(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

thanks jewel ..must mental prepare the thread removing session haha.... i walk alot but CL and hb and mom kept ask me rest haiz...

chloe for me only day 8 cannot sleep side way leh

feed: my boy now almost 3 weeks takes about 80-90ml. On rare occasions he ask for 100-110ml. But we try not to let him do tat as we realised his tummy will bloat up from indigestion. CL told me cannot overfeed. But it does sounds a lot taking 6oz at each feed. Yes elders like chubbier babies, but personally i prefer to have a healthy bb then have an overweight one at such young age.

confinement food: my breakfast usually i eat glutinous rice with red bean and longans. CL says its good for breastfeeding. I dun really bother what am i eating cos i dun quite enjoy what i have now hahaha. So just dun think too much, just eat lah.

daddy cutting umbilical cord: yup, my hub was given the chance, and can see he was trying his best to hold the scissors steady haha..FTD mah. I think its a good experience for daddies and make them feel involved in the process.

drinking milk: my boy needs to burp 1-2 times during feed , if not sure merlion...sometimes i dun agree with my CL too. Cos at times i felt my boy had enuf milk, she will make sures he finishes it, then after which he will find it hard to burp then he merlion. Sian. Just waiting for my "house arrest" to end on 4dec..then i can look after my boy the way i want it to.

MIL: yesterday my MIL just came to my house and commented that I still look fat. Goodness..so hurting and rude. I already lost 70% of my pregnancy weight. Left 3.5kg to go, I still fat meh..so direct and demoralising. Sigh!

PTB - after c sect,i feel like a baby,learning how to turn n slp side way,how to get of of the bed blah blah. to slp sideway,for the 1st few try,tug a pillow behind ur back for support.

And my wound is black in colour.but heeling well,no discharge nth. Normal for the wound to be black in colour?

yah chloe totally agreed...have to learn how to turn, get out of bed ...go toilet .. sit etc... i did not put any pillow cos not making me feel any better ...guess i have bear with it ...until i can turn and sleep on my tummy...cant wait for that day to come hehehe...

so long no discharge from wound should be good news right ?

Yalor Shan, we did told him tat hb cut the cord and he too nvr ask on tat day. Simply don't care. I Don knw hw good is his stitching though. I'm still feeling the once awhile pain. Don't knw hw many days it will take to heal? I'm day6 from deliver le

My CL was stealg my tissue paper, c w my own eyes but I din say anytin. Dunno wat else she steal. replacement is gg to come on thur, I intend to gv $10 angbao.

Chloe: I got the sterile gauze from tmc after attending their bathing course during my stay at the hospital. But the current Cl that we have uses the burp cloth which is v soft. The Cl cleans every morning though I remember the instructor said once in awhile.

Shan: steal tissue paper of all things? Will she steal your herbs too? My first Cl who was v good opened her bags for us to check on her last day but we didn't check.

I think dr Adrian is too swift

tat even if I request he forgotten bah. For #1 we don request but my gynea she asked my hubby to "jiAn cai".

Mrs lee his stitch is consider gd lo.

They say shd tk 2wks to heal. My case got infection diff lo. Slower.

Ptb, surf..my boy r so much smaller compared to u all.. He's only 3.04kg lo.. 2 wk lidat CL gv him 4oz, nw up to 6oz.

Cherrie I suspect got. But I hv no

knowledge of herbs. I only know her soup alwAys taste bland.

I v sway! Sigh..

I still rembr first 2 days she went mktg, spent $70

for

1 day food dunno wat she buy. She better go

earlier since she got "pickg" habit . Heng i decided

to change. Sucks service of PEm confinement! I

gg to

Mk noise.

Bam u sound stressed... Try to calm

down...

$70 for one day of marketing? What did she buy? Cod fish? That's not little considering it's only for one day. My Cl doesn't go out for marketing. Either my mum or mil will buy according to her requests.

That day the previous Cl sat down and chit chatted with us. She told us her customer once caught a Cl feeding msg to the baby so that he will get thirsty and drinks his milk faster! Vvv bad!

OMG! Feed MSG to baby! That's terrible! Poor baby...

