(2011/01) Jan 2011

Ladies, think it's better that we also specify the bra style , color and size here. Or else please email to [email protected] on your order and specify you are from Jan'll thread.

I will also update BebeLounge on our collated list of orders.

Bravado

1) Kikapo - 4 Bras

2) Miaiko - 2 Bras, 2 tanks

3) darienna - 4 bras, 1 tank

4) Luckymummy - 3 bras (yet to order)

5) Poor Mummy - 2 bras, 1 tank

6) Nimkulut- 3 bras with FOC breast pads

Baby K'tan

1) Miaiko - Breeze,White size M

2)

Jan'11 thread Bulk Purchase Order

Discount given till 12 Nov.

A) BRAVADO Nursing Bras & Tanks

* FOC Normal Postage (i.e $1 per pc)

* Special offer: $1 off per bra/tank (not applicable for Boy shorts/Bikini, nor for Allure/Sublime combo}

* Your choice of either

i) FREE pair of Bravado Moisture-Wick Washable Breast Pads (worth S$7.50) that is free with purchase of each bra

OR

ii)Get $2 OFF per bra

* The above discounts are given to us when we can collate an order of 35 pcs.

B) Baby K'tan Baby Carrier

* $3 OFF per piece for 15 orders

* $7 OFF per piece for 20 orders or more

Here's the link:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4633865.html?1288314132

Bravado

1) Kikapo - 4 Bras

2) Miaiko - 2 Bras, 2 tanks

3) darienna - 4 bras, 1 tank

4) Luckymummy - 3 bras (yet to order)

5) Poor Mummy - 2 bras, 1 tank

6) Nimkulut- 3 bras with FOC breast pads

7) cookiefleur - 2 bras (w $2 off per bra offer)

Baby K'tan

2)

Hi Darienna, thanks for the chart!

Thanks Miaiko for organising.

Here's my order:

- Body Silk Seamless Bra, Ivory , Size:M, Qty:1, Breastpad.

Thanks!

BTW, anyone has tried the bras before?

Ting,

you've got mail. hope that is what you are looking for.

one more thing if you are traveling when pregnant.

some airlines do not allow pregnant ladies over 28 weeks to board the plane unless you have a letter from your gynae that states that you are unlikely to deliver prematurely or something.

i flew cathay pacific the last time. you may want to check w the airline you are flying on if they require any documentation before they allow you to board.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_SG/helpingyoutravel/pregnantwomen

Ting,

Previously i bought from AIG (now known as Chartis). Paid abit higher premium to cover pregnancy related medical issues.

It's better to get a letter from the dr certifying u fit to fly regardless of which airline u taking. cos sometimes the country u go to will also check before their customs let u in.

Hi Chabby , grumpus, thanx for your kind advices.

I have consulted my gynae regarding my tour arrangement n he said am fit to travel. He given me a travel letter and recommended to get travel insurance that cover medical expenses for pregnancy just in case...

I searched thru the website for some travel insurance plan but they didn't state clearly if they got cover pregnancy. Will go take a look at what chartis can offer. Thanks again.

Thanks alot Darienna for tabulating our orders!

Pls help include esthert's order above.

I will update mine when i've decided what colors I want hehe.

Visited my gynea this morning. So relieved that I only gained 1kg the past 1mth. *phew* And bb weighs about 1.2kg now.

Guess what? Im listening to Lush 99.5 now and bb is dancing inside non-stop to the club music! LOL. It's amazing!

Oops sorry missed out on esthert's order! Will help to key in tmw morning. Now on my iPhone a bit difficult to do table. Paiseh.

Miaiko, ur wt gain is very good! I hope I havent put on much wt in this mth too, will find out on tue. Ur baby loves clubbing music! So cute!!

Re: Bravado

Seems so tempting but the cheapest they have is $49 which is quite ex for me since i already purchased 4 nursing bras on the SMH BPs. Need to tighten my purse strings now that there's so much to spend on baby stuff. Anybody worn them before and feel that they are very worth it?

Re: weight gain

I haven't put on weight this month when i weighed myself at home. Got me abit worried. But my tummy is growing bigger, so i hope baby is growing well even though i did not put on weight.

Going for the GD test next sat, hope the results will be good!

