(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

opps....yah bumbo chair not dumbo [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hahahaha

Thank u jac n zuen for recommending the worn clothes!!! Will tell caregiver about it and try it out when necessary..

I am back to work already, sometimes gotta work till quite late, that's y my caregiver says my BB has separation anxiety especially the night sleep. Thru out e days no issue!!

Xin2, me too need to start a routine back for sofea. We haven't been consistent due to the weekend outings and constant guests in our home etc. can't be helped. sofea v popular now. i always gets smses from grandmas, uncles & aunties wanting to see sofea. and she's a v light sleeper. she can't just fall asleep with noise n many ppl ard. so sad to see her naptimes & bedtimes now all haywire. I feel so tired waking up 3-4x for the past few nites..

Tiffy:

Really the bb can just nap meh? Muz make sure they are tire out isit? Wat if u set routine that they nap say at 2pm. But they dun sleep then how? Every morn bathe kayden he cries lor. Undress for him he very happy, go into the tub he also happy but once out of tub he cry Liao lor. Wonder isit he wan to play water lor.

Somehow at a loss cos so many uncertainties leh. Dunno wat to expect. Worried that bb won't nap at the time I set leh. Isit every nap use CIO method? Then the bb always cry n cry leh.

Jac:

Yah lor. So Terrible to pass time in the afternoons lor. Really dunno wat else to do with kayden. Can tell he is tired but just dunno y can't fall asleep lor. Mb he's bored n not tired so make noise?

Wat do u play with jadelyn? I find my hse nothing much to let kayden play also. Usually he'll just lie on his bed lor. Will try talking to him but guess soon he's bored also.

I also wonder how to help kayden take longer naps? The most he sleep 30mins nia. If startle then mb 15 mins lor. Chialat lor. Not enough sleep for him.

Ur babies can take so long naps lor. Good leh. Nvr startle meh?

Xin, sofea used to nap only 30 mins last time. i was ssooo tired. i jus put her down for nap, i cook a bit. b4 i could even eat she wakes up already..but now she's napping up to 2 hrs. i read that as babies grow bigger, they consolidate their naptimes into 1 long stretch

good morning mommies and daddy

nycmum

no prob....PM me your contact no if you are gng...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starry

Next time la,we sure meet again!I would love to meet Jadelyn again ...

HI mummies out there.... it has been a long long while since i left a msg in the thread.. but have been reading occasionally though. I have already came back to work since last wk. Well, it can be quite boring staying at home for too long. =P but i do missed my gal so so much..

Xin2, regarding your bb, cld it be he has been frightened? i dunno if u like the idea but can try giving him jin feng shan.. those powder form that can be purchase from those chinese medical hall? i give my gal a tad bit after wipedown every evening. i do read before someone mentioned in this thread but nt sure if you have tried [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] anyway dun give up! like what starry has mentioned, this tough phase wont be forever. jiayou!

Josie refuses breast again! Sigh, quite bad, when half asleep also refused yesterday night and she didn't drink milk for 5.5 hours because of that. At the end I give up, pump and give her bottle. Sad..

This morning also she refused, then I asked my maid to carry her until half asleep, after 1 hour finally she wants to drink.

I don't know what happens to her anymore. Her pattern changed again. She'll be 4 mths old tomorrow. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

There's a possibility she's still feel full at night, because in the day we starts giving her 4x 140-150 ml of milk.

Hm..

Maybe she's ready for 6 times feeding instead of 7 times?

baby 'chu' new patterns everyday. my darling used to be able to sleep thru the nights but somehow she has been waking up these 2 days in the wee morning requesting for milk. but she is on FM and probably the last feed in the night is not enough for her. thinking of increasing the quantity for her

Dunno if it's becos kayden slept too long in the morn tats y afternoon cannot nap leh. He usually sleeps a stretch of 3 hours after his bath lor.

Think after tat he cannot sleep Liao leh. Even tired also sleep the most 30mins nia. Haiz. Guess just hv to bear with it n mb find more activities to tire him out lor.

Hopefully as he grows older, it'll be better.

xin2,

3 hr is long leh. no wonder afternoon nap he so difficult to nap. Jaren nap ard 2-2.5hr in morning nap.

After certain hour, they will feel tired n want their nap.

Monring n afternoon nap i use CIO. Evening power nap i carry n sing to him coz i cannot delay too long if not v near his sleeping time but also cannot don't let him have power nap coz he will b super cranky.

