(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Baby2010: i dunno if u are PANG TANG but i am quite... i tried bringing bb hme before 8pm last few days and dun play so vigourouly with him.. apparently he can sleep through leh... why dun u try?

Jovialz..: i tried leh.. but he just continue making noises and end up all cant sleep.. he didnt scream nor shout but just ehhhhhhhhhh like tat lor... he started reducing his nap time already.. instead of sleep abt 2-3 hrs at one short he onli sleep at most 1.5 hrs abt 3-4 times a day...

Mummywong,

EBM need not be too warm. The normal feeding temperature is enough to dissolve the cereals.

For me, I do the same as Jo. Before 6 month is just tasting, "allergy test" with few mouthfuls only. After 6 month then start actual feeding.

HPC

Actually I don't advise you to put your milk in freezer in office. You should just put in normal refregerator compartment. Not good to freeze then thaw (on your way home) then freeze again. So whether you need another fridge ( With / without freezer) it's up to you.

Hi littlebaby and Jovialz, I currently freeze my medela ice pack and not my EBM in the office freezer. The freezer is very small like those hotel mini bar fridge kind. So now she has to take that back so that big boss can have his ice tea cubes anytime he wants. I hear already think its ridiculous. I wanted to buy back the same fridge. But now she says its too big for me and its like having another office fridge, not environmentally friendly etc etc...she suggested I use one very huge ice pack like an A4 size which we have in our office and carry that to and fro everyday. So its better to get a new cooler bag to accodomate that big ice pack then to buy a fridge. But I rather have my fridge so that I can keep my manual pump after my 11am pump and use the same one without washing at 4pm. Now I don't know what to do. She is ok with me getting those smaller chiller type, without freezer. But that one once I leave office, my EBM in my cooler bag can't keep cool for very long, then must head straight home after work liao. No flexibility. Sigh!

Hpc : maybe u wanna try to get a munchkin coolwrap bag. Supposed to be able to last 13 hours without fridge. It comes with 2 ice packs - 1 big and 1 small. I think the small one is small enuff to put in bar fridge freezer together with ice cubes. I usually put the small one in freezer only and bag one in fridge together with ebm. Then when I'm gg back put small one in. When I get home at 9pm, the small one still icey. Big on is cold still.

The other alternative is use a few ice packs that u get from supermarkets or Royce chocolates? They r quite small so should be able to share the freezer space.

ermmmm thanks for your suggestion on the smaller ice packs like royce choc type. yah. i can squeeze 2 of those mini ice packs into the freezer. Not as super as the medela ice pack but better than nothing.

I very keen to buy my own bar fridge here at my desk cos can put ice cream and all other stuff but not allowed lor... Thanks for your suggestion [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

I am from the June 2010 thread.

I am now doing my 3rd batch spree for Sophie & other brands, the products can be seen on www.sophie.sg. The discount is 20% off price listed on the site.

To order, please send me a PM directly (I will not be referring to the thread postings). I will close orders on 10 April at 3pm. On 11 April, I will contact all mummies to confirm the orders and ask for payment to be transferred before 12 April 11am. Stocks will be available for collection from 13 April onwards at Pinnacle@Duxton or Tanjong Pagar MRT.

Mummywong: ya, as Jovialz mentioned, ebm doesn't need to be too warm; but if you like to feed bb warm food- like Chinese always eat warm food, you can heat it up slightly warmer. Most cereals nowadays are instant ones, so can be easily dissolved. For me I kept it as the same as bb's milk feed, which is warm yet bb can consume immediately.

Re-send (error on dates above):

Hi mummies,

I am from the June 2010 thread.

I am now doing my 3rd batch spree for Sophie & other brands, the products can be seen on www.sophie.sg. The discount is 20% off price listed on the site.

To order, please send me a PM directly (I will not be referring to the thread postings). I will close orders on 17 April at 3pm. On 18 April, I will contact all mummies to confirm the orders and ask for payment to be transferred before 19 April 11am. Stocks will be available for collection from 20 April onwards at Pinnacle@Duxton or Tanjong Pagar MRT.

Sharon Pang (piggypang) : normally i will bring my son reach home at ard 7:30pm ler..n maybe play with him till 8pm or 7:45pm..pat n carry him sleep.. bcos whole day didnt play with my son so feel like to play with him lor..if dun play with him just let him play himself ah..? yr boi can sleep through whole night if he back home before 8pm? sometime my son dun feel like to sleep even i carry him he still awake so i play with him till he tired and cry then i carry and pat him to sleep lor...yr boi need to carry n pat before he sleep? my son cannot sleep through whole night one..at least will make noisy once...haha.. Hope tonight he will be better

Baby2010: me too bring him back abt this timing... i meant dun over stimulate him and he becomes too active then he cant sleep well... this is wat i monitor... u try...

