(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Hi mommies, really need your advice..

My son takes more than an hour to finish half an ikea bowl of purée! he just holds food in his mouth and doesnt swallow. I suspect it's bcos he's afraid of choking which happened before.

He doesn't seem to chew too, despite having 8 teeth. Any ideas? How do u train ur babies to eat? Funny how he may put toys into his mouth, but give him a slice of apple or teething biscuit to hold, he'll nv put into his mouth.. Thanks ah

Ccpet: thanks! No that is older one. My baby still cannot stand on his own. Pls like n support! Kam sia!

Stick yourself?!! How much time n money u spend sia?

My older boy took ages to eat and not v keen on food. But now second one is always hungry and eats and eats... So I suspect maybe it is cos now w second I hardly give purée and thawed purée so mb food is tastier somehow. At this stage think u can try chunkier stuff to let him have more texture? Finger food? I use puffs to trick my bb to open up so I can shove proper food into his mouth. Heee

ccpet how did you teach the dots? Is it like the words, just flash and say the words and go on to next one? But ,with dots, you say the number of dots? thanks.

Hi mummies,

Is it normal for auntie flo/da yi ma to be superduper heavy? I didnt remember it to be this heavy after my #1. I had to wake up in the middle of the nite to change even though already wearing those super long nite time use type. Its those chunky globs types (sorry so gross). My bottom half feels so heavy and lethargic. Wonder if i need to re-visit the gynae.

Luckily it didnt come on Sat when i was at the zoo coz i wasnt prepared for it at all. Met J'don, Khloe and Lucas there! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Seth had a wonderful time, so unlike the sis when we first brought her there. She was scared of almost all the animals. He happily fed the elephants, coz the older kids (brought my nephew & niece along) were all too 'scared' to feed, though they were the one that insisted on it in the first place.

ccpet/sarahmay,

Same for my gal, and almost all my friends who have 2 kids. #1 is always the fussy eater - eat very slow, very little, #2 is better.

Initially, Seth was like that too, didnt know what to do with the food in his hand. U can try to move Daniel's hand to his mouth while he is holding the food, he will get it soon.

this one also

Fits 9-12mths bb. Sleeve elastic band abit tight.

I got it from another mommy in the WTS Section for $15

Interested can PM me!

selling for $10

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5717185.jpg]

hi ebelle & sarahmay,

The TCM is Yu Guo Chinese Physician Acupuncture & Physiotherapy. They are located near Kembangan - 8B Jalan Masjid #01-04. If just massage, charges are ard $20+.. if 药包 is required, then will be ard $30+. Each massage is ard 15mins, i think.. din really keep track cos it will seem like years if the baby cant keep still.. LOL

Hi mummies,

Haven't logged in for some time. Glad to share that Gideon is well from his mycoplasma infection. Hurray.. Super draining when he was sick.

Just to share some tips for those first time mummies who don't know like suaku me. It took a lot of trials before we got professional advice on all this. I practically call my sis in law (she used to be a nurse) everyday and got her down to demo for me.

For feeding med, hold bb's jaw open by squeezing on both cheeks works wonders. The med just flow in past the throat without bb tasting much of it (syringe in to the side). BB wun even have time to buu out the med. Quickly give water and ur bb wun even start crying and it is over liao.

I also learn that for cough or flu, must give ventolin first to open up the airways. 15 minutes later than give cough syrup. Antibiotics should be last. As a first time mum, i gave all one after the other, so most times Gideon end up coughing up the med cos the ventolin hasn't taken effect and he was struggling with the remaining med.

Good to get voltaren suppository on standby from PD. You wun need to rush to kkh in the middle of the night if the fever rush past 39 degrees.

diarrhea, rashes and puking are natural ways that bb's deal with the toxins in their bodies, so don't fret too much if you see such conditions.

CCpet

What do you do with the maths dots? Can upload some pictures to show what you flash to daniel?

For feeding, maybe you try to demonstrate to daniel on swallowing on each mouth and biting on the finger food to get him started? We usually try to eat with Gideon to get his appetite going. He likes doing what the majority is doing.

Starluster

I am experiencing what you have for my menses too. I think should be quite normal cos i feel so before being pregnant. Though i have a feeling it is a sign of weakness in body constituent. There was a period of time (before preggie) where i was on chinese med to "tune back the body" and my menses wasn't so draining physically during that period of time. Seems like after birth body tune back to the original state liao.

SarahMay

Din see you last sunday. I finally go back to church after Gideon recovered. Lost ur hp number. Can msg me urs' again? Hope to see you coming sun.

