(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

Ladies i juz call HB they dun allow so many into a classes.. so they suggest we split the class leh.. abut 3-4 bbs to one class..

maybe i shld try tanglin mall one>?

cheekrene,

haha then on and off we need to post the list of gymboree trial class to prevent it from getting lost in thread...

btw, I don't have time to call them up as Jovan is sick and busy at work... anyone free to call them on behalf??

Sheric,

I never join in the b'day bash so I don't have the voucher too, but dont mind paying for the trial... during my gal's period, I always bring her to trial so this boy cannot be bias, must bring him to class too...

regarding the photo developing, can try snapfish, I think when u join got free photos then on and off they got promo...

Gymboree Trial Class (no date and time confirm yet)

1. Winnie

2. cheese

3. eeyore_03

4. jasmine goh

5. ah bee (want to use voucher)

6. duckling

7. Glamgem

8. sunflower

9. Sweetkyra (want to use voucher)

10. Rachel

11. Cheekrene (want to use voucher)

12. MVH (want to use voucher)

13. Fumiko

14. Sheric (want to use voucher)

15. Xuan

16. Susan aka pd0513

hello!

My son gt rashes ( ezcema ) from think 3 month old... we tried applying breastmilk and physiogel but it dont work.

finally from fren recom, we went to this pd at Bukit Batok.. Baby and Child Clinic... that lady pd very good... prescribe a cream for him and we applied for 2 times.. the rashes gone till now he oredy 9month old plus.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

the cream is betasome ( cant rem ) and elomet..

mild steroid for the skin. at first i also quite worried abt applying steroid but i only applied very thin layer and only 2 times they recovered.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ah bee,

my hb also don't like me to bring kids out to these places... dunno why my #1 very pantang, whenever she go to these places aft b'day party, she'll get sick aft that... hopefully she'll outgrown that...

Rachel: the Heinz beef jar contains very little beef (10%), the rest are veg. So maybe not enuff to trigger allergy compared to the amt your mil give.

Today brought bb for 9 mth growth assessment. Dr say can give wider variety of food already.

How's friso fm? Any babies get constipation or diarrhea from friso? I got a 900g tin from Friso, thinking if i should let him try.

juz call tanglin mall. they say they have 2 diff class for bb.

1) for bb which is 6-10month

2) for bb which is 10-16month

she say for the 1) is more for those bb who duno how to crawl..

for 2) is for those bb who is learning to walk..

Hi mummies! I am mummy of a 28 month old girl and an 8 month old boy. I would like to share with you an awesome website to buy vitamins and organic baby items. The website is (http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=EBI116). Worldwide shipping is only US$4 and the savings I have made from buying from this site is huge! Here are some of my favourite buys:

1) Prenatal DHA http://www.iherb.com/Nordic-Naturals-Prenatal-DHA-500-mg-90-Soft-Gels/22736?at=0 only costs US$24.61 for 45 days worth of pills. And the DHA per day is 450mg, higher than the ones that my gynae sold me for SG$55! I’m still taking them so that my boy can get DHA from my breastmilk.

2) Organic Fernugreek to help breastfeeding http://www.iherb.com/Fenugreek-Organic-2-fl-oz-60-ml/2925?at=0 only US$12 a bottle and it helped me to increase my supply by almost double! The taste is not strong and quite pleasant!

3) Sugar-free toddler vitamins http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Plus-Source-of-Life-Animal-Parade-Children-s-Chewable-Sugar-Free-Natural-Grape-Flavor-90-Animals/25894?at=0 US$14.03 My girl loves these!

4) Happy Baby brand organic baby food http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=happy+baby is so natural and wholesome! It’s much cheaper than Singapore! My girl loves the organic yoghurt snacks and my boy loves the organic baby food!

5) Avalon organics baby items http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=avalon+organics+baby They work so well for my boy with Eczema and smell great too!

If you are a first time buyer, please feel free to use my referral code EBI116 to get US$5 off your first purchase! Happy Shopping!

good afternoon girls! so long did not come here liao. still many discussions going on here ah...

Ah Bee, sorry to hear that DK got sick. take care. after i admitted ZH to hospital due to flu & fits, now i am really scared. though i never brought him any playdates, his brother still could bring back virus from school. just need to be extra cautious. like Bakaholic suggested, bringing them to parks/gardens should be good.

