(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

bb LS... bringing him to doc later [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

whim, ur beef stew sounds so yummy, think us adults also wana eat! teach us how to make leh...

Chris.. ohhh... so its can eat la. I see. Thanks for sharign!

Wow Whim, ur girl so good will eat all these!

For the BB hip hugger, mine is also the "Hippy Chick" - but now cannot find the link to the BP. Maybe BP ended ba.

When I 1st put my girl on it, she also want to keep looking front, so I change her position lor. Fornt, side, back, rotate her sitting positions. Slowly, she gets used to it, now no issue already.

just "sit" her on it, but u need to support BB with both hands, BB's back against ur stomach, legs dangle out.

Might slide down a bit, but I realised, if i make the belt very very tight, wont slip.

u go try?

me kpo a bit...hippychick got me excited...hehe...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i got it from mothercare when they are having 15%+5% promo for members...oni paid about $60++...original price $79...

i use it quite a fair bit....esp when carrying bb downstairs and in shopping malls...but if i have to take public transport i will put bb in carrier...safer to me la...my mum likes it too...when we go shopping we take turns carrying bb on hippychick cos' easy to pass to each other...

chris: can carry bb in front cos' bb sit on it like a seat...but i will still support my bb with both hands to be safe...when i carry at the side one hand to support is quite sufficient...

Bought baby to PD yesterday morning cos the medicine given by GP seems to cause rash. Then medicine by PD also end up with rashes. I stopped her cough medicine last nite but this morning I saw the rashes have spread and appear in weird new places and different shapes. Read up on hives and I suspect it is, and not drug allergy. So this morning at 6am, we brought her to Mt A A&E. I know its not serious but cos i had no time to bring her to PD in morning. So doc sort of confirmed is hives and just gave anti histamine. So now we will continue feeding ehr the ventolin to clear her airway and medicine to loosen the phlegm. Now in office feeling ao tired. Baby now with nanny and its times like these I appreciate nanny cos if baby is at IFC, I can forget about bringing her there the next few days.

Oh, the beef stew is one of annabel karmel's recipe. Got carrot, potato, onions, beef cooked in chicken stock. Next time I'll take step by step pics and post it on facebook. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

baby hip hugger - I saw the pics online and conclude that I still must hold the baby with my arms, but at least the bulk of her weight will be on the hip hugger. Nowadays when I carry her, I angle her to sit on my hip (no wonder women are the ones having kids, hips can act like seat or babies).

enmummy, the Nari baby hip hugger also ard the same price, now $80.

hpc, ur baby poor thing. what are the hives caused by?

I also use the hip hugger! Its a life saver for me! really relieve me alot of strength carrying my gal. Plus my gal is very active, she will climb on my tummy when carried. So the hip hugger made her sit on the small cushion. At least i no need to struggle to carry her. =)

Mummies, ask u ah...can we feed ling2 yang2 to our babies? Cos my MIL said my gal is heaty. So wanna give her ling2 yang2. Is it safe to consume?

hi mummies...so busy last few days at work (very upset at work, really have a urge to quit without a job) anyway, i think i lost track of the posts...i will try to mass email / mass sms the mummies keen on 12-aug gathering at JP soon ok, and make reservation if possible. sorry to keep you all waiting

hip chick, ok, i wil try to use it for bb face frnt.

Hpc >hope ur bb get well sn.

Wendy > i cn totally connect w ur situation. N i chose to quit w/o job n jus rest n watch bb grow. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i tink its a choice dependin on lots of factors n sacrifices n family support. Hope u wil cm to an ease w wat ever choice u mak. Btw, count me in for the lunch. Thks!

Bluesoda: I know gymboree has music class too . Can check it out .

Whim : I drove msia last weekend . The whole journey ard 3 + hours. Son slept almost half the time. Then when he awoke or so, we brought him out of car seat to let him stretch too .

Chris : can let bb eat pasta too ... Quite rich in iron . Also get yogurt to mix with fruit for them .

babywonder: you can get those bb pasta .. very very small and thin.. they have spag, star pasta and alphabets pasta too. once u boil them then it is very soft ... my son without teeth also can eat it. Dont worry.

babywonder n jen > i also scare bb wil gt choke on pasta leh. Even puree he wil gt choke. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hello mummies,

can someone organise a birthday partyware spree? Guess most of us are hosting First party for our NOv babies... wonder could we consolidate & order?

was thinking whether to join spree or get 1 organise here ....

wat do u all tink? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my Baby is 9th-mth old today..hehehe

he can support w support, n love to bite.. but still a small eater ... gg for his 9th mth assessment next Fri... see his wt gain..