Have voted for Elisha. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shinchan

I want to bring gideon there to yu guo too. But it is so far away without a car. Sigh..

Sarahmay, voted Like too.. Wah your sons names are really powerful... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I recall now. I bought the sticker dots (some common European office stationery brand) from ArtFriend at Ngee ann city. Also bought square drawing block there. The block had 50 pieces but I'm hardly flashing anything past 30. When u buy the dots, cut them up and put aside before u actually stick them on the paper. According to Glenn Doman, suppose to stick them in random order, so if u don't count them before u stick, u might get a headache when u see 20+ random dots on your paper...

My mom flashes them to Daniel when I'm at work so no picture yet... First day, just do 1-5 a few times, second day do 2-6, etc. If your child can take it, can show more than 5 cards. I stuck about 15 cards to begin with. Took less than 15min!

Thanks for your encouragement regarding feeding bb.. Hb was shocked when bb gal at a food court around our bb's age was eating 7 mouthfuls for every 1 mouthful that DS was taking, aiyoh..

Pomme glad to kn Gideon is well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] when's your off days again? Will plan my leave around those days heh..

ccpet - what is "glenn doman flash cards".. do you mean you actually made them all yourself? even those for mandarin and english ones?

Mummies - i just want to ask... when do we actually need to register for playgroup? (actually i don't remember having gone to school at 18 months leh!) any idea where/what/how i should start looking for? are there like trial classes that we (?) can attend or what?

Hi mommies,

has anyone here brought your baby overseas before when they are about 10 months old?

Can you share with me how n what did you feed your baby?

Thanks in advance!

Hi mummyliang, Glenn Doman is a method. U can borrow books from the library about how it works, then modify according to what suits your timetable. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] they recommended making cards up to 100! But I just do until 30.. I boughtthe mandarin cards 2nd hand. English, just print myself initially but give up already.. :p Honestly we're not very disciplined in the language ones.

kidznmumz09> I bought my son oversea at abt 9 mths plus. I give him those bottled puree with cereal mixed together. He has been eating in this manner so no problem at all.

Kidznmumz09

hi, i brought my baby boy to europe for 2 weeks in May/June. we gave him bottled puree/cereal and i breastfed him throughout the trip. as weather went as low as 6deg at one point, we wrapped him up - many layers! Trip was manageable, we brought the pram along. Lucky me had my parents to help out, so not so bad.

Kidzmumz09> Do remember to bring the thermometer, cool patch and fever medicine. When my boy had fever in the nite we didn't sleep whole nite just sponge him whole nite and luckily manage to get a dr the next morning.

Chin,

Thanks for sharing! wow you brought your baby to Europe! Such a long flight!!! Kudos!

Leo baby,

thanks for the advice! Will bring him to pd a week before the trip n get the necessary medication.

Chin & Leo baby

Was your bb cranky during the flight? Any problem during taking off & descending?

Pomme,

Good to know Gideon is healthy now. It's really tiring and worrying when the kiddo is sick.

I didnt know about the ventolin thing even though my gal took it numerous times! Will take note of it. But squeezing bb cheek doesnt work for me, Seth will still try to vomit it out after he has swallowed. So now after syringing in the med, we syringe in a bit of water and then feed him. He like it this way.

Ok, glad to hear my menses' normal. Was kinda worried abt how heavy it was. Think I will go and 'tune' my body also, coz its really scary to see the output.

Mummyliang,

Playgroup registration depend on individual center. Some popular ones have waitlist. You can call them up to enquire.

sarah so funny regarding ur "my flashcards from #1 time sitting in bookshelf now tho i have #2. kwa kwa...shame on me. "

no worries, i am worse , the flashcards from #1 and #2 haven start yet

haven teach kyra anything yet

Kidzmumz09> during take off and landing always ensure he will swallow saliva so the pressure will not build up in the ears. I will give pacifier, water/milk bottle, teether or even let him eat the tiny bb biscuits. there was a time he was deep asleep during landing and he pass off well too. So may not need to wake him even when asleep.

How nice it will be if our baby can follow our sleep cycle or just go back to sleep at the press of a button. Haha just day dreaming. Life has been tough and if only sleep is sufficient for me I will be very happy. Good thing my darling sent those youtube to me and unloaded my stress and sorrows. Hope you gals had enjoyed it as much as I did. Just letting off my fumes....