Gymboree Trial Class (no date and time confirm yet)

1. Winnie

2. cheese

3. eeyore_03

4. jasmine goh

5. ah bee (want to use voucher)

6. duckling

7. Glamgem

8. sunflower

9. Sweetkyra (want to use voucher)

10. Rachel

11. Cheekrene (want to use voucher)

12. MVH (want to use voucher)

13. Fumiko

14. Sheric (want to use voucher)

15. Xuan

16. Susan aka pd0513

17. bakaholic (by voucher)

Rachel, sorry to hear that your MIL brought your bb out without informing you. i think this is coz they think that they have part of the ownership to the baby too, and they have no intention to harm the baby.

My MIL likes to bring my boy to see Chinese Physician and treats him with chinese medicine (tiao2 li3). sleeping restlessly, moving around in the night also considered need to see doctor and take medicine. she did tell me before she goes usually, but trying to explain to me all the reasons, and emphasize it's for the benefit of my son. so if i "reject", it sounds like i don't care of my son as much as she does. no choice so sometimes i give in, sometimes i find excuses to "take" him away from her loh. else either my hubby will be in difficult position in between us, or my MIL is not happy.

winnie,

we shld take the 10-16month class since we wana use voucher..so by july, shld be this category i think. i went HB before leh, the class is definitely more than 8 pax..cant by just 3-4..its too small!

sunflower,

haha why my fav brand? but thanks for the info. he still has some fox clothes haven't wear before. but i will go and take a look whether there's any new designs.

winnie,

i think my boy can only go to the first group since he can't even crawl yet. if u girls wanna go the walking group then i will bring my boy alone.

they are 2 classes leh..

1) play & learn

2) music

im gg for the 1st trial & another one i will use voucher...

sunflower: 3-4 bb for trial the rest of the bb will be those who sign up and they are so call the regular there.. hahaha...

haitang

of cos we know that they have no intention to harm the baby. Just like the last time she left him on sofa and he flipped and fell on ground at 4mo, also not her intention mah. It is my baby's fault for knowing how to flip but not the person who put him there. That's the message I got from her that time.

I find that its very rude to take the baby out without informing the mother lor. Even if i want to bring my baby for a stroll and if she is at my place, i will still let her know. It is basic courtesy. She just want to keep the baby to herself la.. she very possessive and a control freak even though she refuses to admit it.

Sorry to interrupt... M selling Similac Follow-on Formula 400g (suitable from 6 months) for $10 (brand new, exp 13 June 2011). Collection from Nanyang Crescent (Jurong West) or Turf City at 9.30am or 5pm on Tues, Thurs, Fri. Please PM if interested. Thanks.

We are moving overseas so also having a garage sale of home appliances, furniture, children's toys and items. Click here for details: http://singapore.craigslist.com.sg/gms/2389797585.html

Jasmine

is there anything that can excite him and make him want to go forward to grab it? My boy chases after balls, books, phone and remote control. When he sees them, his eyes widen and he lets out a cheeky laugh, hands and legs kick in the air and then he will dash for it.

his fav will be iphone or remote control but the most he will move forward a bit. not to the extend of crawling. he never like tummy time since birth. so now whenever he's on tummy, the most can only last 15mins or less.

Fumiko, I will not use saliva also leh, feel disgusting. usually for rashes that other cream doesn't treat, i use my Avene Skin Recovery Cream. It is good for sensitive skin, and without paraben. It works well so far for me & my kids.

jasmine,

its ok, dont need to rush him..my boy just started leopard crawl 2 wks ago at 9mths..now on fours liao, but only 2 steps the most, then drop to tummy. 3 days ago he surprised me by crawling backwards in order to get down the bed..i have to station myself on the floor to grab him. im sure he will surprise u one day..be patient ya..

Rachel, I do agree that it's basic courtesy, but sadly not everyone knows and practices it loh. Just like my maid, told me she wants to call home when I go out. Later I found out she not only called home, she also called her cousin who is working in Singapore without informing me. They just do not understand the importance of such courtesy and respect to people.

