(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Hi Fiona. Gd luck to you. Must stay relaxed. I was pretty tense while trying. Subsequently, I decided to jus let things b and was more relaxed. And the baby would b in my womb for CNY 2010! =D

I went to my family doc today and did the 3rd urine test. It came out positive and I was prescribed 2 weeks' medicine as vitamins. I would b sourcing for a gynea and would pay my 1st visit 2 weeks ago. Date of delivery is 10/10/10. But I doubt it would b so so exact lah. Haha.

Princess diamond, I think daughters as elder sis would take better care of their siblings. Inform her earlier of her little bro/sis coming. I am sure she would share your joy. Congrats!

cheri, so sad to hear that. Thks for ur well wishes.. but I seriously doubt so. Will know during CNY. No symptoms at all. U jia you k? Hope u can get a Nov bb. 2 more mths to try for 2010 bb! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

fiona, 2 more days to go! Hope ur AV go holiday! I've also been eating alot lately.. all the spicy food! haha.

CSTan, princess diamond, Congrats! 10/10/10 baby is good! I also want!! I need alot of bb dust! I heard trying for #2 is harder than #1... sianzz..

Hi MTBs,can i check when will MS start kicking in? I started feeling queasy this week. And my appetite not as good as before. Is the latter normal? Thank you! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

HELLO ALL....G'DAY!

CSTAN & ELMO

THANKS!I THINK BB NO.1 FELT IT ...SHE IS VERY CLINGY NOW..

ELMO,I THINK TRYING FOR BB NO.2 IS EASIER!EVER SINCE MY MENSES CAME BACK AFTER BIRTH,I REALIZED THAT I AM EXTREMELY FERTILE THAN NORMAL!THATS WHY WHEN I WEANED MY BB IN DEC I GIVE IT A TRY AND BINGO!IT CAME A SURPRISED THO!BUT DUN WORRY,BB DUST IS SPRINKLING YOUR WHOLE BODY NOW..:0)

POPPYSEED:

IT 'S DEPEND ON INDIVIDUAL,MY GF HAS NO MS THROUGHOUT HER 2 PREGNANCIES..I HAD BAD ONE STARTING FROM WEEK 7 TILL END OF 2ND TRIMESTER FOR BB NO.1.

MY MS STARTS PRETTY EARLY FOR THIS PREGNANCY LIKE ABOUT WEEK 4....NAUSEA,BLOATNESS AND LOST OF APPETITE!TO ME IS PRETTY NORMAL,BUT STILL EAT A LIL AT ONE TIME,DUN EAT HEAVY MEALS..MAYBE IT WILL HELP!I CAN'T EVEN BRUSH MY TEETH,THE TASTE OF THE TOOTHPASTE(FLORIDE) MAKES ME PUKE)LOL

HOWEVER,YOU SHOULD BRING THIS UP TO YOUR GYNAE.DO NOT SELF MEDICATE DURING PREGNANCY!

TO ALL LADIES,GOOD LUCK AND ALL DE BEST!HOPE BB DUST IS SPRINKLING ALL OVER ALL YOU LADIES!TAE CARE AND ENJOY YOUR SUNDAY!

thanks princess diamond for the helpful info and congrats on having your second Baby! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

This is my first baby, so i am really clueless, have to read up and find out more. How did you get through your MS fr week 7 till second trim? It seems so long! :p

I am trying to accustomed to the habit of eating many small meals. I realise if i eat my meal early before MS of the day starts, i tend to feel better.

Hi poppyseed,this is my 1st baby too. I am into my 4-5 week. But I dun feel ani MS as yet. I, too haf to read up and find out more like you too. I am clueless too.

BTW, do all of you wait till after 3 mths into your pregnancy before informing others ard you?

hi all.. i got a feeling that i can't join this thread already.. cuz today i try using one pregnant kit to test but get a -ve lei.. maybe is too early to test? Haiz.. so i have to wait again for few more days to see my Menses got come anot.. but really hope it won't come..

Hi Poppyseed,

You are most welcome!Honestly i felt that you should follow what your body wants you to do..If eating early b4 MS starts then y not?A Japanese friend taught me to make my own flavoured ice cubes..everytime i felt "terribly sick" i will suck on one!I broiled sour plums until the water is flavored then i froze it in the ice cubes container...

It has never easy,my MS was so bad till i can't hold my food for more than 20mins!ANything that goes in comes out almost immediately!But i laughed all the time when it happens because i found it amusing!!!!!ANyway,it was so bad i have to go on medication..lol!It is so important to read up about the whole journey of our pregnancy!At least you will understand why it is such that our body is reacting this way..don;t worry too much,stay happy!Keep yourself busy,it will help!!!

