(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

Good Morning All,

It's Monday again!!! How's ur weekend?

I have a great and tiring one!

Sat went to Jurong bird park with buddy and family. Our bb goes "bird", "Duck".

Haa.. JL everything also bird/papa... -_-"" Been hearing this all the time!!!

Sunday half day did housechores and also, throw away JL clothes, realise Im too KS! All are too big for him! Bot again, and also, bigger size.. haha.. now, he only can wear a few cos it's seems too big for him!

Anyone like me now? Been buying and buying for bb, neglecting yourself??? Hai.. wanna buy my own but still in the end will end up in other department looking at other thing!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I dun have new clothes/shoes... only new specs...

Scent

Mine is a milk junkie , drink lots of milk since birth until now, but only 2 bunny teeth so far. Also late teether, so i dun think it's calcium related

Do bb need to take the chiken pox jab or or wait older age? i lost count liao, Gen suppose to take her peumo jab at 3,5 month i forget when shld i let her take her last jab..

Sunflower, JL only drink half of Luca's intake!~

haa...try squeesing 10ml and he somehow know where to stop! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I called healthway.

It's optional to take chickenpox jab. As when they go to primary school they will take this jab.

If you want to take, it would be in 2 doses. If you take now for them, they will skip during Primary school

or either take MMR.

Then next will be 18months (5-in-1)

Gd morning, wow, talking abt baby weight huh? Baby S also skinny type... still less than 8.5kgs till now... but I have no concern la, as long as baby is happy & active... we shouldn't worry so much... anyway, envy those babies chubby chubby lo... lolx!

cheese, me me!! I bot so many clothes for my kids & neglecting myself!! It is common lo, when go out shopping, 'automatically' we will work to children dept store 1... Even the 1st intention is not to go there :p

winnie gal, chiken pox jab to be taken when baby is 14 mos old.

Sunflower, Baby L drinking 240~270ml!! Wow, how many times he drinks per day?? Big bomb for u to spent on him FM!! Haha!

Sukai, my kids also always fall sick... very sianz la... esp when #2 just get well, #1 come again, like never ending like tat...

Suika,

Your bb in ifc or sleep in aircon?

I realized if bb can tahan, try to avoid sleepign in aircon. Mine gets phlegmy when he sleeps in aircon so we let him sleep with ceiling fan. I fed him probiotics as well, alternate days.

duckling,

4 times.. 2 porridge feeds..weight also stagnant le..but grew taller..

cheese,

my hb and i have no intention to let my boy takes chicken pox jab leh..we prefer he kena to build up his immune system..but of cos not now..hopefully in primary sch lar..

suika,

did u take alot chilling drinks and food during pregnancy? maybe im more to the traditional ..i totally stop all drinks and food that is 'han' .. no cold drinks at all..no han food too..

i took alot heaty food which old pple say better heaty than han..cos bb tends to fall sick easily when borned.. .me boy is heaty one..perspire non stop, afternoon nap in aircon room without pants or long sleeve also no problem.. so i relate that to the food i took during pregnancy..(but doesnt apply to some others..i also have frens drink alot cold drink, baby doesnt fall sick).

duckling,

the virus is like nonstop passing from one to another like that....so sianz

bakaholic,

LC is not in ifc or aircon but her tap like leaking 1 ley....no sneeze oso leaks :p

sunflower,

really? this preg i more bo chap

winnie,

i remember can take chicken pox and MMR at 14-15 months. last 5 in 1, like what cheese said, it will be 18 months. i have not let my devil take prevenar jab yet. going soon by end of this month.

sunflower,

wow, your boy drank a lot. mine is just half of what your baby L is taking. but luckily she take more solid food. the only time she drank 200ml was a few months ago when she had growth spurt.. haha!

duckling,

as long our babies are active and drinking/eating well, it does not matter on the weight. hehe!

bakaholic,

duno ley....PD no mentioned anything on this area to me wor

cheekrene, allergy? dun think so ba....everyday eat almost same thing ley

Sob, I very scare "cough", I myself have 2mths+ cough (catch JL virus)

and JL had 3mths cough and lost 500grams that time cos of his prolong coughing!

Suika, hope u and BB L get well real soon!

Hi mummies,

My baby is sick, having fever, & diarrhoea.

I feel totally lost, don't know what to do & how to handle him.

I feel that I am a bad mummy. Feel so sad ;(

He is closer to my MIL & maid. Not close to me & hubby at all (cos we are weekend parents).

