(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

can i do the massage only after the confinement is over? will it be effective? there is so many rulings now like no wind, no water no this and no that.

Hi Cheese,

Your profile indicate you don't accept pm. Anyway I will just post her contact here, it has been posted elsewhere in this forum too.

Mdm Ida, 9436 1463

Scooby, erm without the cream I dun think will lose the flab loh... if your massage lady is working well for you, why change leh.. besides you only just got started [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I think if you wanna increase your milk flow you need to up your sessions.

btw, any one's baby have inconsistent drinking? my boy can take like 90 - 120ml at most sessions then got a couple of sessions, only 40, 50 or 60ml!

Haiz and he is 2.5 weeks old already still got breastmilk jaundice, I follow someone's advice and give him alternating feeds of ebm and fm, may I know how long it takes to see results?

by the way, how many sessions did you sign up for to be 'eligible' for the $50 angbao?

scooby: your massage lady sounds very alike like mine!

eeyore: your massage lady sounds like santa claus? but is she really good?

i have booked mdm yip's massage lady for this coming sunday but hb says we need to save up.. feeling guilty for this kind of indulgence.. should i cancel?

mdm yip: mine drinks 80 ml fm every 2.5 - 3 hours.. sometimes 100, sometime after an hour drinks 40 more..

eeyore : how much is your massage lady charges?

last week i tried a 5days massage, its $35 per session. But there's no massage on breast. More of normal massage and some simple binding. Which i feel that it doesn't seems worth it or suit post natal massage.

maybe i should stop thinking that the massage will make me go slimmer, and start to exercise after 2 months.. really desperate to lose that weight.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

scooby,

my breastmilk also quite little... sometimes only 40ml per side.. but i dun pump consistently every 3 hours lar... want to but my girl keep wanting to be carried... so time just drag.. i'm also taking fenugreek... hope it will help...

my massage lady didnt apply anything on my tummy when doing the binding leh. she used ginger + lemongrass oil for massage and just bind.

mdm yip,

my girl also having bm jaundice. heard this can last for a while. i'm also alternating between bm and fm, and sunning her every morning. she seems to be getting slightly better. btw, my girl is almost 3wks old liao...

eeyore_03,

your massage lady sounds good wor. mine is really the simple kind. just use oil to massage and bind.

any mummies and daddies can advise if i should put the full month celebration on sat afternoon 3pm onwards or 6pm onwards?

cos i thinking if i put 3pm onwards, if ppl come late den no food eat how?

den if i put 6pm onwards, some ppl drag until 10pm den come, den by the time so late liao and i still need to bring bb home.

as the full month celebration is at inlaw's place.

i can't make up my mind and my husband once reach home, slp like a pig liao and we seldom talk.

infact, we hardly had the chance to talk and discuss this matter.

sian!

so i thinking to settle everything on my own, he just need to be present will do.

Hi eeyore, can you help me update the details.

i have delivered on the 8th of Aug by assisted natural with epi.

This is my 1st baby boy named You Hong. Weighed 3.02kg at birth and length 50cm. thanks

still trying to catch up with the archives haha

Just to share

This mummy selling gnc fenugreek 200 capsules at only $20-$22 ... local gnc selling 100 capsules i think at $29.90. and best thing is she stay opposite me , deal with her for children vitamins few times le.

am also very tempted to buy the fenugreek to try but am also afraid tat after boosting the supply , stop the fenugreek , supply will drop. so think mantain 1st lah.

madam yip,

my girl also has inconsistent drinking. she can drink 80ml at 1 go. sometimes she drink 40ml and then 2 hours later, then drink remaining. i also gave BM in day and FM at night due to her jaundice as advised by my PD. Hopefully her jaundice will drop when I see her PD this sat.

Mamyvelle,

sound so cheap. can consider leh. currently i am already fed up with pumping as my supply seem to go up and down.

I each time only able to pump 2oz for 10mins each time on both side. I will let my breast rest for a few mins, den start to pump again for about 10mins on both side again. Den i'll be able to get 3oz.

I eat fenugreek but it doesnt seems to help.

