(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

chris-hws ur bb poo pattern nw?my ger finali did her poop at nite for the day phew.. She was so uncomfy in d evening,whine n cry when she farts,tink nt easy to poo... gota apply bb oil at her butt for her.. Is ur bb gettin less yellowish?mine is gettin better abit each day but eye stil can see bit yellow..hope can see eye white soon!

Hammiebao, I used rasel catering twice! Once for my gal's bd party and the it her for my full month celeb. I actually ordered min. Quantity for my menu cos not a lot of guests, 20 only, and I took the $25 menu for international. Overall feedback fr guests is v good. As that menu has like 15 items, there were loads of leftovers, so second time round we prepared our own containers to store the food. Enough for good dinner too for 8 pax! I asked them abt their portion before, the sales person told me plus minus 10%.

The first time i tried rasel was at an "office warming", and food was excellent too. That's why I chose them for my own event. I find them much more value for money compared to purple sage. Their mutton rendang is good, so is their turkishi rice and mango salmon. Dun do the teriyaki salmon, its yucks. Eclairs yummy!

Chloe, yeah better do so, plus the fact tha it's illegal for bb to be out of carseat. However, I find the enforcement or comms abt this is not like in the us or aust.

Sophia, ur mum so funny, how to get stuck!? On the contrary, I'm worried not tight enough after being stretched out by bb! I thought after 6wks can Liao, the only problem for me is mind is willing but flesh is weak leh, so tired out where got mood?

Ueno, did u cover bb ears during loud portions? I'm so tempted to brung bb out cos intending to watch Harry potter leh,e dun think my #1 will be able to last through that, but bb might just sleep though it though.

cel > bb poo once in the afternoon. I go bk to bm tis evenin, cos 3 days r up. Hv u go bk to bm? Luckily bb stil lik bm, although i havnt try latchin yet. Hopefully he rem my breasts. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] He lk slightly better, eyes still abit yellow. Hope he is really gettin better.

I pumped out blood this afternoon... my mil who's a nurse told me to stop pumping liao..else I might get an infection. Besides, not gd to let baby drink the milk stained with blood.

How ah? Anyone experienced this?

VelVet, thanks for ur reply on rasel.. More or less confirmed to get them but I'm thinking which menu to get cos at first wanted their full month menu but due to Xmas they are not able to provide red eggs and AKK.. So checking out the normal menu..

Piggydog, try searching on Internet.. Not only for bb seek, also for ur health.. Hope it's ok.. Don't stress yourself!

Chloe, haven't get, will ask hubby to get it tomorrow, hope it helps

Hubby new job very busy.. He everyday back home around 10+.. then my CL around 10 come in to sleep.. Like my hubby no chance to see bb.. So tonight I just on the light and drag my supper till 10+ so CL cannot sleep so early n hubby get to carry bb..

1 more week to end confinement!! I'm not worried about taking care of bb.. I care more about who's going to cook for me.. Unless everyday I bring bb out to eat.. Haiz.. At first say come to stay with MIL she would help but she's so busy with her life lor! Everyday got lunch appointment..

Full time mummies!! We can meet up for lunch everyday!! Hahaha Jo & Shauna!!

Btw anyone going for BB massage classes?

thanks hammiebao. i googled...some website says an..some can't. Anyway I tried pumping now... luckily no more blood. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Piggydog: my CL told me if u put the Breastmilk under the sun, they'll start to turn pinkish too....not sure whether its true

Bam: mayb u wan to tell ur mum to stop talking that way. Say that it hurts you. The way she put it is not nice, but just like Mummywong said, she din meant it that way.

Ueno: so nice u can bring bb out. I havent try to bring him ouf alone. His cry is sooo loud. When he went polyclinic tdy on stroller, he already wail out to be carried when stroller stop. Headache. Now i dun know whether to buy sling. Scared he dun wan to sit on stroller.

Everyday my bb new pattern comes out. Everyday wail out to be carried. Catnaps mostly. This evening raining, sleep like a pig. CL say he's a smart lazy boy.

my aunt also told me that our breastmilk is actually our "blood"...it will turn pinkish if we leave it in room temperature overnight...she jokingly commented that our babies are actually "drinking - sucking" our blood..haha

Chloe,velvet.,

I didn't cover his ears during the movie , I think he's trained at home cos his gorgor makes so much noisewhen he plays

I actually sold my flat before I was preggy and shifted home with my parent's. Thereafter I got pregnant. Just 1-2 mths after I sold my flat. I'm keeping a lookout for new home. It will be good if I got pregnant before I sell my flat.. Then I will not sell le... But now is not time to look back.. But to move on...

