(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Chris: i dun mind to help u buy and u collect from me since i travel there almost every week. Let me know if u need my help? PM me ?

Mrs Lee: i have asked PD before.. PD will advise if possible let BB drink Stage 1 up to 1 year old.. better nutrients..

Yeah, all the mummies are v helpful! Thanks for sharing.

Diana > wow.. u can pump out 900ml a day. Tat's quite good I only can pump 750 - 850 a day & I gonna squeeze & squeeze. haha.. but guess better than none [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ask u mummies who pump out milk, can we put the milk directly into the bottles + teats & leave in the fridge? so that when bb cry, we can just put the bottle into the warmer. currently, i store them in containers. when it is time to feed, i transfer to the bottle. Thanks!

Hi mummies,

Sorry to interrupt. I have a tin of Nanpro2 in exchange with similac2. Collection at Farrer Park Mrt. Pm me if interested. Thanks

Diana: I think it is a boy vs girl thing..My boy also dun suck fingers but my girl sucks anything..her thumb, fist and even stuff toys!

Today my girl very cute..she hear her brother cry, she also cry

Hapie - i pump directly into milk bottles, warm

Up and feed direct, minimize all the pouring and washing addl bottles.

Diana - I actually bought the hard teething biscuit for her already but will only let her have it when she turns 6 mths old. but if her teeth not out yet.. can we still give her? cos she got no teeth to bite wat?

Hapiee, I seldom pump but I won't like to put the teat into the fridge as I don't want it to have the fridge smell.. Jut personal preference...

diana, oats with milo.. hmm, maybe can try on oat bread first. hahah!! cos i dun really like oats.. :s thanks for the tips tho..

influence emotion,

some mother mention about this.. instead of influencing my girl to cry, i make her smile n look at me blankly when i will laugh loudly as she crys. hahaha!! that works most of the time.

sharon, thanks..maybe i shall continue with Nan1 den.. hehehe!!

hapiee, my girl drinks EBM, i dun usually put the drinking bottle in e fridge unless occassionally when im preparing the milk for her, she suddenly went to zz, i will leave the bottle in the fridge, standby for her feed. other den that, i usually pour my emb into storage bottles or bags.

Jo, thk u for ur advice and offer to accompany me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jill, I totally agree! I was really feeling down and confused aft gettin the call fr nurse yest and hb was so bz with work as his peer is leaving and he has to take over all the stuff and he seems like not so worried as I do...or probably he is afraid of making me feel more scare if he is worried too...duno...haiz

Lucky for Jo, Ueno and rest of mummies here who gave advice and support to me even though am a 3rd time mummy

as din encounter such matter before...really appreciate

it...am really glad to know u all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks Hammiebao & Mrs Lee.. Got this idea cos bb was crying so loudly just now when i was transferring the milk from storage bottles to the feeding bottle. thou maybe faster if put in feeding bottles directly. haha... guess bb will just have to be more patient!

hapiee> i'll transfer to milk bottles after pumping & put in fridge, so usually i put the teat on when i took the bottle to warm. however if i happen to going to sterilise my bottles/teats & it's going to be feeding time soon then i'll first change the teat into the milk bottle (and leave in the fridge) till bb cry.

hapiee,

my supply sometime vary de le....like today it seem to be lesser le...normally I can get 800 over in a day with 5 pump session. It is only last 3 days tat it ki siao and get 900ml a day with 5 pump session lor.

Aphrodite,

Ya mayb lor....lets see how her character like when she is at her kor kor age ba.

Bam,

Can still give de. coz their gum can bite and their saliva will melt the hard biscuit de. But it is abit messy lah, coz the bisuit will be cover with saliva and u hv to hold it for them to eat lor. -_-"

Tat is why the lazy me last time do not really like to give my boy the biscuit lor...

Mrs Lee,

Ya, bb will laugh too if they see us laugh de. But one good way of stopping bb to cry is to let her watch video clip. What I do at times is I let my crying gal watch herself in my hp video clip, or any video clip in my hp and she will stop crying and watch. Go try it.

Naf, sometimes it really doesnt matter how many kids you have, cos all kids are different.. so we have to a open mind hearing what other mother suggest sometimes. hehe!! ya, perhaps your hubby is overwhelmed with work, he didnt express his concern to meimei.. well, that happens to my man all the time. he even forgotten our 2nd year anniversary last week. and it took me awhile to think whether to get pissed with him, cos he forgot becos of work. hmm~

diana, you reminded me the japanese show that cast on tuesday. they stop bb from crying by showing the bb crying(makin fuss) by flippin the videocamera towards themselves. within secounds, the bb stop crying instead, start smiling. hahaha!! Another way i do to stop my girl from crying is, blow her face. mauhaha!!