Shan, steal tissue paper? Sounds like my first maid. Always take my tissue paper...dunno for wat. It could be that she's bored. But nonetheless, it's a bad habit...

shan, your boy still not the smallest... i think mine is ... 3.1kg at week 3 now he was 2.3kg at birth. hehe.. he is drinking like 80 - 90ml now.

Just went to polyclinic to do the jaundice check again... ya..hoo... he is cleared of jaundice le. Hope those bb with jaundice will be clear soon too.

confinement food: yap.. i eat until very sian too.. my CL cooks quite ok ..but every thing like taste the same cos of the ginger and seseme oil. Same with shan i dont eat breakfast

ML: Yes, my bb recently will sound like he is clearing his throat when he is drinking milk and sometimes he will vomit those thick thick saliva. Went to polyclinic this morning and ask the doc abt it, he said it is fine as long as the bb is drinking after that.

shan...of all the time she steal tissue paper...weird pple...

and yah my boy abit bigger and his consumption is increasing by the day

shan: my CL spent $70-$100 for 5-7days of food ... think it's gd riddance tat yr CL is going off. Hope next one is gd.

clean bb tongue: some ppl give a little water to flush down the milk.

Ange: heard massage does help or in worst case have to operate. Did you carry heavy things or squat a lot?

PTB,i suppose no discharge is good news.Anyway goin back for gynae checkup 2 wks later.

Oh thanks mummies. WIll use his hankerchief to do the cleaning. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I need to vent before I slip into post-natal depression mode.

Re: MIL

My lil' girl has been having runny nose and mucus for the past few days and all my MIL does is to NAG NAG NAG all day about the baby sleeping in aircon room with us. Reason y we are always in aircon room is because we live in the ground floor. My room faces the road and its too dusty to open the windows. My house has 2 doggies and its almost impossible for me to leave the room door open cos the dogs will sneak in which will make her nasal congestion worse. So usually I will on the aircon and off it once the room is cooler. And best of all, I mentioned about installing a wall fan in our room to my HB before bb was born and he ignored me! I knew this would happen eventually!! I told them its normal for babies to have cold or runny nose, we just need to monitor and bring her to PD if she doesn't get better or she gets worse.

So she went to call my HB and nag nag nag again...then my HB called me and nag nag nag back at me...said I should think of the baby! NOW all the fxxx that I do these days is to think about the baby....I am the one waking up in the middle of the night minding the baby while the rest of the family snores through the night. I couldnt get a CL cos my MIL said that there is no room for another person in the house....so dun come pointing the finger at me when things go wrong! I am only human and not a robot...At the rate things are going, she will prob kill me first before i start to kill myself. NAG NAG NAG!!!! arrrgghhh

Omg cherrie! Tats an evil CL!

Ya maybe she stole othe things oso so happen I saw tat..

She took the tissue box then took out a thick stack & put into her ziplock bag n was flatten it whn u walk it, her back faced me I can sensed she was startled by me.

Jewel, u can tahan $70 per day? We can't juz 2 days I almost faint, I tot 2nd day b better gv her $50 then she come back say nt engf she used her $20 first.. Aft tat I asked my hubby & MIL to buy 1 week food to keepin fridge.

I realy sway such a bad encounter w CL, somemore 2.1k so ex!

Surf: bellybandit at mothercare is $129.90

Mrs Lee: i still havent express. Ive been latching all this while. Sore nipple is still bearable. When feel engorge i massage first. Now my CL is here, my timing n rest will b better. Prior to this bb i take care bb at nite n he don really sleep at nite. Daytime i nap very a while coz hot cant sleep well, then hav to entertain MIL a bit. Now CL is here, they r busy tokingoutside. P.e.a.c.e

BB will sleep w CL at living room coz all my rooms no flourecent white light. BB looks yellow today thats y she say she will sleep w light on. Hmmm....

Btw my massage lady say after pee n clean up, i can use hair dryer to dry V area a bit. My stitch hurts tdy. Think i exerted it ystd. Now i cant even sit down. =(

JanO: i also not sure. Mayb it was some impt check up

Cloe: i bought the cloth to squeeze coconut milk, to cut into small pieces to clean bb tongue but so far we havent start using yet.

