(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

I'm gg to chalet on 31st dec and I have yet to tell my mum.. If I tell her.. She's gonna scream at me. I'm the mother. Why can't I bring my baby out? Why can't I deceide for my baby?

Hi Gwen, I am a Punggol mummy bnut my baby only 15 days old today, I can't bring her out yet.

Bam, I understand what u mean... Since my 2 weeks confinement I already left my bb with CL at home (I lock up my valuables) then I go out with friends or go Giant to buy things. Just have to give some trust and take some risk. But I don't dare to mention in front of my mum or my in laws else wait become big issue. And so far it has been ok.

Faye, ML> guess all our hubbies all eager to BD after so long...

Chloe Goh> ic. so at least i know now "safe" to BD haa..

ML> ya bought the pump from megababystore but my FIL not back from Sin yet, so i havent see it. hope it's good! i also bought many spare accessories not sure if my FIL able to bring all back.

Bluesoda: I give my BB one mouthful of water after feed if I give FM but no water if that feed is EBM. I think should be fine to give water as long as it is not too much that BB become full. For me to giver water after FM is more like to clean his mouth cos I find that FM will leave a thick white stain on his tongue. But hor my BB dun like water, will give me a yucky face and puke out the water. Sometime he even cough just so that we will stop feeding him the water. Abit worry that he next time wont drink any water.

BLuesoda,i feed my bb water as he is on FM. Normally i feed him as n when he wail for milk and time is not up yet. i feed 1 to 2 OZ.

I fd my BB w water too since nw is on FM. Bt if TBF, I don't giv water, cos BM vry watery leh. I giv water in bwteen feeds if he wakes up. He loves water...or mayb he loves anything tat we giv him to suckle....haha..:p

Bluesoda,

I'm oso 1st time mum n only hub n me taking care of her. I can understand your stress n frustration n worries. we can help each other n share some pointers. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I oso feed bb with fm, but i din feed her water. I will clean her tongue twice daily to clear the milk stain.

Ahko80> u r rite. I feel so much better everytime I login to SMH forum coz I'm nt alone facing with all these frustration.

Yesterday I din feed much water to my bb, I realized she din poo alot. So I gave her slightly more water after feeding FM.

She poo alot! Haha

Bluesoda, I feed bb with water when she hidcups and also I mix water with gripe water, ard 30ml. My bb love water, in fact she love anything in bottle... haha.

Bam: I totally understand your frustration. When my bb cry or not sleeping, my mum can surely link it to something somewhere even not related. That time my bb's eyes wide open ard 9pm++ when she is ard, know wat my mum said? "see, last time when you pregnant ask you not to work so late everyday now bb so late already still cant sleep and very active at nite le." ... i was like what the heck... where got link at all. I told her off and ask her for scientific proof if there's a link. I think they xiao one, bb not well abit, not sleeping or crying etc comes out with 101 reasons that doesn't relate at all.

bb sleeping: Can I check does your bb sleep on its own (i.e. leaves bb at cot and fall asleep on its own) or you need to soothe / pat bb to sleep everytime?

Sharon: Since your house is open for gathering, why dont you set a date which is convenient for us to go to your place?

Jewel: So nice your bb love anything in bottle.. haha. How's your bb already? better already?

Jen: i will try polyclinic then. But a bit heartpain to see them prick him. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hammiebao: i tried but i thot its still yellowish but hubby said its ok dunno whether isit just me being sensitive.

Chris: i feed my bb with water too even though i am on TBF. When feeding time is not due yet i will just feed a bit of water to satisfy him first. But i do hear from my parents as well as CL that FM are more heaty need more water. My Boi was on FM for 2 days and his POO was hard like rock.

West Mummies gathering: if i set the gathering on 7th Jan 2011 is everyone ok?

BB reflux problem, recently my bb also have this problem, started like 2 days ago.. at first cos I tot my milk flow too fast.. but now he still has the porblem..so this will happen even after burping? cos my CL always say bb reflux cos I nv burp properly..

Milk Rash.

any mummies experience this on ur bb's face? my bb got it and its like getting more n more, i tried to wipe his face after every feed and I apple Calendula cream for him but the rash still there.. looks like pimple one

Jen: better... But still cry at nite but shorter duration, maybe 2-3 hrs. My bb hardly can sleep on her own, unless she damn tired, she needs to be carried to sleep first b4 I put her in the cot... Haiz. N she's not light hor... Imagine sometimes carry for a few hrs, back n hand ache.

ueno: wah so fast ..ur bb very guai kind is it? so envy u, u like so mobile one... can go here and there.

