(2011/01) Jan 2011

About TMC's doctor's talk..

eh.. I attended halfway 2yrs back .. and left.. coz find it boring and alot of technical (doctor's)jargons. A few doctors come together to talk and may have over-laps.

I find Mrs Wong's class is much more interesting and informative.

Hi Miaiko,

Yeah, that's what my friend does as well, she orders from Nepia direct and they do free delivery to her door. And the delivery is like next working day right?

I think that is quite a good service as sometimes hubby can be quite blur and buy wrong things when send him to supermarket with shopping list. Heehee..

Great to hear that you also have good feedback about Nepia. Think I will most likely go for it.

cookiefleur,

Yup Nepia delivers fast and free! hehe.

Glad to share! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yotsuba,

I didn’t have a cot for my first because she sleeps on the mattress on the floor. I would love to put no. 2 on the mattress too but my no.1 who will be only 16mths old may not know how to show LOVE. She may jump onto no.2 etc. I need a cot to keep him out of reach from my girl, unless supervised. Both my hubby & myself love the mattress idea, especially at time when she was cranky. You just lay down next to her & pat her to sleep, unlike a cot you need to get up to pat the baby etc.

Kimmyksc

Thanks for the tips kimmy, I know nothing about cot. Hope to get one that I can reach out to the baby easily without having to bend over.

Pinky

You are not alone, I do feel tired too. Though theres 1001 things to do, but all I wanna do is lay down with my legs up.

Daphne,

I see, me being a stay home mummy there’s no way to run away from my daughter. She is like keeping an eye on me instead of me keeping an eye on her. Sooo sticky… Are you on Sept 2009 forum too ?

morning ladies,

went for gynae appt last fri...bb weighing 1.7kg @ 30 week...i was like what!!!! anyway its just an estimation ;p

Good morning all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shycloud:

I also went for check up over the weekend. Hahaha 1.5kg @ week 29+. Haha seems like our babies are gaining good weight and that means our weight gain is going to baby more than us. LOL... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jass,

i was hoping it be smaller so when deliver it be manageable...and im gaining 2kg every month!

and next appt shld be in 3 wks time

Darienna,

Thks for the payment reminder. Quite forgot about it.

ivftwins,

the talk at scgs is included as part of the series of classes. Can just attend if you are free I guess. I will check it out and if it's really boring then will leave like Miaiko did. haha

Miaiko,

thks for the impression brand panties recommendation. Been trying to find the guardian brand one but all are out of stock for the large sizes.

Pinky and Lina,

Yah, I have so many things left to clear out from my house to make way for baby....but just so lazy to do it. Especially now that lifting and packing is more strenuous on the back. I'm in desperate need of wardrobe space for baby stuff and have to throw out a lot of mine and husband's stuff.

Any mummies here taking antacids or something for heartburn and indigestion? Are they all safe to use?

Miakio: since there is only 2 carriers, there won;t be a discount for it right in this mass order?

Bb: weight. Just went to checkup last friday and bb is 1.3kg at abt 30 weeks and I have gained a total of 7.4kg. Nurse ask me to cut down carbo and sugar as I gain 2 kg within the last 3 weeks.

Luckymummy: I need to clear stuffs too and I am taking leave this week to do so otherwise its almost impossible to do so with my girl around on weekend.

Good morning mummies,

If you want to buy diapers from Jusco, you can actually buy more than 2 per person though if the sign is stated there. O actually managed to buy 8 packs cos I think the cashiers there actually can't be bothered abt it

luckymummy,

you can try sitting up or lie at a recline angle after food. it shld help relieve heartburn. doc advise to avoid eatin 2-3 hours before sleeping.

you may wan to get those plastic drawers or plastic boxes and store some if the stuff which u hardly use under the bed. haha..that's what i've been doing.. (winter clothes, hubby army stuff, wedding album, etc) All under the bed!

apple

you lucky girl! only gain a single digit so far!the norm is 2kg per mth in 3rd trimester. except for the last 4 weeks. dun worry la. i gain 10+ kg so far. got gynae appt later at 2.

i machiam add 3-4 kg per mth. ROAR!

Mummies who have ordered Bravado & Baby Ktan,

Please make payment to POSB Savings 109-69332-4 and email us your address to [email protected]

Pls do so by tomorrow latest. As Bebelounge will be placing order soon.

BebeLounge decides to let us go ahead with our orders even though we still lack of 4 orders for Bravado. But if anyone/any order backs out, then BP will be cancelled

Shycloud,

it will be at hall 4A from 20 to 23 nov, 10am to 10pm. Advertisement was on infant/ childcare, milk powder, diapers, stroller, maternity nursing wear, confinement services, massage and more. Free goodie bag as well

Haven't been to moms and tots fair before so wanted to ask whether anyone been to past fairs and worth going?

yutsoba,

wow you going to deliver at KKH, I am very tempted to go KKH too, after knowing my friend paid only $900 for c-sec staying in A ward with hubby stay over for 3 days. too bad no KKH for me.

same like most 2nd time mom here, I have not prepare anything yet, hope BB dont decide to come out in Dec.

