(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Nycmum I think for one wk old Bb 100 ml is a tad too much. Then stomach is very small only. This was Wat I learnt from the pre-natal class

Princess D

Thanks for sharing on the avocado! So sorry can i intrude and ask more ... i ve just selected some smooth green ones ,will they turn brown when ripe ? Or do i wait till the fruit turns soft and they remains still green ..

Ann

Yah feel like changing hairstyle...plus claudia keeps pulling my hair...tsk tsk

bblibran

I also think that 100ml is too much. I rem PD advice to give 60ml and that's cause my girl weighs 3.5kg...her baby only 3kg.

Anyway, mummies, I've been feeling wierd these days...hmmm hope I'm just paranoid

I better go test again...

Nycmum: I agree w bblibran that 100 mls seems abit much. At 2 weeks the nurses at kkh were trying to get my boy to drink 70-80 mls which is abt e norm I tink n that also cldnt finish. I'm guessing that some newborns may jus hv big appetites. Is that possi? My friend's son at 3 wks latches for 20 min( she can express abt 60 mls) n then drinks 80 mls of fm or more. I dunno whether he is a very hungry bb or jus dunno wen to stop.

fel

I think Princess D mentioned in her post that smooth green ones will still be GREEN when ripe =) Maybe you wait for it to be soft...

You mentioned before you managed to blend till creamy...so dun need to wait for it to be fully ripe?

Shin,

The Pak Poh powder from EYS effective? Maybe i will go and get it. It's suitable for babies consumption? I was thinking of chinese medication if western medication doesnt have any affect on him? Ure feeding Aedan Enfa fm? How is it? Can poo normally? Cos i was thinking of changing to enfa pro stage 2 for him, dont want to continue with mamex.

Jac,

The poodle is so cute!! looks like teddy bear

Diveera,

So sad to hear abt Caelan. Hope he's much stronger now.

Vivian,

Yup, i agree Dr Tan is good. I brought bb to him again as he was coughing really badly last night and threw up his milk again (me being paranoid) He said his lungs are much cleared now & no need to take antibiotics. Hopefully he get well soon.

Stella

huh...hope not so fast leh...I still wanna carry and play with Claudia. Like you, I'm actually planning for Dragon bb.

Thank u mummies, I am also very happy with my gel nails.. I must thanks starry for her good lobang. Thank u starry! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

starry,

sure, nex round we shall have our pampering session together!!!

Shin,

I not rich, but base on the economical of scales, it is worth it for me!

Princess D

Thanks for sharing on the avocado! So sorry can i intrude and ask u more on it. i just bought some smooth green avocado ,does it means it will turn soft and remains green when ripe? ive left them on the table to ripe but if cut, i will store them in fridge.. am i hndling correctly ?

Nycmum: then may onwards we can both jia you already hehe. Can't imagine being preggies with a toddler crawling or running ard, then the every 2 hr feeds all over again! Abut scary to tink abt now...

Princess D,

MY APOLOGIES ! dint know ive posted twice, tot my pc was shut off and my message not posted.

Nycmum, yup the other time i bought was very dark browns ones ,today are all green

nycmum: last 2 weeks i was able to get brown avocado... these 2 days i went to a few ntuc all only hv green ones so i didnt buy.

Princess D: Wah! I didnt know green avocado with smooth skin can be ripe too. Aiyo! Sotong me... buying avocadoes really got a lot of knowledge to learn!

Ann: ignore ppl's comments on bf. if u really need to reply, jus tell them u love the bonding u hv with ur baby which money cannot buy! hope that can keep them quiet.

nycmum: wow 100ml for 1 week old seems a lot. maybe the baby isnt hungry but just want something to suck for soothing? how abt giving pacifier?

Re: Poo Poo

Mummies, can i ask how many times does your baby poo poo in a day on average?

My boy at one point (after the 1st mth) was poo poo-ing on average once a day. But recent weeks, almost everyday he poos 2-3 times a day. Just wondering if I should be concerned and consult a PD?

Lilac

My girl also poo once a day but after starting cereal, she poo 2 times a day but amount is lesser. Seems like she split the amount into 2 times.

Did you start your boy on semi-solids?

I suppose as long as bb is pooing and poo not watery should be ok?

btw mummies who are feeding bb with enfalac... there seems to be an increase in price!

i went to ntuc to chk n saw the price increase ... even luvbabies is selling it at $40 now instead of $39.

nycmum: i think a week b4 i started my boy on semi solids, he already start poo pooing 2-3 times a day. but then again now that u mentioned... maybe cos b4 i start him proper on semi solids, i added EYS brown rice to his milk! BAH!! That may have explained why he was poo poo-ing more times a day b4 i started him proper on semi solids. THANK YOU!!!! hahahaa yes my boy oso poo poo more times and each time is not a lot. Thanks for sharing. At least now i know its not unusual. Kept wondering if i shld chk w the PD. aiya baby dun poo also worry... poo too much oso worry! hehehehehe

Lilac

that is my bottom line but must rephrase it in a softer manner... last time offend some ppl from the same clan, say nv bf till that long also cn bond with bby.

