(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

passport,

thanks on the updates. cos ICA website didnt show anyting, n i recall someone said it has to be min 6mths old. guess i'll do it after my confinement, dun tink hubby can handle bb alone at ICA office. haha!!

tenderhearted, wow.. urs sounds like contraction if it moves to the front.

orangebb, ya..maybe i can go check out, buy for next pregnancy. hahaa!

Mrs Lee: Really? Getting the cramps again now... just now shower cannot breathe but still no water leakage & no show loh..

Jewel: Sleep tight & sleep sweet tonight.. maybe it's due to so many changes that's happening so fast and anxieties? But you really describe the postnatal ritual well.. :p

tenderhearted, I had contractions and also no waterbag leakage and show....by the time my waterbag leaked/broke, i was fully dilated. So, no water leakage or show doesn't mean it's not labour... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Good luck!

re swollen feet, yeah, mine also came after delivery. I thot my eyes or memory had problem, coz I didn't remember my legs that swollen during pregnancy. Not quite sure how to get rid of the swell...

re feeding baby water, yeah, i know. for #1 we didn't give her any water till I can't remember when. Just that lately got so many pple telling me to give some water blah blah blah....aiyoh. So have to check back in here to find out if I remember stuff correctly or I'm outdated already. hahaha...

CSI_Fan: Oh I see! Thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Thought I better stay home no matter what, till I see leakage or show...! I was really wondering hard why my feet or hands not swollen at all till Jovialz and you shared... phew..!

Angsc, clover congrats!!!

Clover & tenderhearted, thanks fir the info for the book, will check it out.. Maybe ask my friend to get it for me when Kinokuniya got member discount

Nana, 3 SM is nothing!! Mine alot alot.. Especially on my right tummy where bb's body is..

backache,

I tot its somehow a sign of labour? Or bb big and pressing on the nerves?

Jewel, maybe can try to use some lavender oil to relax ur mind before u sleep.. I'm sure u can handle whatever comes along.. Good that ur CL is helping.. I can't imagine how it will be for me too.. Lucky I don't have much relatives in SG.. And I'm quite sure hubby's side relatives won't bother to come to my place to visit me except his sisters and mum.. Will see! Haha

Since yesterday till this evening, my bb movement quiet down.. That actually scared me.. I dare not sleep till I count bb got 10 times movement.. Even thought I was super tired.. Today bb also very quiet.. I use the bbmotion App whenever I can.. Lucky bb back to his normal movements after having some sour lemonade and ice cream after dinner..

No sign of labour for me yet.. Only had menses cramp for a very short while once and that's it.. Tummy still looks high.. But I dreamt of me in labour yesterday.. Quite funny that in the dream I was squatting and some nurse around me Asking me to push! Then my up SMS woke me.. Haha

Hammiebao: Thank God your BB moving actively after dinner! Your dream is really cute... I read that squatting is the ideal position for delivery since olden days...

Backaches: Any diff b/w usual backaches from big belly and those due to labour contractions?

Sleep: Muz try to sleep soon... haiz..

Btw reheating of soup/ tea is fine for us or not? MIL saw & was v particular abt it, tld CL Liao but she still the same. Brew big pot of Logan tea then reheat when my flask is emptied. Is it fine? My MIL asked her to brew in smaller portion , as & when I need refill but I guess she juZ won't follow. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Nana, cos i dunwan to have jus one ma..ofcos not so soon la. ;p

thanks shan!

tenderhearted, guess we're on same situation.. heheh!!

hammiebao, dun scare urself..jus continue to monitor lill chris movement. sweet stuff can wake them up sometimes. jiayou oh!!

Back labour >> back pain that aches like cramps can be a sign of labour. I delivered 3 days ago and my labour started with back pain that came irregularly at first but built up to a somewhat unbearable level. When I checked in at the labour ward, there were some contractions at tummy too but were quite weak. If you're feeling back pains that come every few minutes, do go to the hospital to check if it's the real thing.