Miaiko, me feeling unsure liao lei. The other spree organiser for the Bravado products will be 'pre-ordering" some of the items which are presently not in stock. which mean items should be new stock rite? the total price for my orders from both spree organiser difference by almost S$30 if with opt out the breast pad and get the $2 off. can't convince myself to pay for the diff lei.

Anyone got check with Bebelounge for the price diff before? do you think the price diff by too much? furthermore most of us are return customers lei

Ting,

Well, it's all up to all of you.

THe other BP dun carry Allure and a few styles. Which I notice some of us here ordered for.

If anyone of us backs out or reduce order, then our Bulk order will be cancelled as BebeLounge said they have MOQ to meet to placed order directly with manufacturer.

I did not question another BP how they get stocks etc. But usually if they dun need MOQ, means they may have gotten stocks from 3rd party instead of direct from manufacturer.

Some ppl don't mind nor care where the stocks are from lah. haha.

Comparing prices of Bravado selling at Mothers' work and Bebelounge, it's already cheaper.

In anyway, we need to confirm and make payments by tomorrow.

So what do you all think?

If one person backs out, All orders r no-go.

hi.. have been reading the post here for quite sometimes..

my edd is on 27 Jan 2011..

anyone exp this?

v area is very heavy n painful..

n the sng sng feeling at the v area is more n more often..

even if i stand up will have that feeling..

my breast got pain pain feeling already..

when i press on it the milk juice will come out..

so now i try not to touch it..

luckymummy,

I just called TMC parentcraft to check about this. She say morning will have LC go down to our room to check on our breast. Every day will have bath talk, breast talk, parent can go down and listen and it's FOC. If we have latching problem, can go down to parentcraft and seek for consultant, it's chargable. Dunno if this will be a group or personal session. Now sounds like no more breastfeeding session, but I will still ask the nurse after I deliver, see what is their advise and we pay so much compare to government hospital.

Hopefully,

$900 for c-sec is really cheap compare to TMC. sob

Today more moody, dunno why..so sian to work nowaday..

Fiona,

not really leh, i only feel v more swollen than pre-pregnant, dun feel the heavy feeling. wat is sng?

My ex-colleague milk juice also come out b4 she deliver baby, like tat confirm will have enuf breastmilk to feed your baby. me dun have, and no pain...dunno is gd or bad

fiona,

sounds good.. think ur bm starts coming in already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

any mummies got heartburn?

These few days keep having heartburn. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so uncomfy.

Dun even feel like having proper meals. juz small bites here n there

miaiko,

it helps by taking small frequent meals...me also not much appetite lately, eat abit but get hungry easily...

Miaiko: me having heartburn all the times..

always come when i am too full..

cannot eat well.. but always crave for this n that..

the first two tri i can eat well..

but now for the 3rd tri my appetite dun knoe run where liao..

Hi Miaiko,

If the BP is cancel, I suppose Bebelounge will refund us the payment we have made?

Cause I read on Bebelounge's thread that once payment is made, no cancellation can be made..so a little concerned since I have already made payment...

BTW, I wonder if other mummies have seen the BP for this portable diaper changing kit? It looks like a tissue box, but comes with a changing mat, and you can use it to hold your wet tissues and diapers...looks quite useful but hubby thinks it is very 'extra'...hahaha...costs abt $40, not cheap...

kikapo,

Yes.. for our thread, payments made will be refunded if we choose to drop our orders.

The portable diaper changing kit.. looks nice rite. But it's really a waste of money leh. Ur hb is rite that it's an extra lor.

mummies

Have u done up everything for the arrival of your little ones.

Hubby and I have finished fixing up the baby cot, fixed baby's cupboards, storing up baby's bathing and washing needs. Washed 0-3 mths baby's clothes. Bought all the necessities such as breast pump parts (got hand me down), pacifier, few sets of booties and mittens,baby wipes etc.

Going to pack hospital bag soon. My mother in law has been bugging me to pack early. Wonder if there is any other things i have yet to do.

I wonder where can i buy custom made mattress?

Hi Mummies

Sorry to interrupt. Had some item which i would like to let go below cost price as i have no use of it anymore. Pm me if interested thanks

Bn Lansinoh nipple Cream 2 OZ expiry 2012 - $12

Bn GNC Fenugreek 100 Capsules expiry 2014 - $16

1 brand new box of pigeon breast pad (36+6) & 30pcs of loose pad in box (total 72pcs) - $12

Self collect my place near kk hospital. E-mail me at [email protected]

wow pooh.. u really hardworking..

i haven't even buy a thing for my little one..

will only wash the clothes around Jan..

pooh,

u r very well prepared! i still haven bring down my steriliser, pump, and bb clothes yet! all stacked up/in cupboard ;p...play pen still in the storeroom

chabby,

I am already sitting up after every meal and make sure my head is quite propped up when I sleep at night. Short of sleeping in a recliner there's not much else I can do now.

heartburn sucks. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

kikapo,

I think I know which diaper changing station you mean. hehe. saw it too. It's such a frivolous buy but so pretty!