RE:Confinement lady

Can I check, for those who have engaged CL before, is it ok to let CL sleep on mattress on the floor?

Cos i currenly dun hv an extra bed and to buy a bed just for her wud mean i hv to discard it after she leaves. My rooms are very small so i can't afford to hv the bed remain there.

So i tot of getting a sofa bed which folds out to be a mattress on the floor.

Is it ok to let CL sleep there?

Bethel,

3 yrs ago when i had my CL i told her before hand that i hv no extra room for her so she has to sleep on a tilam on the floor in the living room.

i guess as long as u inform them beforehand and they're agreeable shd be ok bah

Bethel,

Im planning to let my maid to sleep on the mattress on the floor, while the CL sleep on the maid's bed. Told my maid about it and she's ok. The CL is so much older than us and the maid, my maid so young, think my arrangement should be ok bah.

I juz called my CL to re-confirm my booking with her.. then she said her friend juz reminded her that 3 o4 4th Feb is CNY, so if my confinement coincide with CNY, her charge will increase by $700. Wow!

Thanks grumpus and Miaiko for your sharing.

I shall call my CL to inform her.

Increase by $700!! So how much will that come up to?

When i called mine, i already told her i will coincide with CNY and she is charging me $2500.

I hope she doesn't increase any further.

Bethel,

Mine charging $2700 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

If no coincide, $2000.

For MTB who wan to cut cost on CL, you may wan to consider letting your CL go back for 2-3 days during the CNY period. With CNY holidays, there shld be extra hands to help you out at home. Negotiate with the CL if this can help to offset the increment?

Bethel,

you can get foldable travel mattress from seahorse at around $50. it doesn't take up much space when you have no need for it. comes in a bag for you to store also.

Hi mummies, been sometime since my last update. Just went for my monthly check up last saturday. BB is growing well and is currently at 1.4kg, i am about 29+ weeks now. Overall, i have gained abt 9kg, hopefully will be able to maintain it btw 12-15kg. Baby's head is still on top, thus i felt movements more on my lower abdonminal area, like swimming kinda movement.

Ting, it will take sometime for your #1 to adapt to school, try to talk to her more about school, seeing frens, teachers, learning etc. I tink you are also putting her to full time, so kinda difficult for her to adapt. Need to talk to her to tell her happy parts about school. It's just a phase, should wean off in another 1-1.5 mths which by the time, you will be preparing for the arrival of #2. Stay positive ya.

About CL, I think its market rate, they will charge more, i am paying 2700 too. but no choice le, i prefer to have a CL cos she can cook, look after baby and do simple chores.

re CL: wow think so far I'm paying the most... $3200! but comes highly recommended from my aunt and my mom say just book. $3.2k is CNY rate, and my mom dun allow me to do less than 28 days.

I also wondering if CL can just sleep on mattress on floor, but like Miaiko, my hubby also say cos she much older than us, so better to get her a proper bed wor. So i'm thinking of getting the cheapest bed from ikea, around $80 i think? but still need to get mattress for the bed frame. What do you all think? Is that ok?

yah better to get confinement lady and pray that she's good and responsible. Don't end up like me during my 1st confinement.. I din engage any CL and was totally on my own from Day 1. Super exhausting. We need to rest to recover mummies. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hihi,

thanks cookiefleur n miaiko for remembering my order :p

as for CL, sigh, this time, am betting on my mil to do confinement...since she complained so much abt the 1st confinement lady and insisted that she do it this time round..but then i'm worried abt having her to help out...u know, its hard to tell your mil on your expectations etc. Keeping fingers crossed this time...

i totally agreed with Miaiko that we need to rest well after delivery, so that we don't "suffer" any postnatal negative effects on ourselves.

hi all,

This is my second pregnancy. My first is already six yrs old and now I have to start all over again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I am also delivering in Jan 2011, and it's going to be c-section on 10 Jan.

Hi all mummies to b..

I'm from aug 2010 mtb. I've gt a almost brand néw Combi Miracle turn dx 450 (purple) for sale. Bot at $629.. Used less than 5 times cos baby prefer carried . This is the one with the bigger wheels n baby can face front n back

Letting go at $550(neg). Condition 9.5/10

Interested pls contact me at 96999290 for viewing

details as follows

http://www.youngparents.com.sg/miracleturn/product

Hello Mummies,

I'm a mummy to be from the Nov/Dec 2010 thread.