I bought the Gina ford book fr popular

CSI: can try red bean soup to get rid of swell

Tenderhearted: mine not swollen too. So far no sign except for the cramp or contraction last fri which I suspect the day my BB got engaged.

Tummy height: actually I feel that my tummy still look the same, din look lower or feel the area btw my chest n tummy flatten due to BB moving down... Mayb coz my torso is too short for my big BB. Hurhurhur.

Hammiebao: sometimes when I feel BB din move much, I let him listen to class 95, or hip hop music. Drinking orange or coke will make him move as well. Drink already can semi lie down whereby ur tummy flatten a bit. If not, I start to rub the place i know where his leg or butt is. Hehe!

When bb engaged for my case I can feel it.. My tum tum like dropped & I started to waddle unlike b4, then keep wantg to go loo.

Cont monitor the contractions.. Orangebb... Gd luck.. ContrActions r clearer indicator of labour compare to others.. Ie, show..& if water bag leak, u got 24hrs to admit yaself to the hospital..

Gd luck mummies & congrats Clover &

angsc..

I borrow GF from lib.. Hvnt done readg :p then I popped Liao..

Jillz, my c-section is set as next tue 16/11, my dad birthday. Hopefully qE will choose to come out before tat day. U takin prenatal class at Parkway East?

Btw, is anyone here took up aviva my shield plan? ny good agent to recommend tat is not pushy fr aviva? Cuz checked tat they have a plan whereby both parents covered under myself plan and child enjoys free coverage till 20years old. Thus may wan to switch my boys hops plan fr aia to tis and also to cover myself under hops plan since now no longer working.

Btw was more emo yesterday when hb in a way blame me tat told qE to wait till elder boy concert over on last Sat then come out. Now delay almost a week and end up scheduled for c-section next tue. Also a lot of his bs trip is put on hold till I give birth, meaning he will hav to travel a lot aft bb born.

Sorri for ranting here.

Hi mummywong,

Regarding purchasing books frm book depository.com you can select currency to be in pounds, usd or au dollars.

Hi mummies,

I think my bb has got wind in his tummy. Last night he slept at 1 plus after waking up at ard 10. Couldn't sleep cos of tummy discomfort.

Then he woke up once st 4 and 7am for milk. Me so tired I think I better go catch some rest now

mrs lee,

actually making passport is very easy for bb..u can wait till bb is a bit older, can submit digital photo fr home, check thru the instructions at ICA webbie? ICA will inform u when all is done, and u just need to head down w bb to collect..very quick and efficient! i travelled down to KL with bb #1 when he was only 6 weeks old i think!

naf,

bb do their timings themselves! if only we mummies have tt much control over our bb, most of us wouln't have to suffer so much (i.e. painful contractions, swelling etc etc!!) the delay is totally not up to u lor, it's up to your little one...

backache:

backache+contractions are a sign of labour, cuz it feels diff from braxton hicks, which is just tummy tightening..

hammiebao,

i'm also super concerned about bb movements now! read on the web somewhere tt u can try taking something sweet like juice and then see if bb moves...(in ur case the ice cream must have worked!)

hammiebao> so glad yr bb moves as normal, must be worrying nowadays, hoope yr bb comes out soon, so that you can be out of this "mental stress". are yr parents visiting u when u give birth?

tenderhearted> ya not necessary everyone will have show/waterbag leakage, different people have different symptoms. if yr contractions are regular, you better check with yr gynae. for my soup, sometimes the lunch soup is also for dinner as the soup need to boil for many hours thus when night time just reheat it.

shan> i think rebrewing is ok, esp red dates drinks. you see they need to put alot of ingredients (portion also) to make the drink (1 big bowl) so that the thickness/taste just nice, if they put little bit & make small bowl like not nice to drink? and it takes alot of time to reboil small portion everytime? my CL also makes 1 big bowl & put in thermal flask.

