(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

a bit lost track here as few days never log in... lazy to read back the acheive too :p

scooby2010, can feel the pain of ur labour le...:p

Has anybody already bring baby out alone?

So far I only dare to bring bb to nearby distand (NTUC & CWP) with quick shopping (less than 2 hr type)... keke... now everything need to accomadate to bb timing...no easy oh...

North mummies wanna to have a gathering with our babies??

As everybody need to suit to bb timing, not easy to find a place & arrange the meet up i think...any suggestion? may be meet up at somebody's house? hehe....

ahnah : i tot the same too. come for buffet still give the full month things, like no point at all. some more its my 3rd baby, i din do this for my 1st and 2nd. so maybe buy those full month cake for those who din came only.

Citizen NSmen to get $9k award

By Gwendolyn Ng

SINGAPORE citizens who have served their national service will each receive $9,000 through a new award to be given by the Ministry of Defence (Mindef).

The National Service Recognition Award (NSRA) will help to fund the cost of operationally ready national servicemen's (NSmen's) education and also help them buy a home. Commanders will receive a larger sum.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who announced the implementation of the award at the National Day Rally yesterday, said: "It is a significant tangible recognition of the sacrifices, efforts and contributions of our national servicemen. It's for Singapore citizens only."

This will be a token of appreciation for the time and effort citizens give to serve national service, he added.

Mr Lee said: "National service makes a heavy demand on male residents and, I should say, on their spouses and families, too."

He elaborated that male Singapore residents not only have to serve two years of full-time national service and many more years as an NSman, but also try to build their careers and raise their families.

The sum will be paid in tranches at significant milestones of an NSman's service.

It will be deposited into their Post-Secondary Education Accounts and Central Provident Fund accounts.

Mindef will announce details of the award soon.

The award is one of the measures Mr Lee highlighted in a bid to assure Singaporeans that citizens come first.

He added that permanent residents who have completed their national service will receive the award when they take up citizenship.

He was addressing the issue of competition from foreign talent, where he pointed out that it was "not practical to make foreign workers and adult immigrants do national service".

However, Mr Lee pointed out that many PRs and first-generation citizens also do their part by serving national service.

Other ways in which the Government recognises the contributions and sacrifices of NSmen is through providing them with Safra clubhouses, allowances, tax reliefs and top-ups in government bonuses.

The award is good news to 20-year-old NSman Benjamin Huang, who said: "It's good to know that the Government is appreciative of our efforts.

"This will definitely help me pay my school fees when I go to university next year."

haha that one is bo bian! last time when ppl give birth 3 or more kids kena fined leh. generation changed liao lol

they nv state, only say SINGAPORE citizens who have served their national service, those who have served meaning served 10 yrs ago also can get right? ;)

scooby, I feel your pain too.. although my epi works for me, the rest of your ordeal sounds abit like mine.. wah lao I tell you my nipples like kena punishment everytime latch or pump.. now I stop latching and just pumping, better for me.

I kena engorgement and block ducts a mere 3 days after discharge from hospital. So miserable and beg my hb in the middle of the night go NTUC (ours is 24 hrs one) to buy cabbage to relieve my pain..

in the first week of my confinement I cry three times in a row.. first when my boobs damn pain, then when my son had to admit for jaundice.. then another time when my son keep crying and I got down to business feeding him, changing him.. funny enough he sleep liaoz then I cry my eyes out - I told my HB I was so scared I will kill my baby with my ignorance. got other times also wanna cry but held back my tears.

For your boobs pain, I suggest you massage regularly to prevent the block ducts, then start pumping every 3 hrs, will help greatly with your engorgement. doesn't matter if little milk come out. eventually your supply will go up if you pump regularly.. drink more red dates tea and water - in whatever form thats available to you during confinement.

Hang in there, things will get better.. I hope [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Scooby doo: hang in there.. you can manage de, we are all learning to manage also.. so jia you!!

as for your CL, you can tell her to CHANGE the food served.. some CL you dun talk, they just bo chap and cook you the same thing everyday! so just tell her..

sad to say, my gal is using the pacifier now cos she needs to suckle a while before sleep yet impatient to use the "real" one.. so so bo bian, but the babie will spit out the pacifier or u can take it out once they r asleep so that it wun be difficult to wean them off later.. cos now the newborns need alot of comfort and security..

scooby2010, i feel your pain totally. becos my epi only kick in after i deliver my bb 1hr later due to labour too fast and the nurse haven't ON my epidural. I feel the pain TOTALLY from cutting, tearing, stitching , everything. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

My bb can lift up her head but after a few sec will 'fall' to one side..need to standby support every time.. Normal.. Not consider steady yet.. Till 2-3 months then stable n can hold longer..

Hi

Sorry no time to catch up posting here, but a quick question.

To those who went thru C-section, may I know when can we stop using the tummy binder? My gynae told me I can remove the white plaster tape today by myself so I did, and I did not use back the tummy binder... scared that it will affect the wound...

Penguin,

I also wanted to buy that Osim Magnetic belt..... I saw it at Kiddy Palace but they don't have the regular size so end up I didn't buy. My hb's cousin said its effective for her...

Scooby, congrats! The good thing is the labour process is over now.

re: baby lifting up head

Mine also can!! Lifts from left to right to change his head position during tummy time... I also thot he progress so fast... cos my #1 gal also did that only when 2-3 months old... Then I thot maybe boy is more aggressive and stronger than gals...

ahNah,

I think mamalove also have latex mattress...

ducklingeshop,

I brought my baby out a few times liao... to PD, to LC, to nearby shopping mall..... All I can say is its inconvenient!! Cos at this stage, my baby keep wanting to drink milk every 2 hourly..... I gotta keep hiding in nursing room to latch him on.... and he keep poo-poo and I end up having to change his diapers quite often... I find it quite mah fan .... But I guess I gotta tahan this cos I really don't wanna stay at home all the time...

