(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Brought baby for hospital check and also 3rd round of jaundice check. results were around 177 on day 6-7 which is pretty okay.

But my feet are swollen. It wasn't this bad pre-delivery so it is pretty strange that after delivery my feet and ankles and also calves are swollen. My MIL told me not to walk around too much. Guess the past few days, with the new CL, I have been too gan jiong and watching her every move. When she bathe the baby, whenever baby cries, I jump out from where I am and go to the baby's side.

I think from now onwards, I shall learn to 'nuah' and let the CL do the work. Hopefully my swollen feet will get better soon. Going back for appt today to get my doctor's opinion.

Hammie: CL passport cannot stay for 28 days? My #1 CL told us she need to go back to M'sia after 14days to chop passport. We thought that was strange. I think some agencies dun apply for work permit for these CL to save cost. They are here on social visit pass so they have to go back within 14 days. This is agency's way of cutting cost.

Hi mummies,

Need to make a correction. I refer to Tracy Hoggs, the Baby Whisperer. Like the other mummy, I use it to understand my bb personality and their cues. Very accurate! Especially to differentiate their cues for hunger, gas and tiredness. It's a great resource and I highly encourage getting one. Just get hubby to buy from bookstores. I got mine from kinokuniya ngee Ann city the last time cos was in the vicinity. I'm sure major bookshops carry the book. I used it for my #1 and am still using the book as a reference for this #2. usually am right in differentiating between sleepiness and hunger. Essential for setting a routine and keeping a record too so you can try to reduce guesswork

JanO - actually sounds like u hv water retention. Are you drinking enough water? Have u gotten a ML already?

BF-ing mummies, v imp to drink heaps of water when bf-ing. It makes a huge difference and I can tell the difference this time round. Also, very imp to stay relaxed (or at least try to in the midst of all the emo) in order to keep the supple going. Most impt, which I find for me is true, bb can also sense ur emo. The more kan cheong, the more bb fussed! Strange but true!

JanO - forgot to add on, imp to move about! Helps with the weight loss....at least it's the min. Exercise we can do in the house. And also helps with recovey. Nuah when bb sleeps though, cos that's when u are not needed as much... Heh

Hi lilyn, Is the gro bag ex? How much is it selling at mothercare?seems gd leh.

I woke up at 3plus this morning to pump only when bb cries for milk cos I was dead tired... Breasts were as hard as rocks.

Tried using the wide neck pigeon bottle again and also checked the teats I'm using the 'Y' teats which doesn't flow unless baby suck. It still doesn't work for my bb cos he tends to be overly excited and suck too fast most of the milk will flow out frm the sides. Then he'll vomit some milk few times cos too much air got in and he'll be fussy like now since I fed him at 9am.

I dunno why he fuss so much... Not enough milk or wind in tummy? Haiz....I'm feeling so tired and I'm pumping again.

If I'm not wrong, confinement ladies can stay up to 30 days before they need to go to clear both sin and jb customs. Hence there is the talk about getting their passports stamped. I'm pretty certain why they want to leave after 14 days to stamp their passports is they probably took on another assignment for two weeks prior to working for you. Now that I'm into my 3rd Cl and having seen so many comments online, a lot of them are agree upon multiple assignments without leaving a decent break in case their customers give birth earlier or later than edd. Hence they always come up with excuses like family member unwell, last min commitments and offer their replacements first cuz they want to earn to the maximum i.e. Back to back jobs rather than work one month and off for one month.

Those free lance Cl also do not want to arouse customs suspicions by working till day 30 before stamping their passports so they try to leave before day 30. I tried to extend my first Cl whom was good but as she had her own assignment( client gave birth two weeks earlier), she had to make a u-turn at the customs.

Though the big agencies claim to apply for Cl work permits, I believe the smaller and non-accredited ones do not do so as potential clients could be turned off by the extra costs on top of Cl charges. One day is $6. 28 days multiply by $6 is another hundred plus.

mornin all mummies

my qE vomitted middle of last nite and tis morning...so scary as din happen for my #1 & #2. Puked so much onto my bedsheets, on herself and me...guess could be wind in her tummy as I stopped givin her wind drops. Got to resume & see how.