Aiyah... My DYM is here! Super sian... Will my body still be producing enough bm?

starluster - do you know which playgroups are good? i don't need super expensive ones like Julia Gabriels..

mummyliang: supply will be lower till DYM is gone....but still will me enough to feed yhe baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummyliang

Don worry .since u direct latch, ur supply will be enough for Bb . Demand = supply

Leo baby

I have been lack of sleep for nearly 3 years already

phyphy & leobaby

oops, i have been sleeping 8-9 hrs daily , baby usu sleeps throughout the nite leh

and even if bb wakes up, i may not know :p

hello mummies! noticed dat we r chatting abt SLEEP now? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I do hv a question...i've observed dat my boy's sleep gets more "interrupted" now dat he's able to sit up by himself and able to crawl ard. He tends to wake up more frequently in the middle of the nite - either sits up and flips and flips his body. No longer like 1-2 mths ago when he can jus sleep thru...at most he stirs a little.

Is this normal??

Hi Mommies, can you share, what's your bb's feeding schedule like? I changed mine previously, hoping to get bb to eat his solids more quickly, but maid said no difference...

Previously,

7am - milk + solids

10am - milk

1pm - milk + solids

4pm - milk

7pm - milk + solids

and in this schedule, he didn't wake up in the middle of the night, only at around 6am or even 7am again.

Now, i changed to:

7am - milk + solids

10am - milk

12pm - solids

3pm - milk

5.30pm - solids

8.30pm - milk

and he seems to wake up at 4.30am, needing to drink milk... thanks ah!

Ccpet

my boy's feed:

8am - milk (6Oz)

10am - solids

1pm - solids

3pm - milk (6Oz)

6pm - solids

8.30pm - milk (6Oz)

bedtime: 9pm. Slp thru and wake up next day ard 7am

Hi ccpet,

My boy's mealtimes changes everyday. The only thing that sticks is the meal intervals.

Sometimes we gave some solids as breadfast, sometimes we gave milk. Mostly we gave solids for lunch and dinner, teabreak maybe milk or solids and sometimes no teabreak.

Super inconsistent mummy here. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My boy doesn't sleep thru and drinks milk every 4 hours at night.

babymaine,

Can you post the baby bash details agian? I forgot the time and venue. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my boy too, just 3 hrly intervals- eats 4-5 solids in day as he rejects milk. milk 1-3 times at night & breakfast if i'm lucky.

want to ask the following questions:

- should i be giving him biscuits everytime he asks for it?

- anyone know how to make baby sleep through the night?

he just recovered from high fever 39degrees! and fake measles... even when he's sick also eating the same -_-"

My boy's schedule has been regular. Morning breakfast at 730/8am cereal, 10am he has a fruit snack, 12pm lunch porridge or cereal depends got cook or not, 2pm F.milk 150ml, 3 pm fruit puree, 430pm F.milk 150ml, about 645pm/7pm dinner cereal/porridge. Then he sleeps abt 830pm and we will dream feed him at 12 am but will always wake at abt 3am for feed. Recently (last 3 days) we drag his sleep to 9pm and feed him 200ml before he sleep. So far he sleeps thru till morning. I learn from ppl to give small regular meal and so far so good. With regards to biscuits, yes he will ask but I only show biscuits after he is done with the main food and I will limit the quantity then divert to other things like toys or games. It the same theory when the start crying, divert to other thing and they stop.

Morning mummies,

I am so sad that i will be going back to full time soon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Diamantz,

I think biscuits is a kind of snack so i wun give my boy biscuits too often so they don't develop habit of snacking. I try to stick to only core meals for him, cos that's what i experienced when young which helped me not to develop a snacking habit, which i think is good.

How do you know that your boy is asking for biscuits? My boy wun ask for biscuits, though he will make known he is hungry sometimes when we are late in feeding him. My boy is more play focus, so he wun actually ask for food unless he sees us eating something. I only give him biscuits when he keep asking for our food (which he can't have) while we are are eating.

I want to learn how to make bb sleep thru too. My boy's appetite is so good he never fail to ask for food if anyone in the house is eating anything, even though he already had his porridge or milk earlier.

Glad Aidan recovered. Can share some symptoms of fake measles? Did the pd say what caused it?

