(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

i dun think newborn can sleep on their tummy yet cos they can't lift their heads and wil suffocate. i let my boy sleep in his cot without aircon in the next room. We do turn on the ceiling fan for him. No aircon cos they get phelgm more easily.

bakaholic: my gal is abt a month old le.. as far as i have observed.. my gal will switch her head on her own.. n i guess my bb is loud so when she makes noise, we can hear her..

at first i was also worried but my mil, mum amd CL say it is okies for bb to sleep on their tummy.. first few times I literally sit n observe her.. I will still check on her n make sure her face not covered by the napkin or her own hand..

every baby is diff but im just keeping options open cos at this stage, most of us would be trying to understand our bb pattern so as to make caring for them on our own easier.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Susan,

Yah .. i told them to come between 12 to 4 pm.

But to certain sister of mine, (i know you are stalking me here). You can stay until late evening and drinking with me as well.

tearybaby, i see i see. so now i know there is a difference between tongue sticking out and curling up. there are just too much to learn.

ahNah, 100 guests?? u really eh sai4! v mega!

naturelover, i also let my #1 slept on her tummy last time when she was full month, cause she jerked v easily. i do it during day time only cause we can check on and off. night time i still dare not, otherwise i cannot sleep myself. haha! yes sleeping on tummy is good, they can sleep longer, and hor.. head also rounder. nicer.

QQ: night time, my bb oso sleep like that.. now got CL.. n cos im always up in the wee hrs trying to be a cow.. sheesh..

yah, thats why the elders say but we must always "flip" left n right each nap... like that then "balance n round" lolx

ahnah

i also had 100+ guests for my bb full month party.. buffet catering split 2 times to deliver.. my buffet start 12pm. end 6pm. this time i clever liao. ask all guest dont buy pressies. my #1 full month party got so many pressie.. alot of unnecessary tings.. if possible ur tell ur frens dont buy pressie.. hehe..

Alibaba, Like this har .. i have to consider lor.. if mine 12 pm one delivery, and then 2 pm another delivery. Scare the food either not enough, or overflow until no place to put.

By default, when we order from the eCreative, will they come with tables for the food as well ? or have to side order from them ?

スーザン

i use similac for nite feeds.will stop next week once her jaundice level drops further..similac is gd for 1-3mth -personal opinion as they have very convenient bottle to go milk...n tmc gave me like 2 dozens haha..so just stick to it lor..after that i guess i will change to enfalac la

bakaholic

hmm tmc is usually very generous with the bottled milk from similac...i admitted ashlynn for jaundice and they gave me 2 dozens liao...did u speak with the nurse and tell them u need it?

Hi Mummies,

I have the following items for sale OR exchange.

1. BNIB Little Giant Milk Bags. Made in Korea. Good Quality. 1 packet for $10, 2packets for $6 each

2. BNIB Carters Rompers for baby boy. 6-9mths. 5pcs in a pack. $22

3. Thomson Medical Black/ Blue Sling/ Shoulder Diaper Bag $6

4. Maxi-Cosi Cabrio Fix Car Seat – Under Warranty! $198

5. Sterilising Tablets about 30pills - $4

6. Arm’s Reach Co-Sleeper - $100

10% discount or free Diaper bag if you buy more than 2 items!! Can throw in Preloved baby boy clothes for free!! Free glass bottles!! Free sterilizing tablets!

Can Exchange for brand New MammyPoko/Fitti/Pampers L Size Diapers

Collection near Parkway Parade, Raffles Place or Bt Batok! Or via Postage

Please PM me if keen. Thanks!

nekowong

u take care of 2 at night by urself ah? tat's challenging leh.. me take care #1 at night & #2 my maid take care leh.. else how to slp.. if #2 wake up cry den #1 get up... den i still gotta pump.. SHACK out...

me if gg out now, mus wait til #1 nap den go out.. but for short while 2hr or max 3hr.. unless i bring one out with me... haiz..

go exercise ah? gym? got use meh? i oso need to slim the excess weight.. -_-

ahnah

my buffet 2nd round is top up food. i only cater 70 pax for my 100+ guests.. haha.. 40 pax at 12pm, 30pax at 3pm. what they do is top up the dishes.. at least the food still fresh to tong the later timing... i'm not sure about ecreative... but for mine, i special request to have two times delivery....

i oso got about half dozen of Similac FM from TMC when i discharge..

ahnah and alibaba, ur baby full month is sunday ah? why u all choose sunday instead of sat?

i still thinking to put my bb full month on sat or sunday.

alibaba, wat catering u use? cos i oso want 2 times delivery

all my #1 and #2 full month, birthday we are using YLScatering.