Pumping:

I am fed up with pumping as I am using mini electric plus. I had to massage while doing pumping to force my BM out. So tiring. Due to budget, don't dare to buy another pump. Feel like giving up.

cheekrene : mini electric plus the suction not very strong . if u really very determine can invest lor. cause milk power already cost like $50 per can le ma.

agree with mamyvelle, i feel that mini electric single pump suction is stronger than the mini electric dual pump. otherwise, can buy US set medela freestyle. I'm thinking to see if my BM start to increase after a month, i may want to save up $$ to invest on freestyle.

Mamyvelle,

true. i already used for 3 weeks. the suction become lousy now. still hesitating to buy a better one but when i check with LC, they said no different. scare to invest.

Actually I still believe in red dates tea for bm supply..

I used to take fenugeek but stop taking when I read that hair loss is one of the side effects, and with post pregnancy.. hair loss gonna be more! So I avoid loh.

For breast pump, I heard the medela mini electric suction power don't last so better avoid.. actually I do recommend the freestyle. Leave you hands free to do other things at the same time. Just that set up abit troublesome lah haha.

Anyone wanna buy I recommend get from Tan Leng Leng, she import direct from US, I got my set from her about $400+ including shipping. Only thing is no warranty loh.. but so far I didn't really hear anyone complain. (mini electric is about $300+ so about only $100 diff?)

Cheekrene - looks like I'm not alone in this inconsistent milk consumption thing.. its getting hard to predict when he wants to feed and enough time for me to prepare the milk before he start crying the ceiling down... and his cries are getting louder loh! *faint*

my bm supply also go up and down initially but now is consistent in a range. I find it could be linked to fluid consumption? try to drink more water or red dates tea?

Cheekrene,

u can send the pump to medela service ctr for servicing. My hubby just send mine n they actually told my hb my pump beyond repair so they replace me a new 1. The suction is super strong until me a bit scare of pumping cos pain pain pain pain pain!

n_g: Medela replaced your set with new one for free?? That's v good.

mdm yip: Fenugreek causes hair loss? Gosh. I've been taking it for about 2 weeks. I haven't been observing my hair these days though...

cheekrene: The type of pump makes a difference! I've changed quite a few pumps .... from Medela Single Electric, Ameda dual pump, Avent manual pump, Medela PIS, Medela Freestyle ... so I know that investing in a good pump makes a difference in milk yield and comfort. U can go to the service centre to repair your pump and then sell it off in forum. Take the $ and invest in a better pump if you want to continue to pump exclusively especially when u return to work.

Mamyvelle,

i agreed. LC wanna me latch. I only latch her for a few days and i gave up as i have 1 inverted nipple which is difficult to latch.

Madam yip,

i remember tan leng leng. Does she has the spree thread?

My girl also dun have accurate timing for milk time. At night i only wait for her to cry then feed her. At day, we tried to feed her every 2 hours, no matter how much intake she can take, otherwise she drink half, 1 hour later then feed. So tiring.

N_g,

you mean your pump suction is not strong and you send for servicing? Maybe i will think of sending it.

Mdm yip, bakaholic, mamyvelle Thks. I will get freestyle then since it has handsfree and is more portable than pis. First few years selling $759. May get from them. Then I will try to sell swing on WTS too.

ahNah, normal foam mattress also can if u are on a budget. Latex is expensive leh. I bought that Mamalove Foam anti-dust mite mattress from Kiddy Palace... I think about $60. Its firm and good.... well at least it didn't sink in when I put my boy on it.

Ann,

i am really contradicting. I really need to think about it carefully. I am not sure if i got time to pump when going back to work. Need to discuss with my husband when he is back from reservist

n_g, u send to service becos its still under warranty is it?

mine mini elec plus warranty over long ago cos its passed down.

so i think if send to service have to pay.

tearybabe: Get the Freestyle from Tan Leng Leng's spree... I got it only for $460. If you need it urgently, can just pay a bit more to get it fast.... it will still be much much cheaper than $759.

cheekrene: Oh yeah, I rem your job quite siong... If you can, just pump once during lunch hour... I really think providing BM to baby helps alot in them not falling sick easily so if you can continue to give BM, that's best. Don't give up so soon okie? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

today whole day , my baby seem to be in pain and keep crying ... and i notice that the bcg jab is abit swollen liao . is it becos of that n she is in pain ? anyone bb also same ?

Scooby, my massage lady oso used lime plus calcium carbonate. I understand that lime can reduce water retention. I did ten session but my waist now is 32 inch from pregnancy of 42inch.