My boy used to startle at the slightest noise .. heart wrenching to see him keep waking up / startling from his sleep ... i got so fedup (not at him la) that one day i resorted to playing music/turning on the radio while putting him to sleep (afternoon nap). Happy to say that it worked ;) and he is now able to sleep through noise HAHA. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] at least the room/house is not so quiet that the slightest sound will jolt him up.

xin2 maybe you can try...

believe many of us feel for you... jia you ok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] our babies are maturing with each passing day and we as mommies will also learn to decode their patterns - be it old or new ;)

Mummies...

These past 3 days nikolas is on milk strike n sleep strike.

thought today will be better but worse....

He only wants to play n fuss when he is tired alrdy, but cant sleep

All his feed were dream feed.

Bought formula today but he did nt want too. Try spoon feed, syrynge, spoon feed. All rejected.

Tried to be happy but so tiring loh... have to carry him for him to fall asleep. Im lacking sleep n very very tired.

This happens after he just turn 4 mnth old on the 25th..

He pees less but still pee...

I dunno whay is wrong with him... tried coaxing him to sleep by misic as usual, doesnt work, only carrying n he wants yo be carried craddle style. Faintsssss.... he is more than 7.5 kg alrdy. Oday n yestersay everytime put in sleepy wrap or ergo will scream. Only wants sling...

Any idea?????? Any milestone at 4th month or he is testing my limit?????

Emma,

His gums r hard but nothing sprouting yet. I dunno whether start uncomfy from now or not.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

give him teether he will suck, give him paci he will bite but both he will reject after a while....

If he is teething then have to bear till the teeth come out? Arrgh.....

Zuen,

ya, full bm n latching, but im worried he eats so little n maybe because im too tired too n supply drop, therefore this morning i buy fm for him. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

How ah, continue to force him latch/ latch when he is sleeping, dont bother giving him fm??

He will latch less than 10 mins n not sucking all the time too. Latch every 3,4 hrs.

Force him n he will bite n scream. Wah... first time like that in his whole life. Will b better when he half asleep....

but usually after latch will sleep, this time will become wide awake. :$

Now he is asleep in my arms.

Emmie, ethan is so cute! Happy 3 mths dear!

My gal hates to b put on tummy! She can last at e most 1 min only.. Hehe. I tink uncomfortable dat her fat belly is being squashed.

Emma,

ethan is soooo cute.

Look here n there hehe.

happy 3 month!!

Marrissa,

Now i really hope it is teething n not something serious. Coz really he wake up n cry out loud, twice with tears. Not hungry, will calm down only if i carry hug n sing to him.

Maybe if got time tonight will try pump..

He has been sleeping for 4 hrs now, from 13.30

but the first 1hr i carry, 2 hrs latch (dunno how long cos i was sleeping too), 1 hr he sleep on top of me.

Like colic symptoms. Yesterday also ard afternoon timw cry like this.

N i think this is the first time i carry him so much. Like almost the whole day he is attached to me, either carry, latch, sleep also must hug me. I cant do anything.

ann

I'm experiencing something similar as u.. He's not exactly on milk strike but he will cry for milk on time but everytime refuse to finish and he's drinking less than usual. He's already drinking very little as compared to other babies (only 100ml) and now he finish 60-70ml he will cry Liao. So worried he not drinking enough. Yet he pees and poo normally. Also struggle to sleep and must carry him... I really duno why his appetite is like that..

I don't think it's teething cos he's only turning 4mos old on 13th feb.. Too early to be weaning also mah... What are signs of teething and weaning??? It's difficult to feed him the last few ml these days so I will only make 80ml instead of 100ml for him...

anyway how do we start weaning them? I read that we should introduce one thing at a time in case of allergies.. So they shld be eating cereals, purees (duno correct word or not), how about porridge?? Can mummies advise so I can be prepared.. Aiyo.. I really clueless on what to do.. Hahahhaah

Shin,

Jaren start teething 2 weeks ago. Now he is 4mth 1 weeks. I can see a small white dot on his gum already. My boy start scratching his ear, sign of teething n drools alot too.

If suspect teething, can buy Dentinox teething gel fr pharmacy n apply on their gum

Tiffy,

My boy scratches his ears too till redd! I though he just found new toy. Hm so must be teething???? lets see how he will act tmr.

Shin,

Maybe aeden is teething too??

Re weaning,

I also no clue. My mum got say this n that but so clueless. Haha. Now i started googling abt it. Will borrow books from library too.

From what i gather start with rice cereal first, or some fruits without strong taste, 1 teaspoon. Got read somewhere too that africans (if im not wrong) will give meat as baby's first fpod. So intrresting uuh.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re lotion for boyboy's birdie

Mummies i asked beforr, do we need to apply lotoon on boy's private area, so that wont rub esp when they move? What brand do u use?

