(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

congrats to all who confirm pregnant..

me still waiting to be confirmed although i tested positive using the pregnancy kit.

went to gynae last week, but cant find sag.. i guess i am still at the early stage.

started suffering abit nausea, also headache and insomnia.

anyway i realise this thread alot of mummies who are 2nd time mum? this will be my 3rd if confirmed.

thanks for all the care.. i am not stres.. but abit sad.. Af still haven't visit.. so maybe still got chance.. i think i wait another 3 days.. den i test ba.. if dun have den i think i go see a doc to check is it i too weak anot..

Fiona,let's cross our fingers..

Joannelim,Congrats again!hehe..3rd one?wow!But well,they are really a bundle of joy,aren't they?

Elmo,pls do not self medicate!And pls visit a doc soon...you should highlight to the doc that you are preggy!

raindroops,

relax...everything will be fine!You must let go some off your work and worries for now...come into the thread more often!hee...

Poppyseed,

my hubby mad it into those very thick and creamy one,not those watery type...If you have eaten the brand Lo Hong Ka..it's like dat..quite potent and good!He double broiled it until it is thick then cooled and refrigerate it..each day just take one BIG tablespoon..good enuf!

Hi CSTan, i've not done any further tests yet other than blood test. Doc did say will explain more tests for me at later stage. As my mc was last Nov, the doc gave me a week dose med to stabilise my prenancy and was also asked not to eat pineapple and that includes pineapple tarts =(

Was also told no intercourse for 3 mths..

Endure, paws. Jia you! =)

I am now feeling vexed abt choosing a gynea. I am actually keen on delivering at KKH but I wonder if private hospitals such as TMC would b better in svc/skills etc. I am looking at Doc Tham fr KKH whom my fren has jus delivered by him in Jan'10.

congrats to all the new mtb! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif])

Elmo,

how are u now? hope u are getting better..

if you are not well, u can eat panadol, it's the only safe medicine ever.. but the normal one...

some sore throat lozenge are not safe for pregnant woman...

the doctor will tell u which med u can take...

TAKE CARE!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thks gals. I'm going to see a gp for my flu soon. Will tell him to give med suitable for preg loh. I feel silly cos it feels like i'm hu xi luan xiang. av will only be due next Mon. Doubt i'm preg. I could have pop in some antibiotics n recover faster. hai.. well...

gp got do blood test anot? Will he be able to test my blood now and tell me i tio anot? hahhahaha

fiona, still got hope! Go test lah...

Congrats to all those tested +ve. Wish I got a chance to officially join this thread. Next mth i'll be v bz... maybe no time/mood for another round of ttc le. hai... I need all ur baby dust!

morning.. i need to wait for my hpts to be send to me first.. so need to wait afew more days or so.. just have to wait abit more.. den i can know the answer already..

congrats joannelim & blumarine!

I went GP this morning, she said no use doing blood test coz the home pregnancy kit is good enough.. hmm, guess i'll just wait it out till end of this month.

I'm still deciding on a gynae whether to go govt hosp or private. Govt hospital a bit light on the pocket but hubby insists I get a female gynae.

fiona... got chance!

i'm back from GP.. so shy. Told doc to gimme med safe for preg. Then he look at me and ask..

doc: u preg?

me: i'm not sure

doc: u miss ur period already?

me: not yet, but i'm trying

doc: ......

He must be thinking this gal... REAL KS! *shy*

test on the morning will be the best right? cuz i think maybe today or tml i will get the hpt kit already.. or the best i wait until next week??

fiona, ya morning 1st urine most concentrated. if u period is regular.. miss 1 day can test le. Good luck! I'm still waiting for my CNY present.

hi, 1st of all bb dust to all who TTC-ing.

well, i 1st feel weird n have some discharge but disappear aft that. then i wait till 2 more days then i use hm test kit and was positive. Last thur evening i had some discharge again so went to TMC A&E and i brought forward my gynea appt to last fri as urgent case cos by right i will only see my gynea this fri. Gynea do a detail check, swap test and give me a 'an tai' jab. was told to rest more. EDD is 5 Oct but gynea told me usually will deliver early cos my 1st girl arrive to this world at 39weeks. Now i am 5weeks+ preg lor.

elmo : it's okay 2 be KS.. just in case mah? if really got smth inside then how?

actually i had missed my period twice last year.. then after that i fell sick, the one is for 3 weeks, the other one for 1 week..

both ask the doctor to give safe medicine.. was late for 3 & 1 week 2 times, but tested negative and AF come after i recovered from the sickness.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

not sure whether early miscarriage or just too sick & hormonal change...

hello fiona and elmo...

I really wished the best of luck for the both of you and of course to the rest of the wonderful ladies who are trying as hard as well!

