(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Morning mummies, I'm from sept 2010 thread... I have the pigeon weaning package with bowl and weaning spoon plus magmag cup with step 1-3 nipple, spout and straw... Kiddy selling at $25.90... I'm selling off at $20, inclusive of free normal mail... Anyone interested?? Please pm or SMS me at 93388073...

Afternoon mummies,

Haiz. Today kayden fell asleep later than the usual 9.45am after bath. He only managed to sleep at abt 11. Disrupt the routine intended for him leh.

Mummies,

If baby does not follow the routine timings then how? Sld I wake baby up according to the time I set? Or wait for baby to wake up himself?

Do u all go with the flow n let baby decides when he's tired n wan to sleep n wake up? Or u follow strictly the timings set?

Cos I dunno how leh. Sld I let kayden sleep till he wakes up on his own cos he slept late or sld I wake him up at the supposed time that he is to wake up?

Actually scared wake him up he nt enough sleep then affect the rest of the day leh. Any advice?

Jac/ Vivian:

I've stopped using the Yao LAN for quite some time already. Hb not very keen to reuse it leh. Rather train kayden to sleep on his bed lor. He can't sleep well cos keep startling but I guess he'll soon outgrow it? Or in fact our babies will soon outgrow the startling?

Kayden is ok at night. He can sleep on his own after wipedown n the room is dimmed. Even after night feeds, can just put him down on his bed n he'll fall bk asleep on his own. If nt then just give paci he'll also sleep.

Weird lor. At night he'll startle less.

afternoon to all - ha ha baby sleeping rather soundly. Must be the rainy cool weather [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

baby drink lesser - my baby also drank lesser a few weeks go and after my mom had observed him, she notice that he give up drinking wen he is tired/sian of sucking and prefer to go to sleep. So she make the hole bigger and from then on he drink all. Maybe mummies would like to try

xin2 - huh usually i leave it to him to wake up. So difficult to make him sleep lei - I wont want to wake him up at all if possible! ha ha but it won't happen as he is light sleeper - all it takes is one car horn/scream and he wake up already (sometimes i wan to go downstairs to kick the car/person) As for when to nap, nowadays he will be more fussy when close to nap time or after he had wake up for 1.5 to 2 hours. So i read the signs and will try to make him nap.

Re: teething

I hope Isaac dun grow teeth so soon. I can't imagine e pain when he sink his teeth into my breasts. Now, I already want to cry when he bite me with his gum lor.

Re: new pattern

Isaac wants me to look in his eye and talk to him! He made me do tat last night for almost 1 hr lor. He only coo, I where got so much thing to talk to him? He will start eh-ing if I dun maintain eye contact. -.o"

Zuen:

Haha. Issac attention seeker har? Wan u to talk to him. Next time chatterbox lor.

Me so happy that managed to get kayden to nap on his own again! Just gt to read his signs of sleepiness ba. He din cry much. Yay!!

Xin, good job!

Zuen, aww isnt issac sweet! Better make use of this opportunity. Now mummy is his best fren. My sofea like dat too. Everytime she wakes up.. She will turn her body towards me and kick or knock me wif her hands until i wake up. Then she will flash her mega watt smile at me n start chatting.. So cute, totally makes my day even i feel so zombified frm lack of sleep

Xin, marrisa,

But I was dying to watch tv last night lor. I was alone with him n I cannot do anything except to talk to him while maintaining eye contact. Quite boring, haha. I was so happy when he finally wants to latch. He latch n I happily watch tv. Hoho.

Mummies

Nikolas has cried for 40 mins non stop today.

applied the teething gel, no help.

Now nothing please him i carry also he still cry and cry n cry. With eyes closed. He hs been sleeping since 1.

Any other possibility, other than teething teething?

Now im scared some of his muscles got sprained or smth.

hey ladies

Tmrw lunch is ON

12 noon at Shoduko food bazaar at city hall..

Those that confined gng please pm me your contact if you have not done so ...

I'm out n will only have assess to fb group when home !

Hi all, I have Mamil Gold Stage 2 to let go at just $8! Pls PM me if interested. Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ann: if ur worried mayb u shd check w pd? His crying is like high pitched pain crying or normal crying like for hunger/slp/attention seeking/ cranky crying? Possi that he cld b a little colicky, my friend's son still gets colicky even at 1 yr old. Try dentinox colic drops mayb?

Morning mummies!

I guess we re all going thru the same phase now. I tot after bb turn 100 days will be easier to take care. He used to be able to sleep through the night when he is 2 mths old plus. This week, he couldn't sleep through the night anymore. Wake up at 4am to cry & doesn't want his paci, pat him also no use. In the end he wanted to drink milk but he struggles & move so much during feeding & kept screaming. Could it be the teething phase? He already has 2 tiny teeth on his lower middle gum

Claudia:

How old is ur baby? My boy still not able to sleep thru leh. Usually if he wakes up I'll just feed him lor. He'll go bk to sleep after that.

