(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

so tired ... whole family kenna flu virus. yesterday i brought my #1 out, but started coughing until nearly fainted.

dreamz,

for blocked ducts you need to pump/latch on very often. you can use a warm compress or direct the hot water onto your breast when you shower and massage GENTLY, then pump immediately after the shower.

ducklingeshop,

do you use sling or pram when you bring baby out? i usually use pram coz i'm not that handy with the sarong, but pram is more inconvenient when taking bus?

QQ: Yes, indeed.. I have finished my 7 day sessions le.. will be changing to once a week.. cos I still have alot of inches to lose before I can fit into my work clothes.. =S and three months later, she will come again and help me to push and firm up the tu nan area.. =P

Ann, Naturelover, Starz

Thanks for the assurance, hope that I will enjoy today's massage... As I heard Jamu massage really has no effect on C-section birth so I am doubtful of the effect but now I can be certain it can be enjoyable if I relax myself...I am so afraid that it will be ticklish!

dream, i see.

u have to pump or latch every 3 hour, or v frequently. otherwise the blocked ducts might get worst. must clear de otherwise if too long then will have fever.

even at night also cannot be lazy ok?

Hi all, I'm having my 1st massage session tis fri. My massage lady say she will do another kind of massage for me cos I c-sect. She will not massage my tummy. Will only wrap tummy with th binder I bought from KKH.

She say she gurantee I will lost 22kg after the 7day sessions. Hope its true.

jascmy : really meh? pm me also leh. and her pricing. I still got 20kg to lose.

not too bad for me... my tummy flatter a bit after using... but think need to use consistently then can see more results...

starz: okie.. i am thinking whether to buy or not.. seemed like lots of slimming gadgets don work for me.. just had macdonalds.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

told my confinement nanny in the very beginning that i would like her service for 2mths...now thinking of scaling back ... what excuse would you guys give?

Starz and penguin88,

my mil reco me a massage lady, thought she is quite good. I pay upfront for 5 sessions from her and now i have completed 3 sessions. i think she is quite good. my tummy went down significantly. i am quite shock. according to my confinement nanny 55 seems like a cheap price for massage these days, maybe you can try it out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

if you are keen pm me for her info

mdmyip, ann, mommyxuan, naturelover,

thank you, during this time empathy is really very important. cried umpteen times and frankly speaking breastfeeding is really very lonely, it is so difficult to keep up.

Scent,

My gynae said it's good to continue with the binder cos it will help shrink the stomach but it's too warm for me so i use occasionally.

He gave me some alcohol to wipe the wound site 2x a day. Me still have the big tummy and some ppl think i am pregnant. Haiz..

scooby: your massage lady charge 55.. i feel so cheated leh.. my tummy become bigger after massage, she also charge 55, made me lose faith that massage will lose weight.. my waist before eating is 30.5 inch now!! still got so much to lose.. and i looked huge too..

Nature Lover

I had alot of screams during the massage, maybe because I never had a massage before... I feel pain, but towards the end I am slowly enjoying it, until the part she has to apply jamu and wrap my tummy really tight.... I secretly tell myself how to tahan for the next 4 days???? I feel weird when I latch on my baby after the massage...its like having a barrier in between us.

Bakaholic

Thanks, did your gynae said how long do we need to use the tummy binder until? Now I hv the jamu wrap but after 5 days I'll have to use back tummy binder... I have small packs of alcohol wipes, can I use these? Surrounding my wound there's still alot of stickiness left its difficult to wash away.

scooby,

my massage lady session only $50 leh, mdm ida also $50, somemore got bb massage...

i realised my massage lady gave a $50 ang bao for my son.

scooby2010, jiayou! will get use to it in time.. I'm using medela freestyle so am pumping now as I type hahaha so not so bad after all.

As for massage, my massage lady also a Mdm Ida is excellent.. really nothing but praises for her. After giving birth I look 4 months preggers but after her massage (and killer fat burning cream) my tummy now is flat - I got comments from strangers that I don't look like I gave birth more then 2 weeks ago! Even my MIL comment she is good as the stuff she uses really is the "get rid of wind" (sic) type.

Important thing about her massage is no matter how unbearable the tummy binder and the cream is, you have to tahan till she come and unbind you the next day, else the effect wont be as effective. I'm wearing the girdle now she gave me for a week plus after her massage and my tummy stays flat. Now everday I apply clarins toning oil to help firm up loose skin at tummy area.

Let me know if anyone wants to try her massage. But remember to ask for white binding cloth as her red and blue ones kena my breast milk and stain my clothes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Scent,

I forgot to ask him how long to use the binder and also how long to clean the wound too. Haha.. sleep deprivation.

He did spray a layer of invisible bandage on my wound which he said wil dissolve over time.

ahNah,

tell ur wife dun give up....juz get ur son to suckle esp when hungry, ur wife ss will up faster

jasmcy,

which massage u engaged? can tell u confirm lose 22kg? i still got 5more to lose

mdm yip,

medela freestyle is good? heard from friend that the handsfree kit is not that good. i am using medela swing now. considering getting freestyle instead... find that i can save some time using dual.

jasmcy ,

confirm 22kg ? u no ask her , if cant 22kg , then how ? free massage all the way ah ... if really can very good leh ... i still have few kgs too ...

tearybabe, I have not used other pumps so no basis for comparison.

but so far I'm happy with the fs, other then carrying my baby I can still carry on with most activities.. surf net lah, wash milk bottles lah.. walk ard ..etc

yeah having dual pump saves time loh.. since I started using I take ard 30 mins to pump max 200ml for both sides.. but individual could yield different results.