Hammiebao, endure for a while more and u c ur new CL on thu. Meanwhile, dun worry abt the quantity of milk as now u r feedin on demand. I duno how much my gal drinkin, but monitor base on her output, urine n poo and she drinks abt 2 - 3hrs like tat. Jia you!

Strawberry, probably u can try burpin him first and in between and aft? I latch bb direct & she also got wind in her tummy. Haiz...fussy gal leh...

1st mth celebration:

got to split to 2 days on next wkend as celebratin my #2 3yr old birthday as well and no place big enough to cater to my in law relatives together wth my side. Any 1 can recommend those 1st mth cake package? Need to get some for my dad' colleagues who gave my gal ang bao..

My gal finished 4 packs of NB diapers, now usin S drypers. Her butt got a bit of rashes liao so usin cloth diaper to air her butt and applt desitin cream. Goin to faint as she pee and poo each time I change the cloth diapers...

Lilyn: thanks for info on iud, shall think about it! Yes, grobag is my #1's sleep cue too! She is 21/2 and just outgrew it! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I like bb whisperer too! I also read gf, modify till I found my own way that works! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jan-O: I had v swollen legs after delivery aso, worse than during preggie, so bad until my slip in shoes aso cannot wear n painful when squat down. The more you walk the worst it is, so just hav a lot of bed rest n massage where possible, let ur CL n hubby do the work. It will go off within a week.

funny... i notice when i latch on demand during day time (average 3hrly) and pump at night, my BM supply dropped from 130ml to 100ml...what's wrong har ? i still eat fish ...drink soup and red date water ...and i also took milk...i tot latching often will boast supply but doesnt seem to work for me... maybe i need to go back to pump more than latching

i used Tracy Hogg's Baby Whisperer to help me understand my baby's cries. it was perfect! (i'm wondering how to teach that to the maids though). I also used GF to put my #1 on a routine. the GF routine was easier for maid to follow...

Naf, thanks.. Really not easy.. So much to learn n experience..

My bb demand increased I think.. Now I latch on when he cry lor.. But recently he like very hungry.. Today I fed him quite alot.. 3am he had 30ml.. Then 6am he latch for 20mins.. 7:45am another 20 mins.. Then 9am 20 mins and 1030am he had about 40 mins.. Hope this will last him longer

Confinement meal,

Anyone have rice for breakfast? My aunt asked CL to cook rice for me for breakfast then she cook like normal dinner portion expect me to finish.. Then I can't finish n I heard her saying that can use for lunch.. I'm not sure if she's going to do it.. Cos I tot confinement food must be freshly make? I heard her explaining herself on phone with my agent just now but she seems normal after that.. Hope she really work as normal and don't do anything funny..

hammiebao... rice for breakfast ? for me it is either mee suah , fried vegetarian noodle or fish porridge all freshly made...to the elder confinement period we cant go hungry maybe that is why your aunt ask her to cook rice but then rice too hungry bah...even for me my breakfast i also find them hungry...cos i still have a cup of milo and chicken essence...

Anyone hv a refernce wat shd b bb's wt/ht by 1 mth eh..

I'm taking the 6-in-1 pkg, 2nd mth then gg clinic.

PTB, I been latching in the day only aft midnite I start pumping every 3-4hrs.. So far supple maintained..

Close to 100ml per full breasts lo.. I oso dunno this is consider good or low supply.

Naf, guess shd b wind in ya gal's tummy.. My boy regurgitate milk often oso.. Like my first boy.. They both hv problms w burpg air out. But heng my#2 fart alot.. Nt as bad as #1's 'merlion' *touchwood*

Oh ya CL aledy been alerted tat u r displeased w her & changing soon? Hmm I tot tat wasn't v gd. Mine I only inform her on the 11.59th hr :p she was kinda of in shock.. I feel bad but Bo bian I kiasee she unhappy n do funny thing.