How u managed to train ur boy to sleep thru? Or naturally he can?

I'm fully latching so not sure how much he drinking now lor. Guess that's y cant monitor n depends on how much he drinks at his last feed lor.

My baby will be turning 4 mths on 1st feb. Naturally slept thru the night when he turn 2 mths but now wakes up in the middle of the night. Any mummies experience baby's coughing?

Josie refuses breast until 9.15 this morning [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I have tried to latch her since 7.30, carried until half asleep for a few times.

In the end I give up, one of my breast goes unpump for 9 hours already, so I quickly pump and ask my maid to carry her till half asleep and give her bottle. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Her last feeding actually at 12 midnight! She prefers to be hungry instead of drinking milk!!! Goes not drinking milk for 10 hours leh!! There goes the say need to wait for her to be hungry becoz she's never wanting to eat even though hungry already.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Give bottle also strugling, after sleeping, feed, in the end can't really finish too, but still drink 140 ml. huhu..

Stella,

crying is high pitched n face becomes red.

Anyway. Today he is better. Will see how at 2 coz that is usually when things go worse n worse.

I thought of going to pd but scared that this might not be a problem? I think she thinks im quite neurotic lei. Haha. :p

Gonna call her tho if by sunday he still like this. Noted on thr colic drop. Will get of really gets worse. Thanks

Claudia,

Good thar u see teeth sprouting. At least u knkw why he is uncomfy. My baby really nothing shown n just cry n cry. Really make me worried.

Otw to lunch gathering. Super late huahhaa.

Hello Hello [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just managed to settle down after coming back from the gathering. Nice to meet all the mummies, daddies and babies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yup it was great mtg up with all of u!!! When I reached home, Aedan was playing on the playmat. Hubby says he has been kicking and punching for an hour.. Refused to sleep from 2pm (I reached home at 445pm). Hubby says aedan was hysterical before milk, after milk, before sleep, after sleep. He was so frustrated so he spank him and he cried non stop for 15mins with tears flowing out. Hubby just left him in his cot to cry and refused to carry him. My goodness I wanna faint. When I got home I don't care I carry and made him nap. Within 5mins he slept. Slept for 15mins wake up and cry for milk. Give him milk, drank 70ml and cry and scream again cos wana sleep. Haiyoh. Super duper cranky [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I even went to buy a new bottle - NUK wide neck bottle to see if it works. But apparently he still cranky and dowan drink milk.

Anyone using NUK?? The classic teats and wide neck teats is actually the same right? The only diff is of cos one is wide neck lah.. I feel the teats part itself it's the same leh. So I don't care lah, gonna just alternate between classic bottle and wide neck bottle should be ok right? Since it's all from NUK. I dowanna waste money. Hehehhee

My friend says to try mixing rice cereals in his milk but wouldn't it be too early?? Really dunno what to do now to make him finish his usual amount of milk. I calculated his total amt of milk daily.. His intake only abt 600ml or so.. Seems like so little [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ann: first time parents are always seeming neurotic no worries la. Better to b safe than sorry rite? Dun care wat pd thinks, anyway we still pay to see them so they can't complain haha. Hope nikolas gets over his crying soon.

Shin: try extending his feed time? Logan used to drink 80-120 every 2 hrs but usually can't finish. Pd advised me to extent to at least 3 hrs n magically he can finish 120 - 160 mls! Pd said it's habit so gotta change, extend abit so that he's hungry enough to finish more milk.

Stella

he used to be able to drink every 3 hourly or sometimes can stretch to 3.5 or 4hourly. but now same duration he cannot finish his milk.. but still cries hysterically on time.. so how can i extend further? haha i think he will tear my house down. so i reduce the amount and feed him when he wants to. everytime i wanna drag the feed but he doesnt allow me to...it only started this week [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ann, how many mth is ur Bb nw?I m also experiencing the same situation as u. Since her 2nd jab last wk her mood can be quite cranky at times. Also will struggle or move during feeding.

Mummies, usually when will they hv teething stage?

Hi mommies

I have added rice cereal to milk to try for my baby. He loves it and drink all in 1 go. I taste it myself - and got the answer - It is sweet. No wonder he loves to drink it.

My boy not yet 4 mths but my mom convince me to do it as he seems to be hungry by 2 hours interval instead of the usual 3. after adding rice cereal its back to 3 hours interval. so far no vomitting and poo is normal (or can say even better as he can poo easily - did not cry badly as previously).