Hi Bakaholic,

you mentioned that you feeding your baby probiotics, what is it actually, what does it do ?

Where do you buy & what brand ?

maybe need to start giving my baby since he is having fever, & diarrhoea, maybe need to build up him immunine system

my bb also sick, runny nose.. coz grandma spreads to her.. then my elder gal coughs n caught runny nose.. now me sore throat.. hopefully wont spread in the household..

suika, my elder gal get cough n runny nose easily when sleeps in aircon room, though we only on for a few hours to make the room cooling.. my bb A got runny nose when she is about 6mos for 1.5 mos.. PD said might be allergy n dun over treat it.. so after 1 mo of medicine i stop all medicine n let her sniff ard.. after 2 weeks, it stops by itself.. but i have seen 2 PD in that 1mo..

Duckling/cheese, i also keep buying n buying non-stop for my gals. my hubby once asks me if i got a sickness -- buying online non-stop.. coz he keeps receiving parcels in the letterbox.. lol..

sunflower, my gal only drink 80-140ml each time.. yrs really drink a lot leh..

something to share..

i met with my ex-colleague who is studying medicine now..

she said it is good that we or kids get sick once awhile.. to update our immune system. coz virus keeps getting mutated every now n then.. if din get sick for a long long time, when kanna, will kanna big big time..

she also talks abt vaccine.. good to have the chicken pox, MMR vaccine. coz all these can be prevented, juz take.

MVH, BB A drink so lil? But her weight is good eh!

Haa.. how I wish JL is like that.. Im a milk monster..

Now gave pedisure cos he is really a fussy drinker.

Ya, my hubby say im too much.

I go out, each time have to buy clothes for him. JL got many big size clothes, till now he's

wearing those old one cos it's way too big.. only weekend go out nia.. normal days he wear seems overdress.. LOL.

I HAVE TO STOP...

Hubby ask me to treat him good instead of spending $ on clothes, toys etc.

He is going to control my $ le... ok.. i have to do a stop!!!! Argh.

Karen, I bought biogaia for JL,every morning give 5 little drops to them.

http://www.colichelp.com/shop/biogaia-probiotic-drops.html

cheese, mvh,

same! i always buy and buy for my kids but hardly buy anything for myself. almost every weekday open mailbox surely have my parcels and the postman/courier come to my house at least 1-2 times a week.

pedisure is for 1yr & above?

my boy also only drinks 50ml-150ml.. sighed!! should i change his FM? he's now drinking enfa.

cheese,

thanks! i've given her back the old med now monitoring later nap if she's still coughing badly to see wana bring her PD tonite anot

do we really need to give extra pre/pro-biotics?

MVH,

u gal drinks so little? u sure? she looks chubby leh.. or she drinks more frequencies?

cheese,

why dont u buy clothes that fit him? why buy bigger size?

jasmine,

your boy drink 50-15ml? but he look chubby leh. i think you can try another FM to try, maybe he dun like enfa or sick of it, that is why drinking less.

karen,

Probiotics is the good bacteria that helps to promote healthy digestive system like yakult/vitagen. It is said to build up immune system.

The brand i bought is called "Biogaia" and can only be found in PD clinic and it is liquid form and needs refridgeration.

Did you bring your bb to see doc since he is not feeling well? Probiotics is good for diarrhoea.

so wat do you usually feed your boy? Maybe can try a range of veg, whole grains, fruits so that he can get more vitamins and minerals.

cheekrene,

ya usually i always make 150ml FM for him.. sometime he only drinks a few mouthful and doesn't want anymore.. have to make cereal with the remaining milk.. he only love eating two home-cooked meals, yogurt, yogurt drink, and puffs.. as for 3 x FM intakes.. not once he can finish his milk..

Cos I KS marz.. buy bigger rather than smaller.. in the end, cannot wear.. for Fox, I will buy wear 6-12months. so I bot some 6-12months.

The rest 18-24mths etc, disney brand is too big, 6-12months for him still got space..

Just wash a stack of clothes, going to wear it soon!

Yes Jasmine, is for 1year old -10years old..

just for supplement, i read is for fussy eaters, just wanna let him try and I think he like the vanilla taste de.

Can drink 200ml at a quick go ( a good record for him liaoz)

Or he just sian? at times JL also like that.. he to sing song... let him play for awhile. then continue to drink again.

have u tried that?? I dun recommend to change milk powder first.. Cos if let say he dun like this, u gotta chane whole lot of brand???

