(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

thanks gsm..

rashes.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]sigh~ i m already hving it now. see doctor also no use.

Zuen

My boy is 21mths now. Yes, she can handle both alone independently. Her priority is taking care of the babies and she can only do housework when they are sleeping, so we just have to close one eye when come to housework. She also cook, bath and pat the babies to sleep during day nap time, for night i will take over so that i can spend time with them. She is very patient with the babies and she love them lots. Last year initially she wanted to go home for good when her contract ended but at the last week before i puchased her airticket she decided to stay on cos she couldnt bear to leave my boy, she sayang him lots. When she returned to her hometown for 2 weeks home leave during hari raya she even called me so many time just to ask how was my boy, did i do this and that afraid i forgot to do the usual routine for my boy machiam like my nanny haha.. Right now with the arrival of #2 she even more attached with them that she told me she would like to stay on till her passport expire in another 5years [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

melissa,

the best thing is last time wear low jeans low skirt low pants low shorts... now everything must wear high waist if not the bulge too obvious!

dont worry about the milk intake, at this age they just drink 4-5 feeds. after 8 months 3-4 feeds.

gsm, yar my friends and colleague keep saying bf will help to lose wt but instead, I feel more hungry and thus eat more and thus more fat. No time to exercise also....sian.

Loca, I hope u r okie.

Ann, how is Nic taking the weather?

Wow gsm, glad u found such a good maid.

MelissA,

not to scare you, condoms are not safe at it. It has a 20% failure rate. I know of at least 3 friends / relatives who kana pregnant when using condoms.

Nowadays pills are very safe n in fact will have beautiful skin with no weight gain...very different from out mothers' time. Once I hit 1 yr from delivery date I will do iud.. Gynae say cos c section hence no iud now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Boohoo. I m trying to eat less to try to lose weight but seriousy not easy lor. It makes me so hungry. I miss those earlier days where I can just eat bcos I "just gave birth" and bf-ing. Now already 6+ months post delivery and I m still so faraway from my pre-Isaac weight.

Irish,

Ur maid good wor. Lucky you to get a good maid too. My one, I close one eye most of the time.

Congrats stella n grace!

Mommies, i tink im having mastitis.. Found a painful lump yesterday under my right breast and then by nitetime i was down wif fever n achy body. Took panadol n antibiotics n kept. Latching baby.. Pain has subside a bit today but the lump is still there.. A bit worried.'will it go away? i havent seen gp yet. Any home remedies to ease the pain?

Enfapro

Mine with the same batch # but different timing has no salty taste. Maybe when i go back home then try myself. Another tin at my mum's place. Will get her to check.

Ya maybe is just isolated case.

Marrissa, Ouch! Seems really painful. Try using hot gel pressed? Or continue latching your baby. They are the best healer! Hope it will go away soon ya!

BF did not help me in slimming down too! I heard people saying BF will slim down very fast. But not for my case. Maybe also din BF much cos not much supply....

Irish, so nice to have good maid! Really good helper ya!

Sighz...so sian...still working in the orpit... Grrr...

Zuen: two gp said e same thing wor that my immune system

Is low most prob because of being pregnant n bf at e same time. Tiring n stressful, thats y I can't shake off this flu.

Gsm: I'm stil expressing milk for my boy coz I wan him to get that antibodies too. Hopefully will prevent him frm getting my flu.

Melissa: dun really wan to decrease my pumping coz as it is i exclusively pump n only 3 times a day. Since pregnant my ss decrease alot n gotta struggle to keep up at least half supply if cut down somemore dun think will hv much left n I'm already I'm supplementing w formula but sometimes jus too exhausted to pump in the middle of the night. N yes the dic gave pregnancy n bf safe meds.

wow Irish

your maid is good.. =) like strike toto lor.

bblibran

are your rashes very itchy? now the weather like that how siah?

stella

jia you!

Gsm, yes very itchy. So it's very frustrating for me lo [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] think I need to see doc again

Mummies who r sick,

hope you'll recover soon. It really sucks to be sick and have to take care of the lit one and yourself. But do try to rest as much as you can.

Hope yr hbs will be v helpful ard the hse and take care of bb so you can rest

Mel

thks for yr reply on feeding. Yes I have been feeding her lunch n dinner since 5 mths plus. so far she eats abt 2 ice cube size purée with rice cereals. Sometimes I gv her porridge too. But I wasn't sure if I was feeding her enough. I guess so far the amt is sufficient hor.