CSTan,Congrats to you and don't worry about MS..Not all will get it!Some will only feel a lil uneasy..

Fiona,don't be disheartened!Let's wait ad see..Good luck!

Hi CStan, my edd is also 101010 but doc said usually it won't be that exact =P Doc said i'm 4wks+ but the online pregnany calculator shows i should be 5 wks and due date 051010 so i am a bit confused.. Anyway this is my 2nd pregnancy, i lost my 1st one last Nov at wk8. So when i was late this time, i quickly went to the doc without even doing my own test.. I'm in my late 30s so am quite concerned.

i still got exactly 1 more wk to wait. Not pinning much hopes this time round too. Wait till neck long long.......

wow.. mdm rynn: congratz.. happy for u.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Ladies, I've got an early bfp 2 days ago.. tested on diff brands, all gave faint line +ve line. What should I do now?

Get a blood test to confirm? but where?

Can I just go gp or gynae?

I'm ALMOST 4 weeks.. do u think doc will entertain me knowing it's still early days?

Fiona, is your menses regular? If it is, when you're a day or 2 late and menses doesnt come, you can do the test. To confirm, do test a few days later if you are late for menses still. Gd luck!

paws, we're really close in our delivery date! Congratulations! I am sorry abt your first pregnancy.

Given your age, do you haf to take additional tests to ensure that the bb's developing well? Do stay healthy, happy and let's look fwd to cing our bbs in Oct! =)

Rynn, welcome into Oct MTB thread! Congratulations!

Marrisa, I tested using 2 kits of different brands too. And the result's positive. I haf not decided on the gynea and I went to my family doc to confirm my pregnancy. I did a 3rd urine test there. And am advised to visit the gynea 2 weeks later. Ard 6-7 weeks. So guess you might wanna go to the GP?

Congrats to all OCT MTBs, and my sincere good wishes to all whose trying too! Jia You!!

Princess diamond, thanks for the encouragement! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

CSTAN, so far no one knows except for my family members and my in-laws. They're telling me to lie low till i get past the first trim. I was thinking of annoucing to my superiors after my check-up next week. Still toying with the idea...what about you?

Hi Marissa, i decided to test when my AF is late for 3 days, as it's always regular...I went to a GP on the 5th day to further cfm the pregnancy, using the urine test.

poppyseed, I've informed my parents and in law over the weekend. I've told 3 close frens. I guess I would try to not tell before 3 mths. Had you decided on the gynea yet? I am still sourcing.

hi marrissa n mdm rynn,

congrats!!you can first go to gp to take urine test however if you have your own appointed gynae,you can visit him!The most he'll do a vaginal scan if the ultrasound can't detect?Im sure your gynae won't reject your appointment!

i visited my gynae for bb no.1 at week 3 or 4??lol

this time ..i went to him 3days after i missed my menses!....too exicted!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND TAKE GREAT CARE!

hi all..

i did visit her GP earlier near my neighbourhood.. and yes.. I'm confirmed preggy at ard 4-5weeks..

so my next step is to pay a visit to a hosp rite?

am contemplating between RH and KK.. and I havent got any Gynae in mind.. anyone can suggest?

Hopefully my due date will be the auspicious date itself!!!

CSTAN: hi.. my menese every month will come.. but sometime will late abit but sometime also will go head wire.. so i have to late until next week den can check..

congratz to all mummy to be who test +ve..

Hi CSTan, poppy & princess, thanks for the suggestions!

I just called up Raffles Women's clinic in tampines (hubby made me do so, he's v anxious!) and they said, if I don't wanna see gynae yet n just wanna do a blood test, I can walk in and see a GP at their clinic. The results should be out on the same day. I'm thinking of going down tomorrow morning. Once +ve, then we'll decide on a gynae

Marissa, if u got +ve on all the test kits. 99.99% u preg already. Can skip the blood test even. What GP will do is test and give u vits to eat. If everything is well, no spotting etc, can wait till ard 6wks to see gynae.. that's when u may see heartbeat.

mdm_rynn, where u stay? Get a gynae near ur place or workplace.. easier. Some gynaes have clinic outside.. dun neccessaily have to go hosp.

fiona, ur da yi ma still not gd! Got chance! Gd lunch!

my bb have been feeling full for the past few days... could be a sign of da yi ma visiting early too. hmm.. we shall see.