Hi Chris, i have checked le.. The medical hall that is selling the enfalac A+ at S$40/tin (Not sure if it's of this price anymore) is near teck whye shopping centre, near blk 140plus de.. Got a market there and beside a community centre.. Hope it helps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Can i check with mommies here.. does your bb suck their lips whilst sleeping.. My girl does it and i wonder if she is teething or maybe it's just a habit of 'sucking empty pacifier'..

And can i ask how many diapers should bb be using for 1day.. Esp after hearing the UTI issues, i would like to take note..

Naf, thanks for replying.. Yr bb will be alrite, always better to seek 2nd opinion esp there is incident of wrong diagnoise..

Mrs Lee,

Ya, I watch tat show then try on my gal. Then we tried other types of video clip and it still work, so conclusion is tat any video clip will work nt just video of bb themselves lor...heehee

Chris:

I also wasn't sure too, so I asked a few organisers. Yes, can just squirt a little into bath tub for bb and proceed to wash, no need to rinse in clean water again. I'm buying for my bb and tot, and myself, hahah!!!

Think that spree got 1 slot left. If you want, do let her know.

jolyn > thks alot! Found n bgt it. No change in price. Boss sy wil increase price for next batch by 50cents to 1 dollar. Too heavy, so i only buy 4 tins.

sharon, koori > thks for offering to hlp. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummywong > i m using medela pump but avent bottles.. so i put the milk into avent storage container and then put in fridge. transfer to bottles for feeding lor. u mean the bottles u use had a cap and a separate for teats?

jolyn > i change abt 5 - 6 pieces of diaper every day..

btw mummies, i m attending a talk by my pd this sat on weaning. will share if there is any useful tips [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jo : yes! I know I can always ask for ur advice here. Thanks for all ur help!

Owo : I'm on my own for these 2 weeks as hubby is overseas. He left me with the flu bug before he left also. Sigh.. Now baby has the sniffles.. Really trying to tong until weekend n hopefully can get some rest. Very tired man. Can't imagine myself becoming a sahm.

hapiee> same same..i used medela pump & transfer to avent milk bottles. i have both avent milk bottles & avent storage cups. for the avent milk bottles, it has a separate cap (lid), so when i want to feed, i changed to teat. not sure if u know what i meant?

cradle cap> how does it looks like? my boy starts to have dry reddish scalp & it seems to worsen abit recently. not sure if its cradle cap, sensitive skin, wrong shampoo or anything allergy..i do not have the califonia cream which some of you mention to apply before over here in hk..what should i do? i bought Johnson baby oil but not sure if i should apply over his head.

Chris, you are most welcome.. Glad that you found it! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hapiee: I change abt 3-4 diapers a day.. issit consider okay?

Say at night before my girl sleeps, I will change to mamy poko which last from 9pm to 9am, afterwhich bathe her which is ard 10am.. 2pm will change one, if she poos btw 4-5pm will change one.. afterwhich evening shower will change one that last till 9pm le.. The morning and afternoon one are extremely heavy, the rest are ok only not alot of pee kinda..

Hi mummywong,

my boy had cradle cap, yellowish kind of flaky stuff, applied Johnson baby oil using cotton wool and massage over boyboy's head half hr before bath time. Using towel to gently rub off.

Reddish scalp? Hmmm, not sure if that's cradle cap

alaska72> do u have photo to load here? btw do u know how long it takes for cradle cap to be gone? i not exactly sure whether my boy's cradle cap. it looks dry and a little reddish

Ermmm: pleasure helping whenever I can. I really enjoy doing so, because I also learn. Glad the info provided are useful. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] you take care too. Ginger water is a good remedy for yourself, can add honey also. As for your bb, you can get sterimar(the one for baby) from guardian pharmacy and use it to flush out mucus, helps healing very fast. Before you buy, can check with the pharmacist how to use.

Mummywong: I've seen jorubi aloe vera gel in manning before. FYI, cradle cap can be rid by rubbing Vaseline on the spot then wash off with cradle cap shampoo.

woah Diana u still can pump so much so envy. I can only get 350-450ml per day cos I can only pump 3 times per day ( 6am 12pm and 8pm) and fenugreek is not help sob sob guess my boy just have to make do with limited ebm

Oat meal help but morning simple no time to make the washing showering feeding etc and I already wake at 5.45am but still can't have proper bf

cradle cap :

my boy has lots of flakes on his hair too. Wonder if tat is cradle cap. My mum sy to leave it alone n it wil gt better gradually as we bath my bb. Is it ok if we leave it alone? Will it recover on its own?

