i am seeing my gynae tomorrow and see wat he says. i am afraid is its something i ate or my clothes not sunned properly

pinky,

thanks for the link

littlepigpig,

i also tried mine n feel tat the suckion level may not suit me but i din try for long..my boobs also din grow much and still small..play by the ears ba...must relax when breastfeed..

Chabby,

thinking to engage them to count the chinese name cos it's near TMC..i called them, they say can go down after baby born also, so will get my hubby to do the job lor. I wrote all informations on a pc of paper already, just need to fill in baby born timing.

Re:v pain

just now walk to kopitiam...i cant walk more than 10 steps...so scared....my fren told me this is the sign...i told hubby, he say dun scare him cos tml is his super busy day...

babykoh,

My tummy also feels quite itchy but I realised that it is most itchy at night, maybe its the idle mind taht is causing it. Cause when I am at work then I don't feel the itch as much. But at home, I will just apply this cream call Physiogel by my company, it is recommended by dermatologist, fragrance free..it works quite well. I also try to wear my looser tees so it my skin can breathe.

Sterlising > Since we have to sterilise again if it is more than 24 hours, then there is no point sterilising the bottles and pumps now? Unless it is just to be familiar with how to operate the steriliser?

BTW, hubby & I went for pregnancy photography yesterday..it was quite fun and nice cause the studio was organsing a X'mas theme walk-in photo shoot...so for 15 mins, they charge $50 and you get 2 soft copies of the photo and the same photo in 5R prints. Additional photos are at $10 each. Am quite happy I went for it to capture the final moments of the pregnancy. And they helped hubby & I to pose such that my stretch marks are not obvious. And cause the photographer is a lady, we feel really comfortable with her [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]Highly recommended.

Btl sterilisation..

When my #1 was little, after I washed n sterilised the milk btls, I left them inside the steriliser without opening. When I want to use, then I open and take out 1 to use. To me, I think it's stays more sterile this way. But once you open the steriliser, hv to use all the btls inside within 24hrs, else need to wash and sterilise again.

Im using Pigeon steam steriliser. So after each time i use the steriliser, I make sure to pour away the balance of the water inside the steriliser and put fresh water for next round of sterilisation. I also do a weekly cleaning on the inside of the steriliser for maintenance.

Now that #1 is older (going 2yrs old), I take out all the bottles, shake dry the water droplets, and leave it standing to air dry on the rack, before I keep them away in a box.

For Breastpump sterilisation,

eh.. I've been doing a bit of research lately and reading up abit. Best to wash, sterilise and dry the parts as much as possible before you assemble them together and use. Else you will hv mold issues (eek!)

Using anti-bacteria soap to wash btls n breast pump?? I read it's not advisable. Not necessary also.

Kikapo,

I also use Physiogel for my eczematic skin. Find it good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Which studio did u go for the shoot? can share?

Me also hv bn hving V pain. right down there, front to back. I was panting while taking a very s-l-o-w stroll last night. haiyo.

Mag:

Can pm me the contacts for CCTV? my cousin looking for one. Thanks.

re: Sterilizer:

Read on my Avent steamer that it can keep bots sterilized up to 6 hrs is you don't open it. Used to just keep the sterilized bots & pump and all in a lock and lock container.

Hi Kikapo,

I have been considering to shoot pregnancy photo. Can PM me the contact? Do we need to bring our own clothes? Don't really have nice nice maternity wear ler...

Jus went to my gynae... Cos bb was moving so much so fast... N caused me so much pain... I was literally bowing over in pain while waiting for mrt.. Face turned white n feets turn cold...

Dr says bb engaged, 2.5kg and ripe for this world Le... So anytime she wish to come out also okay... -_- 36w0d today...

Then I was strapped to e bb heartbeat n contraction monitor... (it's really assuring to hear e constant whoosh whoosh whoosh)... Before bb decide to attack e bb heartbeat monitor with her Kung fu...

Dr kenneth says no wonder I feel so much pain la.. Bb moving so much.. Then doc reassure me again that I m not dilating yet so can go hm to rest.. Mc till mon...

Also told me that contraction pain starts from top of tummy.. So if I have any random pain points from e bottom of my tummy... It's probably doing of my bb..

Hb v happy that doc says bb ripe already..

-_- doc

Harlow mummies,

Just came back from a farewell dinner and took some time to shop for X'mas pressie for bb's father [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] It is so crowded!

Pregger photos> I went to this studio call The Studio Loft at pagoda street. Check out their website here: http://www.thestudioloft.com.sg/

They have the X'mas walk-in for 4 days this week and I was the last customer on their 4th day. I just brought along a bandeau and wore it with a pregger jeans for my photos.

Don't think they have anymore of such walk-in photo shoots for this year but they do 1-hour photo shoots for pregger photos.

Nimkulut: Wah. So fast baby engaged liao... Also went for gynae appt today.. Me 35wks6days.. But no sign of baby engaged.. Think he feels like staying in awhile longer..

Just want to check if any of your gynaes say to expand the cervix to help labour?

Yay! Rec'ed my bravado bras liao.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Chabby,

Thanks for the tips on how to get my bb to turn!:p

thanks all for the sterilizing tips as all...

would like to ask if anyone has second hand freezer for breast milk storage? is it really necessary?

