(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

Im slowly changing step 2 to 3 by mixing 1.5 scoops of step 3 to him every feed.

Though the "correct" say is to change a feed to step 3 totally instead of doing my way... haa.

duckling, i juz checked the website.. alamak.. my elder gal only got 1 chicken pox jab.. jialat.. she is 3.5yo liao.. so can still take the booster jab anytime?

sunflower, i dunno why my gal sleep like tat.. maybe becoz the fan will blow at all the body in this way instead of only the legs n feet area..

mvh

luvbabies charge 14.50 per tin for 400g one ... i buy from them also.. 400g one always sold out..

eeyore

400g tin can open a few tin and pour in the big tin ... it's cheaper by alot.

My coy is hiring:

1. QS

2. HR Admin Executive

If any of ur frenz finding job, pm me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Location: Tuas Loop [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

eeyore

then it's the medical hall there sell cheap. how much for ur 1.8kg ? tink luvbabies selling $68 already cheaper than super market by about 4 bucks.

Duckling, ic.. So I can still wait till next yr or so..

Alibaba, ya typo.. $14.50 instead of $14..

Eeyore, luvbabies is also fr Chinese medical hall.. Got free delivery when buy things fr them online for at least $200..

wow.. so much discussion on baby's weight and where baby sleeps.

My boy still sleeps in his cot. I feel it is safer to sleep there since his room has other stuff laying around which may not be so safe for him.

The last I weighed him just before he turned 11mo was 9.23kg. His weight is more or less stagnant. Since he is already 3x his birth weight before he turned 1yo, so should be ok. I'm so busy till I don't know if I can celebrate his birthday. Wanted to do the chinese birthday game but hubby is just not keen. So fed up. He thinks he is ang moh, so the son must be ang moh also.

Bak

How's ur boy at IFC? Sent my boy to IFC since yesterday. The first day was ok, but today he didn't sleep much and also didnt drink much. Porridge he ate alot though. He also refused to let the teacher bathe him. So now two teachers have to bathe him, one bathe the other carry. I think he is scared, sigh... my mum just told me to gave him "jin feng shan" cos she saw yellowish/greenish patches around the eyes area, so must be frightened.

I probably will let him try out for two weeks, im ok with this IFC. Every morning, the teacher did flash cards and sing songs. Today, there's colouring session. They are given Singapore flag and crayons. Oh, afternoon they even project educational cartoon shows on the wall.

today topic is on baby's sleeping method?

Just to share how baby R sleep:

We got her a Queen size bed, placed on the floor beside our bed. She will self entertain herself before sleep. Normally she will sleep by herself after a while (15mins of playing). Of coz, lights are dim off when she starts to place her pacifier in her mouth.

Sometime, if her daddy was to nap with her in the afternoon, normally daddy will fall asleep before her. :~( I dun bother as along as she nap.

As for the sleeping area, I will place blanket or pillow ard her to restrict the area she had. This is to prevent her from falling even though if she crawl beyond this boundary.

Just finish celebrating my girl birthday on Sunday ... Tiring !!! After months of preparation for the party n now it's over n my darling turn 1... Really fast .... Yesterday was her actual bday n brought her to singkids n she love it ... My girl is 2.5kg at birth n now she is 9.3kg at 1 yo ... So should be ok ?

I am going to let her try more food since she turn 1yo !

Today is my boy 3rd day in IFC and he still sleeping now. I wonder why. Usu he wakes up at 730 or 745am the latest. Sleep after 11pm. Last two nights 1030pm koonz already. And he wasn't even staying at the IFC for whole day. Only went there for 4 to 5 hours!

Going to be late for morning activity.

eeyore, malaysia version got different nutrients composition or not? coz i remember got some mummies said there is difference in the nutrients comparing malaysia n sg formula.. but cant remember which fm they referring..

mVH, enfa stage 3 got diff nutrients.

Tot of buying in msia. but Thinking that what if next time they dun let us buy the milkpowder etc, and that is why me and Winnie gal back out the idea of buying in Msia.. and more imptly is the diff nutrients.. so we still decided to buy from Sg now.

But I wanna go and compare pediasure ready made if they are manufacture in US, if so then i buy.

$2.75 per can is quite shoing for me...

msia FM are manufactured in msia.. for similac , 2 nutrients are lacked in msia, so thats explain the price difference. but difference is not super huge..but if buy in bulk, savings is huge. msia is super famous for enfa, and babies are quite healthy too..alot msian are intelligent leh..so i think there is no need to afraid drinking FM from msia.. When it comes to china , then we shld refrain 100%..

Is pediasure better? Why so expensive ?

Sigh, my son woke up with running nose. Two daysin IFC only. The two kids there having flu. Teachers still tell me it's morning separation anxiety.

Talking abt malaysians intelligent. I heard the Malaysian Chinese buy milk powder from Singapore. They think Singapore FM is better.

rachel, my gal also runny nose....they can catch virus quite easily at this age..sat when we had her bdae celebration, of the relative's gal n maid had the flu...then ydae my gal down le cos she played with them.

eeyore

i tried m'sia one... though is much cheaper but my boy dun like leh.. hahaa.. i heard m'sia they got subside on milk powder. hence they are much more cheaper... not sure can buy to sG but i smuggle a few tins before le..

i tink u shld try Luvbabies lor..they have free delivery for purchase above $200. their other bb products are also cheaper.. like pureen btl detergent is cheaper too.