OrangeBB> so how was the curry fish yr maid cook? i also crave for curry fish esp now i'm in hk, my MIL sometimes use the A1 curry fish sauce to cook for us to eat though.

emo> think all of us are esp emo during the last phase of pregnancy & also when the bb is out. for me, initially my CL here i very happy cos both hubby & myself can rest at night. but after few days, i start to feel emo too. i feel the CL's not as "hardworking" as me when changing pampers (i worry the bb feel uncomfortable is smelly pampers), i feel the CL seems more tired than me when i also wake up same time, sleep later than her & when early wee hours baby cry for milk, though she wakes up to feed from expressed BM, i also wake up to pump my milk, and same as other CL, she likes to chit chat, eg telling me "actually we (CL) can differenciate the difference of normal crying sound & vomitting sound", so night time bb cry we can hear one, but once i saw her quite tired so i wake up quietly to carry bb out to BF, she never heard me/bb cry till after some time. luckily my CL not as bad, else sure i'll go crazy also. esp now my bb starts to "vomit" milk sometimes also, i see already so heartpain. and my son always cry more at night which i don't know why he's crying though he has ate & change pampers, i hope after CL leaves i can manage.

Thanks shan! Already on my toes.

Mummywong: Maid cooking not bad. Timing is good too. Hopefully she will continue to be as good, hardworking n take care BB well.

Confinement: I'm going to hav to REALLIGN the expectation of 4 person.... Oh including me will be 5. They will be MIL, CL, hubby cousin who studies nurse b4 will pop by(pls don

come often) n my maid hav went thru NB w CL b4 3yrs plus ago n she still remembers! I was telling her I'll wake up every 3 hrs to BF, she say 2 n half hrs Maam. N agree that BB cloths must handwash, must use BB bottle cleaner n detergent, etc. I think she also can b CL....

Hopefully it'll turn out to be having help n can rest rather than having to entertain ALL of them..... Imagine having extra brain on north south east west, n I myself who always hav an idea n wan things my way....

hammie>> I also borrow GN books from lib, will be returning today during my gynae visit.. I find the content too routine to be followed..

Mrs Lee >> it daunts me y suddenly my foor swell tat much until i was told to watch put that this is a sign of labour.. but today, the swell reduce quite alot.. I am 11 days to go to my edd, no signs of anything yet.. just scary dreams haha

Tenderhearted >> I think i will also continue to avoid the VE check to avoid the disturbances.. I also wana go as natural as possible..

Nana: I also got no swollen feet or hands till now. No backache for me, and my colleagues and friends ask me not to walk so fast, better slow down....That's my usual pace. I guess cos bb not engaged yet.

Yesterday went for gynae check, turned 37th week yest and requested for Strep B check. Wah, he inserted something inside and I felt a bit painful leh..can't imagine when need to do VE hat time, will be worse.

Bb weight gain very rapid. 2 weeks ago at 2.3kg (gynae commented din grow much from previous visit) but yesterday was 3.1kg! He thot mistake so kept trying to re-measure then asked me "what did u eat?" BUt I din eat anything unusual or high sugar content..just normal portion and normal food. Maybe the secret is less sleep..... Now will see wat weight she is at gynae a week later.

hpc> no worries, bb weight will slow down towards last few weeks, so after this huge increase, think the bb growth will linger around 3.1kg. good weight liao, don't eat too much kekeke..

Naf – Understand and shared your feeling. Take care.

Strawberrys79 – Not easy, got time faster go and rest. Pickly heat snake powder can apply on hair also? Regarding my maid I can only say I will try my best, refuse to follow instructions is the worse especially on hygiene issues.

Shan – I think it’s ok la! Coz later I will do the same just don’t wait till it is cold and reheat again and again.

hammiebao – Don’t scared yourself, my bb also like that, she can be very active, moving no stop for 24 hours (even I’m sleeping) but following day will rest the whole day.

CSI –For my #1 I give a bit of water too because mother said if bb never consumes plain water b4 they might refuse to drink it later so I give a bit.

Jewel – Take care, relax and rest well.

Hho – Agreed with u poly clinic’s experience is good too and cheap.