*actually im asking because i dont believe in introducing smth of not needed. But if really will irritate the parts esp when crawling then i will start using now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

shin, ann,

jadelyn is behaving the same way! except she doesn't cry while having milk but she will twist and turn so much that it is impossible to feed her. she's drinking only 110ml normally and lately finishes 80-100ml and won't want. i gotta carry her, burp her, change diaper then force her to finish the remaining milk, which she will drink reluctantly. her feeding timing today is around 2 to 2.5 hours interval. quite xiong 'cos she will only nap ard an hour or so after milk and then wake up to play or just fuss a bit. i am pretty sure she's teething as she will stuff the teether into her mouth with a kind of vengeance and also push a lot of saliva out with her tongue!

hi mummies... finally he rest [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ha ha ha Xin2 i also have hard time with my baby just see my earlier post - he chu new pattern every day in all ways.

Weaning - I think rice cereal should be ok. buy only rice and not rice with milk. i never heard anyone have allergy of rice. :p

both my mom and PD said first step to wearn is to add cereal into milk slowly. 1st add a bit of cereal so that milk is still watery. increase e thickness slowly. hmm... that's what I know for now. will ask mom and PD more. Ask 2 person to cross-reference and make sure instruction is correct.

Wow Jaren already teething! I beta start monitor check Daryl's gum. I never check lei and he had been scratching his ears and drools a whole lot !

bumbo chair - so far i think after he sits it does help to straighten his back for a while. But i dare not let him sit too long - limit it to 5 to 10 mins a day. if your baby's thigh is big then its not a very good choice. but they sure look cute in the chair ha ha ...

Ann: sometimes teething symptoms will linger for awhile before the teeth actually cut in. On another forum a few mums actually noticed that the tooth started to show below e gumline then disappeared aft a couple of day only to cut through a few weeks later!

Xin2: my bb also screams til face red, tears flowing and out of breath. Sometimes I'm so tired that I let him scream but he doesn't stop so in the end if I dun carry someone else will. Ur not alone. I think our bb jus hv a persistent personality. They know wat they want n want it their way but we haven't really figured out wat n how they want it. Plus as my bb pd puts it, it's all abt habit. There was once Logan was screaming wen I tried to put him to bed, and he was in such a state that his crying was so high pitched like in pain, my hubby couldn't take it n carried him, immediately he stopped, turned to me n gave me such a sly smile that I cld hv sworn that he planned the whole crying scene!! Babies these days know whose heartstrings to pull to get wat they want. I guess it's all abt consistency. My boy is consistently being carried n therefore that's the way he wants things to be. Hard to change e habit Liao. But a fren of mine who had e same prob w her girl said that as they grow older things will change. Her girl one day decided she didn't wana b carried to slp anymore so I see hope in the horizon haha.

yup i agree with stella. our baby knows what they want - the problem is we dont know wat they want. my baby also scream and scream till face red and no sound come out of his mouth. to stop him is to coax and get the right person to carry him - all guess work.

My mom said he is Guan Gong's best friend - both of them face red red but i tink he is more like Sichuan Pian Lian - 1 moment smiley next moment red face screaming :p

Stella/ metta:

Well, I agree that our babies everyday got many patterns leh. Just got to decipher what isit they wan n try to meet their needs lor.

Was glad n happy that kayden did not fuss much yesterday. In fact he was able to fall asleep on his own without carry. I just got to look out for his cues of tiredness n then give him his pacifier n pat him. Took a while but at least he din cry to be carried.

Wat I did differently was to let him play in the living room first before bringing him to his bed n telling him it's sleeping time. Tried to offer the pacifier but he seems to wan to play n talk still. So I left him alone n told him it's sleeping time. He'll make some noise n cry a bit n i try to offer him the pacifier again. Until he decides to guai guai sleep lor.

Will try out the routine with him again n see how it goes. He managed to nap twice yesterday. Hurray!

Shin, my baby also rubbing her ears and scratching e back of her head a lot. Its a teething sign. They do that coz the pain is throbbing thru their head. I dun see tooth sprouting on sofea yet but overall her gums feels much harder now n she was having slight fever last wk. But i gif her teether, she dun want.. So wierd.

Marrissa,

He is SUPER cranky!!!!

Finally want paci. Give me some sanity. He can sleep after sucking for 5 mins only. Better than me carrying him ard.

Btw does teething baby tend to become less active tooo?

Yesterday he naps 6 hrs then sleep from 10 till now.

But throughout must pat, change posituon, carry, give paci etc.

Cant wait for the sun to come out. Im so going to buy dentinox n teether too like jadelyn's one.. looks very easy to grab n yummy...

Starry

jadelyn can be model for avent liao. So many mummies interested in avent teether after seeing her photo, haha including me.