What the doc said was kinda right!Hoe test kit is good enough!

the aerola/nipples wil not turn so dark and sore so soon...some ppl might see the change early however some ppl later...but for 3-4weeks i actually dun c any changes yet except for being bloated..lol!

Marrissa/CSTan

I personally felt the gender of the Gynae is not the issue but you must be comfortable with the doc.You have a choice to visit some gynae's before deciding on one!You can start to source around,most importantly the Gynae are able to deliver at the hospital you choose!

Distance of the hospital from your home also a point to note..

My Gynae is from MtE,however i will choose to deliver at MtA which he can be there too!My gynae runs around these 2 mountains!hee.....

If have no clue who to choose,go into the forum and checkout some gyane's,good to know what are they good at and not?

stardust,

actually menses was due 30 jan but 29 jan morning i have browish red discharge so i thought no luck again but aft that for whole the discharge disappear. then 30 jan also nothing happen n 31 jan also nothing happen. I started to feel weird liao cos my menses v regular type.

btw, those who preggy now can start using stretch mark cream already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

princess diamond,

thanks.. will come in again n tell u girls the news after i have test.. take care to all.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

happy pregnancy..

still sourcing out for gynae.. am surprised.. my tummy is bigger then usual and had harden already.. feeling sooo bloated.. and its only 5weeks..

No morning sickness.. but lost of appetite..

Issit normal?

puan sri,

sometime morning sickness will only kick in later part, 5 weeks still early for morning sickness to appear but hope no MS cos i hate it. nowadays i can suddenly lost appetite but sometime have appetite to eat. Think is normal

hey puan sri,

not all will get MS...lost of appetite and bloated is kinda normal!

My MS starts the day i found out i am pregnant..so it really depends on individual!Just watch your diet it should be ok..let's pray hard that you won't get MS!

Elmo, get well soon. Fiona, gd luck!

I've not made appointment to visit the gynea. I guess like p.diamond says, I still can change if I dun feel comfortable wif the gynea.

I should b in my 6th week. No loss of appetite (actually easily hungry at meals. :p) and no MS. No sore/darken breasts/nipples. No hardening of tummy. Jus a small small bump.

Hi mummies, I'm from the Jan mtb. I hve a medela swing for sale. Bought in nov 09 for 399. Just opened to use two weeks ago. Seldom used as baby is mostly latched on. Selling for 200. Pm me if interested! Or email [email protected]

warranty unfilled.

Hi mummies /mummies to be,

Can i join this thread?

Just found out from my GP that i am pregnant with my lao er.

Have not seen my gynae yet. Probably after the CNY.

Thought of chnaging a gynae. Do you have any good gynae to recommend?

Hi Marrissa, Poppyseed, thanks for your encouragements and support.

Hi Princess_diamond, Yea, I think I should go easy on the protein too. I am cutting down on hard boiled eggs, maybe once in 2 days. For the ensure, I don’t take the recommended dose, but only about 2/3 of the dosage, you think that;s ok?

I have started to take bottled birds nest but only maybe once a week cos I am not sure if I should be taking birds nest in such early weeks.

Hi raindrops, I may be able to understand how you feel. I have some ache in my lower back if I stand for too long. Sometimes, I also have this tender feeling (dunno if it’s the same as your cramp feeling?) on either side of my lower abdomen (I think its near the left or right ovary area) , plus because I am still having my cough, so I sometimes worry if the cough is making things complicate for me. I went for gynae appt again yester, was relieved to hear that coughing should not affect preg. And she gave me an organic cough syrup that really make me feel more assured of taking. I am also trying to talk less at work, cos talking triggers my cough.

Because at my last preg 2 years ago. Bb didn’t have a heartbeat, so I am very kiasu this time by going to the gynae early and get progesterone jab and hormone pills. Doc also gave me Aspirin to help in the implantation. Doc say may scan this sat, but I am so anxious that I am usually in a bad mood everyday. Plus so far no MS yet, apart from the slightly heavier chest, which makes me uneasy… The doc says as long as no bleeding should be fine and we are already doing the best we can… so I am constantly reminding myself to take one day at a time.

