(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

me just finish feeding and pumping too.

Change b diapers as leaked. Pureen sucks big time.

Leaked pee twice liao.

My bb gal has not poo for 1 day liao.. Worry.. Dunno how.. Keep telling her.. Bb must poo hor. if not tummy ache ache. but still she only fart and her farts smells big time.

Doc asked me what formula i'm feeding and i'm feeding similac. i'm thinking of changing to Nan 1.

May I know mummies feeding formula milk. Which one you are feeding now?

Baby insurance,

I only know that for the Aviva hospitalization plan, if both parents are under that plan, the children will be protected Free till don't know 18 or 21 years old.. Quite worth it cos most of the hospitalization plan are more or less the same.. Since this protect bb for free then why not? Haha.. It's paid by medisave but rider have to be paid by cash.. That's all I know about insurance..

If anyone interested to get the plan and has no friends as insurance agent.. Please let me know!! Haha.. hubby just started to work as financial planner and he's planning hard for our 1st bb too.. Sorry just to advertise abit..

Hi surf,

Bb hk wakes up for milk and I'm kinda engorged plus it's time for pumping.

No I dun latch and pump at same time. I use handsfree strap to pump and then I place bb hk on lap to feed fm. For night I feed fm cos he's impatient and can't wait for ebm to heat up. Its too much hassle and im too groggy to walk the distance to my fridge for the ebm. He'll wake the whole block If I let

him wait a while for milk!

My Hb also sleeps like a log and so far dun think he has ever helped me feed my no 1. I wake up for night feeds for my no1 til he's 1 yr old. Then recently he wakes up for 1 feed. My maid now makes the milk for no 1 . Luckily I still have the maid cos my Hb also too busy working to help with

Our children and housework. He also too 'pampered' by my mil who does everything for him.

When I look at my Hb I know what I'm in for... So I'm kinda prepared to have to do everything myself and that's why I know I need a maid with no2. But of cos I still robe in Hb for small tasks like accompany no1 to bed after no2 arrival and playing/ entertaining no1 for now. Heheh

Bam: my bb oso never poo for two days liao...shud i be worried?? Same same she oso fart a lot smelly type...

I using enfalac for formula...bb ok with it...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

enmummy: aren't they suppose to poo daily? mine seems to have constipation. I'm partial bfding and partial fm. Dunno why she has constipation leh.

I'm feeding simalac and google and read that similac tends to cos constipation..

Sophia,

Yes you can mix ebm from 2 session of express. After the 1st express, keep in fridge. Then use another new bottle to express during the 2nd time. However, when you mark the date and time if express, you should mark according to the 1st timing.

Bam,

I have 2 dogs at home. They sleep in the same room with us. For my #1, he is exposed to my dogs since the 1st day he come back from hospital. But this time round, I'm doing confinement alone at my own place (#1was confinement at my mum's and we brought the dogs along with us) we'd sent the dogs for boarding. Both my kids still end up having block nose during confinement. It's simply due to they getting used to the colder temperature (since inside us, our body temp is 37degrees) and temperature fluctuation between day and night . Do note that exposure to dogs at young age only REDUCE allergy risk, it does not guarantee no allergy. Thus it is still possible that the dogs could still cause some allergy / sensitive nose (rhinities) as baby grow older.

Strawberry, ya hubby same as mine wor. I oso recently so tired missed the alarm to wake to pump. Wonder hw much longer I can endure.

I think coz still my ready for pumping , it quite to hv harden breasts on the first week, juz massage & latch/ pump as often as I could, it did for me.

For my #1, last time he din poo for 2 days & develop mild fever, brought him to pd. It was becoz of dehydration. No milk intake hence bb can't push stool out. If u wanna stick to tbm, then gv glucose water for the time being .

Hammiebao, ya deco n do things u wanna do first b4 bb come out no time/ mood for anytin liao.

Argh..... overslept. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Supposed to wake up at 5am to pump.

ML - easy part? Which part leh?

Strawberry - CL going bk in 2 weeks time, I will hv to feed bb at night after that. Was thinking how to managed pump and feeding. Wish I can latch on but well, now exactly working out this time. Sigh! I bought the pumpinh pal handsfree kit last time for #1. U bought the supershield too? I find it a hassle to use the kit, adjust till i gave up, so stopped using. Plus there was once my pump kit connector slipped out from the funnel on one side (using PIS with separared shield and connector if you know what i mean), end up my milk spilled all out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] was so mad bk then that I stopped using, rather use hands to hold.

U find it good?

New maid coming this Friday, keeping fingers crossed she is good. Old one sent bk to agent coz too many "patterns".

Bam

Mt bb on enfalac. #1 also on Enfa now, so I just follow. Initially, his poo was rather dry despite me feeding with BM in the day. CL was saying may need to change brand if it still continues. But now ok alr.

