(2010/12) December 2010 MTB

Mummies who shop online,

Wana seek your opinion on which of the following are you more comfortable with?

1) Online shop - with proper shopping cart to make purchase thru PayPal

2) Blogshop - payment through iBanking

Or doesn't matter as long as it is reliable and you can get the goods delivered on time? hehe...

debbie, i saw OG has promo for a zojirushi vaccuum flask for $29. not bad. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mommies, for those kiddos who are on Enfapro... I got a 1.8kg tin yday from Guardian for S$75.90. That works out to S$37.95 per 900g tin. Not sure how long the offer lasts.

Debbie: Noted the order.

Mummies who want to buy from OG no prob ya. Just let me know by Sunday 2359hr so that I can your drop order since its cheaper anyway.

Juliana: Do go check it out and let us know if its good. I also no Today's paper. JC_BB sent me an image of the coupon, i guess its similar but only limited to 100 sets. By the time I go on Sunday sure no more.

Yugal: Yeah doesn't matter. If transfer to bank account also ok cos I feel can track the person via bank account. =)

thanks mummies.. My MIL is those super thrifty one, she used to keep leftover of her cookings and re-heat them till we finish.. can't finish in 2 meals, I'll see them in the 3rd.. but since we took over the household, and there's helper.. we set aside helper's portion before tucking-in, she finishes all the dishes on the table, leaving none extra.. I thought probably she just didn't want to let helper eat extra, but now, I am like a "xiao ren", I think whether or not she actually doesn't want helper to have lunch the next day? :-( I feel so sad.. so, starting tonight, we'll set 2 portions for helper.. sob sob, I don't want to be sued for abusing helper ler..

Just another "xiao ren" note: Hubby and I normally finish eating faster than my MIL, she'll nibble her way through..if we didn't keep a portion for helper all this while, I wonder if she gets to eat even proper dinner? :-(

bbribena: :-( beats me.. I couldn't bring myself to look at her last nite..

Juliana: good that you have made your decision.. when are you starting work?

yugal: missed your question just now. for buyer, I guess it's not much diff whether paypal or ibanking.. some people just do not have paypal account.. but for seller I think it's different, coz I remember I bought a pair of earring online for just a few dollars, and the seller told me, coz of some fees (or tax? i don't remember), he had to pay a few dollars to get the payment.. so, in the end, he didn't make money for my pair of earring..

Hello mummies

Finally got chance to log in.

Now i am working in new company.

So far so good.

Although today is my 2nd day, getting more bz. I do still miss my previous colleagues.

But I'm feeling happier than in previous company

Sometime got to go on site.

So i'm afraid that i have lesser time to log in in future.

But I will try to catch up with the thread at home after work.

jiahui: no worries.. can always join us when u free... Jiayou at work!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Got OG coupon for thermos if u all want let me know [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

As I dun read thread often SMS or wats app me @ 90279595

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hey Little May,

Ways of collection will be one of the following:

1) Mail to you --> just pay postage or registered post.

2)Can meet you on weekends somewhere in town?

3)Or pick up from my place?

roz> the thread is getting fast... i yet to summarize my notes ... haha... i tried apple puree only (cos no more pears) and the puree taste sour! .. can see my bb expression fr my FB.. ( r u in my FB?) .. then last few days he always on one feed on cereal... cos trying to see if any allergies... going to top up some fruits this weekend and let him try...

r u going to TMC weaning class tomor? i still thinking whether to go...

The thermos really need the coupon. Tried going nearby 7-11 but dun have Today. Quality wise the foogos outlook looks sturdier in my opinion but the pink thermos one is so pretty. The other designs not so nice.

Only 1 per customer.

mummies who go to TMC weaning class, can share the info or not? i m unable to go coz need to work le .. sob sob ~~

PSH: i will go to collect from you around 11 plus on 5th July, ok? what is your number? which floor?

bubbly: my heart goes out to your helper. but you guys can always make it up to her for being nicer to her. i appreciate nice and good helper. just that they are uncommon nowadays.

yugal: i would go for "doesn't matter as long as it is reliable and you can get the goods delivered on time"

bubbly> ur helper so nice... mine like KNS... KNS cos she start giving me attitude... and my MIL ask me don scold her cos scare she may "harm" bb when we r not around... sian..

mummies, not sure if anyone uses Huggies Dry, think they are getting rid of old stock so NTUC is selling them promo price of $15.95. i just bought a pack of M size, 80pcs pack, works out to be $0.20 per pc.

Mommies, please give me 能量 to pass this MIL saga. Am still boiling inside esp now coz of the carrot poo, and I just remember MIL once suggested to make seafood soup for Leah to drink, like to mark the start of her solid consumption!!! Morning was spent looking at IFC websites, web cameras, play group......

