(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

woah, thread moved very fast today.

ann, hope nik is ok. Just monitor to see if theres any vomitting or decreased level of activeness. Not sure where to get what u were asking but Zambuk is quite good for rubbing on bumps.

starry, sigh ugly singaporeans...must b more alert n careful!

seabreeze. your porridge making super effort! *kowtow* I just dump everything into the slow cooker.

Shd try out the ikan bilis powder this round. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

shin, thats a scary episode. today when i was out, he was 'flying' forward as well cos I jerked when we got on the escalator. thankfully now I hv habit of strapping the belt, or he would hv flown out. still gave me quite a scare though.

freezing purees

I do...cos hard to make for just 1 feeding. N no time to do that either. But I dun freeze alot. Like now i just intro sweet potato, 1 whole sweet potato is used. so i will divide into portions n freeze. Will not cook that big a batch either.

Emmie ...

Thats why I was telling some mummies that I need to wake up early if I bring my #2 out cos need time to cook porridge. Actually now he is ready for outside food esp he is at child care BUT a mum is always a mum lar ... I still think porridge is healthier and have more nutrients so I continue to cook for him every weekend lor but cook about 3/4 of his portion so that he still got space to munch our food.

Princess Dia ...

I think 18 March good eater hahaha my #2 stomach like some bottomless pit one ...

seabreeze

Yah too scary for me to ever let it happen again!

Emmie

No more escalators no mAtter what! Lol

Ann

I just read abt nice people helping u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I too had nice people helping me. The other time I met u mummies at marche... I was carrying aedan plus pushing trolley and people helped me At the mrt. On the wAy back, the taxi uncle help me load and unload stroller, wAited for me to strap aedan to stroller before driving off. Super nice uncle! We need more of such people around [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Trish

haha that was like 4mths ago leh. Since then haven meet up with north mummies except groovy n Irish. Another north gathering? Haha. U must bring yr boys if we hv one.

Suwaiwai

u r not alone. Me also exclusive ebm. Just finish pumping. I've started fbm a mth ago since going back to work. Now my girl takes 1x cereal, 3x fbm, 2x ebm. Now expressing 3x daily. Going to stop once I reach 6mth which is another 2 weeks. Vvv tiring. Lack of sleep n supply is really not much left. Also it's difficult to pump at work. Due to work nature, can only pump during break n sometimes break only half an hr so it's v rushed. Somemore pump in the toilet. I get depresses everytime I need to pump in school.

Free milk sample

is it every clinic has free sample? I go to kinderclinic at mt A. Going for jab next week. Scared later I ask n they dun give... Haha malu leh.

Am I supposed to sleep??? = YES

And u can't help laughing with your bottomless pit, seabreeze!! Lol muahaaaa!!!!!!

Oka okay ! I really need to sleep ! Left 6 hours b4 the 2 fella wakes up !!

Suwaiwai> I'm also still exclusive pumping.. 4 times a day.. And not quiting yet, simply because hubby said then my breastpump all so expensive didn't be used. Hahaha.. Going to make the money spent on breastpumping equipments and lactation MILK for me worth it..

Hoho, if we don't give formula milk to our baby, we are the one need to drink milk to get the enough calcium everyday. I found every 2 weeks my milk finished, and it costs like $30? Actually breastfeeding has the same costs as giving formula..

At first I'm thinking to drop 1 pump, but in the end didn't do that. Because I still need to drink milk anyway.. Hehe..

Josie is cranky today after her jab! She got poke 2 times, 6 in 1 and pneumococcal. Poor her..

Until if she encounter stranger, she'll cry. The first time she does that.. Maybe she's afraid the stranger is going to poke her..

In the clinic she didn't cry, just wail for 3 second like that, as usual.

I think the pneumococcal is the one causing her to be super cranky. huhu.. Even her feet that is being poked by that vaccine feels hot when I came home..

Poor baby skips 1 of her 160 ml drink :S.. She didn't drink well today [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Just realized the one she doesn't want to drink at all is my frozen EBM. It smells different with the fresh one. Hix.. Becoz stupid me forgot to put back my icepack in the office :'(

Now drinking horlicks and hoping to get boosted supply for her..