Shan: I meant $70 worth of food to cook for 5-7 days... $70/day of food is too much, best find someone to go with CL during marketing, dun give them the $ to go themselves. You wont know if they makan the $ since she can steal tissue.

Whitecookies: poor thing... ppl closest to us give us the worst stress, they think giving birth is so easy & take us for granted. Hope yr bb gets well soon.

Whitecookies, relax try calm down. I know hw these mil can kill us. I almost went crazy when she's only here for 4hrs on my first day of discharge! And eveything she did keep coming back to haunt me when hb told me she's coming on the day12! So I know hw u feel. Try talk to ur hb and seek his support ya.

Bam, relax ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I feel like such a bad mommy.

Whenever I carry the baby, the baby never settles....

Not to mention that coz I had strep B during delivery, she runs the risk of getting some disease if I'm not observant enough. How?

Hi,

Congrats to all mummies who has given birth.

I also gave birth to my 3rd Baby Gal on 1st Nov 2010.

Birth Weight :3.6KG

Height : 50CM

Please help to update.

Now counting down to my confinement. 7 Days to go.. Hee. Dun like confinement.

Whim : I also has streP b. I was given antibotics before delivery. This is to prevent baby from getting it during normal delivery.

Yr doc didnt ask the delivery suit nurse to give u antibotics for Strep B during delivery?

Dun feel bad... Take things slowly and relax. If u are too tense up baby will feel it.

i jus came back from dr visit.

i bring bb to the dr in woodlands for 2nd opinion.

later i'll post her video on FB about her weird that she has been making.

My mum and godma is driving me crazy.

All they can blame is my dog.

Intially, my mum keep nagging say dun on aircon.

Fine. I dun on aircon. i on fan.

Then she says fan speed too high.. F&*K adult dun have to sleep lah if so warm.

Plus bb has been perspiring if too warm.

then now with this weird sound she is making.. she says my dog.

Say dun keep the dog and the bb in the same room

PLEASE.

I have been neglecting my dog a big time and i already feel very bad. Why must blame it on the dog.

My bb like that i also very heart ache but must the dog be the reason??

Damn! In order to satisfy her.. i went to see doc again for 2nd opionion and i bring bb to baby bear children clinic at Woodlands.

And i recorded to show the doc. Doc seen liao says its bb throat muscle weak. Referring me to KK ENT to confirm. But he also mention that there is nothing is can be done. Have to wait until bb is 1 yrs or 2 yrs old and it will go off.

Best thing! My godma asked doc this question.

Has it got to do with dogs that bb is like that.

Doc says nothing to do with bb, and it's okie for bb at this age to be near to dog! it does not affect.

I hope this shut their mouth forever!!!!!

Bam: u sound super stress w their comments! Hopefully after the doc tell them u will finally have peace. Btw my dog sleep same room as me, hubby n #1 since birth..I did my research n it says tt kids who grow up w pets have lower allergies risk! important to find out this stuff n tell the skeptics..cuz almost everyone I knew asked if we were going to give away our precious doggy when I was 1st pregnant.. My inlaws were especially worried cuz my hubby has bad asthma history

Am still in hospital nw cuz bb has jaundice... She's in a uv bed rooming in w me so I can keep bf her since my milk has come in.. b4 this she was in the nursery so I could rest other than when they brought her in for feeds. Hoping N praying i will b ok tonight to take care of her on my own cuz my wound suddenly hurting more after I took some confinement food brought fr home.. Think my clots starting to come out again! also got a cough, dunno if it's fr my son, so stiches hurt when I cough too much! Thank god for painkillers!!!

to All mummies stressed by cl,mil,mum etc etc:

take it one day at a time! Confinement period won't last forever n once it's over, it's then all ur call bout how to handle bb! Maybe more stressful to have too many ' helpers' who just end up doing things their own way w our child [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] remember t everyone is entitled to their opinion but at the end of the day we r the bb's PARENTS n we r the ones tt will make those major childcare decisions n end up having to deal w the consequences too

Koori: Mine is drinking at that range as well. sometimes 80ml - 100 ml can last her 3 hrs.

Doc told me for my case don't have to follow guide line, cos her system more unqiue. As long as she is full. dun feed. Just follow her demand.