Not surprised to hear the "excuses/reasons" your MIL gave you. It's a way of pushing responsibility. But what to do? she is your MIL, unless your hubby is by your side and can talk/complain to her.

jascmy, really? next time will ask my boy to do it when he got mosquito bites, since he always complains itchy and yet refused to let me put on any cream/medicine. :p

penguin,

sorry to hear that your mil is intruding your room, may I suggest that maybe your hb sleeps in her room instead, when my dad passed away, we also accompany my mum to sleep in her room, instead of other rooms...

Ah bee, no worries abt little gym.. Wait till DK gets better than bring her out ba..

Bb skin:

My gal skin is tan leh.. Fr birth till now.. Maybe use the phototherapy too long.. 5 days.. Comparing her n my nephew, my gal is so much darker..

Also selling the following:

1. Quinny Buzz Shopping Basket $40

2. Mendala PISA Pump $300

3. Baby Swimming Pool & Musical Neck Float ($50)

4. MIM Baby Sling $20

5. Hanamugari Japanese Baby Carrier $10

6. Avent DECT Baby Monitor SCD525 $100

7. Babylook Baby View Mirror $20

- Bought in Germany, not available in Singapore

- Large panorama mirror (19.5 x 10 cm)

- Can be used in almost every car. Just attach the mirror to the headrest of the set in which the car seat is in with the TÜV tested velcro attachment system

Collect at Nanyang Crescent (Jurong West) or Turf City (Tues, Thurs, Fri 930am or 5pm)

Pls PM if interested. Thanks!

haitang

my husband is more upset than me. He wanted to rush home to scold his mother. I was the one who stopped him from being rude. In the end, his mum only cares about her own feelings and get angry and upset with my hubby for not talking to her.

Jasmine

ya, no need to rush baby J but can try to encourage him more. Maybe he doesn't like to crawl. My helper's daughter didn't crawl at all. Instead, she sits and push herself forward. So dainty [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Then after that she starts to walk liao.

haitang: you are also in a difficult position leh.. I hate chinese medicine and think that kids should not touch them... Maybe when they are older abit can lah...

Rachel: Feeling very stressed and upset..

Eeyore: Yeah i did suggest to my hb but he's also worried about me slping with bb alone? Btw, how you all "wean" your mum to sleeping back alone again? i guess it's a tough case with my mil as she is really those scared-ly cat type.. Really, when i open the door last night i saw her then she was like really shivering.. But my colleagues say it's very weird like why she scare of her own hb..

Rachel, your MIL really so bad. She use his son as the pillar.

MVH, I started on eggs 2weeks ago and I give whole egg (white and yolk). Cos one of the news on TV ch 8 say that one country did a test and found out Bbs who start on whole egg at early age will be able to fight allergy to egg easier. And hubby and my Mum both ok with it so I start loh.

jascmy,

he can stand with support (my hands) but not pulling himself up with object (table, sofa etc). His progress is slowing down a lot? he can sit without support at 5mths but yet he can't crawl, pulling himself up. is that a concern?

and he's still toothless but i'm not too worry about this.

Rachel, my mum n mil sometimes will carry bb out to downstairs without telling me.. But I used to it Liao.. Coz I know they won't harm my gals..

Jasmine: don't worry, that time xavier also don't know how to crawl, sit and very slow.. Slowly will catch up one, my ifc teacher says some babies will skip crawling.. My hb belongs to those type want win-win situation one, he won't want to leave either one of us alone, which makes it difficult for me (That's why i'm very very stressed!), also, mil room has no place for him to slp on the floor, think he feels awkward to slp on the bed beside her bah.. My mil farts the whole night, it's very scary, i've been tolerating it for past 8nights.. it's enough, no privacy plus fainting smell...

Jasmine, should be ok. Different Bb grow at different speed and stage. Like my sis's 3 kids all have their 1st tooth when they are 12mths old. They are now all healthy and well. Some will learn one and others may learn other skills 1st.

Like Javion and Gen already knows how to say "mum mum" but mine no words yet. Only when he cry then will call "Ma".

Jasmine, ya, some once they learned something or have 1st tooth, the rest of the skills or tooths will come super fast within days or weeks.

Sigh, my boy have his 2 teeths at 4+mths old and now still that 2. Waiting for the rest to pop out.

Fumiko,

Yup, will be giving musikgarten a miss coz already have appt on both days.

Jasmine,

Not to worry lah. Believe Jerrenz will catch up quite soon. RX also can't pull herself up. 急不来的.

Little gym trial class,

By the way, is the class confirm?

Back