For my bf I eat v light coz I prefer to slp longer coz wake to pump.. I wake at 9am lidat , had a cuppa of Milo/ cereal drink + bread/ biscuit.. I find mee suah too heavy.. I ask CL nt to

cook tat though MIL always ask me to ask CL to cook for me :p

Ptb & Shan,

My aunt say rice more filling so ask her to cook rice as aunt say must eat early.. Breakfast 7am, lunch 12pm and dinner 6+pm..

Red date tea,

Just cook for 45 mins then can keep warm used thermal flask right? I just realize my CL use slow cooker for it.. She mentioned that she off the slow cooker as just now I said it's too hot.. Now the red date tea is not hot.. Then I guess she was using the slow cooker for the whole of yesterday to keep the red date tea warm.. I really doubt how she manage to work so many years as a CL.. I tot it's very normal to keep the tea in thermal flask? If she's experienced she should ask for it.. Even hospital is using the thermal flask lor!! She use slow cooker to keep it warm I think my electronic bill will be high!! Lucky I step into the kitchen today!

shan previously i pump more than i latch including day time and i can get 130ml now i latch on demand during day time and it drop to 100ml so wonder what did i eat that cause the reduction...

csi_fan, may I know which Tracy Hogg's Baby Whisperer u read? Cos I found that there's a few topic.. Thanks..

Any web site can refer to see how much milk bb should be having? Thanks

hammiebiao...my CL use slow cooker to make red date tea and i am ok with it cos my friends etc all also use slow cooker to slowly make them then transfer them to flask and we are suppose to drink them when hot or lukewarm not when it is cold

shan you still can wake up at 9am for some reason i will auto wake up at 7++ though i only wake up 2 times to pump at night

I'm like Shan. Wake up for Bfast at 9am. This morning I woke up at 9.30am. Skip my mee sua and bee hoon meals after 2 weeks! Eating those food makes me sweat profusely cuz of the wine used to cook with it. My Cl seems happy that I'm only taking Milo, biscuits and chicken essence.

I wake up around 6 or 7am for the morning pump so will grab some sleep again before waking up at 9am. Last pump is midnight. Cl wakes up for the night feeds. The thought of waking up at 2am and 5am for the night feeds is scary (can't imagine after Cl leaves) cuz Cl said my bb can stay awake for 1 hour plus after his night feeds! He also likes to poo at night too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] jialat. Mil said baby will slowly differentiate day and night in later months. Hope this starts before I resume work.

basically for me i pumping time at night some how same as BB feeding time so still no issue hopefully it will be the same when CL leave... but still i cant sleep longer...haiz..i sure missed those days when i can sleep alot haha

velvet> n ur cl cooperate to hlp u establish the routine? Mine cant follow simple instructions, lik to fd my bb alot so he cn slp long long. Whn bb cry, always sy bb hungry. Tink vry difficult to ask her to assist routine. Cn we start applyin only aftr confinement? Too late?

for ebm, do u all use milk bags to store only? Any othr method recommended! In wat pkg of hw mny ml shld we store? Freezer ones cn last for 2 mth rt?

hi all, havent been posting in quite a while..so busy with a toddler and baby...

Btw, how much shld a 3wks+ baby be drinking and how often? Just started bottle feeding a couple of days ago only and i wonder if she drinks more on the breast or by bottle....

cherrios, my 2 weeks old bb is drinking close to 3oz le.

Im still not expresing out much milk. Abit demoralising and thinking of stopped bf-ing. Cos too tiring. I dun have confinement lady cos my mil is doing it for me. But then she doesnt look after my bb one. Oni bathe him in the morning then the rest of the days is under my care.. Gotta feed him every 3hourly and lacking of sleep!

Haiz, my mum is so fed u with my mil cos she doesnt cook breakfast for me, only ask me to drink chicken essence and cereal, then lunch cook at 12+ and can only eat at 1pm+ coming to 2pm. Then dinner she cook as early as 4pm+ and ready to eat at 5pm+.. where got get so hungry easily with 4hours lap??!!