Leobaby,

Rei is practically eating every 2 hours. I think that's good to keep baby's stomach capacity small. My Gideon's appetite is harder to satisfy cos he only eats core meals every 4 hours.

leobaby train HR very well.

yeah, i agree i don't want to make it a habit for him to snack. once in a while he will point to the place where we keep the biscuit OR when he hears the word biscuit or 饼干 he will look at his biscuit box ... and he is soo happy when he see the biscuit box -_-" literally jumping with joy and grinning ear to ear. maybe i'm not feeding him enough... shall try to increase his meals and see how. He's having 4 scoops of porridge (steamboat scoop)... is this a lot? weight is 9.8kg.

fake measles sometimes appear after the kid has high fever. Aidan's reach 39 degrees. So when the fever suddenly clears about 2 days later, the red spots start appearing on his body. First day was little dots all over body, then at night became raised patches all over the trunk, even groin. Then the patches became flat the following night, and disappeared on third day. They don't itch too.

how come go back full time again?

Leobaby,

Gideon normally sleeps at 9.30pm or 10pm and we feed him 240ml now. But he will still wake up every four hours and sometimes earlier to ask for milk. sigh.. i am not sure what to do liao.. tried to feed him some bread and cereal in the day and up his porridge intake and split into two feeds per meal liao still the same, keep asking for milk at night.

Diamantz,

Maybe you can try to up his porridge intake? So he wun ask for biscuit? Gideon's lunch and dinner porridge is about a full baby bowl (up to the brim). We normally use the similac formula scoop and scoop 4 scoops of rice grains to cook porridge for two meals.

Thanks for sharing on the fake measles. I will take note about it.

Going back to working full time cos i am not extending my part time arrangement anymore. GOt a lot of leave to clear before i forfeit them this year plus work is still a lot more than compared to my working days, so it is hard to even take leave without falling way behind on my tasks. Sian..

can't attend august 6 birthday bash! My friend's baby celebration to attend. To mummies who are attending, enjoy yourselves ya..

one thing to ask. Many weeks ago one mummy says her mum has a regular fortune teller and she says quite accurate. She was told she will get promoted after she haber birth. please pm me if you know who you are. Ssitteiv like to find out more about your fortune teller

Hi mummies,

Do U'll have any good confinement lady to recommend?

Cus my SIL delivering in nov. So she need to find someone to help out for the month.

Please do PM me should u hv any one gd.

Thanks so much.

Mommies .. Long time no "chat" hahaha clueless reporting live now!!

Crystin scedule

wake up btwn 8-9am

8.30 am: FM 6 oz - 7oz

half an hour later: Fruit

play 30 - 1 hr

nap

lunch btwn 12-1pm

12 pm: Carbo + Vege + meat

1-2 hour later: Milk FM 5 oz-6 oz

play time

snack: Fruit / Yogurt

nap

dinner btwn 6.30-7.30pm

7pm: Carbo + Vege (basically 2 bowls)

9pm: Milk FM 6 oz

i never give biscutt snack to crystin. her snacks are always fruits or yogurt. hmm maybe thats why she doesn't snack on her own and alays spoon feed. but am planning to give her vege sticks soon..

Crystin back to sleeping through the night but she tend to sleep about 10ish. One thing for my baby, if she skip her evening nap, she tends to sleep better and of course if she play alot. If her evening nap is more than 2 hours she would be super active till about 11ish at night. So my conclusion, morning nap is a must but evening can skip if morning nap is more than 3 hours.

As for her porridge, I use the Steam method to ensure the soup goes into the rice. If I lazy then i just boil normal rice without soup base [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Pomme, I may be keen [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] How to buy? Online or go to shop?

Hi bb(dreamz),

Yup, go online to polo ralph and click on to items you want. at the point where you proceed with the purchase, they will have a field for promotion code. YOu just key the code in that field and they will update the final price for you. Happy shopping.

ccpet - you know my Nicole also takes about 1 hour to finish her semi-solid... and it's just 90ml of puree + 1 tbsp of porridge... sometimes cannot finish!

pomme - for sleeping through the night, it really depends on why Gideon is waking up for! If he wakes up hungry, then you try increasing the portion for dinner (preferably semi-solid). If he wakes up to be comforted only, then you need to teach him to self-sooth...

Nicole's meals routine:

Bm upon waking (7-8am)

9am - yoghurt or plum+oats (my bb very constipated!)

11am - bm

1pm - semi-solid + fruit puree

3pm - bm

5pm - semi-solid + fruit puree

7pm - bm

She sleeps around 8-9pm and wakes up sometimes 5am for a feed; but most of the time (thank God!) she wakes up 7-8am...

I was reading earlier post about cod liver oil.. I saw the Scotts one is for older babies right? I think the packaging says 1 year old? Which brand is suitable for our babies and where can I get it from? Thanks!

Oh ya mummies... can anybody share recipe? Stock for porridge? I've giving the same one for Nicole but I think cause of the tomatoes and carrots, she's a bit yellow! Many thanks! cv

Back