hi all who are preggy, congrats again ya.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope i can join nov or dec thread.. hehe..

btw, for those who are looking for gynae, if you are comfortable with male gynae, i recommend my gynae in KKH, his name is John Tee CS. he is a senior consultant and an experienced gynae.

i visited my gynae during my 1st pregnancy at 5 weeks and can hear heartbeat. i think 4 weeks may/may not see the sac on ultrasound.

also please start taking your folic acid(i believe the GP you have seen would prescribe you some, if he/she hasn't, please get from them).. it's a very critical period as the major organs are being developed first from week 3 onwards(so basically best to start when u are TTC-ing.)

hi elmo, i can skip the blood test?

But I don't want to see a gynae too early. I wanted to visit gynae only end of this month or 1st week March. I reckon I should be around 8 weeks by then and hopefully, there's a definite heartbeat. For now, I'll be satisfied if doc can confirm via blood test. At least i know i'm not imagining things.

When I had a miscarriage 2 years ago, I went to gynae for a scan at 6 weeks and she said its too early to see anything.

Ladies, are u experiencing any symptoms now?

All I'm having are cramps and really, really sore boobs.

My cramps started from the right abdomen now it's shifted to middle lower abdomen.

I found out I was pregnant last Thursday and am lost.

So i googled and found some local motherhood forums.

I had an early miscarriage before, so am treading pretty cautiously.

So what do I do now? The last time I was so kiasu, went to KKH, took blood test, did scans. Then lost the baby at almost 5 weeks.

So this time I'm taking it easy. It's weird but I don't feel pregnant, and the only different thing is that my boobs seemed to increase in size! And tender! Other than that, nothing. No cravings, not thirsty, and have absolutely loads of energy.

My previous pregnant cycle i was full-blown with so many things like lethargy, headache, everything. This time, nothing. Guess that's why when I was one day late, i took a test and was surprised to see a positive! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Is it okay not to see any doctor now? Perhaps until 6 weeks? I'm approaching 5 weeks now.

And Marissa, you and I seem to share the same thoughts. I want to hold out the visit as long as i can, but scared if it could affect anything. Cuz my mc was only 3 months ago.

Hi raindrops, congrats!

I'm excited about this pregnancy but extremely cautious. I stopped drinking coffee and I try not to run. Last I had a miscarriage, I almost tripped and fell and then at night, started bleeding and that was it. Of course, if I were to miscarry again, nothing I can do.

i don't have much symptoms too, just cramps and sore boobs. But I've had blocked nose for a week now. I wonder if that's linked. It's pretty annoying coz I have to breathe thru my mouth. Will ask GP tomorrow.

Btw, I think it's ok not to see a gynae now, i read somewhere the scan picks up heartbeat earliest at 5/6 weeks. If no bleeding, can just wait it out

Hi ladies, pls ignore my previous post.

Congrats to all ladies with BFPs!!

I just tested positive last Fri night. it was 2 days before my AF due date but i was feeling a bit different, a little more full chested and some tenderness in my lower abdomen, so I did a HPT and have 2 blue lines. Technically I am about 4 weeks preg.

I had 2 unsuccessful preg 2 years ago, so I am being very careful this time by going to see my gynae for some hormones supplement. I am also having jabs twice a week. This Sat then will go for scanning.

I have a rather bad cough so I have been coughing for the last 2 weeks. I am going easy with the lozenges and cough syrup so its taking me longer to get well from cough.

I am trying to take things one day at a time... I am starting to eat more home cooked food, more fruits and veg, drink Ensure once a day, and one hard boiled egg every morning, to beef myself up with protein =)

Are you ladies making changes in your diets ?

elmo:

still haven't come yet.. so maybe next week den use hpt to test.. see whether can get a chinese new year gift anot lo.. haha..

this morning until now got a wired feeling.. like something inside my throat there.. but i didn't eat anything lei.. n from morning until now i also dun feel like eating.. never have my lurch also.. now in office doing nothing.. anyone want to chat???

i dun knoe why i have all this feeling.. i haven't go check this few days.. so also dun knoe whether got pregnant anot.. today is my menese due date..

Hi Irene, congrats! I'm around 4 weeks too.

I've not been feeling well myself. Been having flu/blocked nose for almost a week and it refuse to go away. I'm seeing a GP tomorrow for a blood test and maybe I'll ask for some medicine. I'm too afraid to self-medicate.