jen > ya lor, stil choke on watery puree. He hp better w those tat r nt watery. Eg mus stick to spoon even whn spoon is tilted. Tried since abt 1 to 2 mth liao bah. Sm mummies suggest i mix cereal w puree. Bt my boy vry fussy, scare later he doesnt even wan2 eat cereal. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] bt later i wil try potato n carrot. I tink these 2 mix together cn b sticky bah. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Blue soda,

Sorry for late reply. I buy from this local online distributor http://www.lingenius.com/index.php

Not cheap , average about $25 per DVD but for me as my no.1 is using sign language to help express himself and neo neo can learn, so worth it for me to buy 1 set of baby Signing time and 1 set of Series 1 signing Times. If you are buying for your baby, baby Signing more suitable due more animations and colors.

Jen (cookiemonster2010) : Thks! In fact i already bought it but yet to cook cos afraid BB gets choke..haha.. Can share wat do you cook with the pasta? hv no idea at all...

Chris (christine77sg) : Hopefully ur bb can manage the food well soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chris, my girl eats v little only 1-2 tbsp tats why I feed more meals. She has 5or6 feeds a day depending. Day time is 180ml x 3 feeds. If theres a 4th feed will be 150ml. Her last and first feed of the day will be 250ml.

Chris: yr boy really eating solid... Did u check with doc before why ? Cos very strange , watery close to milk texture by right easier for him .

Babywonder: ueno has a cheese say sauce on her fb pic u can check it out. Beside that I also put vege puree , fish, mince chicken inside. Usally the vege puree act as the sauce .

jen > u really tink my boy vry strange huh? Initiall i also tot so leh. Bt my hubby sy bb same as him. Cos hubby choke on gluey stuff. Tinkin of askin pd durin his 9th mth visit.

Sharon > i cn? Bt my bb stil nt gd at swallowin leh.

Cherry > wow! Ur bb tak alot of solid n milk, my bb only drink abt 800-900ml, 1cereal meal of 2 milk scoop. Wats ur bb wt?

Baby2010 (baby20101204) – My bb also very active, we have to keep changing pattern, what I worried is when she go to school still refused to sit then how?

happy_ocean (pearlyshell) – Should be quite ok to give 羚羊 because my mother said d same just tt when I feed my bb she dt like, refuse to drink so I change it to 洋参。

Happy ocean,

Ling yang is very ' cooling ', even for my son ( 4 yrs old in 3 weeks time ) we were told to give little bit and not too frequent. Not sure if its suitable for baby. Same as western medication, I would prefer to visit a TCM to ascertain. Like my case, I use to cough and sore throat often. Thought my body is heart type when actually I'm the ' wet type ', cannot take too cooling stuff.

Sheepy sheep,

I'd was also advised to give egg yolk. Hard boil, start with only 1/4 of the yolk for a few days then increase 1/4 every few days until baby eat full yolk.

2 weeks of eating full yolk, can give very tiny bit of egg white for a few days. If all ok, can give whole egg liao. My girl is now eating whole egg (break into the porridge).

Chris,

You might want to try not to make the food too watery. Make it a bit paste like. Can give porridge and very soft baby pasta. Give a small spoonful each time. But feed more water (droplets size, good to use small spoon like the red pigeon weaning spoon). My no.1 last time also get choke on water very easy. When he on milk, we were stuck on size 2 avent teats for very long cos he refuse to upsize. I hopenot, but there is a possibility of your baby unable to control and cope with thing flowing down into the throat at faster speed, like water.

Chris,

Hope you don't mind me asking, you said your hubby also get choke on water easy. How was his speech when he was young ? My son has no problem understanding but he has problem talking. Suspect is he unable grasps the ideal of how to control his mouth muscle to talk. It only last few weeks then he get it idea of ' blow ' but still not strong enough to blow bubbles. He also unable to spit out water after brushing. Only able to tilt his head to let the water flow out. But he has no problem drinking from straw.

jovial > hw often ur bb eat eggs? Ya, i also tink he cant control food tat flow fast. I try to mak puree less watery. Bt find it difficult to do so w the steam n blender. So nw for apple, we use spoon to scrap it. My hubby wil choke on sticky food, eg mochi. He doesnt rem if he has speech problem whn young. Bt my boy cn blow lots of bubbles n mak quite abit of sound leh. Crossin my fingers.

Happy ocean > mayb cn giv barley instd? I also feel ling yang too cooling for the little one.

