(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

oh yes, i went to kiddy palace to check out the prices on what i see at taka baby fair. it's almost the same price from what i see, eg, baby wipes, disposable breast pads, avent soothers, etc. think we can only buy those stuffs that are expensive like cot, playpen, stroller, etc.

finally collected my old navy & baby mall online stuff from post office. quite please with the quality for both. took the smallest size XS for the old navy clothes, was still abit big for me around the underarms area, but just wearing a tube or spagehtti strap top inside then ok le. think will get some more clothes from there.

dreamz,

can count me in for old navy... didn't buy the other time.

thought the taiwan maternity pants will be nice who knows it diappoint me...

prisss,

for the taiwan site, did u buy the leggings or pants? their leggings are quite good..maybe u can try. i bought their maternity dresses, but its super size..too big..

his head was stuck in the gate of the car porch, it was a sliding door that is controlled by remote control. he is usually quite careful to keep his head out of the way but last night it was just one moment of not paying attention when the gate was closing, i think he got distracted by something else. he is ok this morning, a bit crankier than usual but otherwise fine. but i had to explain to him that he won't be able to celebrate his birthday in school this week until the stitches come out and doc says it's ok for him to go back to school. maybe we will have one next wk, otherwise he will be very disappointed. thanks for all the concerns [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dreamz,

bkt panjang is a bit far for me. i will arrange with you to collect my ON stuffs on the weekend ok?

sunflower: i also can feel some small movement was thinking izzit maybe moving?

one day like many times specially at night time..

i neber buy much wet tissue lah. only 2 packet nia.. u gg DS at ADC clinic tis coming friday?

wl,

I thought freestyle is better leh but more ex lar... I heard from my cousin that swing is not quiet but i dunno how noisy...

winnie,

my bb movement also more at night...

sunflower,

i bought pants not leggings cos my thigh and calfs are fat, wear leggings not nice.

prissss, I bought the dresses from taiwan website. Just right size for me but a bit short if I choose those less then 91cm long. Maybe bcos i' big size and tall. So I choose those 92cm and above. I'm wearing the dress today. hehee... very comfortable and ppl on the train will give up seat for me too. Hahaa...

hi mummies!

Saffy,

Good thing is your boy is okay.

SunFlower,

I also seems to be feeling some movements but i not sure whether it is bb moving. I'm into my 17th week now...

seems like some mummies have bought quite a few items... i havent bought anything yet... planning to get in May/June. now just shortlist items...

anyone going down to the Expo bb fair this weekend?

Prisss,

I also heard that freestyle is better. But hor, me first time in everything and I got so scared looking at the chunky machine... Got scared imagining how the thing is going to "suck" me... yickkksss! That's why I think prefer swing not so intimidating.

I also feel lots of bb movements ard 5am in the morning. Does that mean that the bb is going to be super active at 5am?!?! Die lah!

winnie,

ya ya..one day like suddenly alot movements..then suddenly dont have (baby slping)..then suddenly come again..

got once, i felt it, so me and hb monitor my tummy..and true enough, can see the lower part of the tummy 'jumping' lightly.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i read from books, usually when we are resting or slping, baby is more active..and when we are walking , baby is slping because we are rocking them to slp...

so i guess at nite is the most active..

ya, going DS at ADC this friday..yours is wednesday rite, update us k.

star,

do u feel butterfly in ur stomach? or ur tummy like being kick..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wl, I went to a demo on breastfeeding and they used Medela, I find it noisy. My sister also happened to pass me Medela too. she complained its noisy esp at nite. I have not try whether its still working or not.

Jascmy,

Which medela model is that??

I also thought if I should invest in another one if my sis ameda doesn't works anymore, since it has been used by 5 hands from first bought... during the bb fair I also see they're selling ameda breast pump, new design around $300++.

Personal feeling, quite good, my sis feed both her sons until 1 yo and it's quite quiet... I used to do it in my company's nurse room with only curtain partition from the nurse sitting at the counter and she mentioned my pump is so soft, she even forgot someone is inside the curtain pumping...

prisss, I will check and let you know the model. I remembered the machine looks like the one the speaker used for demo. Shld be same model.

sunflower,

yup can feel movements quite clearly. actually i could feel as early as 16wks, but it was very light then. Now the movements are a lot more pronounced especially after i've eaten, or if I'm lying on my tummy and baby doesn't like being squashed!

Actually I'm a bit worried. Why till now I still can't feel any movement of my bb? IS he/she doing well inside there?? I'm 16+weeks now.

jascmy

some mummies get to feel bb movements on the fifth month (week 20).. usually 2nd time bb can get to feel the movement earlier... i started to felt the movements last week.. some tapping or knocking around my lower abdomen... my last scan doc mentioned i can feel movements in another 1 mth time..