Just wondering if you've all got your sterliser already?

Received a Philips Avent Electric Sterliser today as a gift but the thing is I've already purchased mine a few weeks ago.

Retail Price: $149.00

Willing to let go at $135.00

Do PM me if you are interested in getting it. Thanks.

Pictures attached are taken from the internet. Rest assured that the box has never been opened.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4679845.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4679846.jpg]

Hi mummies, good morning. Its a good Monday morning, hope all the blues are chased away. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cookiefleur:

Can help me update my order of ALLURE UNDERWIRE NURSING BRA X 1 (36 B/C) Breastpad - Ivory

Morning mummies.

the hyperactive tiger make me loss my sleep last nite. wonder what's w it. kick and move pretty much non-stop.. sigh~

going for my gynae appt later in the afternoon. make me wonder how heavy he is since my tummy is so big.

Morning mummies, went to try the bravado bras at tanglin mall FYI only tanglin mall has bravado not great world city as I went to both [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. The orignal bra bare in mind there is no hook behind fits like a sport bra [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I personaly prefer the seamless and the bliss but am actually getting all three [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and I also bought 2 bras there separately sigh $$$ gone lol

Went for check up on sat and guess wat put on 3 kg jus in a month arghhhhh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] and my gynae again nvr tell me the weight "sob sob" and I can only see the weeks growth only sigh.....

Confinement lady my rate was 2.8k if i am using her svc over the cny but in the end I told her that she can go back for cny so as to save cost as it's jus a few daz

Mattress/bed for CL how ah I dun hav enough space to set up a bed at all my maid also sleepin on the floor so I think I better inform her then...

Hi mummies, so sorri i post this here. I have this tupperware bottle bag that come with 2 new empty tupperware bottles.

i cant seem to post in the " want to sell section" so i post here and if any one want to buy or can teach me how to post please do so they everytime say i nt registered. duno y

i have :

-tupperware bottle bag with 2 tupperware bottles (NEW) $40

-1 brand bherub breast pump (1 pump only, electrical) NEW $90

so sorry!!

Hi all,

For yr info, the motherhood fair will be on 26 to 28 Nov at Singapore Expo Hall 4A.

Been to one around May this year. Think the fair organised by motherhood is always better. More varieties.

Lily, the original bra hor, got any padding at all? or rather, any of the bras got padding? I saw a nursing bra at mothercare over the weekend,wah, $70 leh!!!!

Mummies, what are your take on cots or playpens? For my #1, I had a very nice cot! But because I was bf-ing her, it became so tiring to take her out of the cot, wait for her to finish, then put her in again, then I just let her co-sleep with me! In the end, the cot was not used at all and I gave it away a few years ago.

Now, am thinking very hard whether to buy a cot again, or just get a playpen. What are your planned sleeping arrangements? can share?

Hi Chabby, did you try on the seahorse foldable matress? is it comfortable. I bought a sofa bed from a neighbourhood furniture shop which cost me $80 for my previous CFL. She complained that it is very uncomfortable cos it feels like sleeping on the floor.

Hi gingersnap82, Thanks for your advices. but i m not sure what to say to her abt her school. the moment she work up in the morning everyday this 2 weeks, she will say she don't want to go to school. when i start talking about the snacks at school, she will say the food serve not nice. when i talked about the activities at school, she say teachers didn't do lei. as for her classmates...haiz, only 2 seasoned kids but younger than my child by half year or more and they only half day or sometime didn't attend school. the remaining 4 classmate also younger but joined ard the same time as my child. so they are also in the process to settle down. no communications among the children most of the time. i don't dare to mention to her about her school in the evening cos i notice she will have problem going to bed that nite. i think by the time i deliver my second child, she will still have problem adapting to cc considering the many upcoming holidays this 2 months. haiz haiz

Hi misty

the original no padding at all the bliss one slightly padded and the seamless hav a cup to hold the padding but I don't know does this Bp come with it as the shop don't come with the washable breast pad but it come with those moulded cup for us to insert it mayn shld ask bebe lounge...