Metta

which brand of rice cereals are u using? My friend also taught me to add to the milk. Whats the proportion to do so? I am still hesistant cos I am unsure isit because he needs something new other than milk or what... cos he's hungry but doesnt wanna finish the milk... so I am not sure if its a good idea to introduce rice cereals now.. hmmmm

Shin: cld it be a growth spurt? Bb might drink less but more often at shorter intervals ( cluster feeds)? usually will last a few days then will resume timing. Or is he hitting any milestones like flipping? Sometimes will affect feeding as well.

Metta,

My mil also told me to add rice cereal into my boy's milk during the night to make him fuller to sleep through the night but some say gave him as breakfast. How do u make the rice cereal? add the rice cereal into the milk and bottlefeed him? As my sis in law ask me to feed my bb rice cereal in a bowl but i afraid he wont take from the bowl. So it's ok to add the rice cereal with his fm & bottlefeed him? I gave him baby apple juice, he doesnt seem to like it. I've stock up some baby food & going to try out on him when he turn 4mth old officially.Btw, i bought the frisocreme.

Ann,

I can see 2 visible tooths sprouting out from my bb's gum. But, i guess it's too early for my boy to have his first tooth as most seems amazed when they see his tooth. My sis in law says her girl only has her first tooth when she turn 6mths old.

My boy have been super cranky too..cannot tahan..need to carry for long hours and hard to fall asleep. Dont know isit colic as he can cry till he got choked on his saliva & tears kept flowing like running tap to his ears but once his dad carry him, he seems fine.

Stella

Isit? I didn't know growth spurt is like that... Hmmmm... I seriously not sure.. He's showing signs of flipping but how does it affect feeding? I just hope he will resume his usual feeding soon.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Boohoo. My sis didnt close my freezer door properly. I lost 1/4 of my fbm. Heng she discover early. I would have killed her if I lost all my fbm! Heartache. Luckily still have quite alot left. Isaac will be on thawed bm e whole morning to clear stock. E rest will be thrown away. I think I will throw away 2 liters of bm lor. Sob.

Emmie,

Ya lor. Some thawed. ESP those nearer to e door n on top. Luciky the ones at the bottom n inner ones r ok.

I almost flopped when she told me and I couldn't speak until I saw e damage was only a quarter.

Seems some of the mummies are discussing about teething. My MIL is suspecting my boy is teething now cos he keep drooling saliva. Is this a symptom of teething? Got to do with difficulty in drinking milk from bottle? Cos my boy now when taking milk will struggle and cry. Half way through the struggling, he will calm down and finish his milk. Hmm...why like that huh? My MIL said his gum is painful when drinking from the teat. I duno to believe her a not. I'll check with the nurse/doc when he is going for his jab next week.

Hi Mummies it's been quite some time I log in busy will lil Boi. Wah notice all oct babies almost hv the same symptoms. My Boi recently also very cranky n fussy I tried so many ways to make him calm dwn. At times I gv up n pass him to my maid beh tahn his screaming. I also see his salaiva drooling but he jus turn 3mths 2days ago. And today I tried feeding him frisocream cereal by spoon he rejected. Hw cAn I feed him by bottle what teat must I buy? My Boi is very particular on his teat I hv tried so many type n finally today found out he like those silicon nipple haizzz

Shin: during growth spurt bb usually either cluster feed or more often suddenly drink alot more. Milestones sometimes affect bb's appetite somehow. Some bb tend to drink less wen they hit a new milestone. Teething cld b another reason especially if bb fusses during feed coz sucking irritates their sore gums. Mayb u try syringe or spoon-feeding him n see if he drinks better?

Hi.. morning to all mummies. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Teething,

I think my boy is really teething as his gums are becoming sharper now. Can see whitish thing on his lower jaw. But i suspect 4 are on their ways, as the upper jaw is sharper than the lower jaw.

he is much much better when biting towels (hubby found out bout this on the net) n teether. But so far the teething gel has no effect on him? *dunno also*

These few days he wants to be carried to sleep but good thing he wants ergo now, so not much strain on my back.

Really hope he soon be done with this phase. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i heard some kids will have long teething phase!! Uncomfy for few months n the teeth emerge really slow... really really hope he is not that some kids hehe...

Btw nice meeting some mummies n babies last sat.

It is the first time too we travelled to central area with public transport, and for so long period of time,.. nxt, im going to try it without hubby someday! :p

I really like shokudo now. Such a baby friendly place. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bblibran,

My son is 4 mnth 5 days today.

As for teething it will vary for each child. Some are born with teeth. But i think at average will start at 6 -8 month? That is when they start eating solid food..

Can be cranky because of jabs also.

Haha to think bout it, they will be cranky all the time heh?