Side track: I went to another dentist, the more experienced dentist than last time I went. He doesn't knock my tooth or put any electric test!! He said those might aggravate the tooth condition. He just do X-Ray, and his X-Ray machine is way better and clearer than the previous dental clinic. Even used projector to explain about the tooth condition. AND The good news is: he said I don't need root canal. It's too early to conclude for root canal he said :D. Happy. Bad news is: the previous tooth filling done by my previous dentist is so bad! Got lots of gaps! Sigh, I even feel the uneven filling from the outside. Last time the dentist I went to is so bad! Keep knocking my tooth even though he contradict himself saying don't bite anything hard first, don't touch that tooth, BUT HE'S KNOCKING IT! I blacklist that dentist, if you want to know who, message me in facebook. The dental clinic I went previously is in AMK area.

The good dentist that I went to this afternoon won't do re-tooth filling yet, since he said it also will do more bad with the tooth condition. Need to wait first until my tooth is fully healing. He said, I just need to monitor, if I don't do anything the tooth feels painful, or after drinking hot/cold drink, other tooth feels ok already but this tooth still have some linger feeling, then that means I need to come back to him to check again whether I really need root canal or not. I ask him is there any specific timing I need to monitor when my tooth supposed to be fully healed (no more biting pain), he said it's around 6 month..

Now I feel my tooth quite ok already, can bite some food already (can eat hamburger yeyy). Last time I can't even push food inside without feeling no pain..

The good dentist that I went this afternoon is the head of Singapore Dental Association! I'm sure he's more expert hehe..

Last time my dentist just graduated only in 2007!! I just found out from the clinic website. Siggghh.. That's the bad thing about going without any appointment to a dental clinic. The one who handles you might be the new dentist [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Shin,

Oh no! I can imagine how ur heart dropped when your bb fell from e stroller. Really heng that only fell one step. Reminds me to b careful n strap Isaac tightly next time cos he using jiejie's stroller so strap always loose, loose de. I cried too when Isaac admitted to kkh for fever when he was 15 days old. It is that damn lousy feeling that I never take good care of him. But we all learn along the way. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Suwaiwai,

I m expressing n latching. Latch when I am home after work + night feed and also during weekends. Dun give up. Free milk wor n can help to lose weight. I like the feeling that I can eat more than usual n not worry too much abt putting on weight. Feels like preggy time. Hehe.

Any bbs still not sleeping thru'? Isaac still wakes up once a night but doesn't drink much. Only one breast n back to lala land. Wonder if comfort latching. Recently, bcos of hot weather n itchy skin, it became twice a night! I think he trying to kill me. -.o"

Zuen....Hahha, I am not sleeping...and so my sticky little gal woke up too.

morning mommies & ian!

wow, last nite so happening! so many posts!

u all v on leh! this lazy mommy here, hvnt really start solids yet. just 3 tries! wahahah!

seabreeze/princess,

thnks for sharing ur tips on porridge! Gonna try that when i hv time.

suwaiwai;

i tbf too! latch & pump. i get what u mean, really tiring!

so i target to stop @ 6mths, like nycmum.

i would hv love to cont aft 6 mths, but i'm really getting so sian of waking up early to pump & washing all the barang barang!

Jac, yar dragon bb. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nycmum, same as Hebe she like to flip until she is outside the mattress to the marble zone... Hiyo.

Trish, added u in fb. My initial vh.

Suwaiwai: I'm still giving total ebm. Except wen going out then easier to give formula especially if I go my hb workplace at mbs. That place no nursing Rm n dun even hv seats to feed bb e last time I sat in jimmy choo's to feed! I'm very tired too n hv half a mind to stop bf but for e sake of bb I'm pushing on for as long as I can survive w less slp. ebm is free but the milk bags, bottles, pump, sterilizing all got cost so actually think it's more ex hehe but worth every cent coz bb is healthy. So far touch wood my boy hasn't gotten sick even though ppl at hm are sick so I'm telling myself it's e bm that's protecting him. Motivation to carry on la hee.

Shin: poor you n aedan, u must hv been so upset. Glad aedan is fine! Wen Logan was admitted in kkh for jaundice I cried for e 48 hrs I was there w him. Though unavoidable u can't help thinking that it's ur fault somehow. N every single mummy who came in w a child was crying. See them cry I wanna cry more!

Morning mummies!!

My boy is still ok! Wahaha. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

In fact he woke me up, hitting me so many times!

Im so happy.

Anyway..

Shin..

That must be a terrible expirience [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Glad aedan is ok

Hugs..

Stella

Agree with u.. it is very very sad when kid is sick/fall/cry our of sadness [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Zuen

Nikolas not sleeping through. Last time he woke up once. Now twice. I suspect he needs more solid food or my supply really drop that bad.