Sorry I couldn't catch up with the current topic...

MVH

I try not to worry too much but its just stressful when ppl comment abt your skinny baby...

Sunfl@wer,

Milk is not junkie... I have been telling myself its okie that my girl only dirnk bm and water now...she has refused her porridge for 2 weeks already...I worried that she is not eating enough too, but she is so picky. I give her avocado and yogurt she will eat... porridge with any ingredients she shakes her head vigorously! I wonder how long this will last.... I also realise lately that she is teething 3rd tooth...can see slight whitish but hasn't emerged... this is 3rd week already, maybe its time I try to force her to eat porridge....

winnie

I went to a few CC at SSC that area CC. one of the CC has such program. Flash card. and abacus..but the location is the minus pt. no car hard to fetch him. if i not free, my mil or maid will hav problem picking him up..

Scent, my gal's porridge strike lasted 3 weeks! then lately started to eat some althou amount eat still v small...but better than not eating at all...

try using chopsticks to feed her some egg yolk and porridge (cook it thicker)? my gal wld eat some if feed her with chopsticks...really need to trial n error...

don worry! her porridge strike will be over wan...at first i also v worried, wondering when this will end....don force her for now if not she may resent eating...

scent,

i meant 'junkie' as in watever milk i give, he just drink..how much i give he also drink.. dont choose.. like a food junkie..i dont meant milk is junk food.

rachel,

yeah , some msian bought from singapore cos of nutrients difference..

alibaba: i have been to CH which ur boi attended.. i like the place clean and big.. not crowded..

how is their activity?

where is the CC located?

pekkle

Can u share with me a little more how your gal started to eat porridge again? I tried using chopsticks n even change her bowl n spoon to what we using but she took first bite then dun want to eat anymore... She is allegic to egg yolk, I gave when she is 7-8 months but she vomits a few times after 2 hours if consuming egg yolk. I even tried on 3 occasions just to confirm it's yolk allergy!

Sunfl@wer

I see! Your baby is so cool! At least when they're not eating well, u can still rest assure they get good nutrients from taking lots of milk... Btw, is bm alone really not enough nutrients? Previously someone suggest giving FM to supplement...

MVH

I'm also still latching on and continuing to bf my gal thruout the night. I also not planning to wean night feeding but mostly Becos I dunno how! She cried n screamed in themisdle of nights only by offering my breast it calms her down n aleepsz. Then I place her back on her cot....that's one good thing she isn't very heavy yet ...

Winnie

My boy is attending Life Journiz. Every morning the teacher will do the shichida flashcard method. Flash 3 sets of cards of different categories then stop and sing song. Then flash another 3 sets and sing song again. This morning missed this morning activity cos he woke up late. Reach there 1030am. The children were napping already.

Thanks Jasmine.

Thinking of going taka later if not raining. Can chk the cold storage there. Need to find his bb yogurt too. U fed bb J yoplait for 1 yo? How's it? Does he like it? I think I will wait till he 1 yo then give him. Duno why bb yogurt so hard to get. Alw oos.

rach,

yes the yoplait (6mths & above) is OOS for a very long time already. so now if I can find yo baby, I will buy that. if really don't have, will buy petit miam (yoplait 1yr & above). reason why i don't prefer petit miam as much is cos out of 6 tubs, 2 tubs are strawberry, which i don't want to intro to bb J yet.

winnie,

i forgot the name of the school. have to go back and check. let u know again. and yah, CH is big and lesser headcount because they are new. what activities, i think u can check with the teacher there.. now i also lost track on what they doing.

i am soo slpy.. had a v full and sinful lunch.. cha kuay diao plus shared white carrot cake.. joined new company is making me FAT soon...

scent, maybe yr gal doesnt like rice/porridge? give mash potato, sweet potato, mash carrot and see if she takes?

bm is enough when bb is taking other sorts of food. so dont worry.. even health board in USA recommends to breastfeed to 2yrs..

pekkle, my gal likes the food i m eating. so sometimes she doesnt finish her porridge, i eat the remainding in front of her and she wants to eat too. if u dont mind sharing food wif yr bb, u can try eat one spoonful, she eats another spoonful..

scent, actually we didnt do much lei. we just started to give her the porridge when she hit 3 weeks strike and then she was receptive...but again, she wont eat alot wan as always..7-8 teaspoon then don want le...on good days 10-12 teaspoons...

just started giving egg yolk 2 days back and she has no allergy...also by chance discovered she willing to eat it..i was having my instant noodles w egg and then threw an egg in there....gave her the yolk w chopsticks and she ate lei..then tdy my mom did poach egg and then she ate 3/4 egg yolk and some egg white wor....really like strike lottery lor when she willing to eat! haha..are we on each other's facebook?

mvh > the method of sharing food i try before lei..does not work on my gal...she also don like mashed stuff lei...not sure abt scent's gal thou...

scent, how abt give her some white rice (feed w spoon or chopsticks u just trial n error) and then steam the fish separately to feed ur gal? this works for my gal but again eating in small amount but at least willing to eat...can give it a try!

Back