Jabs, teething, milestones, maybe teething again, jabs again, growth spurt, etc...

I kind of give up having nice 10 hrs solid sleep like i used to...

Zuen,

Sorry to hear bout ur fbm!!!

2 litres is a lot. Dont throw lah, u can use for soaking ur feet or smth like that? I havent try though... he he he.

Zuen, haha gd idea! Now issac will haf silky smooth skin!

Yeah, great to see mommies, babies n daddies last sat! Nx time we shd go baby spa n let our darlings swim together

Ann, ya true.. It seems like They will b cranky n haf sleepless nite all e time. Every month dat sofea turns a month older, She will haf problems sleeping at nite. This havent include teething, growth spurts, jabs etc. I really salute working moms Who haf to go thru sleepless nites n still report to work e next morning, n then pump at work. Really tough

hmmm ... EBM ... anyone actually tasted their own milk???.... I've never done so .. only smell smell a bit ... Smells a lil cheesy leh ... is that normal?

Gd morning all to yet another wet day....

Hope everyone and babies are well.

Princess, saw the lovely pic of Jade & Meghan on FB. Super duper cute. Jade is such a sweet and loving Jie Jie.

Milk bath - should try it one day if have more than enough milk.

Change of routine/pattern - Caelan also occasionally change pattern. Last week, he will be awake at 5+ and can't get back to sleep. Have to place him on my chest! Did this twice and it remind me of the time when he is one month old. Bring back memories and crazy me actually enjoy it.

Teething

Gum quite hard but not sharp. He has been playing with his pacifier. He will pull it out and try to put it back on his own or spit out and turn his head to put it back. If he can't, he will scream!!! He even did this at night after milk feed. Bought him teether but he still prefer his fingers!

Due to the rain and cold weather, both kiddos starting to sneeze and cough. Absolutely dislike it! Hope it only get better and not worst.

Wishing all a good Lunar New Year week ahead.

Shireen

U cn bathe with it too, heard very good for skin..

Caris,

Mine no taste one... hehe maybe u eat lots of cheese. I do too but it only smells like fish oil. :p

Btw i really like the link to the articles on ur fb. Been reading it now n then.

Caris, I heard some haf like cheesy smell.. Mine dun smell ley..taste like diluted HL milk! Haha Even my hubby said so... Oops sorry gross!

Diveera, me too! I miss placing baby on my chest like a newborn. Sofea hates when i do that! I tink her big belly pressing against my chest is making her feel uncomfortable!

Diverra,

i also like it when my baby fall asleep on my arms. Feel like hr is still newborn, true.

I think im a teary/emotional/dramatic? parents heh.. actually i look through his photos n compare with him now n think that he grow up so fast... LOL. only 4 mnth old....

Teether vs hands/fingers,

My son 'prefer' the teether coz it was kind of stuck on his fingers n when he push in (wanting to bite/suck fingers), the teether made its way in first. Haha

Coughing n sneezing,

Read somewhere that it is actually signs of teething too

But cant tell due to the wet weather..

Ann: I am not taking much cheese wor ... maybe too much salt? :\ let me try to cut down and see if the smell goes away .. hehe

Marrissa: Maybe I should get my hubby to taste ... LOL~ ... I just can't bring myself to do it ... :p

Weight Loss:

I've been trying to keep to my dieting plans ... so far has been able to resist taking supper ... since I'm already back at work .. I tend to sleep earlier anyways :p ... But I haven't been able to do my pilates .. TOO TIRED lar :p ....

Teething:

Ivan has been drooling quite a bit. But I'm not sure if he is teething. Hopefully it doesn't happen so soon, cos I'm still latching at night. I cannot imagine the pain when he decides to take a bite while nursing -.-"

HI Claudia, shin

Sorry for late reply. Yesterday was horrible day as baby very fussy lei [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

For a start i add 1 spoon of rice cereal into 150 ml milk. Monitor the signs if he is fuller or not and poo normal or not. The mixture will still be watery. I still use the milk bottle to feed him but make sure the hole is big enough. I had to make the hole bigger as I still using the single hole tint! hee

I brought nestle rice cereal (the 1 without milk.) Its green not blue can even my mom got me a wrong can yesterday. I read on other forum on heinz rice cereal is without sugar but i just can seem to find it at NTUC or Giant near my place.

I have also tried spoon feed with thicker cereal. He dont know how to eat :p ha ha so back to bottle feed.

I'm back to office but what a wet day.

My baby boy is 4mths old and he is drinking about 900ml every day, usually about 10-12 feeds a day of 90 ml/120ml each time. Is this considered ok?

I tried starving him and giving him more, but he refuses and doesn't seem to be able to take in more....

Back