Ya those bras dun come cheap!! I bot one another brand call cashwell 59.90 that look like seamless but no pad or cups and another one lazy and sweet type at 89 .....

Wow Lily - You are getting 3 Bravado Bras and also bought another 2? Also from Bravado or another brand? How much do they cost?

Mummies - Looking for some advice, personally I have not hired a maid before and will be hiring one for the first time ever. When I went for that online course for hiring Foreign Domestic Helper, it states that we need to provide the maid with a place where they can sleep in privacy, as such, we cannot let them sleep in the living room? I intend to get a sofa bed for the maid but will let my CL sleep on mattress on the floor first. thinking of letting the maid sleep on the sofa bed after the CL leaves.

BTW, are you guys co-sleeping with your BBs? Anyone letting your BB sleep alone? or with the maid?

Hi misty, i bought a playpen last round. i also facing same problem as you. tired to transfer my bb back to playpen after bf so just let her co sleep. this time round m considering of getting a cot instead. cos for playpen we only can monitor bb from the top as the side are usually net which we can't see thru. i mayb getting a cot from IKEA later. my 1st child still sleeping with me. i thot maybe having my #2 to sleep in cot can encourage my #1 to sleep by herself on her own bed later.

Mummies: For bras for breastfeeding. Go to John Little at marina square or jurong point. Look for this brand called eternity. Very cheeap and comfortable. $9.90-$12.90 only.

For mummies who haven't gotten their sterliser, I've got one to let go.Received a Philips Avent Electric Sterliser as a gift but the thing is I've already purchased mine a few weeks ago.

Retail Price: $149.00

Willing to let go at $135.00

Do PM me if you are interested in getting it. Thanks.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4682424.jpg]

sorry think I am not joining the BP for the bras liao. sis getting some for me from overseas.

Ting: must be super siong on you. still have to cook all that...

I have the seahorse mattress........I find it super hard............

ting,

i didn't try the foldable mattress. but all the mattress i have at home are seahorse brand one. they are good and value-for-money. you may wan to pop into their shop to see how. but seems good cuz everytime got people buy. my Sister-in-law has one. her verdict is that it is not too bad.

sleeping arrangement

my SIL gave me an old cot. may use that. alternatively isto co-sleep. if you are thinking of c0-sleeping, you may wan to invest in some co-sleeping products like the one shown below for safety precaution. i saw it at baby products store like toy'r'us, costing $30+ if i'm not wrong.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4682644.jpg]

Darienna / coookiefleur,

can help update Jass1408's order pls?

My orders below:

Essential Nursing Bra Tank White 36 B/C

Bliss Nursing Bra Ivory 36 B/C

Bliss Nursing Bra Chai 36 B/C

Baby Ktan Breeze White size M

I've got a few friends use Baby Ktan and they love it. Say much better than MIM and Baby Bjorn.

As for me I am using cot as I had it all along from my first one and I also bought a playpen to put at cozy corner platform area [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Kikapo

am still thinking abt the bras mite be buying 2 bravado those two that I bot are diff brand [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lilyh,

Did you see or try the allure underwire at the shop? how is that one? I read some online reviews that say the cups may pucker a little so I'm still thinking about it.

The original with the sports bra look could be harder to get in and out of, but sleeping in it should be more comfy cos there are no back hooks? That's my theory, dunno how true also.

The reviews highly recommend the bodysilk seamless. One reviewer commented the bliss nursing bra has "pseudo underwire"...sounds good to me!

Details:

Jan'11 thread Bulk Purchase Order

Discount given till 12 Nov.

A) BRAVADO Nursing Bras & Tanks

* FOC Normal Postage (i.e $1 per pc)

* Special offer: $1 off per bra/tank (not applicable for Boy shorts/Bikini, nor for Allure/Sublime combo}

* Your choice of either

i) FREE pair of Bravado Moisture-Wick Washable Breast Pads (worth S$7.50) that is free with purchase of each bra

OR

ii)Get $2 OFF per bra

* The above discounts are given to us when we can collate an order of 35 pcs.

B) Baby K'tan Baby Carrier

* $3 OFF per piece for 15 orders

* $7 OFF per piece for 20 orders or more

Baby K'tan Order

2)

Here's the link:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4633865.html?1288314132

Back