Welcome Shirley, my gynae is a lady doc at TMC, are you staying near Thomson area? you wana give her a try?

irene

wow u really eating lots of hard boiled eggs.. i am not sure about after pregnant can eat that much or not , but i know a normal person 1 week should only consume max 2, only children can take more than 2.

anyway.. those confirmed pregnant , be careful of your diet. Half boiled egg is a no no.

shirley

congrats.

mdm rynn

i am also super bloated.. i even told my hubby to get ready for a few months of hearing my burp n such =P.

private or govt hospital

i have tried both kkh and tmc. KKh is really a disappointment. i changed to tmc after my 28th week in my first pregnancy.. very glad that i made tat decision, cos i heard so many frightening story of KKH. the trainee doctors are the ones around u when you are about to deliver.. your gynae will only come when u are delivering. trainee doctors will poke epidural on you if u need it.. and mind you, they are not experience.. so sometimes takes more than 5 poke also not successful. My friend got so bruised n painful with the needle that she gave up epidural n go for natural.

so franky i rather spent slightly abit more n choose a better hospital. delivering is already painful enough, why suffer in such a hospital. just my opinion lah...

actually their gynae in KKH, some of them are very very good.. but too bad, they cant deliver in other hospital.

Hi gals,

I agree with Joanne on the choice of hosp and gynae. afterall for some of us, its once of a life time thing to have bb. yester I saw in the TMC lift, the charges for delivery is about $3k plus for ordinary delivery (probably in 4-bedded or 6 bedded). and the usual check up does not really differ alot between some pte doc and KKH A or B clinic. the waiting time is usually less for Pte doc also... so pls pick someone and someplace where you feel comfortable to trust.

welcome new mummies!

wow I see more and more mummies joining us in this thread...

been attacked by MS and excess salivation these few days.. totally can't work at all..any of u experience the same thing?

Joannelim, saw yr comments on KKH service. If we opt for Private Suite, will there be trainee coming in to check on us as well? If yes, can we have the option of saying no? For epidural, can we request for experience dr?

I understand that the cost between pte and kkh is not much especially if we select private suite but concern that overall everything adds up.

This is my 2nd pregnancy. 1st was by Mt E gynae and she is v. good but a little costly thus considering to switch to KKH as I hv also heard some positive feedback.

Congrats to all who are expecting now and wishing all a smooth and enjoyable pregnancy! Baby dust to those trying.

Hi All..

I'm at 5 weeks officialy today.Still nothing much but i'm losing my appetite altho` no morning sickness.

Just that nothing gets me going except if it's soupy and spicy food. That's all i want to eat... Sliced fish soup or tom yam soup.

Is that what's called cravings? Hmm...

Seriously, just mention tom yam especially (like now) and I salivate! Like my entire mouth and tongue just fills up!

Just made an appt to meet gynae at nearby clinic, Dr Kee for an appt after CNY.Apparently he delivers at TMC? I'll be at 6 weeks by then, if God wills.

We're not choosing KKH this time round after the first time. They were supposed to call me if something was wrong with my bloodworks but they didn't and at 5 weeks 1 day, i walked into the A & E during lunch time cuz i was having light brown spotting and was told early mc. :\

To think i had my blood works done on 4 weeks 2 days and 4 weeks 4 days and no one told me my HCG levels dropped. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Good afternoon ladies..

shirley..congrats!

QiQi....excess salivation?????

to all confirmed mommies..

let's hope for smooth,healthy n happy pregnancy..let's not think about having MS k.

raindroops..

yea,me craving for spicy food too!been eating indian n malay food,this morning cook instant noodles with lots of chilly sauce!!i think better cool ourselves dwn ..im so afraid of braekout but yet can't stop thinking of all these food!!arrgghhh..

ladies,

my gynae is from MtE..he delivers bb's at mtA too!

MtA services is superb!Will go bk there again for this pregnancy!

mm... at a later stage, I would want to check with my gynae whether she can deliver at Mt A also (now still too early to talk about this la). cos Mt A much nearer to my place... I think its cheaper too...?

mummies what's for lunch?

Just merlion my lunch honeydew out *grrrr*

yes, excess salivation, according to my gynae, it's a very rare condition for pregnant lady, and I got it TWICE! Basically my whole mouth will fill with saliva, no matter what I do! Now I have a plastic bag ready in front of me..

Irene,i dunno if it's cheaper in MtA but certainly the services good..:0)

Qiqi

Yea,i was reading my pregnancy book and found out about excess salivation!I didn't experienced it on my first pregnancy..gosh..you must be feeling horrible now..

My MS was bad when i had bb no.2!Vomit everything out that goes in!haha,but still managed to put on weight..hang in there!Im sure you will be fine..................Take care to those expecting mommies too!

afternoon ladies.. guess i can't join u all already.. my menese come already.. but only abit.. morning until now only see abit of blood only.. maybe is becuz is the first day? i'm not sure wor.. cuz every time my menese come will be alot de.. haiz.. y like that.. what is happening to my body ar.. blur wor..

Fiona, did u test for preg at all, if you test BFP and now bleeding, then you may want to seek consultation from yr gynae?

hi irene, who's yr female gynae at tmc, i'm thinking of going with dr jocelyn wong. Thought of seeing her end of this mth..but I wonder what's the hospital bill like under her

Back