Sometime i wish im the first to hv child loh.. then ppl cant compwrr n im the experienced one.. wahsha..

Poopoo

My boy is the one who poos lots of time at any time.

Before vereal cn poo 5-6 time, every diaper change.

After cereal poo 2-3 times n no more watery poo..

Hi mummies,

Regarding si sen fen brown rice cereal is it possible to feed baby everyday? As i heard from some brown rice may cause constipation ..

Ann: but everyone has their own limits mah. i wonder why some ppl like to comment so much abt how others raise their kids? since they dun understand the bonding portion then if im u... one fine day i may get so pissed and tell them 'i want to save money on milk powder cannot is it?' *evil hahaa :p

wow i tot jaeden v power one day poo poo 2-3 times... nik even more power! i think their digestive system super good. jaeden poos so many times a day until sometimes he nv poo we oso tot we smell his poo. think our nose spoil liao...or either that he must hv farted silently!! lol

Seabreeze,

Reall?? haha hmm usu my friends search under ngoh, louis or isz both are the same?

im also int 2c everyone's lovely babies .. i must go create fb myself s66n

Ann ...

I lactch both boys till 10mths old but typically I will time it such that the milk feed is usually done at home or in the car and I feed them solid outside.

And when I am nursing, I usually go to places with nursing facilities so that I dun need to cover them under the nursing shawl which they typcially hate at that age.

If can latch then just continue to do so ... going on EBM is not just about bring the EBM out ... its oso about expressing your milk and bringing the pump out. Ok ... I am a lazy mum hahaha

Lilac White ...

I usually just tell them ... BM save alot of money ler hahaha but so far no one around me make sure remarks.

Fel ...

Why dun you just give us your hb email address ... easier to search cos there are many ngoh and many louis BUT put together only got 2 so which one?

Yar ... we want to see your bb photos too =)

Seabreeze: Your reply on BM saving money is much more polite than my reply. If im irritated then my reply will not be so friendly :p

ehehehhee

Lilac

Wahaha.. i wish i can say that!! Haha.. well to some ppl buying fm wont makr them poor. But for me i am saving kind of girl hahah.. v stingy so ya it's definiltely one reason to keep bf!!!

Im really noting this down to prepare myaelf mentally.

Thanks lilac

Yeah, i think our smell sense has been cut off from brain?

Last time used to think it is very yucky to clean bbys shit, now after cleaning my own baby i can eat a meal peacefully like nothing happen n nv see anything just few mins back...!! Hahha

Ann: hehehehe i dont really mean u want to save fm money tts y feed bm. but just a suggestion to keep unsupportive ppl quiet. :p im sure if fm has more pros n nutrients than bm n no matter how costly, u will give it to ur bb too right? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

LOL!! yaaa i cannot stand puke... i see ppl puke or even my own puke.. i will puke even more... now my bb regurgitate his milk or vomit... no matter how smelly... i oso dun feel nauseous. puke on me oso nvm... will clean him n hug him tightly 1st. guess its a mother's instinct ba

abt smell sense off... i think after i gave birth my memory also off. i can go point blank at times... cant even remember certain things! i always tell ppl i think during baby delivery, i delivered my brain out too.

Lilac..

Ya i know what u mean!

Sorry, really no offense to mummies who feed fm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] or feed bm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i dont mean bad in what i wrote previously!

Getting late. Gonna TRY TO sleep soon..

Hubby is alrdy sleeping le.

Envy mummy whose babies still want to be breastfeed. I really miss the bonding. Huhu.. Haven't even taken any breastfeeding video yet [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]. Luckily take a few pictures already. hehe..

Ann> I think if you have no helper, it's best to total latch. But perhaps if you want to go out, you can slowly introduce bottle or sippy cup to Niko. But remember, if use Pigeon bottle, use the Y teat!! Hehehe.. Exclusive pumping is so much more tiring than latching. Huhu. Last time latching I can still browse & type using my iPod. Now need to massage breast, and sometimes quite frustated if I don't get the "usual amount" of milk. Some more, it took about 15-20 minutes to pump (dual pump).. Last time Josie is very quick, only want 1 breast and 10 minutes. hehehe..

My in-law now already understand the good of breast milk. Becoz BIL is actually studying to be a PD. hahaha.. They even proudly said to hubby's aunt who just had a grandchild too, that Josie is in total breastmilk. hehe.. MIL said then hubby's aunt said, got enough?? And she said I even have a whole freezer full of BM. hehe.. But still, of course, older generation wants to treat our baby the same as they treat us. I mean hubby grows up fine with formula milk only and he is also rarely to get sick.. So I think they might complain if I still just give Josie breastmilk. Huhu..

Everytime they come here, their first question is: have Josie drink formula milk yet?? :S. Even though they know I still have my freezer full of EBM!!

Hey actually I've been thinking if exclusive pumping doesn't really save money leh!!

Imagine, the breastpump itself already costs almost $1000, with the equipment, electricity used to pump & sterilize & heat the BM, the cool bag, the milk storage bag, the milk storage bottle!