It seems like a lot of mummies start to feel movement. I can feel "butterflies" a few wks ago. But now, I also start to feel bb movement (more obvious ones) after lunch. I'm coming to 19 wks. Detailed scan next wk!

Jascmy,

dun worry if it's ur 1st preg, u can feel movement btw 18 to 20 wks. Maybe ur bb have move but u jus can't diff from stomach grumbling. For 2nd time mummy, i can feel diff, so can cfm it's bb!

jascmy,

don't worry ... most mtb will only feel bb around 18 to 22 wks. it is a very light fluttering, almost like gas bubbles. you may not recognize it at early stage.

Hi purelyz

but i can't feel bb movement yet..nw 18wks liao.Esp in the middle of the night,then i touch my tummy..got the hard things.My sis oso said its bb back,hand,elbow or leg.

Sunflower: wish me luck..will update u all after am done with the test!

Jascmy: currently me 19wk++ only can few slight movement leh.. Gynae say ist time mum can only feel bb movement starting from 20wks.. only ytd i realise eh, some tapping..

i nd to reconfirm again so i ask bb kick mummy harder abit..wahahah

prisss> no problem, i planning for one end of the month or might extend to early april depending on response cos the last time we buy only a few items so our shipping charges were most expensive. you can look for the details of the spree sites at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=324507818606

saffy> no prob. sorry but the bazaar is 27th & 28th mar not coming weekend. if this weekend then we have to arrange another location.

i cannot get from taiwan, cos normal clothes get there already very short and my fren told me material wise not that good.

SunFlower,

I feel slight tapping on and off.. but when i put my hand on my tummy, cannot feel le... so it's tt bb's movement?

sometimes i feel my tummy like got those heartbeat kind of taps on my hand. but only like2-3 taps then after that dun have already. is that the baby heartbeat or the baby movement. or just some tummy movements?

prisss : ameda good? coz find the price quite reasonable comparing to freestyle , was considering between this 2 ... but freestyle cheapest with local warranty $759. ameda $300+ ... but not too sure how good ameda is?

use avent single electric iq pump for my 1st , and did'nt really like it.

hi priss /wl/mamyvalle

me using ameda with my first baby..i tot its not too bad..i find it useful if u are always not in the office ..as i;m always outside for meetings..its very light and easy to bring around...as for medela..heard from collegues that its heavy and think the accessories are real ex.

ladies

how much weight gain is normal for for 16 weeks?i could not believe my eyes when i saw my weight..nearly wanted to faint..had put on so much weight!!n e best part was i was puking throughout for the first trim..n recently had appeitite only..i tink i better watch my diet...overeating liao..stress..

Dreamz

count me in for the next spree.thanks

Mamyvelle,

I used ameda at home as well as everyday brought it to office, I personally think it's not bulky, easily clean and of cos the suction is consider ok for me...

nekowong,

I used it for my #1 too... too bad due to work stress, I only feed for 5 mths, will try longer this time...

dreamz,

what did u all get the previous round??

btw I'm doing Disney spree now using vpost, if i order old navy now, i can also combine right??

ladies,

do u all feel pek chek often? how to make ownself feel better? i just cant tolerate small things and always feel vvvvv pek chek..

jerlyn,

u can feel hard things are more powerful than me. Haha... i can only feel slight sudden movement but u can feel bb le. That's even better!

winnie,

now u ask bb to kick harder, i think later u will wish ur bb dun kick so hard... that it will keep u awake all night! My mum also prepare for me to drink, jus once every 2wks bah. During 2nd tri, it's gd to take tonic cos during 3rd tri, our body will be too heaty to take tonic.

dreamz,

it's bb movement. BB heartbeat is faster than mummy. Dun tink u can feel, as bb heart is very small and mummy heartbeat will cover bb one.

sunflower,

i also have the same feeling. small things jus irritate me a lot. Even when my hubby on the TV loud... i jus tell myself to relax and dun get stress out...

prisss> my spree actually includes disney store. your disney spree place order already? cos the order place must be to the same vpost account.

i got 1 maternity top and 1 maternity dress. others got some kids clothes.

dreamz,

ok sure. btw will you be going for any expo event this weekend? e.g. kidzacademy, bb fair

nekowong,

haha same as me. i was vomiting and losing so much weight in 1st trimester. now i'm gaining an average of at least 1kg per wk.

sahamum,

all the best for your scan!

sunflower,

ya realized nowadays i whine about the smallest things. not sure how long my hb can tahan me... lol

Hi to all mummies,

I had been coming in once in a while.. just that haven been able to really come in and post. Hows all ur bbs? all shld be more or less 5 months le.

winnie> i think should be ok. i'm drinking bao sheng but it is cooked with birdnest.

saffy> i thinking of gg for the expo one

winnie

i think can drink pao sheng with birdnest on a weekly basis starting 4 mths..heard from frans who are mummies that its really effective...gd for the baby.

Back