Lucky he doesnt wake up n play.. only drink milk. Else i will die!

Morning!

starry:

Abit late but baby may prefer 1 side to the other coz the other side may have blocks (i think milk taste abit more sour if there are blocks). Or sometimes they like to be on a certain side (i.e. left cheek/right cheek down). If so, just use football hold one 1 side and cradle for the other so the baby is in the same direction. Way to get them to get used to the less preferred side is also to "bluff". Let them start on the side they prefer in cradle, suck a few sucks then faster unlatch, slide over to the other breast and latch on with football - baby thinks its the same side coz no change in his/her position.

Suwaiwai:

For me, I feel that shld go on as long as you can but dun overstress about it. i.e. stretch your pumping slowly so that eventually you pump less pumps a day. Then when not enuff, just give some fbm or eventually even FM. i.e. Just continue and give what you can cos the benefits of Breastmilk are really there ... but no need to stress to be total fresh EBM.

Emmie

Thanks

Yes im going to get zambuk today..

what other first aid i must have at home?? *hopeless mummy* :p

Im so engrossed reading bout weaning.. have no idea bout first aid for bby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Morning Mummies and Daddy!

Shin, my goodness...when i read your post, my heart dropped. I know it's not safe to use the escalator lor. But i've been using it. Lift always full of people and they dun give way to bb stroller lo... I think i muz be extra careful next time.

Luckily Aedan is ok...

Saw some dentist discussion....

I've got a decayed wisdom tooth! I've not go settle it! oops! i scare scare leh.... Somemore i've the bottom 2 wisdom teeth hidden inside. Nid ops to remove them. I'm hesitating to do it cos scare scare.....But come to think, can take mc hor... heehehehe....

Teething

My boy is teething! I din even noticed that his bottom 2 teeth are coming out! Saw the whitish buds on his gum and can feel the tip of the teeth popping out...Aiyo so fast lo....

Trains

other than those ppl pushing in trains,I'm absoluTely hating those sitting next to me with legs wide open and encroaching on my space!!I have to kind of "shrink" my body to fit into the seat.resolution?hit the guys leg with my leg "accidentally" haha! Did the trick!I'm on the train as I type this,inconsiderate men!! Sorry for ranting here mummies..have a great morning ahead!

Suwaiwai,

Don't give up. Agree with zuen. Can eat anything and don't worry about weight. For porridge, you can make porridge puree. Can cook plain rice porridge or add veg like sweet potato. After porridge is cooked, blend them with a blender. Bullet blender is easy to use. You can cook 2 portion in a pot or rice cooker. 1 for lunch, 1 for dinner.

Shin,

Thanks for sharing. I take for granted stroller is safe. Will be more careful in future.

gathering

T hought I read in earlier thread about meet up. When is it?

I fweekday, I need to apply leave in advance

nycmum, i dun mind a north side gathering during weekends....I din see you all after that. Not even with the rest of the mummies...

Suwaiwai, i introduced my boy porridge first even b4 cereal. If you wanna start, try rice cereal first? My mum bought this rice to cook porridge. cook it in slow cooker, the porridge is smooth and soft enuff for my boy. Usually will add meat to cook with the porridge for flavor. So far let him try carrot, pumpkin and fish already! He's enjoying his porridge. Increased his solid amt already. But he still gian his milk milk...haha...

hi mommies! Thursday lo!! Hey you all very 'happening' last night! All no need to zzz???

Shin,

My heart nearly 'dropped' out reading your post!!! OMG! If I were u I'll also cry my eyes out. But thankfully he's okay! Just be careful and strap him securely in the stroller an use lift everytime.

Momotan,

Really pui pui PUI lor! Idiots, only wanna get onto the train and ignored safety of others. Hope these ppl get pushed and toes stepped on next time. Sure get retribution!!

Ann,

Yeah agree that there are very nice ppl. But frankly, more ugly ones than nice ones out there. Sometimes I think we are TOO NICE! See ppl in need will help but end up still meet those idiotic no brain farts.

Fifi,

Thanks for the tip on bfing. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Seems like I forgot a lot of them already. Haha! I will share this with my friend.

I think Jadelyn is really down with a cough le. Last night coughed quite a few times. Don't know whether infection or what but no mucus, cough sounds dry and she felt a bit warm, not feverish though. Then again woke up at 2am plus. 3rd night in a row! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Thanks amy n seabreeze on e ikan bilis tips. Now i know u as ikan bilis women!

