(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Jo (jogwyn) : cup feed, i am afraid my son cannot take it as he is very impatient n easy to choke one ler.

Jovialz (jovialz) : No, is FM. 3~4days once. not sure is this consider constipation or not?

Sharon Pang (piggypang) : No introduce pacifier for him. yalor . only the way is dream feed during the night time.i will try dream feed on day time on this coming weekend but i think is quite hard as my son is not deep sleeper .anyway,will try bcos really tiring feed him during day time his head keep turn left right and up....haiz..

Hi,

I have a fisherprice rainforest jumperoo to let go only purchased in Nov10 from Kiddy Palace still in good working condition. PM me if interested.

hihi mummies... gatecrashing ur forum...

I'm a July mummy... gg back to work soon and sourcing for a good Infant care. Would really appreciate if any can recommend? PM me can?

Looking for one in the East / Thomson / Raffles Place... Tks vm in advance!

enmummy: yes! my girl has her 1st flip over last weekend, so happy im the 1st one to witness her 1st success flip..heehee finally! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_happy.gif]

but then she only flip those few times, managed to try again when my hubby is around..but after passed to my mum since last mon, she no more flipping successfully...only turn to one side but no flipping liao...

btw on the similac, i actually got a few feedback from frens that a few of their bb got constipation taking similac...seems similac may has a higher tendency of constipation?? just fyi [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lucky my girl still quite ok and shld be absorbing good since she is 90% percentile at last assessment..but also need monitor lah..

Enmummy,

Yap. I'd tried. I like to try the food that i give baby so that i know the moment its spoilt. But my homemade purely apple puree also taste sweet and a bit sour. Initially I only give 2 - 3 spoonful 'neat' - for tasting and test for allergy purpose, so I guess it's ok. Now I'll add to the cereal. One packet divided into 3 portion - 2 meal for baby, 1 for my son/myself (cos prefer to finish within 24hrs).

Baby2010,

There is a possibility of constipation. What brand if FM are you feeding ? Is the poo soft or hard ? U might want to consider changing brand to try out. Not all brand's Formula suitable for all babies.

Anyone else feeding the same brand can comment ?

Nanny :

We paid our nanny $600 (same rate as 2 yrs ago when we start #1 with her) for my gal. After she eat solid then we will discuss again on the top up. However, we paid her another $50, for my #1 dinner on wkdays. I live in AMK.

Bras :

I am wearing normal underwired bra and at times nursing bra. So far supply still maintained.

Pumping :

I am still pumping 5 times a day. 6am, 10.45am, 3pm, 7.30 or 8pm and last pump at 11.30pm or 12am. Mayb tat y i can still maintain my supply. But it is super tiring lor. Think I will only drop 1 pump after my gal is 6 months old ba. Coz by then she wont need so much milk le.

Babywonder2010: dun give up.. jiayou!! not easy cause i also been through it... my boi is going for his second 6 in 1 jab with rotavirus ... i wonder if he will reduce his intake again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Jovialz (jovialz) : Mamil Gold. i ask PD..some say ok as long as not hard and blood will do. some PD say maybe few month c how then can consider change powder..i suspect is heatly .do u know y? bcos my son refuse to drink water all the while..his nanny try to feed him water with leftover milk together for abt 60mlwater a day.. then he can poo poo every day for whole week..but 2nd week..he didn't , i am believe he can try out the taste of the water..so not willing drink too much of water liao..even i try dream feed the water ..he know that is water not milk ler..he push away the bottle ler..jilaka.

Sharon: My son will take 2nd dose of 5 in 1 on end of april..i am believe his intake will reduce oso..n fussy....

baby2010: yes my PD also said even if poo after 5 days but not hard/blood then its ok...but if still cannot poo after 5 days then maybe good to check out w a PD.

also he said if bb cannot poo after like 3 days liao...maybe can reduce the milk powder abit, more dilute which can help too.

my girl also dun like drink water one...so for now wat i did is i increase the water level 10ml more to every feed with same amt of milk powder.

i find my girl dun seems to pee alot...like say 3 heavy diapers of pee a day only..i read at babycenter that shld have 5-6 diapers a day. how abt the rest of mummies observation??

Hi Mummies,

My baby girl coming to 5 months this week. I understand baby usually start solid when they are 6 months old. I'm a first time mum and would appreciate if you could share how you introduce solid to your baby? How is your feeding schedule like? What kind of blender or electrical appliance are you using?

Irene: Actually i intend to increase the water but my mum say this is not correct way..so yr gal gal every day poo poo? aaa..for pee....i am not sure ler but according from nanny ..she should change abt 8 cloth napkin per day (day time) wor..for night time i change 2 diapers bcos i 6 hrs change one ....

Irene : my girl also about 3 heavy diaper change a day leh. It's too little? She is on ebm fully, but keep reducing milk intake.

Milk strike : how long is milk strike usually for? My girl seems to be on milk strike for about 1 month plus already. But u give her water, she drinks. Egg yolk also will eat properly. She doesn't like ebm? Very demoralizing. Really feel like stop pumping. Already did everything we could. Change teats, dreamfeed, distraction, quiet room, aircon. Still dun wan to drink properly.

Koori: no, I don't stay there, I only go to ghim Moh market. Just kidding! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] next time if I see them, I'll see if there is any bb of my bb's age in their midst!

Hi mummies,

I have Mamil gold stage 2, 900g, sealed tin. Selling @ $27. Anyone interested, do pm me. I have 6 tins to let go.

I m wearing underwired nursing bra... so far pumping 4times a day and every pump will b 320ml so it's 1280ml per day...but intending to stop next mth coz gotta travel for work, dun waNna bring my pump along.