Strawberry

I also wanna rebond my hand and colour for full month party! Haha.... But how to manage the pump time? need at least 5 hours out of the house to do all these. I pumped 20min, ermmm handexpress a bit to just clear the milk, but cannot get 40ml. 40ml a lot leh! U using medela PIS? Am getting more medela plastic collection bottles, been using glass bottles to pump coz pump so many times, cannot wash and sterilise in time, glass bottles heavy

Do mummies sterilise the pump kit after each pump? If only got 1 set, mean must steam 8x if pump 8x. Will it be too much for the plastic?

Babywonder,

The redness seems to be secondary skin infection and the yellow discharge could means slight opening of wound too. Better stop your massages and go to see your gynae to rule out both the above.

As for baby insurance,

Both my hubby and I are on the Aviva My shield plan anise my #1 so now both my kids are on that plan. However, theirs is only for government restructured hospital.

Chris,

Suggest that you see a lactation consultant as there is a possibility of baby not latching properly thus suck but not getting the milk causing block duct. Do note cannot massage too hard and cause bruising which could worsen the situation. There is also a situation like what Jo says. For my case, it was a combination of both. Slight block plus milk sac filling thus LC help me clear the block then each time after baby latch, the area (near right armpit) soften for a while before harden again. This will last for about 2 weeks.

Chris,

mt A lactation consultant does house call but it cost $100 each time if I'm not wrong. You don't have to be mum who deliver at mt A.

Jovialz, u can buy rider for the Aviva plan in order to be covered for private hospital.. Correct me if I'm wrong.. That's what my agent told us before my hubby became an adviser..

Cold compression stops milk flow. It may help in soothing engorgement, but it reduces ss very very effectively and very quickly.

Bb not poling: it's ok if it's for a few days. Start worrying only if it's more than 4 days...

Straw err, wow, u pump so long. I think I only pump max 15 min. Dun have so much ss to last me so long...hens.

Oops. I had meant to type bb not pooping, and was typing strwaberry's Nick. Typos...pai seh. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

priskuan, I took the antibiotics during delivery... But KK gave me a brochure which says we still have to monitor e baby for symptoms. My SO and sis think I'm imagining things...

Bam, I'm also using Similac for e FMs. But coz I also give BM, no problem with the pooing. My fren's baby only poo every 5 days - her baby is abt 6 weeks old now.

Does anyone know ifit matters whether we give FM in a row or must alternate between BM then FM? I'm giving the baby 3 FMs to try and bring down her jaundice, but not sure if must space all the FM feeding apart.

Chris : I was als engorged yesterday.. for half a day, really very hard and uncomfortable. I have a microwave heated bag. Placed it on for like 1 min and massage about 1 min. It worked for me. Was also a little stuck in my early morning pump and did the same time. Work again.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My SIL also say her CL told her to use hot water in baby's bottle last time. I think same theory. Bottle prob need a bit longer since u gotta move the bottle around.

Hi Shan

u can do it. Women are more resilient than men. And I used to get frustrated with hb's behavior and his lack of involvement plus i was doing all the hsework and im also working full time but later on I just let it go and give him the 'tasks' that he could do well or manage better like playing or watching over no1 and washing dishes and his own clothes.

Hi surf,

Initially I tried to latch on then pump but it made me more tired cos bb takes so long to drink frm breast as compared to bottle. He also doesn't suckle that well. So I rather give fm at night and when he finished, I'll burp him and change diaper then I do the pumping to store my milk and I'll wash and sterilize the breastpump parts( except breastshields) using

sterilising tablets before I go back to sleep myself. All these will take around 1 hr. I plan to get a mini fridge to put in my room so that I dun have to walk to the fridge 2 times a night.

Actually the pumpin pal strap is very useful I use it together with the supershields on my medela freestyle. No need to attach to the original medela shields. I prefer the supershields cos it was made with an angle and I could lean back and relax. I adjusted the strap once and frm there I only slightly adjust it abit. Before I buy the strap I watched the video frm the mumsfairy website u shld watch the demo it will help.

Wat I did was also whenever I on my pump, I will press the supershields to my breasts firmly so that the suction is greater when I feel the strong suction I will let go and make sure the milk doesn't leak out from the sides. Been using it anise I bought it and I can't do without the pumpin pals and the supershields now. Find it very good for my back.

Regarding rebounding, I plan to go to the hairstylist near my home just across the street during weekdays where there are less people. I will bring my breastpump and boncho ( type of nursing cover that covers the back as well) and if possible i'll pump on time in the salon covered up but if not I will excuse myself to go home and pump. It sounds crazy but I dun want to jeopardize my milk ss which is not much to begin with. Hehe

I also sterilize my breastpumps parts after every pump. But the shields I will just use hot water.