Sharon Pang (piggypang: hmm..okok i try but on last saturday..he very excited n keep "talking" and play with us till 10pm++ then i carry him n pat him when he tired n cry...very fast he can sleep within 15mins..... maybe too tired lioa..ahah..

Puku Walker for sale

As good as new! Only used once because we received another one as gift.

Usual Price: S$59.00

Selling: S$49.00

If interested, please email me at [email protected]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5334838.jpg]

Hpc,

How about those small single door square one with a small corner at the top to freeze ice tray ? For me,

I use freeze to go bag (built in ice pack). I'll freeze the bag the night before, then zip up and bring to office. I'll put in the normal compartment to keep cold. Then after work, I use to travel home with it. If no fridge (I'm out of office whole day) I just keep the bag zipped up whole day and put the milk in. I still find the milk nice and cool in the evening. By the way, milk can stay in normal room temp for 7 to 8 hours without refrigeration (tested and tried by some of us).

Btw, not kern on the idea of not washing after 11am feed and keep in fridge. Fridge only retards bateria growth. You'll be taking a risk lor.

Any mommy wanna buy cloth diapers together? Got sale for One Size pocket diapers (adjustable from newborn to abt 13kg baby) brand: Happy Heinys, Bum Genius and Fuzzy Bunz. Retail price abt $35 each, sale around $28-32. Please PM me if u want to order together to save on delivery charges.

Must hurry hor, coz sale ending this Friday, some already out of stock.

Sharon,

For Charlyn, the last nap before bedtime end at 5plus. So normally she is kept awake from 6 to 8plus - 9pm. Then she'll sleep till she is hungry, normally about 3 - 4am, a bit of noise and keep sucking her hand thou eyes still close. I give dream feed and she'll fall back to sleep.

Baby2010,

Could your baby be overstimulated the couple of hours before sleep ? Somehow it could cause baby to cry at night, cause unable to go into 'deep sleep'.

Crawling: just witnessed my boy crawling backwards today! We placed him in the centre of the playmat but after awhile his legs were out of the playmat. After awhile instead of facing hubby, he faced his toys. So cute but also means his play mat is getting smaller! My maid can't possibly be watching him every moment. Can anyone share to do with crawling baby? Exersaucer or jumperoo? We put him on the fisher price rocker now. He can't sit too long inside his bumbo seat yet.

Jovialz - buying frm the spree $5.80 is excl shipping and postage rite?

so after adding in the shipping n postage,its still cheaper den agapes babies?

GerGer jars stage 1 purees - NTUC is having offer.Norm price : 1.50/jar.Now 1.30/jar [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wow... a number of mummies starting purees & cereals.. thought of starting only when he is abt 6 months old. can i check with you. wat do you use to make the purees? the steamer cum blender kind? is it good? thinking of getting one.

cherrie > so cute.. your boy can crawl backwards already. mine can only flip one side. we put him on the fisher price rocker now too. thought bb can sit in the rocker till he is older? just that the legs is dangling out of the rocker?

Hi gd morning mummies, I'm a silent reader , would appreciate you mummies to recommend any good pd Near my area in serangoon central Nex as my son having fever yesterday nite. Can help to provide address, contact, doctor name? What is the best time to go to avoid the crowds? Thanks in advance ;)

Jovialz (jovialz) : No ler..i didn't play with him a lot after i fetch him back from nanny there. last night oso..he cannot deep sleep ler..sian... and wake up at the early of the morning..this already 3rd day lioa... yr baby will drink milk during mid night? bcos my baby's milk timing very ' chun' one.. 9pm 12am... 3am he will cry ..not sure is it want to drink milk but i dun feed him n just pat n carry him...n only feed him on 6am... dun know is it because hungry so he keep waking up on 4am+ 5am+ ler...

Baby2010 & JOvialz: my boi last night was ok but still again not throughout... though no loud cries but woke up at 1 plus cause pacifier dropped and 4 plus make some noise... haizzzzz

BF,

guess its almost my time to end BF my girl.. daily supply is less than 300ml now..and she has refuse latching now. so upset to see her rejecting me. seems like we've lost the special bonding.

mrs lee > dont b sad. I felt the same way too whn i stop bf. Seems lik smthing is lost btwn bb n me. Bt u hv alrdy bn vry gd to bf til nw. Its almost to the 6th mth mark. Well done!