Irene: ya i oso heard similac quite heaty for some bb so tink i will request samples n let my gal try first...my lazy girl

haven flip yet leh...:p haha maybe she like me move to sitting next...

Babywonder: try spoon feed water? My gal refuses water by the bottle but she likes to drink from spoon...or sippy cup?

Hapiee... It took me 15-20mins to pump. And I din take any supplement... I m slowly reducing e frequency. Initially during maternity leave, I stored so much tat I need to put some in my mum and mil's freezer. But now back to work, seems like e store is clearing up v fast! My freezer is not full anymore coz bb's consumption is quite fast. Actually v reluctant to stop but really v inconvenient to hav to pump when overseas.

Vividip: you should try not to stop since your supply is so good! Your single pump is like my entire day's worth. Hah. Even when I went overseas I brought my manual pump with me. It's not too bad. But just gotta find places to pump each time and quite pai say to let people wait for me for so long.

Sharon: I am not able dream feed my son last night bcos he very awake last night n keep turn left turn right [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] sian..tiring... somemore want to play with us ...hope tonight he will sleepy n can sleep through the night till 7am...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mummies just want to check for those who feed happy bellies brown rice cereal, do you find some black powdery residue left behind after feeding? If you stir it it will go away. Cos I notice it but the expiry is 2014 so should be ok.

baby2010: my girl dun always poo everyday too...sometimes everyday or 2 days once...i had told my mum abt my concern n she said she will try feed her w water in btw feeds.

if ur bb is having 8 napkins chg a day consider v good...

i do change ~5-6 diapers(or like before every 3hrs feed) for her everyday but 50% of times are not full...just got urine only...

ermmm: ya i also not sure if only 3 full/heavy diapers a day consider little or not...thus checking out here for feedbacks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cos i read that shld be 5-6 full diapers a day..

seems before 3mths her urine more leh...now getting lesser...

enmummy: ya some bb skip flipping n proceed to sitting up...think also good...at least no need to worry at nite she flip over then cannot flip back and no one realise [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Vividip > wow! Envy! Agree with Cherie Tat u should not stop. I read in the forum how a mummy continues to pump when overseas n shipped back the ebm. Maybe u just pump n have a milk bath? Then supply still there?

irene: yup, my baby never flip, only flip sideways, but i'm surprised that he is able to sit almost without support for a few secs now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mummies, long time nvr log on n read.

Cereal:

Where u all buy the cereal for bb below 6mths? i only saw ntuc sell milk cereal below 6mths but not brown rice cereal.

Irene,

I think when they say 5 - 6 wet diaper, they meant pee 5 to 6 times cos it encouraged to change diaper once it's wet (pee upon). I also don't change every time so get about 3 heavy diaper.

Twinfish,

I got Happy Bellies from oversea spree (but gave to wait for about 3 weeks). BP organizer, Agape babies, also sell them in BP at higher price but it's ready stock. You can also find it at Paragon level 5 VitaKids (hope I didn't remember the name wrongly) and Millennia walk 'pink in health'.

As for Rafferty's Garden Cereal, it's my friend help mr to buy back from Australia. Don't think NTUC finest / extra sell the cereal. They only have the ready to eat food pouch.

Mui siew,

Just realized I'd missed your question. I'd bought them since my no. 1. I would think should be able to find in library similar books.

Little baby,

Can see my post on 6 April @ 10.21pm.

Currently her food tasting is either around 11 - 12pm or 2 - 3pm (about 1 and half hour after last milk feed). Will stick to noon time when she take as regular feed. This way it's easier to feed lunch porridge. Best to start at a time that your baby is in good mood.

Baby 2010,

Can try to spoon feed water / milk. Somehow they can accept it better, think it's fun. Alternate is more frequent feed.

(saw a mistake in my earlier post, the result of lack of sleep :p)

Some books to share. All provides good advises and recipes.

1.First Food.

author: Anna Jacob, pauline chan, Samantha thiessen , Janie Chua, Wong yuefen

Publisher : Marshall cavendish

2. The First Completr Nutrition Guide for Asian Parent - Feed Your Child Right

Author: Lynn Alexander and Yeong Boon Yee

Publisher : Marshall cavendish

3. New Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner (200 quick, easy and healthy recipes for your baby)

Author : Annabel Karmel

4. Good Food for Kids

Author : Dr Penny Stanway

jovialz: oic so its 5-6 wet diaper a day..then most of our bb shld be there [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Clover,

Is it ? Any idea if it's 'natural preservative' or 'artificial preservative' ? But the FAQ page on happy baby's website say all their products do not contain preservative leh.

Anyway, I alternate between Happy Bellies, Rafferty's Garden Cereal , Puree only. So I guess should be alright. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rxsti,

So far Charlyn took a few spoonful of the cereal (plain, nothing added) for a few days, no problem / diarrhea.

Jovialz, Sodium polyphosphate listed among the ingredients is an inorganic compound from what I checked in wikipedia, so i guess it's articifical preservative. The new range of happy bellies cereal doesn't have this ingredient anymore. The new range includes a new ingredient, choline.

Is happy bellies cereal smooth?

I just did my complimentary & payable AIA accident insurance from Parkway East hospital for my girl with my agent today...dragged till now then do...

I am considering their education plan...any1 on AIA insurance plan too?

Clover,

Change of range. No wonder. Mine is the one with choline, pre & probiotics. Thanks for the info.

Naf,

Yap. Smooth as long as you slowly pour the powder into the warm water and stir as you do it.

twinfish: if you are interested in healthy times brown rice cereal can get at ntuc (i suppose the larger ntuc outlets may have them)... if you are interested in organix cereal cold storage/ jasons has them....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back