Hi csi_fan

I noticed when I pump longer it stimulates more milk and i will have 2 let downs. And usually it will further clear any milk left in the breast when I hand expressed. I read that in order for maintenance or increase of milk supply , must try to clear milk. So that our body will be tricked into thinking that we need more milk for bb.

I can only hand squeeze max 40ml of milk in the night, that's one time only and provided if I drink loads of soups, red dates tea during dinner time. Last night I had 2 big bowls of papaya fish bone soup plus red dates tea.

Bam – Understand your worries, if things continue like that later bb’s education method will also be a problem. Relax take your time to think of a solution, angry and panic won’t help.

mummywong10 – Noted. Thanks for your respond.

Babywonder – Don’t care just contact your gynae, it’s customer service wah! Regarding insurance we decide to get children education plan and critical illness these 2 types of insurance after give birth.

shan – Sigh! Tissue also k steal.

whitecookies – Take care and be strong.

Baby pooping

my baby is on bm and fm for night feeds...so far her past poos were watery mustard leh so i suppose she is not constipated by the fm? I am worried where all the milk go in her tiny stomach...mummies how long is the max to wait b4 seeing doc? She is 3.5 wks old liao...sigh poop or no poop we oso hv to worry...hahaha...

surf: the osim promo has ended... probably have to wait for x'mas promo if any. The $5 girdle is those binder kind, stretchy with lots of hooks.

my CL will be leaving this sat.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

For the past month, I have been sleeping soundly from 1am to 9am. I don't get up to feed bb, or to pump. ( Very lazy, I know...) Then I nap in afternoon..So it's going to be a big adjustment.

Pumping: I am pumping 30-40mins/side. Very time consuming... but have to pump this long to get more milk.

piggydog, me too.. CL leaving next fri, but next week gt to hands on and learn frm her..If not sure ga lang ga bo de..

Pumping: Me too, pump both breast for a hr plus just to get 200ml [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies, ever since I started having engorgement, my breasts and armpits became hard. As I started pumping, e engorgement in e breats are alrdy better but e swelling in e armpits r not getting any better. It looks like another pair of breasts at e armpit and can get v painful. I asked my gynae, he says it's e swelling of lymph nodes, asked me not to massage it as it may worsen it coz it is lymph nodes and not due to milk flow. He advised to use e cabbage leaves to ease e pain. Anyone has e same situation? Will e pain and swelling b gone after a period of time? Thanks in advance for advice!

Vividip: the swelling of armpits are milk abscess if you are breastfeeding. I know lymphnodes will swell when we have fever but never knew they will swell due to engorgement. I had 2 small ones on my left armpit but gone because my bb consume more and also on a more regular basis now. What I did was to get ml massage then I also apply hot compression. Now gone, you may want to consult a lc?

Piddydog: me aso, Used to wake up 2 times, now only once at nite To pump, super lazy. I know I sure suffer when my CL leaves. Hubby worst, never even wake up, sleep like a log. A lot of things haven't learn fr CL.. Panick!.. Left 2 weeks ONI.

babywonder,

This is my third csection, and I nvr experienced redness near the wound. Only saw bruises around the cut area.

You may want to call your gynae and ask.

Confinement meals

Breakfast : Biscuits and milo

Lunch : Mee Sua or Bee Hoon

Dinner : Rice, one dish and one soup

In between meals : fruits - apples,kiwi, dragonfruits

Formula milk for baby

>> Enfalac

Jewel, I am intensively learning how to bathe the baby this week. Last week I learnt how to clean her poopoo and wear diapers. Is there anything else that I need to ask CL to teach?

piggydog> you also know how to make FM & burp bb? i think bathing is the most difficult part, the rest shouldnt be an issue already. i'm also "on the job training" this week with bathing before my CL leaves.

Surf

now they just eat, sleep, poo and cry. next time when they grow up got to worry abt health, schoolwork, the friends they mix with. so now is the easy part loh.. hahahaha

piggydog: change diaper & feeding, burping I oredi hands on. Bathing & making FM can also learn... the most challenging item for me is to put bb to sleep. Never been able to manage to put her to sleep for long.. put her on bed for 5 mins she will wake up & cry as if something startled her... but CL always managed to pacify her & she will sleep soundly... failure man!

Agree that now is the easy part coz only drink n sleep n poo. We will busier when they start on solids, crawl n walk. So better do what u wana do now hee...ESP for FTM Its still honeymoon period.

vividip, I also have 2 lumps in my underarms. The lumps got softer after the LC helped me to unblock my milk ducts. I also took some medicine, Danzen, which the LC mentioned was good for swelling (wun affect milk supply).

Now that I'm giving FM along with BM, the lumps are still there. I've tried to pump my BM whenever we feed FM, but I'm trying not to over stimulate my milk supply, so I won't pump for v long. Just pump until the hard feeling in my breast is less.