In the end I bought plainer 'basket weave' type holders from suzanne sorbelle. Does the same thing with compartments as well and you can choose those with covers, or no covers.

kimmy,

thks for the info on the lessons at TMC. Will go and check it out once I'm mobile after delivery.

Miaiko, well. of cos i care about the source and quality of the product i buy lor. i chked from the bravado website, i think the price quoted by the other spree organiser is posible for BP and there doesn't seem to have any MOQ to get from bravado direct lei.

anyway now the thing is not few $ diff but almost $30 diff mah. let me think think ba. seems like all the rest depending on my decision for their orders. m afraid high chance that i may want to disappoint u all.

Kikapo: I also think its quite useless esp if u have a diaper bag with compartments to putall the things neatly and within reach. This thing is added weight and bulk to the bag leh..........

Ting: Let us know then. Then I don't TT the $$ first.

wah pooh.. u very efficient.. my 2 cots are not up.. i still havent gotten a wardrobe for baby (still deciding between toyogo 5 tier drawers or ikea drawers).. i havent wash the clothes and etc etc.. and my edd is kind of the earliest.. >.< about another 6 to 7 more weeks to go for me.. and work wise i still got so many things to do.. sigh.. i hate deadlines..

ivftwins, ya its the talk tmr night at SCGS. Its considered 1 out of the 6 sessions u sign up in the pre-natal course. Mrs wong conducts the rest of the 5 sessions.

Miaiko, thanks for ur feedback on the TMC doc talk. Now i know i can skip it.

Wow Pooh is well prepared. When's ur edd?

I've juz started my 30th week n still got the cot mattress n daily necessities not purchased yet. Hoping to get good buys at the fairs this weekend n next weekend!

Hi Mummies..

I started doing up everything cos I hate to see boxes and bags and bags of baby stuff lying around the house. Buay tahan to see the untidyness.. haha. My edd is 29 Jan. Abit kaisu hor. I bought winnie the pooh wall decals. Going to stick them beside the cot soon.

Hi Pinky

I bought mine from Ikea. 1 3-chest drawers to store clothes and 1 cupboard from kids section to store those necessities such as diaper bags, milk bottles, breast pumps etc. etc. I think mine edd is the latest among all the mummies here. I am going to the fair too this weekend. Walk walk and see see what I have forgotten to get.

Hi Bethel

My edd is 29 Jan.

Hi mummies,

back from gyane and couple time w hubby. =)

Did a detailed growth scan. little tiger is now 2.1kg at 32 weeks. and i've added 11kg so far.

Gynae also mention my placenta is a little low.

Is this a cause of concern? hubby did a google and asked me to look out for bleeding and want me to rest more in bed.

gynae told me she's away near the x'mas period.. die.. pray hard everything will be fine..i was initially hoping to have a x'mas baby.. looks like i better tell little tiger to stay in till the full 40 weeks. hur hur..

Baby fair.

mummies who come back from the fair, pls kindly post a quick review if you can. dun wan to drive from ulu west to ulu east only to realize there's nothing much.

also, the parenthood fair in 22 is going to be a sheer madness as it coincide w SITEX.. bloody hell! it'll be damn crowded at expo.. sigh~may jus give it a miss for safety reason. will discuss w hubby about this.

preparing for tiger arrival

ok la.. i pass my mum to help me w the washing of the baby clothes, bought some diapers and some of the simple essential and pack my hospital bag. but shower stuff not ready, cot not ready and most importantly, the father and mother to be not ready.. hur hur hur...think the last item is the most crucial thing that is missing bah.

pooh, my edd is also 29 Jan.

where did u buy the wall decals from? Can they be removed and put up again?

ivftwins, they did not state the topics. so have to ask those who have attended before.

All i know is it is in a big auditorium, and everyone will just sit and listen. no hands on. Maybe miaiko can answer this qtn?

It starts at 7pm, timing is too early for me plus place also not convenient for me.

Hi, I've a Medela Symphony Manual Pump used only once. Am selling it as I do not have enough milk to express out to my bb born in Nov 2010. Interested pls PM me. Thanks.

bethel,

What question u wana ask about the Doc's talk?

Yes everyone juz sit in the big auditorium and listen lor. No hands on one.Just sit and listen. Doctor will ask if anyone has question, but hardly anyone will ask also. Hb and I find it boring and too technical, and repetitive. So we left during break. LOL

Back