Bluesoda – I never BF my #1 so I’m not aware and never heard that we need to drink plain water b4 we BF our bb but strictly told that cannot drink plain water (warm one also cannot) and must sit down when we eat or drink during our confinement.

PTB – I used dry shampoo after I give birh to my #1, so far so good just that after that my hair spoiled need to do treatment lor! Even don’t use dry shampoo 1 mth can’t wash our hair truly sure got problem de lor!

Hi,

I delivered my twin girls naturally without epi on Wed morning, twins are 2.3kg, 2.44kg. We came back home yesterday afternoon, got tough night with twins taking turns to wake up.

Congrats to other mummies delivered!

Jia you to mummies who will deliver soon!

tubao> congrats! must be double the toughness to manage twins than us, but u'll enjoy when they grow up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mrs Lee: Same in reading for signs? :p

OrangeBB: Ya loh.. no other signs other than 'regular' irregular contractions throughout the day? Really blur here..

Nottoz & Mummywong10: Thanks for the tips on backaches! Having contractions throughout the day yesterday but at 15-min interval with lower backaches then this morning is 8 - 12 min interval so far for the last 2 hours.. should I call Gynae? Now that I know leakages or show & swollen limbs may not apply to all? Haiz... or should I wait till contractions go closer to 5-min interval? Really aching and cramping.. last night got sharp pain around lower abdomen and bottom but slept through it cuz unsure.. Haiz...

tenderhearted> 8-12 min interval for 2 hours is like consider contractions already i think? when i had 10mins interval contractions for 1hr, i already prepared to admit myself liao (while waiting to call gynae), as before that i already had contraction pain for few hours but not as regular. i think u can call gynae to check, how many wks are u in now? wk37? go get a shower & wash yr hair before admitting to hosp heee...

VT thanks... think maybe i will go shop for dry shampoo just in case :p

btw thsoe yet to give birth...do BB become less active..due to lack of space... i dun get those strong punches..but nowaday more like bb turning and occasion kick on the rib cage...should that be a concern

Oct/Nov 2010 Birth List

Congrats tubao! You are really amazing to deliver your twins naturally without epi! Rest well & thanks for sharing with us your bundles of joy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Congrats Nottoz too! Placed you on the list with what I know so when you can, just share more with us ya! Rest well too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

To Add/Update Birth List via Online Form

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEVDaVA5SjVpdEZ4SHRfMDZRaS11bnc6MQ#gid=0

To View Birth List

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AmrK_xaPhWk5dEVDaVA5SjVpdEZ4SHRfMDZRaS11bnc&hl=en_GB&output=html

fLin: Thanks for sharing via form! Updated for you le..

Shan/Jun: Me too.. also borrowed GF from NLB and just come to the part on the strict schedules... woah.... very strict ah..! Muz explain to hubby and my mum who's doing confinement for me too..

Jun: But at Wk 38 now so VE should be soon for me and if I call Gynae, I will get it.. then maybe I will have bleeding discharges too? Can see show liao :p me tired till so corny..

Sleep: Still so tired now.. after toilet treks at 5+am can suddenly think of how it feels if pills are inserted into cervix to soften...!

Mummywong10: Really??? Shuckz.. very nervous now.. heart beat very fast now... but if I only dilate less than 4cm, I should insist on coming home right? Don't want to get tortured in hosp... sometimes just wish BB will glide out on-the-spot....

tenderhearted> i think depends on gynae? if less than 4cm depends on how fast u'll dilate also. i rem shan dilate abit but she insist to discharge to celebrate her #1 birthday before admitting another day. u in 38wks ah, u continue to monitor closely, got menstrual like cramp & abit backaching pain? the contractions should be quite regular.

tenderhearted, if u stil having contractions+backache, mayb u can call ur gynae to check? aft 1st VE i got little blood stain, 2nd VE caused my mucus plug dropped in the next day, 3rd VE caused bleeding (the doc said it's bloody show, but i was really bleeding lehz, not just bloody discharge)

hpc, someone has explained swollen feet/hands may come aft giving birth. now can enjoy our slim feet and hands before popping.

tubao, congrats and u r really a brave mom, 2babies without epi! how you did it! share ur birth story to us ya.