That's why hubby is complaining when I said I want to drop 1 pumping session. huehehe..

Copied and Pasted from Shin's previous post

"Re: si shen brown rice

I've been feeding aedAn 3 days in a row Nd realized he is slightly constipated. Like more difficult to poo poo. My grandma says it's actually healthy but heaty so try not to give everyday. He didn't poo 2 days then just now he did and make a lotta noise. Poor thing. I alr give more water Liao. Think I one week give 2-3 times can Liao... In case he constipated again

Re: healthy times brown rice cereals

I think I know why Irish was asking whether to give 8tsp. Cos usually for organix I give 2 tsp can be very filing cos it's a lot! So I tried for healthy times and it's like so wAtery and little... So I give 3 tsp also still watery!!!! Like nothing like that! Wahahahha so maybe today I've to try 4 tsp and see if can make it thicker by adding less milk."

---end of qoute---

Summary:

Si sen is heaty...brown rice is ok.

lilac

Yes buying avocados n other fruits need some knowledge ... Lol

PM me I will tell you MORE![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Seabreeze , nycmum Ann groovy

Still awake ?? Notbmuch happening now ! Betta turn in early la!

Lol.... I m turning in now ! Gotta put on my girdle now cos I hot this bad cramp n scared my womb will fall off!! Lol

ann, try to ignore those 'caring' relatives.

marissa, sofea is so guai! Wish mine can nap easily outside without latching.

Lilac white,

Price of enfa milk powder keep increasing n sad to say it is 1 of the most exp milk powder. But DHA is the highest among all brand. After ordering fr luv babies, I save alot leh but not for Jaren, is for my girl

Groovy, oh yar my hubb email address: [email protected] ,if still cant then he add u ?

Can mommies add me or give me yours to add so i can view lovely babies hehheeh :D

Im also having trouble to latch outside except in car and at home ,if not will like to bring her out and join the babies outing with u all ..

Aiyo.. bby eh eh eh.. n just remember i hvnt change his diaper.

Thanks mummies on the encouragements!!! Really supportive mummies here.

Groovy..

So good! I think our background probably the same loh..

No wonder they say around the same thing to us..

True what u say on pumping.. more tiring!

Jiayou to all those working mums who still pump. Really lots of work..

Princess,

U got good lobang to buy nice nice avocado issit ??

I'm still feel quite lucky though, Josie's nursing strike just 3 weeks before my maternity leave ends.. Otherwise I'll be DEAD TIRED with all the pumping, heating, sterilize, and bottle feed her that can take 1 HOUR each session (actually I'm the one putting the limit, after 1 hour if not finish then throw, otherwise I'll still try to feed)!!

Tiffy: ya lor hehehehe luvbabies is cheaper! ya cos of the DHA tts y i let my boy drink enfa. aiyo i want to find a job in mead johnson man! sure good bonus every year. haahahhaa

Princess D: Thanks so much. I know i can always count on u n the mummies here when I have doubts! ;D

hi all

been busy - buying stuff online ha ha ... just got myself a nice diaper bag. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Ya i have been using my gym bag all these while as I can't find 1 that i like (in terms of weight) and is within my budget.

at first i wanted to bf to save $ but then not enough supply so no choice fm. So buy on-line and in bulk to cut cost.

Hallo mummies,

Some of u might have met me at the gatherings. I'm the party crasher hohoho. My son was born in early nov 2010 and seabreeze's & snoopy's firstborn and mine shared the same '05 thread. Remember me now? been wanting to say hi and finally found a chance to log in tonight...

So, hallo peeps!

dressaholic

*waving* hello !!I'm suppose to be asleep now .. but I still can't get my eyes off the thread !![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lol, I'm turning in soon too. Surprised to c such an active thread suddenly. Goodnight babe [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hello dressaholic .. yup first time mommie alwd "kan cheong" too ,seldom do marketing doesnt know hx to choose a good avocado ,even banana .. all is learnt from mommies in this forum ..in futre will be headache on fish etc ..

princess D.. hmm have i mentioned anythi unpleasant ..sorry if i caused ant disturbance 2u :D hope we can be friends

nitey mommies

wah so active the thread! I just briefly browse thru...

Claudia

In my case I say yes it did help for aedan. I gave him his cough med so many days he still kept coughing with lotsa phlegm. So I decided to give the pak Poh powder and within 3-4 days he ok Liao. No phlegm. I only give a tiny bit once a day and yup... Babies can eat so no worries. I really only give a little bit. So if u ok with tcm u can try. Check it out at eys stores to see if u ok with it. Comes in a yellow box.

Nycmum

Hahahhha faster go test!!!!!

And yup... Thanks for replying abt the sishen brown rice cereals. You so funny woh!!!!!

Yes is indeed heaty and will cos constipation so I've decided to feed only 2-3 times a week and not daily. So poor thing if they get constipated lor.

Cherry

I also wanna think that way. Economies of scale but since I've stopped working Liao I also needa spend carefully cos hb doesn't pay for all these... So even the $380 package also ex for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] boo hoo hoo... So maybe can only do once in a long while [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back