Wahaha! At first CL say she would like to sleep in livingroom due to flourecent light will help w bb jaundice. But bcoz MIL still ard n wants to sleep over tonite ( in living room), CL sleep in the bb room (yellow light). I think CL tired of MIL n decide to rather sleep w maid n baby. Ok i am mean... Ops

Does contraction always cone with pain? Somehow I can feel my lower tummy contracts but no pain leh.. Is it contraction?

lilyn, wat u say truly make sense!! will remember tat..

hammiebao, urs sounds like BH. ur tummy harden quite long liao rite, i tink its abt time.. woo!

Jewel, im very careful not to carry heavy stuff n absolutely no squatting. Moreover, doing those 2 taboos will cause womb to sag. What im experiencing rite now is loose pelvic... I cant stop urine flow whenni squeeze dwn there during action. Seems like mummies who gv birth naturally dun hv this prob except me.

help! I m havin engorement n bb seems to b unable to suck much out. Try to pump also nt vry successful. Nt enough milk comin out. Nt even 10ml! Bb nt havin enough milk. Bb alrdy 4 days old. Hw?

OrangeBB, ur CL is right though. Flourescent light will help jaundice. That's what my gal's PD said also.

Chris, have you tried hot compression? It helps to relieve engorgement and get the milk flowing...bb seems unable to suck probably coz bb finds it too hard. So have to 'lun' and massage boobs hard and use hot compression.

Hi mummies,

Up and pumping now! So tired that even alarm clock couldn't get me up. Bb is the one that woke me up! Started the breastpump working while feeding him on lap. Hehee. So two stuff at once. Can save more time for zzz

Now still pumping, would like to know how long do u pump for? I will pump around 20 to 30 mins and then hand express for 10 - 20 mins. Is it too long? I can hand express another 40ml out.

Would like to know if can do gel nails and rebonding for hair during bf-ing? I'm thinking of doing gel nails leh. Any mummies done before?

hi strawberry I'm up for pumping too. I normal pump 20mins each side with a single pump. Too time consuming already going to get a dual pump hoping to cut down time.

And woah u can pump and feed at same time

Chris tmc teaches cold cabbage compression they say hot compression is bad dun remember the reason . Did u massage before pumping? It helps for me

Hello mummies

Me also feeding and pumping at the same time. So tired

Chris

Got try massaging? Must massage really hard. Instead of hot towel get a bottle filled with hot water ( don't burn yourself) and roll over your breast. The bottle retains heat better. 4 days old should top up with abt 30 ml of fm.

Me also up and just finished pumping [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hey ML and Strawberry

U mummies latch and pump at the same time? wah

Piggydog

Now the OSIM promo no more right? Hv asked my ML to buy the binder for me. She said costs about $30, said looks like OSIM type. Dunno if she wanna earn my $$. Wah, girdle for $5?! Is the girdle like those panty type or a binder too?

Yawn.... sleeping again, waking up later at 5am for the next pump. Hubby happily snoring away now. Everytime wake up, will ask myself why I am putting myself thru this. Sigh....

Surf

No lah. I express out to feed. My boy too impatient to latch.

Lol. Sometimes I think so too. Haha. But I think this is the easy part.

Chris: my suggestion is if you plan to bf for awhile, it's too early to supplement with fm. Hot compression plus letting bb latch are the best method to relieve the engorgement. According to lc, its not engorgement yet, 4 days only, it's actually milk bags filling up so hot compression will help soften it and allow milk flow to start. Do you have ml? Ask her to "open your milk ducts". Knead your breast after hot compression and massage nipple also. Squeeze and unclogged ducts.

Ptb/Chris: fyi, be careful with the use of cabbage because it will cease milk supply. Cold compression is for reducing swell and if you want to stimulate milk flow, it has to be hot compression.

Mrs_Lee, normally I only have BH at my upper tummy, this is the first time at lower tummy.. Feeling weird..

Bb still don't wanna come out.. Haiz.. Seems like I have to spend Xmas having confinement!!! Better decorate my house haha.. Anyway had a little blood with discharge this afternoon.. Hope bb will come out soon!!!!

Back