Cos i think its the cheapest liao.

$6/pax for min. 70pax

Thanks mummies for the tips, I will on the aircon to 27 deg and swaddle bb when he move back to our room after CL leave. Hope he can sleep better. Now he still wake up two hourly for milk, even at night. That will be so tiring when CL leave.

Nature lover, my bb oso like to rest head on shoulder and sleep on tummy. Sometimes after feed have to carry him in such position before fall in deep sleep.

Sleeping on tummy: Bb's head have to be turn to the side when sleeping in such position. Still have to keep watch on bb in case he turn his head. Sometimes we let him sleep in such position too but nowadays he will use his leg to kick and move himself forward.

ahnah : old ppl mention that boy have to do it on actual day. My 2nd son full month oso on weekday but i insists doing it on weekends despite my inlaw unhappy with it as he's the only grandson. lol

xpink, maybe because I'm more bossy. Even my mother got something to complain, she also go to my wife. Then my wife tells me.

She dare not to tell me direct. Scare my hot temper boil again.

morning everyone...

kena 'tortured' by my boy last night again.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] refuse to sleep after his last feed, then woke up every 2 hours after latching him.. tired ahhhh...

i got enfalac from tmc when i discharged too but this morning finished the last bottle liao.. think i need to go get a tin to standby le..

ahnah,

i ordering the Sin Chow Bee Hoon from ecreative for my afternoon session one, will let u know how is it on sat..

my boy's actual full month also on weekdays, so im doing his full month on weekends.. my mum said can either do it earlier or on actual day if the actual day falls on weekends, never said must do on actual day leh..

ahnah,

I thought if u have many guest u should split into 2 sessions as in 1 for lunch, another for tea-break or dinner...

if u split 1 at 12 another at 2pm, the timing too close, the food might not have finish... then u need more space or need more containers to contain.

usu first bb will invite more guest, now this #2 I only invite relatives, never invite any friends.

Anyone's bb start to lift up their head?? My boy start to lift up his head last week when i carry him on my chest, which is 3 weeks old only, is it too early??

I dunno why they so stingy with me leh. Anyway, 120ml per bottle also cannot finish in 1 time and have to discard. So, we keeping it for future use when we go out. The fm of the mth in Aug is enfalac so perhaps other brands they will give less?

Anyone knows if they sell these ready formula? It's very convenient.

ahnah,

but your guest free to come on weekday meh??

my boy full month is 2 days later but ancestor praying will be exact day...

tearybabe: my bb can turn her head on her own even on tummy.. she especially prefer to put her head to her right even when we put her head to the left.. mine the butt dunno how high oso can sleep.. lol..

full mth celebration; mine falls exactly on sunday so having it on sunday from neocatering..

eeyore ,

my girl also leh , her head also will want to lift up .. my #1 not like that leh .. think 2010 bb different ... haha ... thats y when other want to carry her , i will tell pple becareful her head hor , haha

nature lover/white lady

my gal too!when we suntan her ..she will do her tummy time n lift her head by herself..i was quite shocked..cos i tot usually abt 2-3 mths old then they can lift their head...that hppened to my # 1..he can only do tummy time like 3 mths onwards...

mayb 2010 babies are really differnt haha

haha... i have been busy sleeping for past 2 days as my girl really torture my sleep when my husband was away for reservist but luckily he came back last night to help me.

lifting head:

my girl can lift her head when she was in 2nd week. she even can turn around when lifting her head. we were surprised but we tried to support her in case her head went backward.

so conclusion 2010 babies can lift up their head as soon as 2 weeks old...

yah i thought they'll only be doing so from 2nd month onwards...

looks like babies progress need to be review yearly liao...

xpink

my catering is with Swiss culture.. $12 per pax. to split two time delivery i tink any caterer can do it. just need to pay extra delivery charges..

i prefer sunday cos my hb no need take leave(he work 6days week) & also ev one no work.. so chose to celebrate earlier on sunday..