Jac thks for e link!

Btw mommies, when we buy this ikan bilis its dried up wif salt rite? I know must wash 1st but still ok to gif baby wif e salt content?

Morn mummies!

I'm so panda-fied today! Kai kai woke up at 4am n refused to go bk to sleep. I'm trying to wean him off midnight feed. So far some nights successful but not these two nights..... After feed he still dun wan sleep!

Shin, omg!!! That was so so scary. It must hv hurt u a lot. Thank god aedan is ok n he is so so cute now.

Seabreeze, hehehe I stay at ave 4. My mum is at central. I've been in this estate for almost my entire life! Even find husband I oso find in same estate wahahahahaha

Lilac White

So can I say we from same kampong one haha

Re: ikan bills powder

Me only know how to use cos it's my mum who has been buying n making for these days. Alot of effort cos need to remove the head to clear the 'shit' . My mum got the helper to do n end up they 偷偷 throw some away w the head so that she got less work to do. So now we tell the helper since u kana caught, we want to see the 'head' before you throw. My mum say it's almost 200g out of 1kg - heartache cos now ikan bilis price increase alot n they always buy the v good type. Got once my dad bought 1/2 kg for $16.

seabreeze..can always get those peeled ones~ usually selling ard $2-2.50/100gm..

eh? so expensive one meh.. dats 100gm for $3.20?!

my parents open provision shop one..so i agar know the price..

marrissa,

ikan bilis women? lol!! definitely need to wash, 'cos got salt and to get rid of dirt and whatever. see the link i provided. one of the steps involves washing.

lilac,

haha! find husband also find in same estate. funny lah you! :D

seabreeze,

good quality ikan bilis really very expensive here. last time my mum would get my grandma to buy from m'sia and bring back singapore. now she usually goes to pasir panjang warehouse there to buy back in bulk. she uses a lot of ikan bilis in veg stir fries and soups. practically grew up with ikan bilis!

trish,

those men who open up their legs wide are very uncouthed and unsightly!! super er xin. balls swollen until cannot close legs??

re: rice

can use normal white rice or brown rice pound till powdery? have nv seen before. or need to bring to medical shops to get them to grind then add the si shen?

Hi mommies, sorry to disturb...

L'OREAL Cosmetics is having private sale 70% OFF. Ends this saturday! Ranging from lipsticks, eyeshadow, make up set, eyeliners, mascara, etc from as low as $9.90

I want to order but have delivery charges. So any mommies here interested to order 2gether? I can post the items to u for free if not too bulky.

I posted the brochures here if u want to see the sale items:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57349653@N03

(copy and paste the whole link)

Delivery time will take abt 7-21 days. Please email [email protected] if keen. I want to order asap coz some items already sold out. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shin,when i read ur post this morning,felt very heartpain. suddenly i remembered one incident... it was quite sometime back when i was not even pregnant yet. not sure if you know the novena train station leading to the shopping mall was quite a long escalator right? hubb & i witnessed one incident when the toddler fall from the stroller and he / she rolled down those long escalator! it was many many steps...... my heart really sank!!! i mean that was definitely a very bad fall. so since then, i told myself.. if i need to use escalator, i will turn the stroller the other side - rear facing instead of forward facing. cos i agreed with BBlin that pple wont/dont give way to stroller. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

bblibran,

i rolled down an escalator when i was ard 3 or 4 yrs old. but no remembrance of the incident at all. maybe temporary memory loss. :p but i scared the hell out of my mum and grandma.

another incident i witnessed years ago was a days-old newborn being placed on a CHAIR at forum's coffee bean by a silly ang moh mummy. think she just gave birth at gleneagles and came over for coffee. her wrist was still tagged. don't know why, so STUPID and BIMBOTIC, left the baby on the chair and i don't know how, the poor baby fell off the chair! heard a loud thud. no wailing until like 5 seconds later. hopefully no damage to the poor babe. really stupid mom...

Seabreeze: haha yes same kampong!

Re: Ikan Bilis

oh no looks like buying ikan bilis also need a lot of knowledge. Usually for cooking, I anyhow buy cos i dunno still got so much xue wen plus for our own consumption, I'm not that fussy. Think i should go take a walk at the market this weekend.