Mrs lee-- don't be sad la. My bm supply is also about 300ml too. Worst thing is some days I get home so late after wk and don't get to play with him cuz he's asleep. When I'm at home, his eyes turn to my maid or my hubby rather than me. No choice.

Mrs Lee, don't give up. Just pump and persereve. It may be for a phase that she seems to reject only. Try a while longer and see how.

Just to share, I have used Ameda pump and Medela Swing. Finally now I just use the Philips Avent Manual Pump both at home and in office. I find that the milk comes out faster and more and not painful. I don't know why but I can sit in front of my Ameda which worked very well for me perviously but now like can't express the milk out well leh. Not sure why. But the manual pump can get a lot.

Perhaps if you have that avent manual pump or borrow from a friend, can give it a try.

Re: Storing EBM in office. Thanks mummies for those who gave me input. I have decided to put my friend's egg fridge at my desk to keep cool. Then put smaller royce choc ice packs in the office puny freezer.

Chloe,

$5.80 include shipping from US to spree organizer's house. Then I self collect from her collection point. So for me, I pay $5.80 nett.

Hapiee,

I'm using the philip avert steamer cum blender. It's expensive if you compare to buying 2 separate appliances. But very convenient to use and wash. Just steam, flip and blend. For my no. 1 I'd to steam with pots then scoop out to blend. Very troublesome and sometime need to add more water when blend. Most conventional blender difficult to wash cos blades are built into the cup. Headache especially later blend meat. This one can take out the blade from the cup. Very easy to clean.

Btw, i'd seen it sold at Suntec carrefour level 2 baby section @ $160.

Jovialz, thanks ;) u buy a mixture of all the 3 favors? I duno which 1 sld I buy..I m scare my bb reject ..

Mayb order 1 tins ea to try out ..haha

Baby2010,

My baby still drink in the middle of the night. I 'test' by

A) not carrying her when she make tiny noise. Sometime she'll just go back to sleep.

B) if she doesn't, I put the back of my hand near her mouth. She'll like search for nipple type of open mouth and shake head, then that means hungry and wants to be fed.

If you sleep in aircon, there is a possibility of too cold (i find the room is at its coldest between 3 to 5am OR throat dry, need water.

After a while you might be able to tell the difference in her 'noise' whether hungry or just slightly awaken.

For me, I'll feed when there is demand. Perhaps to some that's not the best way to train baby to sleep thru the night. For me, i find even adults have problem if they are hungry, not to mention baby. Anyway, my no.1 had his milk at 8pm + , 4am till 2 yrs +. after which he stop. Till now, very occasionally he'll wake up and ask for feed at night(coming to 4yrs old in August).

Some try feeding water instead of milk for fear of tooth decay due sweetness in FM.

Mrs Lee,

Like the other said, BF or not, you are the mummy. She is not rejecting you. Just that it's easier to drink from bottle. The only time my girl really be good and latch properly is at night when she sleepy Liao and lights off. Day time, she'll suckle a bit then push me away cos she more curious of the sounds around her then suckle and push. Cos when drink from bottle, she can still turn here and there to see but when latch, can only stare at the breast. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Like what HPC says, do perservere. 300ml is 300ml of goodness. At the tail end of BF my No. 1, he only has 1 - 2 BM feed (about 1yr +) due to my need to travel oversea for work then. Somehow each time I fly, it affect my milk supply. Don't know if it due to flight pressure [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

You might want to consider her suggestion to try other pump. During my no.1, mine was avert electric single pump. But I end up using manually cos I can yield more. Now I'm using medela freestyle which is working quite well thou I still need to use hand to manual express out the last 20ml from one side of my breast (somehow all the pumps I'd tried unable to clear that particular spot).

Chloe,

If you want 1 tin to try out, it's best to get Brown rice. Easiest to digest and absorb by baby. That's why it's the only one recommended from 4 month onwards. The rest is from 6 month onwards.

I'd ordered all the variety cos I only want to order one time and that's it (cos I need to travel to the collect venue). Plus even if baby cannot take it, I'll add to my no.1 breakfast cereal, so not worried of waste.