Ueno

Lol. Are u ftm too? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my full time work will start next week. Now still have my Mum helping me with cooking and washing. Next week I Chumz liaoz

piggydog

thanks for e info! Will see what the ML got for me. Waiting for her to come. She said what she is getting is OSIM look-alike.

Strawberry

Hmm, ok, i shall give the super shields and hands free kit one more try. must go dig out from store room. Haha, you so funny! how u intend to pump sitting at the salon chair? Can't imagine how you gonna do it with so many pple walking around leh. Must teach me.

Actually, I been wanting to pump in the car using a shawl or something!!! That's what my frens did. Haha, intending to try out if cannot find a proper room ouside to pump. E.g. am alr planning for full mth party. Coz we be having it out of home, i must find a place to pump, can only think of the car. Yah, i also dun want to affect supply when I dun hv much to start with.

piggydog: Same same here... CL leaving this sunday le ... i will start to miss my sleep le. Are u involve in feeding so far (if you are not breastfeeding)? i find that very important. Cos like carry method, burping method and bottle holding method will affect how much bb drink loh. From the start, I try to feed as much as possible so I can know bb style of drinking so to ensure if CL leaves he is still drinking well. Cos my hubby earlier seldom feed him so when he sometimes try to bb doesnt drink as much as we feed and also stop for quite a few time cos he is uncomfortable.

Hi mummies, I'm going to start try pumping. Can I check tat when we take out the parts from the sterilizer, and as it's still wet with moisture, do we need to clean dry? Or just straight away use it on our breast to do the pump?

Bam,

I'm also using Similac for e FMs. So far my bb only got 1 time whole day nvr poo, nw ok le. So u dun too worry..

BM & FM,

Normally day time i gv BM n night time gv FM. Issit most of mummies do so?

Pumping,

Normally i pump 30min to get 150ml fm both side, 1 day i pump 2 times, mor n afternoon. Evening time if i feel my breast is full will let bb latch.

Cherry, I've used the breastpump parts while it's still wet w/ moisture. Coz BM is mostly water plus if u clean dry, how to make sure that the towel/paper u use for the drying is sterile? My own opinion.

Cherry

it's ok, what I understand is no need clean dry. But I am abit of cleanliness freak. I rinse all with hot water again before pump :p

Mummies

How many bottles do you all stand by to pump? Am thinking to buy more collecton bottles so that no need keep rushing to sterilise after each pump.

Whim,

My thinking is BM is more watery compare to FM. If not dry 1st, milk will become more watery? As what u said also true, towel/paper is not sterile, i really nvr think of tat b4..

twinfish> u only pump 2 times a day? then if night time u feed FM, you no need to pump out & won't feel yr breasts full?

cherrry> initially i also wipe dry the moisture then i come in forum to ask realise no need to wipe dry. now i don't wipe dry, just let the moisture mix with the BM.

Surf,

I got 5 bottles, so far my BM is demand=supply, zero inventory for next day...

Got think of buy more b4 tat but now perhaps is my maid sterilise after each pump, so not rushing to buy..

I'm using enfalac for my bb. So far he poos everyday. Yesterday he poo-ed four times. Cl said its normal cuz she has been giving him more bm in the day. She feeds him more fm at night. I pump abt 15 mins max using dual pump. Each time abt 50 to 60ml from both sides. Even in the morning it's about 70ml max. Supply doesn't seem to increase after first week. I pump abt once in 3 to 4 hours. Sometimes I have to run to get the pump when the let down begins.

I think the night feeds will be the killing part when Cl leaves. My Cl told me my baby was cranky from 245am after he had his milk at 215am. All the way till 5am which was his next feed!

Surf> i have about 9 bottles but so far i only used 7 bottles. 4 bottles came from the medela pump, so everytime 2 bottles are used for pumping, these few days i mainly have 2-3 bottles each time in fridge for feeding bb, then after each time i pump out, the CL will sterilize the pumps with the bottle of ebm which she took out from the fridge if any.

Mummywong,

Yes, so far pump 2 times a day, 1 time 30min can get 150ml or even more, so 2 times just nice to cover 1 day daytime demand..

Night time (midnite) normally gv FM. Of course on n off will let her latch, so won't feel tat full but next day morning sure full n pain...

hmm...maybe my mind set is to keep milk fresh..or my supply still not tat much yet..

Juzt went to see gynae again. My wound hurts more since ystd i have overexerted myself the past 4days. I was so concern w latching bb i forgot abt myself. He say my wound may or may not open n if i wan he can re-sew. But end up he giv me antiseptic n cream n i am bed rested more now.

Bb jaundice quite high, just check him into beach hotel at hospital. Hopefully tml can bring my love back home. At

earlier check up bb lose ard 400g. My milk not enough for him. Ystd only started to turn white n start to get more engorge. Lookz like i need to supplement FM a bit for a few days. Any brand to recommend?

Back