Starry: Hahahaaha really... cos hor i cannot imagine myself dating a guy who stays in the west or east. Cos its so far fr my maiden home. And I dun wan end up later quarrel cos we wanna settle down n both want to stay near their own parents. :p I know it is funny cos whenever i tell ppl that is one of my bf/husband criteria, they laugh.

bblibran: gosh that was terrible. must hv freaked out the parents.

Re: Stroller on escalator

I dont dare go on the escalator with the stroller. My hb does that. Initially when baby was still v v small, we had those stroller pad on his stroller so strapping him was difficult, we didnt. As the months pass, I removed the stroller pad. When he started flipping, I insisted on strapping him cos in that confined space, he also will try to flip! I was worried he will flip out of the stroller if we dont strap him. Initially hub was quite resistant. He thinks its v troublesome to strap him. I tell him dont let things happen to regret later. Some more he always go by the escalator, i rather the trouble to strap him than take the risk n regret for life.

good morning mommies n ian[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

what a bright sunny morning...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

starry

baking ikan bilis is optional,alternatively can just put it into strainer bag n boiled...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]But it will take longer la..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

shin

glad that aedan is good...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i ve witnessed several cases bb falling off or slide off from their strollers...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Even on a flat ground...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

always remember to strap them in ..whether they are sleeping or awake...is the matter of getting use to it and afterall its for their safety[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yes,like wat seabreeze said...even high chair!nvr take things for granted that it will be just for awhile..its a good habit.....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

feeling lousy today....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Gd morning! So many posts last night, forum so happening. Interesting topic on weaning keep all the mummies awake…. Ha ha ha

Shin, I can imagine how you have felt and glad to hear he is ok. I’m still scared of escalator especially for those stroller with 3 point instead of 5.

Jac, I use the blender that can grin nuts/dried stuff to grind rice and ikan billis. Not sure if you know what I mean it is. The weather has been bad and lots of virus around, monitor Jadelyn closely. Hope she is well. Me too hate inconsiderate people especially in MRT/buses.

Ian, SeaBreeze, don’t know that ikan bills so expensive. I didn’t remove head and clear shit before. Maybe last time I bought those already cleaned ones so not so good? I just say I need ikan billis to grind into powder to feed baby. Not sure what grade also. Ha ha ha

Marrissa, I used to soak the ikan billis for 2 to 3 minutes not sure if I soak off the nutrients though. But at least not so salty.

ZuEn, I resign to my fate already. Cae has never slept thru since born till now. Sometimes can wake up 3 to 4 times. Last night was my best night, drank at 11pm+ went back to sleep until 4am. My longest uninterrupted sleep since he was born. I’m taking it easy but once he 9 to 12 months, I will start training him to sleep thru.

Cae only tried cereal and avocado. This Sat will let him try either apple or sweet potato. Not sure when will intro him porridge. This boy likes cereal and has cut down milk intake.

princess d,

why feeling lousy?

re: boiling ikan bilis

you mean for soups? i was thinking about making into powder then add into porridge. but without oven not possible.

Mummies who are into watching drama online, you can watch 双面胶 though it's a china producation, very nice show abt the relationship bet mother vs daughter n DIL vs MIL n the role of the hubby. Me just finished 2 epi n already some of the scenario are so familiar!! Thumbs up

Good morning mummies and Ian

Hi Ian,

How's your boy now? Hope he has recoved.

diveera,

i know what you mean about the grinder/blender. think my mum has it in her cupboard somewhere.. was your girl like caelan before? i mean not sleeping thru. think some babies' body clock is just like that. need to wait till older le then will sleep thru. jia you, mummy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starry

yup,can make soups than put in rice to make porridge..this is another way[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]instead of porridge+water+ikan bilis powder....

just cook boiled ikan bilis soup then add porridge!Good for you too....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yup feeling lousy!

Didn't sleep the whole night![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

tried so hard to sleep but just can't sleep![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi tigger! yeahh he has recovered liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks~

princess d,

oh! i get what you mean now. haha!! thanks thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] you couldn't sleep becos thinking about 'accidents might happen' arh?

Mummies & Ian

Can i ask a silly question not related to babies? kekeke... may i know how to go about (or which website/apps) watching hk drama in Iphone? :p

starry

you are welcome[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i wanna hug you now!!WAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHH!!!!u just make my day ...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hahahahahahha...no la!!!No accidents la!!wahahha!!!!!!!!!HB not around le...muahahhaha...LOL

Ian,

That's good.

Princess D

Do u have the machine to make the ikan bilis into powder?

Back