Or u just started new brand and he need time to adapt? How long this lasted?

Im a KS mum, I gave him probotics, multivits (all given by PD), for him to boost his weight as that time stagnent for 2months.

Till date I still give. Cod liver oil every weekend too. He love all.

cheese,

I also kiasu... bought all 12 - 18 mths or 18 to 24 mths, turn out yest his b'day party cannot wear, before that grandma bought a new set for him... must buy 6 to 12 mths then can...

Mvh: BB A only drink so little of milk? wah dun look like leh...

Jasmine: BB J also intake so little?

my only drink 180ml of milk,depends on her mood..

i tink i will bring her to take her last jab prevenar jab. then wait till 14 month then take chicken pox...

cheese,

think can let my #1 drink too.. when he started not drinking, i let him play toy or entertain him with iphone apps he also won't drink.. so have to make cereal and feed him.. he's on enfapro since 6/7mths old.. i also feed him probiotics, multivits, baby dha everyday.. but he just doesn't like milk..

cheekrene, cheese, sunflower, winnie,

now bbA bottle feed in the day by my mum (weekday). When she wakes up ard 8am, she drinks about 80-100ml ebm only. then ard 1030am, another 100ml (120ml max) before nap. lunch at 1+pm. another 100-140ml before after nap ard 330pm. then dinner at 6+pm.

when i m home, i latch her at 8+-9+pm before she sleeps. at this time i think she drinks a lot coz can see her stomach very very big. during the nite she might wake up 2-3 times but latch juz 5 mins..

6+am, latch ard 10mins ba..

Do u all intend to let them take MMRV? MMR + chicken pox vaccine.. less 1 jab..

MVH,

ur interval is ok leh..like that she drinks alot..no need to worry.

jasmine,

u can switch FM to see if he likes other brands..some babies are like that, choosy..all FM are different taste, you can trial and error.

but u can get samples ma..no need to buy.. usually samples, they give u enough to be able to tell if ur child is ok with it.

mvh,

u still latch till now? dun intend to wean off? I'll be giving MMRV before LC turns 2 and pneu when i sends her to sch then take

sunflower, then bbL is consuming abt 1L milk per day leh... very good! If bbS can finish 600ml per day I m happy with it liao.... hehe..

U dun plan to give cken pox jab huh? hmm... i think is better give lo, cos the vaccine also virus to them ma.... my#1 school got outbreak of Chicken pox last yr... 1 class more than half kena... some take 1 jab already but never take the booster jab 1 also kena... now go school if never complete the jab sound very scary... so I still think better take...

Sukai, the virus not only passing from 1 to another, but getting stronger also... i have been hearing the friend’s kids kena this virus or that virus nowadays... so many new names of virus...

cheekrene, ya... that's why i din concern very much on his weight too :p

MVH, u still latch on huh? Salute u leh... work already still so onz!! But I also doubts like other, bbA intake really dun match her size... hahaha

Jasmine, I think ur boy size is good enuf, and u have been feeding him sooo many various of food... very nutrition already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cheese / eeyore, me too leh, I also buying bigger size for my kids... #1 & #2 also... cos when buy online, worry too small cant wear, then will buy 1 size bigger... whose know our babies are small size loh... so always can’t fit... haha

hmm dunno leh... now nv tot of tat... initial hope can b/f for 3 mths, then 6 mths then 1 yr... until now i still not ready to stop... taking cue from my ger... or if preggy, whichever comes 1st. hheheh

crescent,

mi no latch liao n coz kana flu n cough last wk then lazy to pump no pump for more then 24hrs n no pain so decided to pump if pain but surprisingly 3days liao then juz stop completely now i so xin tong coz everyday hv to take out 2 pkts of my frozen EBM

sunflower,

thx i just requested for pediasure sample. but don't know must wait how long. maybe will just find a small tin and try. if he's not suitable or doesn't like, will give my #1 drink.

last time when i was 7yr old, the boy my nanny looked after had chicken pox. my mum asked my nanny to purposely let me keep playing with that boy to let me kena chicken pox too.

but my hb and MIL nvr kena before. so IF next time my kids kena, confirm i'm the only one to look after her/him.

suika,

me used to pump out 3 times in office & wkends, then since june, i pump once only in office and during wkends i dun pump, just latch her on

everyday 1 bring down 1 package of FBM to IFC... my freezer is still packed and full of FBM...

Back