Jewel: Good to hear she is better le, so after few days of testing, have you managed to narrow down the cause already? Mine only 4kg like dat my arms already damn tired soothing him to sleep i cant imagine when my bb grows better.

Ashgray: Yes, they do sell but different sizes one.

Jus I heard my parent's vehicle.. I told Alycia.. Mama sure ask u sleep. Indeed. She steps in and say.. Why no sleep?

So I transfer her from the bouncer to sofa.. Then bb cry.. And my mum says.. Cannot carry!! Ownself sleep!! I look at Alycia helplessly.. Then my mum start patting her with her still lying on the sofa.. But she still crys.. Then my mum carry her and says... Everyday go out!! Now wan every time carry!! Naughty gal! Beat beat u! Sleep!!

I'm Like.. #^^*+%,}}|\ u dun even understand the child's needs!!

Jewel: that's good. My bb refuse to be bottled fed his ebm or fm if the temperature is not right. Headache. Tdy another new pattern comes out. He wail n wants to be carried when he's in the stroller...... Cham!

Hammiebao: my bb hav those pimply rash on his face n body. It will go away. Its their body releasingtoxic. I am applying california calendula cream too.

Hi bam, relax, just take a de breath and try to ignore. Take it as she being concerned abt bb well being. We also dun feel too worked up, bad for us and milk supply!

Actuallly, I dun bring bb out in the evening and will reach home by 9pm during ts first 100days. I believe that they are still in between worlds and are still sensitive to the other worlds during this period. Have had some experiences before hence better to play safe rather than sorry. Heh.

Ladies - this BD term so interesting, where and how did that term come abt? My hubby also.house monk cos he had psychological issues abt bd during preggie. Heh, now he want action but i told him need to get me into bd mood leh, so tired fr day care Liao need to build up for night care too. Haha

Jen,

sometimes after nursing my bb still awake, il leave him to settle in himself. No patting or carrying. Yup he's a good baby. We finished the movie w him sleeping throughout. # 1 wants to watch so the whole gang follows.

Cherrie,

hb myself #1 n bb. 4 of us. It's the easiest time now cos they just eat n sleep.

ueno, the bb so small. are they allow entry for the movie?

And mummies,now if u bring bb out,do u carry them on hand or put them in car seat?

i carry my bb on hand and notice that he cry big time when on the road.Wonder will it be beta to place him in the car seat?

Re milk rash

my bb has milk rash. I also dunno wat to apply on her to remove the rash. Yes is like small pimple on her face

Chloe, u mean when traveling in the car? Always in car seat. Otherwise bb used ti being out if car seat will be difficult to train back. Mine always sleep in the car seat though.

yup yup Velvet, i mean travelling in car.Hmm if tat the case,i tink its time for me to intro him to the car seat..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

Wanna ask for catering, normally order how many % ar? Anyone tried Rasel before? How's the portion? Angeli fully booked.. Meihao99 only has Xmas menu.. Still deciding..

Long time never come into forum to read. So much has happen.

My mom is here for a visit and I extend her stay till early next mth before she goes back home town. Now with me mommy ard, I can 'throw' bb to her to take care during day time. *HAPPY*

Earlier went to check out the infant care, me going back to work in Jan. WAHHHH... not cheap leh even it's after govt subsidy. Anyone intending to send their bb to infant care?

Baby Dance

Hahaha... i was wondering de same thing too. When can do? My mom says have to abstain for 100days or else lil' brother may get stuck inside!!! I wonder how true :p Me c-sect but exterior wound all heal up, no keloid just a red line. But I'm still having staining off and on and it's been 8 weeks since i gave birth. Next gynae check-up (pap-smear) is end of this mth, hopefully can get green light for BD [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Milk Rash / Pimple with Pus

My bb used to have a lot on his face, neck, ear - all clustered & with pus. Went to see paed and got some cream to apply. Was also given cetaphil to wash his face. On my own, every 2-3 hrs I use boiled water or Avene thermal water to wipe his face using cotton ball. Cetaphil can buy frm Guardian or Watson.

Ueno, salute u for bring bb to go watch movie. I dun dare in case bb cry in de cinema or forbid frm going in. But I bought bb out on my own many times. Kinda fun [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I jus breakdown!!

I was feeding bb and she's still crying thou the milk is already on her mouth. Then I keep shouting!! Stop crying else Yr mama thinks something is wrong with u.. And u cannot go out anymore!! She cries even louder! Then my mum carried her over and says... Told u baby dun bring them out..