I guess when u've gone thru miscarriages, it changes your preception of pregnancy. I'm more careful myself. I avoid coffee, been drinking milk and taking folic acid every morning. And I watch what I eat.. eating lots of vege and soupy stuff at the moment.

anyone can talk to me?? sobsob.. i always talking to myself.. sad.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Fiona, hope you have +ve news for CNY okay? Jia You! Dont give yourself too much stress as well.

Congrats raindroops and Irene [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Irene, I am a coffee addict, eversince i learnt of my pregnancy, i have been drinking milk and more water. No more cold drinks already. Been adding veggies, and fruits into my diet as well. I need the fibre for my constipation :p

HI fiona....

hehe...hows everything?Is this your first try or 2nd?

yeah,it's kinda dreadful to wait for something that we longed for..hang in there!I hope you get what you want soon!I actually check on the day my menses due!Maube you can give it a try to kills your worries??

Hi Irene,

Congrats on your pregnancy!Yea,home cook food is good.However,you must also know what best or not for your bb and yourself right now?Like having fish oil and folic acid an Vit B6,calciums?You should also avoid eating raw n uncooked food!

Just to share my first pregnancy,i had protein drinks during my first n 2nd trimester because i hate beancurd,fish etc..i put on extremely alot of weight,despite of several warning from my gynae!And at week 38 i put on total of 27kg!Then the protein level was too high on that day when i went for my check up @ week38 and was asked to go for induction!hee....bb still refused to come out after 13hrsThank god for the epidural,dilation was faster and she popped after me grumpling while pushing in the delivery room!hee..

Just be moderate on what you eat!Eat for one not 2!For now,i' more careful and was warned by my gynae to eat more red meat and eat regularly,that's all!I watched what i eat now and add no particular food except for some birdnest for some indulgence after feeling lousy (MS) the whole day.....

Good luck to all who is still trying and hope to see some good news soon!Cheers....

princess diamond, i like to check if can we eat birdnest at this early stage? if can, that's great! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

poppyseed...

Y not?I eat b4 preggy,during and after!hee...HB prepared..i ate 1 tbsp per nite!Towards the last trimester,i had the luxury to have 1 bowl per week....

Enjoy your birdnest!!

Hi Irene,

Congrats with your BFP! I'm 4 weeks into 5 this Thursday.

Every little twinge worries me because i had a miscarriage very early at 5 weeks 3 months ago.

I have this slight tight, crampy feeling on the area just left of my belly button and don't know if its normal.

Want to go doctor, but too scared. Anyways figured its still quite early for them to see anything, so have just been taking folic acid.

Do some of you have slightly sore backs from standing in the train lately? Just checking.

This pregnancy is really making me more paranoid every single day. I guess when you're afraid to lose something, you become worried over it.

Sianz. I'm down with flu. If i see doc... Can eat the med anot? I'm still at my 2ww... Kindof silly to tell doc to gimme med suitable for preg? Haha.

raindroops, don't feel so stressed.. think just relax yourself.. if you are worried, please see the gynae. 5 weeks can see the sac liao and might be able to hear heartbeat. not sure if it's ok to feel cramp but it might be normal. better check with gynae. i think it's normal to have aches.

elmo, runny nose pills is safe to take. cos when i couldn't sleep(insomnia) during my pregnancy, doctor also ask me to take the runny nose pill to make myself drowsy and sleep. hahaha.. but ya.. if you want, please tell the doctor that you TTCing and ask him to give some medicine safe for preg just in case lo. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hihi everyone! This thread is getting really active!

I am 5 weeks pregnant according to the GP and am advised to visit the gynea next week, which is the 6th week and I am looking for a gynea. Troubled over this. Dunno whether to deliver at KKH or private hospital. I am more keen on the former.

Fiona, dun panic. If your menses is due and it has yet to come, go ahead and test wif a kit. No hard doing so. If there's no result or negative result, you might wanna wait till a couple of days later if your menses varies a few days every mth. Do the test early in the morning. =)

Elmo, do go see a doc and let the doc noe tt you're trying for a bb/preggy. They would prescribe medicine for expecting mummies. Dun need to feel silly lah! =)

raindroops, it is better to consult GP/gynea. Let them nor your previous miscarriage. They would monitor more closely or determine wat medication etc for you to take to protect the bb and let it develop. Dun feel too worried. Get a professional's help. And stay calm and relaxed. Coz you're expecting! Ok?

Hi,

I just realised I am pregnant via pregnancy test kit. I should be 5 weeks pregnant. I probably will see a GP this week to confirm my pregnancy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back