Ann: is it those hot hot type like slimming cream or those that vibrate to shake off fats.. I would rather hide in shopping malls than stay at my in law place.. When when when can we start to exercise after birth..

just settled my boy he is so cranky today.. So heartpain[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] although most of e times i will scold him and say regret to have him.. Now i look at him closely, he's so cute.. Really pricked my conscience to think that way[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

penguin, nope... its just a normal binder with magnets behind. No vibration.... apparently the magnets supposed to improve blood circulation n slim down...

Scaent: just continue to apply the anti-imflam cream.. but please remember that u have a wound so do not exert yrself and please get up from the bed slowly..

everytime i use the binder, i will apply the cream then put a pad on the wound before wraping up with the binder..

Nature lover

I dun hv any anti-inflam cream, I didn't know need to get this...if I dun bind the tummy binder is it ok? Cos I'm to start my jamu massage tomolo for 5 sessions.

Btw, my mother and my mil wanted to shave my girl's hair, why can't I just leave her baby hair to grow??

scenty : I did'nt shave my elder girl hair , but coz elderly believe tat after shaving the hair will grow out nicer and thicker. but few of my 2008 mummies shave their ger hair den ended up growing back patches by patches and not nice lor. but some did grow back nice nice lah

Scent: the doc is suppose to give u the cream.. hmm.. maybe differs from doc to doc..

shaving hair has meaning wan. but cannot remembr, one is wat mamyvelle mentioned, the other i cannot remember

mamyvelle: I rec'd the NUK teats... Thanks. I realized u were giving yr boy the teats with the fastest flow? Cos the teat hole very big ah..

hi mummies

i'm new to this thread.. my 2nd boy was delivered almost 3 wks ago, but i have yet to register baby name..

I have a qn for those who are not 1st time mummies, do any of you ve chosen entirely different (not even similar) names for your kids? My 1st boy name was chosen by me and now for the 2nd, we got geomancer to choose, end up the 2 boys ve entirely different names. Is this common?

Wondering any bb also like that , my girl starting from yesterday when hungry and we bottle feed her, she will cry n refuse to suck and after awhile of crying then she suck. I m worry like her mouth is pain or wat . Or they r just plan cranky?? So worry

Ann ... Really ar? 2nd time mummy le still so "clever" no wonder he keep choking but when. Brought the teats indicate 0-6 mths leh, erm ... No wonder he prefer the disposable ones from hospital. But nw ok le, so far so gd with pigeon although nuk seems to fits better with medela

Ann , ur kids using narrow neck bottles too rite? Wad kind of bottle brush suitable? My sponge tip brush always spolit de, can only last like 1-2weeks

mamyvelle

I don't intend to shave my girl's hair too, cos its so soft and nice... I dunno abt belief and tradition, I just can't bear to give her a bald look at any one time... and the sayings that shaving will give baby thicker and more even hair... I just don't buy it.

nature lover,

I think so, mistaken abt the date, cos forgot that AUgust got 31 days...suppose to have my 1st Jamu massage on 1st Sept, dunno how it will turn out to be...a little nervous. I never have massages session before.

mamyvelle, yeah, looks like large sized teats based on the indicator shown on the teat.... I won't let my boy use yet cos I purposely want him to use small small hole teats.... make him work hard to get his milk! :p....... As for the brush, I use the Avent brush... its quite a squeeze to put the brush into the narrow bottles but it does the job.

scenty, the massages will be shiok! Don't worry.... Its meant to let u relax.

So the brush can last ar? Feel so bad leh, tat time he drink 1 feed dunno choke he many times, haha . Thought tat was the smallest teats like the hospital ones.

Scent: Yr massage should be okies de.. dun worry.. mine's the very traditional type.. first tym, my massage lady help to "straighten" my veins n blood circulation.. the next 6 rounds was to rub off my fats n firm up the flabs.. im happy to say my tummy is alot smaller than when i first discharge.. just remember a gd maddage not only helps u to relax, it should help u to detox too.. =)

cyn here,

my two kids' names v v different cause of the selection of strokes. it is really up to you one.

anyway, all my siblings also v differnet names, except me and my sis.

naturelover, your massage sessions sound good!

dream, massage, press on the block duct when bb latching (best), or jus massage and press press (use thumb, need strong pressing) until it is clear.need to do it many many times for some stubborn blocked ducts.

yes, scent. the massage is the time for you to relax. after my massage, i felt so refreshed! enjoy ya. =)

ann & penguin,

my frens got me the non-magnetic osim binder. been using for a couple of days, a few hours each time. my tummy size really got reduce a bit. seems quite effective. now waiting to see whether my tummy will be flat just in time for my girl's manyue. hehe~

*sigh* my ameda pump gave up on me yesterday night. pump until half way, the motor stop! and i only used it for less than 3 wks! now have to do manual pumping... so tiring!

ann, still the old mattress from Palmax lah. Haven't bought yet. Still discussing with wife and sisters to have latex or normal spring mattress for baby cot or not.

QQ> thx. Tried that during one pump but it didn't clear. Took the 3rd pumping session to clear. Yesterday from 10am - 10pm I nv pump cos out all the way then got block ducts already. Issit suppose to be like that?

Back