Mummywong, u ONI saw it after bb's head is shaved? Cos for mine, I noticed after he was being shaved too. Cradle cap is like flakes, translucent pale yellow. It can be removed by olive oil.. I will apply thinly 1 hr prior shower to soften the flakes, and when shampoo then it can drop easily.. At times my hands itchy n I will scrap it off directly from the scalp. But those stubborn one will need to apply olive oil to soften it.. It took 3 days to totally removed.

Btw I use normal bb shampoo during the process, it works well too.

mummywong > u use the adaptor for the avent storage cups izzit? & then put the teats on adaptor? My mil find the storage cups fat and hard to hold and feed bb. Or the feeding bottle got those with lids & teats?

btw, my boy also had cradle cap.. it is flaky or looks scaly on the head. My pd gave a cream that i m supposed to rub on this head 30 mins before bath. then rub or scrap off the flakes. I use normal bb shampoo to wash off. It took quite a while to get rid of the flakes cos I m lazy mum.. din do it everyday and it is not easy to scrap off the flakes.

Chris > It doesn't go off by itself for my boy. Cos those flakes were still there if I din continue to scrape them off

Jolyn > I also use mp diapers M size. I will change his diaper at last feed at 11 pm (if possible, sometimes bb is sleeping v soundly & i will leave it if the diaper do not seem full ) and last till next morning at 7 am, daytime usually change every 4 hours unless he poo. I guess it depends on how much urine your bb have.

My gal dunno y these few days poo after every feeding... Any1 encounter such cases b4? the poo is normal jus that is little only..

Hi naf, is yr girl better? i wanted to comment abt it yesterday but i was locked out of my car and forgot abt it. lol.

if the doctors wanna do invasive tests on yr bb, then its worthwhile to get a 2nd opinion. my personal feel is if they cant give u a good reason why they shld do the test, then dun do it.

Is there adaptor fr avent pump to medela bottle?

I am using avent pump but store in medela bottle coz used to use medela pump b4 i switch over

Baby flipping :

Jus wan2 share. My mum saw my boi flipped once but after tat, he nvr flip anymore. We wait for almost a mth n still no action fr him. Last nite my hubby keep playing w him n flip him to n fro. In the middle of the nite, ard 3am, don't knw y my bb suddenly flip by himself n started grumbling whn he can't flip bk. Thn this morning, he flipped on him on a few time in barely half an hr. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] bt of cos he still nd us to flip him bk. Bt I m happy alrdy. mummies whose bb haven't flip, mayb cn try also. Apparently whn my hubby flip him, he will explain to bb hw to coordinate his limbs so tat he cn flip on his own. Probably tat hlps?

Jo, Junvis, Hapiee> Oh ok i'll try to apply olive oil/vaseline half and hr before bb shower this weekend & see whether it improves.

Junvis> i noticed the slight flakes b4 he was shaven but it was not as much/serious, it seems to get more serious these few days not sure why. I also noticed he seems to scratch his head, so I not sure is it itchy so he scratch or he scratch thus has the flakes/redness. I feel heartpain as after I caught him doing it once, i saw there's abit of water at the area something like clear pus if u know what i mean.

Hapiee> its not the avent adaptor. i got the lids and bottles passed down from my sis, not sure if the lids are sold outside. let me try to take photo tonight/over the weekend & post here for u to see. hope i remember ah..

Happiee, avent does sell the sealing discs. Can get from taka, Isetan, mothercare etc. When used in place of the teats, the sealing discs become like lids.

Orangebb, yes, there is a cOnverter for pumping using medela into avent bottles. Can get from the stores too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummywong> cradle cap is a layer of drying skin on the scalp, looks like dandruff. it is a bit pale yellowish in color.

my gal will scratch her head too n left red patch marks. i guess her fingers too sharp. Must cut her nails often to prevent that happen.

Naf> hope ur bb get better.

bluesoda>is bb having diarrhea?

These days my bb consumption drops from 4.5oz to 2oz.. yesterday brought him to my mum's and she said the gum got this white patch call "bi4" in hokkien. Must disperse it by pricking the area with nails, otherwise he will refuse to drink milk.

The white patch can be easily mistook as teething for inexperience mummy like me.. so now must go massage his gum using nails

any mum got hear this before?

Back