So far no regrets with my buy.

seemed like so many of you recommend your massage lady.. i need one to expel wind, have been drinking plain water from last week! feel so sad to see the wobbly stomach when bathing.. mdm yip and all others, how are the charges of the massage lady? i feel like doing more sessions again but hb not around and nobody to help me when bb cries.. how?

anybody used gripe water or rid wind for bb? which is better? i think my bb has colic..

penguin_88, mine charges 60 per visit. I had a total of 7 sessions with her.

Actually the majority of why jamu massages don't work is because most woman cannot tahan the binding and take off early.. but for the best slimming effect, have to keep the bindings on as long as you can, and your massage lady have to be skillful in binding you also. Need a lot of discipline for me not to unwrap myself for all 7 days.. and its unbearable because the fat-burning cream she use is really really really spicy, but damn effective can. hahaha

Otherwise her whole massage is very very shiok. Not sure if all other massage do this, but for my last 3 sessions, she will help to push my womb back in place. When I go back to woody for check up.. he told my womb shrink back to normal already..

mdm yip: my massage lady uses a type of cream which is not hot at all.. i did not remove the bindings till the next day she came.. but don seemed useful.. 60 is quite steep, but u can pm me her contacts?

penguin_88, I pay her per session. why not try her out for one session then see if she is good. pm you her contact liao

But I warn you, the cream she use is really power one. Really need discipline to tahan until the spiciness wear off.., which is a few hours. First few sessions most jialat one. Then it slowly get better.

I advise you to stay air-con room till the spiciness go away, and avoid eating hot food during that few hours else even more tek boleh tahan

my bb now 1 mth old , now day time refuse to sleep liao . keep wanting people to carry only ... i dont care , let her cry , but she cry till puke milk ! also headache , hai ... dont know want carry or not .. hai

QQ> will continue trying. Sometimes set alarm but cannot wake up. I also bought fenugreek from GNC see can boost supply a not.

dream,,

if u got blocked ducts, then dun take fenugreek first. it is not good.

engorgement will be worsen when u dun pump regularly. once the duct is cleared then u take the supplement.

also depends on the pump u use, some pumps are unable to clear engorgement de.

u can call LC or tmc parentcraft and ask. they will answer your questions de.

HI QQ

thanks for ur reply. it didn't strike me tat they will end up with extremely different names, i thought if i give them my #1 name, they will suggest the names with at least the middle word the same as my #1. but then bcos of the strokes calculated, end up so different, i feel weird for my 2 boys named so differently.

fyi, for those who breastfeed, if ur breasts are engorged, i suggest getting those hot stones fr the massage ladies, the heat last longer than using a hot towel, its v gd to relief/desolve those milk lumps on ur breasts and there after the flow is easier for baby to suck.

tearybabe,

I am using freestyle now. The set can be clipped on to a nursing bra, and you can have your hands free.

Dream, engorgement mean got alot of milk. try to let your bb latch on (best option)or massage and pump regularly like every 2-3 hrs.

QQ> thx for the advise, will keep in mind not to take when got blocked ducts. my blocked ducts cleared. Gg to start try to take fenugreek tonite & pump more often from now onwards. Must build supply before gg back work.

Pd> bought it for $29.50

Bakaholic> dun find I got much supply or maybe not diligent in my pumping.

eeyore, mdmyip,

Can i have her no. and can she don use the spicy cream ? My current massage lady Yani is a 50 year old lady. She uses oil and a 5 metre long red cloth to bind me. She comes at 1pm and I am not suppose to remove the cloth till the next morning. There is no burning sensation at all and the thing she apply on my stomache is just lime and calcium carbonate which produces some heat when mixed but really i don't know whether i am too flabby or what cos i dont feel the heat. I think very little of it but my tummy did get flatter!

i signed up for only 5 sessions cos i am skeptical but after 3 sessions my waist measure 34inches (from pregnancy 42inches) is this considered okay?

Penguin & xpink, I PM u liao.

Suika, I try then let u know the results.

I told my massage lady that I have abt 25kg to lost so as to go back to my pre-preggie weight but she say she can only guarentee 22kg. And she emphasize again, "I guarentee u".

Whitelady, I will ask her when I see her on fri. I'm too shocked and happy when she say she will guarentee me so nvr as more.

I very stress now. My Bb only 6days old and he can drink 90ml now. I can only pump 60ml leh. Only tis morning managed to pump 90ml for him. Stress!

Tearybabe : was using medela swing for the first 1 week + , den cannot tahan the pumping time , coz gt to pump 1 side a time. So ended up I sold the swing at WTs section den brought a us set Pisa. no handsfree kit but I use a cloth string to support the pump n works very well. Coz I still can surf or play game usin iPhone.

I am exclusively pumping from birth till now cos milk ducts are blocked last week. This 2nd week i kena UTI and have to be antibiotics..

I pump for 15 minutes every session and now i only have 10 ml and 20 ml each pumping session.

damn sian... how do you guys work on these numbers?

jascmy: received liao... thanks! can tell us the results? if really true, i also want try [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mdm yip: received [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i soon bian add you all in msn [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My philips isis duo breast pump is not handsfree! and to make matters worst, it leaks when i doesn't tilt forward!

are there any handsfree aids out there other than the super expensive pumping pals?

Jascmy,

Wow i am really envious of your 60ml leh ... mine both sides combine is only your one side!

scooby,

the massage lady i'm using is mdm samsiah 92950064.

She strictly schedule her post natal massage in the morning bcos her binding need to bind 6hrs, thereafter, u can remove and bathe.

The oil she use is quite nice smell and she provide massage bed instead of using our matteress.

the cream she use on our tummy is cooling, not hot... she'll apply this cream on feet too, then she'll wear socks for us.

After massage she gives supplements for energy and blood circulation.

Then she'll also give ang bao for bb after final massage.

She's actually a cerified massage therapist.

Back