Morning!

Zuen: When he bites you, "hit" his mouth and scold him sternly. That is to tell him you don't condone it and its wrong. He will learn... else... poor nipples.

Marissa: See an LC to try to clear the lump. That is the root cause of your problem. Do it asap coz if blocks are not remove, can become so "stuck" that you need a surgeon to draw out the milk with a needle (expensive and pain).

Good Morning Ladies and Ian! TGIF! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and next week is a short week, but the week aft next would be a full week for 2months till Aug, long wait.

I seriously dont blieve bf helps to lose weight. Im far frm pre preg weight lor.. still has abt 7kg of fats to shed. Dont dare to go on diet cos scared nutrients in bm will b compromised. Really envy mummies who lose weight fast.

Fifi,

I always tell him not to bite him but didn't try beating me. Now, I super scare to latch him when he is not ready to latch or when he is in a foul mood. It is worse that he is bottle feed when I m at work bcos teats dun yell in pain when he bite n pull e teat. -.o" he has been biting me way before his teeth started spourting n things r not improving.

Ange,

I m trying hard to eat a little lesser n refrain from snacking but it is so hard. Boohoo.

Gsm,

Yes, yes.. The 2 top ones. It was painful when he bit me with his toothless gum then n now.... I want to cry.

bblin, im feeling much better today. No more fever and my breast not as sore but the lump still there. Kept latching baby and apply hot pressure. Doesnt seem to be working yet.

Fifi, omg really, need surgery? Was hoping it would gradully go away

Mommies, any contacts for private lc pls

Marrissa, 4 mths ago I had hard as rock breasts, 1big 1 small lump at armpit, very little milk cld be expressed though so engorged.. Few days ltr I started to run fever. I was extremely worried my bm wld b tainted if I had to go on fever medi hence I refused to c doc. Then my husband decided to massage my breasts cos he said he wld exert more proper strength than me as I wld flinch n massage lightly when its painful. Tat nite he managed to clear my breasts n milk flowed fast n smooth. Fever subsided too. He cont to massage for me for a week cos the breasts somehw cont to get blocked. Abt a week or so not only did mybreasts get fully cleared, those 2 lumps at left armpit were gone too. I dunno is ur case same as mine. Maybe u wanna gv it a try? During massage my husband had applied hot technique.

Gd morning! TGIF.... cheers!

Stella, hope you get well soon.

Marrissa, you can try Mdm Rokiah. She is not LC but she uses hot stone to remove the block thus not so painful. http://jamumassage.com/packages-prices. The hot stone works well. I purchased from her and use that to remove block on my own. Hope yours clear up soon.

Zuen, i can imagine how painful it will be. Salute you for persevering. My new helper we also close eye, she is new but good work attitude so hopefully he can pick up her speed soon. She does things a little slow lah.

Irish, you helper very good able to handle 2 and still cook and do house cleaning. So hard to fine such good one these days.

Afternoon mummies,

It's going to rain again n I hate the thunder. Kayden trying to sleep lor. Haiz.

Zuen:

Don't think u are in my FB list. Can I add u or u add me? My email [email protected]

Regarding the meetup, let me know where n wat time in the morning? I'll discuss with hb tonight.

Marissa:

Can imagine the lumP. Wen my boy sleep thru n nvr wake up to latch, really so engorged lor. U can try calling Mt A n ask for private lactation consultant number. So sorry but I deleted the contact that they gave me.

Ange

it's nice when our hbs are helpful isn't it!! I love mine to bits cos he is really hands on w bb too! Sometimes can be annoying but I guess I annoy him too! Haha

argh my period came yesterday. And tomor me heading to malacca! Argh wat timing. Mummies who alr have their period, is it different fro before preg?? Like no more cramps or flow heavier?? Ke damn scare mine will he heavy heavy flow!! So far not much pain like before n flow not heavy. But today only day 2 so still crossing fingers.

And talking abt my trip tomor, I think I'm insane but I'm gg to bring the purée ice cubes over in cooler bag for bb meals. Htl said the fridge in room hv freezer compartmt so I can use it. I hope they dun bluff me. But just in case I will go buy the food jars too. Me trying not to feed her commercial food while I can help it. Think I mad tho. Food jars so much more convenient!!