Yugal,

I would prefer ibanking cos kuku me haven't figure how does paypal work.

Juliana, lovebyte,

Og thermo is for flask or food jar? Must use original coupon from today ah?

Bubbly, muddypaw,

I agree. I strongly feel that maid shld not be given left over food. They shld have their proper portion of food. Maid also human.

Haiz... Regards to online shopping:

currently i am caught in a shipment. I have purchased a branded bag for baby bag from ebay USA seller, she arranged to ship to singapore, declaring the full value, as she dont wish to get into trouble. She shipped out on 1 Jun, till nw it have not arrived, so i check with US post and Singpost. Just got the news tat the parcel is held by custom, they will inform me to go down clear personally or i can authorise Singpost to act on my behalf, problem is i have to pay tax before they release, and i have checked with singpost customer svc, she say tax might be around at least $400... faint*****

Any one have this smiliar experience to share???

Amelia

no pblm. i hd pm u my contact no.

Jul

yup...e pink thermo design is nice compare to e rest.

who wan e coupon can let me kw. i hd one. mayb i can go see my colleagues who gt TODAY n take e coupon frm them...hehe

bbribena... SEAFOOD SOUP?!?! WHAT?!?!?

eh, your MIL is crazy? in this case, IFC is the way to go IMO.

come to think of it, my MIL once wanted to let my gal drink cheng tng. i stopped her from feeding. dunno what they are thinking of...

bribena, seafood soup??? ur MIL okie or not... sorry i tink that is way too extreme le..

bubbly, unfortunately some ppl are like that one lo. my sis' MIL is also very one kind will purposely tekan the maid or make life very difficult for her. 1 dinner the maid got to get up and down so many times to take small small things for her. now spoon, later chopstick, later chili, later saucer, eat until so tong ku.

Bribena,

Think better don't let your mil take care of your girl already. Best to find infant care centre or babysitter. It is for benefit of your girl n the relationship between u and mil. Better avoid more conflict. Actually let outsider look after is good at least they will listen to your instruction.

candy, the seller never label this shipment as gift? if label as gift usually won't get charged GST... quite silly leh, to pay GST like that. ebay some more. :p

Seller inform me she already stated as "GIFT" think maybe suey... kana check by custom and now on hold.... Last time i also purchase a coach shoes, also go through safely. Maybe this is more bulky so custom check more thoroughly....

my fil & sil likes to tempt my bb w food... its like they eating e.g chocolates n they like to put the food in fnt of bb mouth ... then my bb will try to grab or open his mouth ..and then they will put the food into their mouths... i feel so "sad" for bb... like kana tempted but cannot eat... this is not good education!

i tell my sil not to do so.. but fil.. how to say...

the only thing i can do now is to wait for them to contact me and tell me the charges. And whether i wan to go down collect and pay personally or i can get Singpost to do for me....

Juliana: I'm a sucker for packaging but its like 10 dollar difference compared to foogos and I have a son so cannot take PINK. =)

If want to buy 2 can take 2 coupons then queue diff counter?

Eon: yes, I'll pay extra attention to my helper from now on.. sayang her more.. hehehe..

rachel: what your MIL say also true, sometimes, those news about how helper abuse those at home really scary.. it's really luck in these things huh..

bbribena: Seafood?!? whoa.. your MIL really ah.. have you got any IFC in mind already?

candy: tax of 400! can return or not? cancel order if it's not stated in your purchase agreement? what was the freight term?

Candy,

U need to see the customs invoice to see wat the seller declare. GST is chargeable on the value of the item including postage. Even gifts r taxable as long as the declared value is >$400. Not sure if u can get the seller to redeclare a lower value. Worse come to worse, reject the item. U hv to pay postage back to return to seller n get the seller to refund u wat u paid for the bag. but to pay $400 in tax is ridiculous.

http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/trad/cle/Internet+PurchasesPostal+Parcels.htm

bbribena

yr MIL muz b crazy...i think u better put Leah into IFC fast.

Re: Thermos coupon

Mummies, i manage to collect extra 2 coupons so total i gt 3 coupons. T&C: Valid frm 23-26 Jun onli, limited to 100 pcs & 1pc per customer n while stock last

wow, i didn't know that gifts of >$400 is taxable. thanks for the info grumpus!

and yes, i agree, rejecting the goods and paying postage back will work out cheaper than paying the taxes!

lovebyte: my colleague said the one that we are buying are 10oz.. very small one.. she advise me to buy the 16oz one. ur supplier got sell 16oz that kind?

PSH: whole durian oreo cake

Back