Mdm yip the killer cream sound power. Make me tempted to get ur massage lady.

White lady yr gal juz got her bcg jab? I'm not very sure as mine got his right afterbirth at Tmc.... Is it supposed to act up weeks later?

Tearybabe, really power. I feel like killing pple when the cream is taking effect. But the next day I see my tummy shrink to half it's size I tahan loh. Now almost board flat... a great comfort thru this confinement period.

Cheekrene she still have the spree. If u planning to have another kid next time it may be worth investing. Btw need ard 3 or 4 weeks b4 the pump reach sg hor

Ann,

luckily you remind me. BM is good as to prevent baby from falling sick. I must jiayou. Need to send my motor unit since i left 2 months warranty.

Madam yip,

i could not find her thread. I also consider for 2nd child in 2 years time. Wanna see how much it cost then i should consider.

Poo:

how many times does baby poo? My girl poo a lot till her butts turn very red. Got 1 line near her anus. I see until heart pain.

cheekrene there u go.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/3147559.html

ann

were u the one who ask me bout the slimming suit? just tried ... had a hard time wearing. haha. but finally manage to squeeze in!!!

Any mummies given pacifier to bb ar? am very tempted , especially when i pumping and bb try i can stuff the pacifier to pacify him while i pump, if not very stress leh , pump halfway gt to stop pumping den milk keep leaking. my #1 i gave pacifer till 14mths. did'nt intend to wean her off , her old ones got old den i brought 2 new ones for her. she bit off both the own teats of the pacifier, angry den dunwan give her. but luckily she did'nt make noise also.

scooby,

I signed up for 10 sessions...

according to her tradition, she'll give angbao to every bb, not how many sessions the mummies sign up.

penguin,

i got very significant results, even got hour glass figure back, i left abt 3kg though...

xpink,

my massage lady chrges $50 per session.

i let her do massage on my breast bcos the first day she came, which is on 5th day after i delivered, i got terrible engorgement, only 1 massage helps me to relieve the engorgement liao...

mamyvelle, oh u can fit into the slimming suit?? I can't...... When I opened it, it looks so small, I tried to stretch it but I can't even get it past my thighs! I gave up cos I don't think i wanna suffocate myself by wearing it......

Penguin ,

Colic need to c pd or will ok by themselves ? Today afternoon I let her cry very long , maybe due to thisthen air go in tummy ? Till now she still refuse to sleep , hubby got to carry her .

Mdm yip ,

My bb also had her jab at tmc at birth . Cos I see swollen Liao , so I wonder is it few weeks later then like that . N plus she cranky so I suspect lor

Cheekrene,

yup, super weak suction force. I guess should b motor problem or adaptor problem cos when touch adaptor suction very weak. So hb bring to service ctr for servicing. In the end they replace with new motor after testing.

Xpink_xuanx_1987,

yup, still under warranty.

ladies, for more bm supply, i swear by Black beans! Added into the red date longan drink and also drink black bean soup and also eat more fish. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wow , very stress , my baby before each feeding , refuse the bottle and cry n cry ... need to keep trying like 5 minute then she will suck , what happen huh ? anyone bb also like that ? wonder issit sorethorath or mouth pain ?

wow , very stress , my baby before each feeding , refuse the bottle and cry n cry ... need to keep trying like 5 minute then she will suck , what happen huh ? anyone bb also like that ? wonder issit sorethroth or mouth pain ?

and for jab , mummies , u all letting ur bb take 5in1 or 6in1 ?

my pd told me 5in1 , chance of getting fever lower , 6in1 higher ...

Cheekrene,

It's good if you can breastfeed for at least 6mths. I am not sure if I can do it but I will try. That;s why i invested in freestyle cos it's so much faster and efficient compared to my single mini electric.

Tearybabe,

Someone mentioned the firstfewyears in kkh maybe cheaper. So perhaps you can give them a call to check?

My bb umbilical cord is still attached after 2 wks. Anyone's had fallen off?

I went to see PD last night cos bb has cough, sneezing and phelgm for days and I asked him about the cord and he said it's ok. But i am still concerned..

Today, my boy has been pooping green watery stools. He is on BM and i looked up internet, and it seems there are mixed reviews about being normal or too much dairy in my diet.

Back