Chris, my bb dont know how to chew too. So I bought teething biscuit and then slowly introduce cracker. Now she chews v well using her gum. So I now give her chunky porridge alr. Practice makes perfect [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

nana > whic brand of teethin biscuits u buy? I tink his main problem is he cant control fast flowin food.

Total hrs of slp per day: mummies hw many hrs do ur bb slp each day? My bb slp abt 12hrs only durin the wkend. Wonder if its enough. N also wats the longest time period ur bb has stay awake? So far, my bb cn stretch to 7 hrs! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Thanx jovialz and VT for yr advice on ling2 yang2.

Chris, i bought the heinz teething biscuit...so far so good...but my girl cannot finish the biscuit at one go...sometimes, instead of eating, she will play with it, until all her hands and legs all got biscuit crumbs..=p

Happy ocean, Chris: My son is 8 months 3 weeks now. he oso still dun know how to crew [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i notice the cereal what i given him is swallow not crew..

Hi Mummies:

May i know how many month of your baby can start to crew?

I am thinking is it i only feeding my son puree and cereal and do not give him any " hard" food like teething biscuit to crews. as he still haven't feeding porridge yet .Please kindly share with me how you all to train yr baby crewing

Sharon, Xhin loves the happy melts alot! Whenever I put the melt into his mouth, he was smiling all way.

Chris, Xhin slept about 12-14 hours per day inclusive nap.

Chris: my son eat 5 scoop of brown rice cereal for 2 meal and 700ml of milk per day. i am thinking is it too little for a 9months boy.

Any mummies can advise?

junvis (junvis) : i tried to give happy melt banana last night..he show me a " sour" look..ha.. i tried..really abit sour. did yr gal is it just swallow or crew it?

Re:Earth's Best Toothpaste with Free Gum Brush

Hi, is there any mummies using above toothpaste for your baby? as per instruction need to use water rinse the mouth . but dun think baby know how to rinse the mouth ler. is it only brush the teeth and gum that's all?

My boy chew on it.. He gave the sour face initially.. but guess after a few bites and when the melt started to ooz out in the mouth, he gave that cheeky smile. I opened the pack on Sat and now left only a 1/4. I haven open the banana mango melt, hope he loves it too.

My boy is taking 2 meal porridge and abt 6x milk feed approximately 150ml daily. I think he is about 9kg at his 8months 3 week. Will go for his development assessment next fri.

Mummies, need some advise. I've been giving baby ebm or fbm so far. As we r traveling soon, I'm introducing formula as daily supply is a bit short. I've tried to give her formula for 3 feeds over the weekend n she only finished once. The rest is like drink enuff to feel full or quench her thirst and she refused already. Any ideas how I should intro formula? Half fbm half formula?

Junvis> wah u feeding 6x milk+2 porridge! so u are feeding 8x a day? u r feeding yr boy every 3hrs no matter he wakes or not?

ermmm> what i did was intro 1FM for 1feed (last feed) for D1-D2, 2FM (1st feed & last feed) for D3-D4, 3FM (1st & last feed + another feed) for D5-D6 and then 4FM (all FM) for D7-D8. Some people do it by mixing half BM+half FM, some feed half bottle BM, half bottle FM (separate bottles). it depends on yr bb reaction. I personally find bb cannot straight away switch to full FM in 2 days (over weekend) as she might not like the FM taste etc etc...so u might need longer time?

baby2010> i think i have heard mummies using the brand First Teeth toothpaste before but i have not started brushing my bb teeth so I do not have much input for u.

Mummywong, Xhin dun wakes up for milk at night actually.. but after eating porridge, he will still want his milk cos the porridge dun seems to satisfy his hunger leh.. so 1hr after porridge he will have his normal milk intake again. Big eater? But to me he is small size leh

Junvis> if porridge not enough, cook more porridge? i'm just amazed he drinks so many times, i fed my boy 4x milk+2 meals. but total milk intake's 780ml, he used to drink 240ml last feed but i worry its too much so i restrict to 210ml.

baby2010> my boy drinks 780ml a day, he's 9mths plus.

For those in JWT trial,

Reminder - the class is on this Saturday, Aug 13. Please reach at 12.45 for registeration.

Email reminder sent! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

How u all schedule so many x milk feed in> My boy drinks 3x only. So it's something like milk, cereal, milk porriage, milk - then sleep already. Interval around 3-5-4hrs

Shoppiee> my boy schedule:

7am (timing change according to what time he wakes, if he wakes 5plus, will feed 5plus, then every nxt feed plus 3hrs) - 210ml

10am - 180ml

12.30pm - cereal/porridge (starting from today 2x porridge)

3.30pm - 180ml

6.30pm - porridge

8.30-9pm - 210ml

Back