Ok! She's jus gonna stay at home! If that's wat she wants.. I'm not gonna bring her anywhere snymore!

Jen: I dun dare to try so I just give FM, nitemare having to deal with her wail for 6 hrs. Anyway, I surrender on BM liao. Im happier with FM, less diapers to change, less washing, no need to wake up to pump :p Anyway, my BM is also v little after I got fever.

OrangeBB: oh, my bb aso same, she dun really like pram. She will sit there & we'll push the pram but if pram become stationary she will start to be restless & cry to be carried. End up my hub push the empty pram, I carry her lo... haiz.

Its every parents wish tat bb can self entertain themselves... & can put themselves to sleep. But unfortunately not every child is so "hao dai" (easy to bring up). Evry child is diff.

bam> tak it easy. I believe bb cn sense our feelin. So if we brk dwn or feel insecure, thy wil also feel unwell. Try to control whn bb is ard, though its always easier said than done. Tok to ur mum whn bb nt ard? C if cn compromise? Haiz, for me i wish i hv my mum w me to tak care of bb. Bt my mum has gt her hands tied w my 2 nephews. So in a way u r lucky lor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] cheer up!

Bam: take it easier...i agree with Chris. BB can sense our insecurity. Talk to BB more u will be surprise they can understand de.... talk to ur hubby if possible n get some comfort or just grumble... was told by mummy tat during confinement not suppose to cry though i breakdown too. so try to control. JIAYOU!!!

got bullied by my bb just now. was changing a new diaper for her, then she peed n wet her body n changing area, haiz.... got to clean up her all over again. scolded her just now n she cried feeling bad [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

my frustration built up since this morning 2am, she din sleep well from 2am n woke up every hr till 7am.

looks like i need anger management.

bam, hugss.. cheers up k. try to talk to ur mom about ur feelings?

jewel, yea, agree that each bb is different. mama is really wei da.

Hammiebao - I used four seasons not bad. U wan try? I catered abt 80% of RSVP but ordered some additional side orders.

Bam - don get too stress over the remarks. Cool down and do wat u tik is best.

mummies, my 15 old baby has a little cough and seems like she caught a cold. CL asked me to get this thing from medical hall called "Bao(3) Ying(4) Dan(1)". That is hanyu pinyin with the sound....I ignored her for a while but also scared baby gets worse....

anyone tried that before? She says its powder form and to mix with some water for baby to drink.

Bam> when yr mum coming to yr house till everyday? is it till when u go back to work after ML? its sad yr mum put the words in this way but maybe she dont mean it like that. maybe bb didnt sleep well in the day thus gets cranky? or like what u said, u give up, stay at home then if bb still cries then u can say its not yr fault. dont get too stress. come into forum to "de-stress"

Hpc, my CL also told mr to buy.. But I won't get it now.. If pd doesn't prescribe med for infant, I don't think it's really good idea to let bb take TCM cos bb digestion system not well develop yet and sometimes TCM can be quite strong.. That's what I feel lah.. But the older Generation will say that's how we grow up..

My bb might have colic.. Started yesterday, bb cry very badly from 8+ pm till 9+.. He will be pacified for awhile then started screaming again! That really driving me crazy..

Chloe,

they didn't stop me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]) I guess if bb is quiet then should be ok. I put him in a carrier n he slept through the movie. I chose the timing which fits his sleeping time. #1 wants to watch the movie w the whole family so got to follow

My bb fed 12x since midnight n he pooped 6x. Now his butt is red. Wondering if it's diarrhea?

The new food today I ate is fried carrot cake n avocado. Can anyone advise ?

HPC, i purchase the bo ying dan frm EYS at $16.10. And was advise by the sinseh to feed onli 1 finger tip of amt to bb.i apply the powder on bb upper gum and follow by h2o. I use once only and chunk the whole box aside. And end up,i bring bb to KK hospital.

hammiebao- did u get ridwind or gripe h2o to standby. if during urgent need,i noe KK hospital has a 24 hrs pharmacy in their children A&E section that sells ridwind off the shelf.

being a FTM,i didnt noe that they haf it off the shelf,end up i paid $85 to see the doc and was given the ridwind med which can be purchase for like $5 plus only.

Ueno,hmm u r lucky to have a good baby and the loudy banging noise frm the movie didnt wake bb up.haha i dun tink i m daring enff to bring him out,not to say a moive. Peifu u!

I fed my bb bao ying dan 2x in a week after full month. Each time is half a bottle & I bought mine frm Eu Yan Sang. I find it gud as it put colic at bay & it also sort of work as supplement & calm my bb coz he gets startle easily.

Back