The way u describe her v funny leh...stuff the teether into her mouth with vengence. Haha I imagined the scene in my head...lol

Sofea also slept a lot n was less active Last wk when she was teething but partly bcoz she was down wif slight fever. Where to get dentinox?

Btw sofea has slept poorly for e past 3 days. She wakes up every 3 hrs at nite like a newborn. I read online n could b the 4 month old sleep regression. Any one experiencing e same?

Im dead tired!

Im on my way to be super zombie mummy...

Wake up at 5 to pat lil n. The give some milk.

Hubby wake up 5.45, i told him need to get some sleep, wake up, feel refreshed, only to realisr i hv only slept 15 mins. Iron laundry, eat bf, bathe, clean up. Now im hving morning walk with baby.. (hubby bathe baby when i bathe) i feel high ... zzzzzzz......

Avent teether,

Ya jadelyn sure look like model already!haha can ask for comission

Dentinox,

gonna find it at guardian.. or go to polyclinic nearby. Hopefully have..

Xin2

Glad to hear u feel much better in handling kayden. Hope today will be better for all of us to understand our babies....

About baby fussing:

Yesterday night witness Ivan crying non-stop for 15 mins ... but no tears. Happened when I was trying to nurse him to sleep. Think he still wanted to play so he refused my breast and started his "crying". Hubby came to his rescue (carried him) twice. Even my maid rescued him once... grrrrr ... But I persisted, and eventually he nursed and fell asleep. Only 3 months old ... and so manipulative!!! I can't imagine what he is capable of a few months down the road ... hahahah ....

Hi all...

been so busy at work until no time to breathe...

Anyway, little Rhea is 4month old and doing well.

Went for her jab and assessment on monday and apparently because she is premature baby (almost 1 mth), pd say her assessment got to use 3 month old instead of 4 month old. She got 2 years to catch up with her development. hmm...

Xin,

saw your post abt Kayden. Jia you bah. Think most of the mummies here have given a lot of good suggestions.

For Rhea, now that I am already back to work, my mum used yaolan for her at her place coz she dun sleep well and long too during daytime. Now she is much better with the yaolan. But for weekends, sigh... short naps which keep us very very busy and tired as we dun have yao lan at home.

Luckily at night she is still ok with her cot. Then again, this notti girl got a bad habit. She likes to SCREAM and CRY when she wants to sleep. I always describe it as she need to deplete her battery, empty liao then automatic sleep soundly. So like CIO method, when she wants to sleep and start on her screaming and crying, we just let her be coz no matter how we pacify or carry also no use. Once her battery empty hor, PEACE...

Her pattern is SAME AS her brother lor!!! sigh...

Oh, and this girl still need 1 night feed ard 3+ or 4+ or 5+ depending on her last feed and mood. Still waiting for her to sleep thru the night leh... sigh...

hello mommies and ian. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xin,

hopefully today kayden will also be able to nap on his own. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] since he did it yesterday it shows that he CAN nap by himself. just be consistent in setting the routine and i'm sure you and kayden will have many many more peaceful afternoons to come.

ann,

you went to get the dentinox and tried on nikolas already? how? got improvement? i am also thinking of buying to standby. this weekend going to m'sia for the CNY hols. scared later got some pattern from her and want to buy these type of simple medication can sometimes be mission impossible over there, what more during CNY. :/

nycmum, ann,

hahahha!! if can get commission from avent i just stay home keep giving jadelyn teethers and don't have to work liao! :D she really "attacks" the teether, i'm not kidding u. once put in her hands, she will straight away aim for her mouth, but ALWYAS miss. end up go to her nose, eyes, forehead. too excited lah! when i help her guide to her mouth, she will push the whole teether into her her tiny mouth and gag!! then chew and chew until saliva all over. super funny to watch lor! i must take a video and upload to FB. heh heh!

vivian,

i had to laugh when i read u were too busy to even breath. hahaha~ jadelyn is like rhea, sleep in yaolan in the day. if she sleeps in cot, she doesn't sleep very well. at night in the cot is okay though. maybe quieter at night bah. daytime a lot of noises. how long does she cry for before she low batt and zzz? jadelyn on occasions will cry a bit or just "eh eh eh" before she falls asleep and this happens in the daytime only. maybe wanna sleep but overstimulated by the brightness and sounds.

Hi mummies ...

I have 3 cans of Mamil Gold Stage 2 (900g each)

anyone interested to take over? Expires in Dec 2011.

I got these 3 cans from PD as they were promoting it. But I was using similac.

So I didn't want to waste it by throwing away. Hope that I can let others who can use it..

Pls let me know, thank you!

PS: No charges required. Cans are still in good condition and not opened.

Interested parties, kindly email me :

[email protected]

Back