ahnah

i do 40 pax 1st 12 -3pm. 30 pax - 3-6pm. the caterer just need to top up the dishes.. no extra tables or buffet setting.. why lesser for late afternoon pple usually eat lesser.. my food nv left alot except for the rice.. end up ask relatives to tahpao back lor.. haa

eeyore

i invite many pple for both #1 & #2 full month. fairer.. but 1yo party shld be just a small affair... i heard kids shldnt celebrate too much birthday..

ahnah,

1230pm one nope cuz i add in my order for the full month cake, total amt more than $500, no delivery charges but for 5pm one, will have delivery charges cuz less than $500

so it is like makeing 2 order. So for me, i try to save cost for ordering everything in 1 time, unless really so huge, then I will spilt into 2 order.

ahnah,

yalor, but bcuz we dont want to mix family/relatives and friends together, so no choice but to make 2 deliveries lor.. i also ordered their full month cake pack for relatives, so i save the delivery charges for the afternoon session one lor..

alibaba,

mine is different, i did bigger parties for birthday...

but for #1 so far I did big parties for her on alternate year so far is 1st, 3rd and next year gg to do her 5yo birthday, will be celebrating with didi's 1st birthday...

Her 1st birthday I did a big 2 layer strawberry shortcake cake for her, last year I engaged a princess to do a bubble birthday party for her, next year haven't think yet...

I gave birth 17hrs after my last post. It was a terrible process. The contractions came first at ard 2am then followed by the bursting of the waterbag 2 hrs later. I rush to hospital only to deliver the next evening. My contractions were very regular and very painful and because i have scoliosis horrors of horrors THE EPIDURAL DID NOT WORK ON ME! THE EPIDURAL WAS RESITED AND STILL IT DOD NOT WORK ON ME. THE WHOLE PROCESS WAS NIGHTMARISH. I COULD NOT TAKE THE LAUGHING GAS BECAUSE I VOMITTED IMMEDIATELY AFTER. I DON'T WANT PETHIDINE BECAUSE IT IS NOT SO GOOD FOR THE BABY.So it was a real labour, when it was time to push, the pain was nothing compared to the contractions. Doc ask me to put on the laughing gas while she sew up my perineal, i say it is okay, cant feel a thing.

next i was wheeled back to the ward, slept like a pig and soon after i have swollen breast. it is damn painful and uncomfortable. tried to pump it out, there was nothing but the pumping gave me nipple trauma. it was a vicious cycle with nipple trauma i cant get the milk or whatever out and when i try to latch my newborn son on he doesn't want cos there is nothing coming out! to make matters worst, the nipples that the hospital use is so easy to suck. So he got nipple confusion and nipple aversion. Felt so dejected and think i have the blues.No choice i pump everyday, put the cabbage and nipple cream and pump again. feels like a cow with low supply.

Now i am into the 2nd week, is currently having a fever at 39 deg due to UTI, went to A&E yesterday morning but it seems like the medicine is not working well yet, see how, if i am not well, i will see doc again tomorrow.

with all these...i think that is it. one is enough.

Do your babies cry more terribly after the confinement nanny leaves? i am worried something like that will happen cos he is always being carried by her now, and her baby talk comes with intonation that the baby is familiar with. when we try to carry the baby and when the bb cries she will quickly rush over to take the baby.

she is also suggesting to us to use a pacifier, what do you guys think. by the way, how do you find your confinement food? i have the same vegatables cooked in the same style everyday...is that the standard around?

pd0513: my boy also like this last night, don wan zzz after 1st night feed, managed to zzz and 2nd night feed woke at 5plus till 8am.. i threw tantrum at hb.. he is so so tired now..

alibaba: can go exercise already? i thought must wait 2weeks..

i ordering from liang food catering for my bb shower..

re: tummy time

my boy cries the house down when i flipped him on his tummy.. not sure why...

anybody tried this product before?

http://www.osim.com/SG/product/slim_belt_magnetic.aspx?category_id=A590155E-CC4E-49DB-B365-62715B5C7673 is it a massager like vibrates non stop on the tummy.. desperate to get back flat tummy soon..

naturelover: me too when i return home i cannot fit into any home worn shorts, then have to wear tights at home..

Back