Jillz, if can't give total bmilk for her due to supply drop, u can always give partial bmilk and FM [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] dun stress as stress will cause bmilk to drop too...jus hang on there and since they r going to be on solid milk soon too... Jia you jia you!

mrs lee: you are not alone...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i am now pumping even much less than you daily and I actually intend to stop at six months..but today my mum ask me why I want to stop if I still got supply...even one feed a day is still a feed for bb...that got me thinking whether I should just continue my morning and night pumps till supply really dries up...

to stop bf or not?

frankly i suddenly felt that if i were to stop i will also feel something is "missing" too cos bb not drinking mummy's milk anymore...i am feeding bb partial BM+FM from day one but everytime i see her drink BM i felt good knowing that I have tried to give her whatever I could...i guess i am going to change my mind about stopping bf liao....hehe...

hapiee: i also tempted to get the blender jovialz bought but scared i won't use it long enough cos' most likely going to feed bb mainly porridge next time and not purees...but i am amazed at the convenience of the gadget...hee...so far i have given bb avocado and butternut pumpkin by just mashing by hand...works ok for me too...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hpc: my ameda sometimes become weak because of the white valve! its really fragile and have to wash with care...i replace two times already cos' when there is a tear it will reduce the pump strength a lot...maybe yours have the same problem...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jillz: *hugs*... bb is growing up so her needs are different now. I think she just want to drink milk in a "big girl" way, not rejecting you. You are doing a great job! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Carrying her, putting her to bed are other ways of bonding also. Just continue to pump whatever you can till you are comfortable to stop. Jia you! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks jovialz. think likely to get the avent steamer cum blender cos office having philip sales.. selling it at $139. thou it is good to let my boy try home made puree instead of the food jar kind.

enmummy > my niece eating porridge too & my sis is using the steamer cum blender to mash the carrots, potatos before putting in the porridge.. so thou quite convenient :p

Of yes, the white valve make a diff to the pumping suction. .. & i m using medela pis. bought extra valve as standby

Enmummy,

Same like hapiee's sis, I blend my no.1 veg and meat during initial month cos even mince is taxing for their digestive system.

I would make ice puree for my no.1. He take it like sorbert [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mrs lee, you can think the other way round. Bb is ready to wean off from Ur breasts. For me if I'm at home, my girl will refuse to take milk from bottles and yell, she only wan milk from latching. I think I wil hav hard time to wean off from breasts and stop Bf. Every nite she likes to stick her face on my breasts.. My cousin still sucks her mom's breasts alto no more milk.. Don be upset

Im quite stress on weaning.. Really don know what food to feed and how to prepare them as im a v lousy cooker. Anyone can share how to make avocado purée? First meal Shd be rice cereal rite? May I know when to add in those ingredient to cereal? Aft how many days can introduce new food? Thanks

Can check when we will know if bb is either left handed or right handed? Cos i notice that he uses alot of his left hand to grab and hold things.

mummies, thanks for the encouragement.. like most of u said, shall continue to preserve so long as i have supply. till one day it dry up, den jus let it be. i believe BM is given, if one day there's no supply, its just the time is up. Here is where i can get all the support, cos mummies here understand where im coming from. whereas, hubby just say, dunwan to latch den dun latch lo.. no milk den feed fm lo.. think he dunwan to stress me too, so just let natural take its course.

hpc, am using medala swing at work..and avent manual pump at home. yup, agree the manual pump works better.

nana, you're right about looking things at the other way. im also a lousy cook, smemore i have to work, cant really prepare homemade puree for her. but i think u can get tips from other mothers on the preparation or read up from books.

jovialz, ya!! its upset to spend so lill time with her since i work.. sometimes i get sensitive when bb doesnt look at me as i carry her. she looks at my mil or hubby, n smile.. so upset and feel like taking one week leave to stay at home with her to have the bond back. but i dun tink i can due to work commitment.

Mrs Lee: My hb is oso like ur hb too, when he see tt my BM supply getting lower n lower n when I will fall asleep while pumping milk he will say, aiyo, dun pump since so little (thgh I know he means well ) but I dun care I still continue pumpin ( I yield like abt 100-120ml a day now) until the day when there's no more milk..hahaha...then i will hv no choice but to give up..

Btw, Mommies, can I give my BB pumpkin puree/ veg puree (but wat veg ) ?? thks thks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jovialz (jovialz) : i feed my son at 9pm, 12am and he will cry at about 3 or 4 hours later.so i try to pat him or carry him and drag to feed him at ard 5 or 6am. I oso try to feed him water during midnight if he cry..he dun want! bcos my son dun wan drink water one..

Sharon Pang (piggypang) : Yes i tried before .he want drink. but i am afraid if i keep to add gripe water n my son won't drink water w/o gripe water in future [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back