Somemore, never brew any "bu" for me to drink, and my mum have to do it and bring it to me.. damn sickening! Im hoping the confinement soon be over! so that i can bring bb over to my mum place daily

hi

hope all is coping well.. haven't been having enough sleep.. dark rings are out.. sigh.. hope it'll go away soon.. one more wk to end of confinement.. can't wait..

I haven't started massage yet cuz I csect and scared affect wound.. though dr says 2 wks can start.. I coming to 4wks.. anybody started already for csect? how's ur wound after massage?

I jus finished my bb full mth last weekend.. got the baby shower decor.. one says 'baby' the other says 'it's a girl'.. both are 4.3meter.. bot for $35.. letting go at $20.. let me know if u r interested.. then I send the pics..

cheers

hammiebao,

My CL used slow cooker to brew the red date tea too, and I do agreed with her tat using slow cooker is better coz firstly it will keep warm, and the water level will not reduce alot like using the gas to cook. Then she will alway transfer to airpot for me to take and drink as and when I want. Another thing is that, since she is on 'night shift' taking care of the baby, she will nap in the day, which I will always ask her to nap too, so if using slow cooker, dun need to 'watch fire' mah.

This month electricity bill will sure hit high level de. but no choice lor...even the marketing price is costly lor with all the herbs and food we are taking....but well this are the price of having our little angels mah.

Jun,

Is your MIL putting lots of ginger and sesame oil in ur food? the last time my MIL do confinemnent for me, she did nt even finish a small bottle of sesame oil lor. although initially I told her to put less ginger and sesame oil due to my boy jaundice lah.

My CL, already finish a bottle of sesame oil in close to 2 weeks time. and she already uses alot of ginger too.

That time, my MIL cook those food are juz normal food without prawns etc nia....coz she is also cooking for herself and my hb to eat. My CL will cook a confinement dish for me to eat and a few normal dish if my son and hb is eating. if not, all the dishes, she will cook with ginger lor. In my view, my MIL uses less ginger all those as she is trying to save $$ for my hb lor. This time, each trip of marketing is at least $50 for a few days food, so now my hb feel the pinch. but he know I am eating much better food and my milk supply this time is also much more as compared to last time. best of all, both he and me is not stress out as there is no MIL to upset me, and he wont be caught in between lor. but our pocket have burnt a BIG HOLE lor....muahahha

Chris - I dun hv CL. My mum help me. At first she was resistant to me referring to the book, but after a while see the benefit of routine, she is now a firm believer. I don't think after confinement is too late. Better late than never. Actually routine is just to set the type of activities involving bb. Hoggs recommends eating, followed by an activity (can be diaper change, play, bath), followed by bb sleep then focus on you (can be eat, rest, sleep, etc). So bb will be familiar with the pattern and know what to expect.

diana, ginger yes! the ginger was pre-fried in sesame oil. So ginger will reduce milk flow? the ML said actually i got milk, or issit becos i pump less frequent, tats y?

These days i only eat 2 meals a day. Lunch will be outside food and dinner will be home cooked.. does it sound confinement?? And mil still have the cheek to tell me confinement must be well taken care, if not old liao then jialat.. but then she is not doing much for me!

Imagine 1st day when i discharged, I ask her if she got brew red date, then she told me she will do it the next day.. Ended up me drinking plain water for the day. Everything has to be ask for!

Jan0: The swollen is quite normally. My gynea said usually goes off by 4th week. My legs swelling are gone by 2nd week and my hands swelling gone in 3rd week. Better rest more and let the CL do while she is ard. My CL just left on sunday and these few days are really tough to wake up for night feeding plus bb keeps having wind in the tummy is keeping him uncomfortable and not sleeping well. Been so tired and hasnt pumped for 2 days and likely to stop.

One-joy- I received it from a friend last week. Packaging and labels are really nice, but the cookies and chocolate inside are so so only.

Full month caterer: Had it last sunday using Mum's kitchen, food so so only not as good as what we heard about. Also we ordered lunch and dinner and some dishes are repeated but the quality is different. Their signature chicken curry is not as fantastic as I thought too.