Any mummies's babies are active at night? My girl never sleeps at night...she will wake up ard 12am for her feed and stay awake through the night till about 6am....we are only into her 9 days in this world and I oredi broke down once....cos I am sooooo tired. As I dun have a CL, I pretty much handle her myself cos my hubby has to work.

Are there any tried and good methods to make babies sleep at night?

whitecookies> some people will try giving pacifier but i didnt as i think too young for them to take. my son also abit cranky at night, but luckily he don't stay wide awake throughout, but he'll keep "crying" like asking for milk though he has been fed, i think he wants people to carry.

Hi mummies, I gave birth yesterday morning via c sect. My nit weighes at 2.86kg. Kinda light n I was hoping he wld be 3kg as wat the gynae measured last sat.

We are doing very well. Bb is learning to latch. Bf him for 6x so far. He has peed n pooped many times too. Ü As for me, I'm able to walk on my own since this morning. Feel v much better than the last time. Can actually discharge early tomorrow but will rest longer in hospital.

Take care, everyone!

for those of u who find GF too structured, u may want to consider baby whisperer? i found her methods worked for my boy pretty well last round [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

anyone here having loose stools? gynae said its because of the pressure tt bb is applying on my pelvic region, but its so annoying! going to toilet so much more often now cuz of this..

whitecookies,

Oh dear, is ur bb confusing day w nite? or also not sleeping much in the day time? sometimes it could be also due to overstimulation in the day time, or conversely, not nuff sleep during daytime naps..nb gets overtired very easily which makes it actually harder for them to sleep at night. so try to let her have regular naps in the day..i was told by so many ppl last time that i should let my boy sleep less in daytime so he can sleep better at nite, but it was really really very unhelpful advice cuz he ended up crying for super long at night..later on after reading baby whisperer i ralised it was cuz he was overtired so very hard to settle down!

tubao,

congratulations! twins and without epi, wow!!!

nana,

think ur worried about delivery..its normal! esp with all the various VEs and u starting to have signs of labour

congrats clover... almost everyday one mummy will pop... soon before nov is over...all would have pop hahaha

whitecookie..maybe dun like bb sleep too much during day time ?

Congrats tubao & clover.

whitecookie: Try putting soothing music at the background and calm her to sleep? There are some Mozart music that for suitable for sleeptime, maybe you can ask your hubby check it out.

Clover - congrats on ur newborn

Swelling Feet - i hv no swelling feet nor hands. My waterbag burst by itself. So I believe swelling or not, when the time is due for baby to arrive, he/she will still report on time. ;)

Maid - are u mummies having philipino ir indonesian maid? Thought its tough to hire the former now.

tenderheart, for me i think if can skip then i will skip.. i am at my 38+3 today, suppose to check last week but i told gynae this week.. prob will tell him i dun wan to check when i visit him later.. Since u r showing some signs, I think most likely after VE, the contractions will stirred up again. Bring along ur hospital bag just in case.

Congrats to tubao and clover on the newborn!

Mummywong10, Nana & Jun: Thanks alot! Contractions slightly closer for 7-10 min interval so I just called my Gynae.. she suggested to admit right away... but I asked her if I can see how dilated I'm first loh so seeing her later at her clinic first.. getting gan cheong now..

Lilyn: I also have loose stools since the day before.. the worst was yesterday.. but is this a labour sign?

Woah hpc! ur BB don wan to lose out. Most nov mummies BB r quite big. Hehe!

Ange: mine is Indonesian but can speak English well

Tenderhearted: loose stools is a labour sign. Hohoho!! Jiayou!!

Tenderhearted >> are you on your way to hospital now? Should just go in for a check. They'll put you on ctg monitoring to see if you have front contractions as well. I was dilated 2-3cm earlier in the day (I admitted at ard midnight coz back pain got worse). No worries, you'll be in good hands! All the best!

Back