Actually Alycia has been a good gal.. The most I have to coax her from 8.30 till 10plus.. And she'll sleep thru the nite. For her next feed at 6-7am.

I dun even dare tell my mum that I dun have to feed her during midnite.. She'll probably thinks that my child is sick.

bam > wah, ur bb is a gd gal leh. Knw whn to sty awak n whn to slp. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] haha, i tink if u share w ur mum tat bb cn slp thro the nite, she wil probably sy u brin her out too often n she is tired out liao. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] elderly.. Thy cn always link everything tat happens to bb something. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ueno, me also brought alethea for a movie, watched rapunzel [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] she slept through the whole thing and I slept through one-third. Haha. Too tired. Cant be helped cos older boys wanted to go movies so had to bring them.

Bam, me thinks its ok for BB to go out after one month. In fact before alethea is one month, I brought her out cos had to bring boys for holiday skate class. And now we're at port Dickson. I brought my two elder ones up this way, go traveling and all. Now they're very adaptable and sociable kids, think I'll maintain this formula. I think cannot be overprotective of them. If not,will get sick more easily in future cos immunity not built up.

piggy > my fren who pump exclusively for more than a yr tld me tat such things cn happen if the suction is too strong. Mayb try reducin it? N dont pump for too long? I pump for 15mins n max is 30mins. Mayb also let the breasts rest for awhile 1st? If problem persists, cn call LC for adv?

sharon > tot i saw ur message on gatherin at ur pl on 7th jan? I m ok w the date. It wil b my 1st time bringin bb out on my own. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] is it gona b a pot luck? Thn i gotta tink wat i shld brin liao. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bam, seems like he digested everything. No overfeed problem.

At least now he seldom poop in his sleep but has to change his diaper n pj once coz always leaked when too much pee.

Haiz.. Early morning so many things to do..

After CL bath bb I tried to massage bb.. So I close all window n off aircon.. Then I change bb, bb kept crying and it took awhile for bb to get to sleep, then MIL come back, come into the room say cannot always on aircon must open windown let the air come in.. Bo tai Bo zi kena say.. She everyday not home of cos don't see me open the window.. Then we stay shop house sometime the car outside horn or so will wake bb lor.. After mil open windows she go out to eat and bb was woken twice.. And I have to deal with it.. Just wanna Rant!!!

Nana> if i am not wrong, bb can start travelling on flight from day 7 (as can buy air ticket) but of course maybe the bb ears might feel uncomfortable on flight landing/taking off etc. i used to have a boss who brought his bb back on flight in less than 1mth old (but bb is ang mo mixed jap), my mgr was jap so think they are non believers of confinement etc. my friend also brought bb on flight during 2mths, i'm bringing mine on 3rd mth back to Sin for CNY.

Argh!! Few days ago I tried using nappy cos my friend gave me like 50pcs so I don't want to waste it.. But it was diff to use so I gave up after using 3 pcs.. My MIL knows I used nappy hen the next day she went JB bought 2 packets of Tesco diapers tell me to use that better than using nappy.. In my heart I was thinking that I wanted to try out see if it's easy to use not because I no money to buy diaper so I use! Then today te Tesco brand leaked twice this morning so hubby told me to let MIL know n he will talk to her again cos hubby don't want to use Tesco.. Then I told my mil, her reply to me was "oh he pee alot hor, if use nappy even worse!" wah lau! She just keep saying abt nappy.. What's wrong with her???

Nana,

i brought #1 on flight when he was 4 mths. No problem at all. During take off n landing,u can nurse her to help relieve air pressure.

Blanche: I think so too. I wanted to defend by quoting myself and my brother. She gave me too my nanny to look after when I was an infant. Jus before my full month. And she looks after my brother on her own. But my brother is not sociable as me. He always lock himself in the room. When he's young.. My brother only knows how to watch tv and play computer. Where as for me... I like to travel about and dun like to be kept at home. But I cannot use this example.. She'll be even unhappier and will end up worse.

chris, thanks for advice. I pumped again today.. so far so gd, no more blood.

My lousy avent pump cannot adjust suction power one.. can only adjust speed. I am putting it at a low low speed liao. Hopefully I don't have to give up pumping just like that.

Jen – my bb nd to be in yao lan or we have to carry her till she is in deep sleep then we k put her to sleep in d cot else she will wake up.

Piggydog: i got the same problem. but that's a onli one pump on one breast so i just threw away that pump and wait till next pump. Try applying some nipple cream to ease it or ur own milk to smoothe it. Hope this helps.