I think u mummies are very helpful![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks for sharing!!!

Mau

http://fluffyheartz.blogspot.com

Maumau

you are welcome.

it's not necessary. only buy a new freezer when u have surplus BM and need additional fridge space to store. jus wait and see bah.

Nimkulut

looks like you may pop ahead of me. i'm almost 37 but baby only almost engaged. can feel it quite low le. reaching the finishing line soon. tahan!! jia you!!

i do have pain from top of the tummy once in a while. couldn't figure out if i need to do big biz or what was that all about (BH??). hmmm guess i'll jus have to monitor this.

Maumau:

Like what Chabby shared, you need not get a freezer yet. If you have excess, can freeze in your normal freezer. If you are one of those with lots of BM, you may wish to invest in a separate one at a later date.

Bravado bra:

Got mine last night. The cups are too big for me. Sigh... hope boobs will cheng zhang when I'm producing milk after delivery.

Luckymum:

Opps... I didn't rem that they are the sports bra kind. Better dun stretch first ba.... see what is the boobs size when your milk production starts. If now cannot fit well, the fit could be worse off later on. Might as well sell away as BN than to wear an ill-fitting one.

Miaiko:

Haha I stopped sterilising when #1 is about 1. lazy ya... plus they are taking solids. Using our normal utensils too. So didn't bother liao.

Nimkulut:

Congrats.. hahah looks like you are ready to pop liao. Good good... you might be earlier then Kimmy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] So take things slow and easy ok. Hey... when you preggie shoots are out, do share ya. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Went to for dental appt last night. Dentist commented that my baby is very active coz she can saw my bump moved the whole time. Complained to her about my last super long delivery for #1. Haha she laughed and told me not to dilly dally this time round... said she heard many people delivered at home or in car. *Scary* Shared that if suay suay that happens, hubby must rem to hold the placenta in a position higher than the baby while waiting for help so that the blood will con't to flow to baby. LOL... the way she describe it really make me want to rush to hospital at the 1st sign of pain. But... i guess, its good 1st aid (erm.. kind of) knowledge to share ba. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning ladies,

Went for Gynae check up n my bb is my 36 weeks n weigh 2.7kg. I have also put On around 2kg since the last checkup 2 weeks ago. Gynae ask me to slow down my weigh gain. Bb also engaged Some time back.

Yesterday nite was terrible cannot sleep n feel constant contraction throughout the nite dun know y. Any ladies out there Face the same thing? Dun know whether is it due to our co Xmas party yesterday nite? This is the first time Tat I m experiencing so much contraction throughout the nite.

I have diarrhea a few times yesterday, could tis be pre labour? My bb wan to b out b4 Xmas?

jass

wah.. wake up so early today?

smurf

maybe it's fatigue/tired due to company party.

False labor has the following traits:

o Irregular

o Decreases with walking

o May ease with change of position

o No increase in frequency or intensity

o Discomfort located in abdomen only

but ur increase contraction n diarrhea may suggest that your d-day not far le.

Morning mummies,

How are u guys feeling today?

I feel really tired and can barely last minutes on my feet...

BTW, wanted to ask if everyone has bought their bottle/food warmers? Is it useful/necessary? A friend told me she found it to be too slow for her hungry baby so all she did was boil some water and place the bottle in the hot water to heat it up...

How do experience mummies heat up their expressed breast milk?

kikapo,

i heated up ebm in the pigeon warmer. heating up in hot water speeds up the heating time but also kills the nutrients in the process. i only use hot water if i'm out.

the difficult part is only in the first month or so when they wake up screaming for milk. after awhile they hv more or less fixed timings and u can tell when they're going to wake up soon then u can start warming the milk.

Thanks, Grumpus [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

It would be such a waste to kill the nutrients on the ebm! Think I had better get a bottle warmer then...

hello mummies...

Not enuf sleep last nite..woke up at 4am and only sleep back around 6plus...belly itchy...

miaiko,

same here lor, v pain till can't walk. got one auntie saw me walk and stop, then she also *monitor* me from far..

nimkulut,

your hubby is more excited than you..haha..36 weeks equal 9 months..dun worry..I also dun dare to move lots, just stay at home and rest just in case..

kikapo,

i told my hubby that his xmas present for this year is a lil tigress...hahah

RE: Food warmer,

I bought one pigeon food warmer. my fren did say when baby is hungry, they dun wait, they just cry...their suggestion is latching is faster..milk direct from breast is warm??

Jass,

im counting down to 3 days..I kept on telling baby not to scare mummy..i wan to walk in to hospital not rush to hospital...hahha

smurf,

me ..me...I dunno how exactly contraction should feel like, but I can feel the uncomfortably (I assumed it's contraction) more now..yesterday quite worse even in the nite till I cant sleep. Agree with chabby, tiredness can cause more...

chabby,

diarrhae also a sign? I had once this morning..

re: C-SEC,

Heard that we can't walk for the first day.how do we settle if wan to pee? they insert a tube?

kimmy,

if bb can latch of cos latching is better.

milk direct from breast is warm, body temp lor.

re: c-sect

u can't get off the bed for the first day. there'll be a catheter inserted after the epi/GA is administered.

Back