Xin2,

yesterday there were 2 stupid fighter jets flying rd n rd at my plc I live in east coast woke my bb up!!! I swore I could hv slapped their face!! She jus fell aslp like 30mins n they have to roar thru the skies!! Didn't go back to slp until night time

Suwaiwai:

Ya lor. I hate it wen bb sleeping or trying to get bb to sleep n then some stupid person make so much noise.

My neighbour downstairs has a dog. I always tell hb I wanna kill the dog especially wen it chooses to bark at the wrong times. Haha.

Diveera,

No wor. I stopped latching if he bites me. If at home, I quickly pass Isaac to my helper to b bottle fed whenever he kept bitting me. Lol. And he always go on milk strike when we r outside now. Only willing to latch when he's abt to slp. So I wait lor. Anyway, I have trained my breasts to go w/o pumping for 6 to 8 hrs. Lol.

Xin,

Sorry lah. I duno how to add friends via iPhone. And I totally got no time to switch on the computer at home now. Can u add me instead? [email protected]

Josie fell down from changing table yesterday night and it's very high (around my waist height!) :'(...

When I as about to put on her diaper at night, she suddenly moves an slip.. I was in front of her but can't catch her as I was holding her diaper. Hix.. She cries for 10 minutes, the first time she cries so long. And I saw left part of head red and has small bump so in the end we decided to go to A&E section in Mt A..

By the time we walk out the door, she stopped crying.. Then in the hospital her rednesss in the head disappear and she's very active.. Doctor checked she's okay but just need to observe, no medication given.. Thank God..

I was so afraid.. Huhu.. Today I'm on leave to observe, so far so good.. Can't find any trace of bump too.. Phew..

Now I know accident can happen even though we are around :S

Jadefeet, the doctor told u condom got 20% failure rate?

so u need to do an operation or surgery to put the iud? So if c sect then 1 yr later than put better huh?

Ange, what you mean by applying hot technicque what ur hb massage. He also got put hot towel or wat?

Suiwaiwai, did u standby pad huh?

Mummies, did anyone stand by pad before period came back?

Groovy, hope she is alright. She is taking in milk well right?

starry,

It's ok. you are so kind.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Zuen,

wow... 3rd and 4th teeth already spout. so fast!

If I am not wrong, I think ur's little one and mine share the same birthday, right?

Marrissa,

wishing u a speedy recovery.

Groovy,

got a shock after reading 1st line of ur post. phew... she is ok.

mummies,

just wanna share my joy. my baby is taking bottle started from last week. i am over the moon! :D

but she keeps vomiting(merlion) once or twice a day. don't know why. when I was latching on, no such prob. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

And I send her to infant care too. so far seems ok.

Hi Mummies

Sorry to disturb your thread.

I have 4 packs of Huggies Ultra L34 (Purple Packaging) and 8 packs of Huggies Pull Up L12 for sale or exchange.

Looking to exchange to:

1. Huggies Pull Up M size OR

2. Huggies Dry Comfort M size (Red Packaging) OR

3. Mamy Poko M size OR

4. Kodomo Cleanser for Baby Bottles and Accessories

Self collect at my house- Bt Panjang (Fajar). If you take all 12 packs, I will deliver to your house.

If you are interested, pls contact me at 8421 5286 or PM me.

Yup2.. She's taking milk well and behaves like usual.. Thank God.. I'm so afraid yesterday :S..

Because near that changing table I have a chair with wheels. When I picked her up, her head is very near that chair wheels. So I'm afraid she bumps that wheels when she falls :S.. But maybe she's not because the redness on her head very easy disappear and looks like no bump at all. Phew.. Really Thank God..

If she falls from bed maybe I won't be that worried, heard a few cases baby falls from bed and okay.. But never heard baby falls from table :S.

hello all,

IUD,

i also just ring up my gyane seeking options. pills, insert n patch is available!! patch is like those "mosquito patch" but stick it on ur (_(_) bum bum hahaha.. i told him that the sperm will collaspe when they sniff in the medications!!hahahah

after reading jadefeet post, i am more confident in taking up pills..

wiselyn

which ntuc sells happy bellies.

I've been to a few but none of the ntuc sells.