Lilyn: may I ask if u delivered via natural or c-section? I delivered via c-section abt 2 weeks ago and I wanna know if it is okay to start my massage now. Is ur ML experienced in massaging mummies after c-section? I wanna start soon but like other mummies here, am worried abt e wound.

CherrIe, our timing abt the same. Mine is 1am, 4am, 7am roughly . then 7am I go bk slp until 9am.

Someone mention rite, if pump often. It's the breasts wake us.. True sometime I missed my alarm , coz #1 slp w me, I set low ring vol. But my breasts will feel engorged n wales me to pump Like 4hrs aft tat.

Btw my lochia is gone last few days.. Ard day 23.. Normal hor..

My 3wk + bb is drinkg 100-120ml bottle feed EBM.

Heng my this CL able to tune back bb appetite normally.. Remb my old CL tldme bb need 6oz??!!

My this CL tld meshe wonder hw she fed.. Coz bb will leftover 5ml lidat even when she gv 100ml.

My confinement is endg soon.. Am so scare coz CL Is leaving & maid can't b here until late Dec.. I home alone w 2 difficult rascals.. Jialat!!!!!

My CL say she can cook n do kueh for bb full mth for me. She even show me her ang ku kueh mould. Woah! I am amazed!

Her cooking is good n hav variations! Later ask hubby. Kekeke!!

Shan - i also have to take care of 2 starting Jan next yr, so dec is like honeymoon for me & bb alone after CL leave. Tmr CL leaving hope bb is cooperative with me, so fast confinement ending ~~

Shan: I already worry I can't cope with 1 crying bb alone. You got 2, lagi tough. U got in laws or parents to help for time being?

I think she know. Its really fate i got her. It was kinda last min. She got one slot that was cancelled (by her). N at same time i was looking. I got 4 recommendations n decide on her.

Im in aircon room n feeling hot. N its raining outside! Urghhh!

Shan: welcome to the club! Me too, am looking after 2 kids on my own! Already into my solo with 2, hubby out of town! Are you working? Where do you live?

Koori: are you quitting your job? I'm a SAHM. Where do you live?

Koori.. Ya I am feelg scare.. W my active 4yr old who refuse to coperate, n my snacking & cryg #2, then pumpg n preparing meals.. I dunno u can cope or not.

Jo, u oso.. How hv u been doing? But u

got maid rite? I wanna get but can't yet, the earliest available is end dec. No, don hv inlaws or parents to help.. All

working.. Am really scare lo.. Ladies pls gv advices n support... Juz nw handling my cryg bb alone I so scare Liao. Coz he wasn't hungry though his mouth keep opening.. He's actually too tired wanna slp but can't slp thru.

Jo: Must *kow tao* to you. How u manage & still got time to chat here.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/proud.gif]

Shan: Have you consider tingkat meals?.. cooking need time to buy, prepare & wash. Minus that, u can have more time to settle ur boys b4 your maid comes.

Mummies, u all li hai.. I dun even dare to be alone with bb, not to say handling 2 kids.

I try to handle my boy for juz 3 hrs alone, I already break down crying together with the bb...

Shan: me no maid, no ILs(working) and mum(too naggy, I scared!) to help also. But i have sisters as lifelines though. i only ve a part time cleaner to come by to clean 2xs a week. Hb and I like the thought of someone. cleaning the place and toys, things always return to original place but we are not ready to sacrifice our privacy, so daringly try out first without maid. We survived confinement! today is my last day! Ha ha

ha... Maybe I can go interview to be a day CL! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'm not sure

if I'll get one eventually cos #1will be in school next year, a lot easier to handle just one.

Me so far so good, can nap with them so still ve some reserve. So far so good, am coping ok, still fine tuning the timing of handling 2. Ya, support is important! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Jia you!

Jewel: now can chat cos they sleep Liao and I'm just browsing to make myself sleepy. Turning in soon for 3rd shift. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my feeding and pumping times = my chat times! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ha ha ha... I take the alone with kids time as my slimming sessions! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

How are you coping? Enjoying motherhood?

Back