MY STUPID CONFINEMENT AUNTIE keep telling me that my Boi LS. I REALLI CANT STAND HER. She just simply do not understand that TBF babies' poo poo are like tat. I wanted to ask her if realli LS means the food u cook also got problem. STUPID WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

West Mummies Gathering: 7 Jan 2011. So far me. Ueno n chris are ok. Need more replies so that i can start planning some food???

anyone staying north east area ...esp sengkang. any recommendation of PD ? i have enuff crap from my PD's clinic esp the nurse. Went down to the clinic yesterday they say i come too late clinic close..ask me to come today and i asked can i make appointment and she say no need just walk in...and guess what i walk in just now another nurse tell me...you dun have appointment cannot see ..then i told her off your staff nurse tell me can... then she said what that nurse meant was 8-10am to walk in get queue number and have to wait at least 5hrs - 7hrs before can see PD .after 10am they will only entertain those who made appointment ...i told her off i tried to make appt yesterday and your guys tell me diff things...and i said i going to change PD ..and she said ok..kaoz...

PTB, did u go to kids clinic at rivervale mall? i went ytd n waited for 6 hrs....luckily i stay nearby, could go hm first....i oso dun like the nurse, nt gg bk there again.

Hi mummies,

Would like to check if there are any sahm or wahm here?

I'm thinking of becoming sahm or rather wahm.

My situation is like this now. I've an elder boy who is looked after by nanny. But we realized that he is very spoiled and pampered by her. Initally I had planned to let her care for my no2 as well and agreed to pay her $1k to care for two

And our maid to go over to help as well. But judging from

The way she cared for no1, even my mom felt that nanny won't be able to cope as she had already give in too

Much to no1. My maid is too new and slow to be able to cope with 2 so no way to let her care for both.

My mil also suggested to my Hb ( not me) that she can help to care for 1 so that I dun have to pay my nanny so much. Later on I realized that she will likely run out to do errands and she doesn't feel that leaving both kids with maid is unsafe or that maid wont be able to cope. ( my elder boy is in terrible two stage and he doesn't really want the maid).

So now I'm thinking of becoming a sahm to look after both

kids ( one is 21 mths and no2 is almost 2 mths old) cos I'm not very happy with nanny's pampering, dun feel safe and dun agree with mil's way of child rearing.

I dun have job satisfaction for my current day job though the pay is ok to get by but not fantastic at all.

I'm planning to continue my freelance/ sidelines while being a sahm and after no2 turns 1 yr old or older I planned to work part time half day while no1 goes to half day school.

Does anyone knows if we will still be entitled to the working mother's subsidy from govt if We were to work part time?

whitecookies, 6hrs waiting? u got make appoitment? i also bring my bb go kids clinic at rivervale mall, with appt need to wait around 45mins..nurse ok but nt going back too coz far 4 me..then where ur bb take 6 in 1 jab??

strawberrys79, part time get subsidy too but lesser, that was what my friend told me

I'm a sahm.. at leaset for the first 6 months.. still considering if i'll go back to my previous job.. pay was good but i will miss out alot on my bb.. which i really dont wish to.. got myself a housing agent lic when I was pregnant, so I can do part-time property in future.. and now I'm doing some online business, started BP to earn pocket money for myself..

whitecookie you waited for 6hrs woah I dun think I have the practice I find it ridiculous of having to wait so long. What happen if emergency or the kid is really sick and uncomfortable. The long waiting hr will definitely make them worst. I am going to look for other pd. My 1st appointment with them I waited around an hr and barely 10mins I am out.

Seriously the nurses and the long waiting hrs are making me seek for other pd

West Mummies Gathering: 7 Jan 2011. So far me. Ueno, Faye n Chris are ok. Need more replies so that i can start planning some food???

I don't mind joining on 7th but I dun think I can bring food.. Cos will be alone then have to handle bb.. But I can share cost.. Let me know time n place..

Hi,

If you are using contact lens of -7.50 degree, and interested in daily disposable contact lens, pls contact me at [email protected]

I have two boxes of Acuvue for sale and price is negotiable.

Expiry date 2012 & 2013

Thank you!

West gathering: 7 Jan 2011 @ 12pm?

Food wise:

Sharon - Drinks

Jen - BBQ Chicken Wing

West mummies: do u prefer to share cost or can order to my place? if ordering to my place mind if i take ur msn and email add so that i can send a private mail to give u gals my addy and food list so as not to flood this thread.

Back