Is it those mega NTUC then got sell?

groovy,

yeah accidents can happen anytime!! i usually make sure that i have one hand on bb and another hand to reach out for diaper. or if the diaper is not within reach i will actually carry bb, pick up the diaper and then put it on. never, ever leave bb unattended. they're very, very active at this point now. when bb poos, i will straightaway carry him to the toilet and wash him there. since he can sit it's very convenient for me, just sit him on the toilet bowl while i use the jet spray to clean off his poo then wash. hope Josie is ok. I'm sure she is [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

marrissa,

you can also go back to your gynae or just see a GP. they'll prescribe you with antibiotics. don't leave it unattended. or you can try Ange's hubby.. lol.. actually i've had 2 episodes of lumps in my breasts, latching alone doesn't help, you have to keep pressing and massaging yourself till the milk squirt out. the milk come out will be foremilk b'cos it's trapped there for so long, then you know you're massaging the right way.

jadefeet,

sad lei when u say condom not so effective [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] my friend just put on IUD and she keeps bleeding every two weeks to the point that she don't know if she's having her period or not. she's really fed up lor.

suwaisuwai,

my period amoutn is the same but the cycle days seems irregular. i have no idea what my cycle days are. just must remember to be careful to prevent accidents.

cherry neo,

eh what's that sticky on the bum bum (_|_) i loike!! tell me more!! hahaha..

breastfeeding and weight,

sorry to be a party pooper but i believe it works only within the first 6 months of post-pregnancy kekeke. that's b'cos babies haven't take in any solids yet so fully depends on milk. if your babies take in more solid and decrease milk, then u need to decrease your food intake as well. it's all in proportion. i try to control my food intake also, no more excuses of pigging out!

babies biting,

my boiboi will bite when he's had enough and i still force him to suck. then i will scream and tap his lips with a very stern look and voice and he will cry so hard my heart breaks!! lol. but he learned his lesson! he no longer bite me and i no longer force him when he doesn't want to! hahaa..

jaime,

the are not place under baby food...place under organic food....Nex and Hougang Pt (Festival Mkt) both have...those big ntuc....

Ange ok, thanks. I think I shld just stand by just in case.

Cherry, hahah that is so cute. Maybe really like mosquito patches.

Jaime, I think NTUC Finest got. Cherry mentioned that Jurong Point and Clementi NTUC Finest have. I got at Bt Timah Plaza NTUC Finest.

my gynae says it works exactly like those "mosquito patch", just stick onto ur (_(_) and have it replace every week (must bath n sleep n HS with it) lol,

if for me sure feel itchy around that patch area, tendency of me scratchng non stop till redness.. still remember my stitches was on that waterproof tape for 1 week, having the damp n uncomfortable feeling!!lol or maybe i overly anticipate on this patch!hahaa

There is 3 patches in a box, skip the week that u r having M, cost abot $30++ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mellisa,

actually quite good n safe for temporary halt to pregnancy. No pain due to insert, no health n worrying issue due to consumption. But hor, don't know if it is reliable anot? Scali

miss q how? Hahahaa

Apple,

I read the failure rate in the net.

As for iud, gynae say I can only do after 1 yr post c section cos the wound inside still healing. So disappointed that I have to wait so long.. But natural can do now..

Melissa

I think initial few months after iud, light bleeding is normal.

My gfs who put iud love it cos light period no cramps no weight gain no pimples!

Thanx Wiselyn and Apple!

Now i know where to get Happy Bellies!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Melissa: I used to b on iucd. Menses super regular, not so painful or heavy n for me it's 100% effective coz nvr used condoms while on it. No side effects unlike pills which gave me headaches n bad mood swings, plus I dun hv to rmb to take pills. Can b put in and taken out during a pap smear, minimal pain n discomfort. Lasts 5 yrs n every yr pap smear can check whether it's stil in place.

Apple, yup my hubby put very hot towel on the breasts.

Suwaisuwai, I had my menses 2 weeks ago aftr 5 mths break. I still hv cramps but much better than pre preg. I used to hv super bad cramps tat I had to b bedridden almost every mth for a day

Morning mummies.

West mummies gathering on 17 may, am:

1. ZuEn

2. Cherry

3. Vivian

4. Jac (maybe)

5. Jac's friend (maybe)

6. Apple

7. Xin (maybe)

8. Shireen

Let's meet at 10am tomorrow at Swensen in JP2?

I only have Shireen's & Apple's contact no. Will Pm the rest for your contact. I am bringing DD as well. ;)

Cya.

Back