(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

thanks jasmine.

price is reasonable except extra charges for packaging. i prefer someone to collect at woodlands as delivery charge is $15-20.

Hi mommies! I am a mommy from the July thread. Recently I ordered the teething blings for our little terrors that are teething!!

There are some june and august mommies that also wanted so I'm posting this here. If you are interested in one, do PM me! I have another batch of blings coming in by end of this week. Its at $20.80 each onlY (80cts for postage) as opposed to $35 retail in the market.

Anyways the designs are here: http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2618/pendants.jpg

All have stock except Mother of Pearl and Vanilla scented oK. Let me know via PM asap wat design you want as I dont stock alot of them.

You can find out more about teething blings from http://www.smartmomjewelry.com/

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5142563.jpg]

(My son munching on a JADE design)

Cheers =D

Hi mommies,

I would like to exchange S26 Promil gold stage 2 (400 gram) with Similac 2 (400 gram).

Exchange place:

1) Tanjong Pagar MRT (Weekday)

2) Paya Lebar MRT (Weekend or evening)

Please PM me if you have Similac 2.

Thanks

Do we have any budget for the cupcakes?

Most charging for $3, without delivery so currently, cupcake mama at $2.50 is still our best option except for the delivery part.

What kind of cupcake designs are we looking at? Fondant or buttercream?

jascmy, if you wanna up your supply, have to latch baby more. Yeah I know sounds painful, but thats the best and fastest way to boost your supply. I'm still bfding too. Already hit my target of 6 months, and can basically wean him off liao, but I look at milk powder prices so jia lat, I think I will try to continue and latch him for as long as I can.

Btw wanna ask mummies who have started your babies on semi-solids or solids, everytime I feed my boy, after a while the cereal will go cold liao, how do you all manage to keep the cereal warm during feeding? my boy rejects the cold cereal and I dun blame him! cold cereal taste unappetizing -_____-"

First Birthday Bash for Our July/August Babies:

Confirmation on Venue (Subject to availabilty if everyone can confirmed. Please see deadline below.)

To make it easy for me to coordinate, I am choosing Gymboree (Harbourfront) due to location which is near MRT station and the staff there also can help us to coordinate and organise activity. Please note that it is not possible to cater everyone's needs, hence I need to re-confirm the number of participants.

It is confirmed on 9th July 2011 (Saturday). The available slot is 5pm - 6.30pm inclusive of activities and birthday celebration!

Package for Gymboree (Harbourfront)

- 1.5hrs birthday package is $370 for 10 children.

- Additional child will be $15.

- Each child will receive a free Gymboree class voucher worth $40, and a gymboree balloon at the end of the party.

- Birthday package do not include any food and drinks, however can source for outside caterer (recommend finger food and packet drinks for the kids).

- Can accommodate up to 40 babies in the venue. However, limit up to 2 adults to one child.

- Meals and cake are not part of the amenities provided in the package

Estimated Budget:

If hit to

20 babies - $26

25 babies - $23.80

30 babies - $22.50

35 babies - $21.50

40 babies - $20.50

Please note that

- this budget is for our babies only.

- budget is not inclusive of birthday cupcakes, goodies bags and other misc!

- Payment for booking the venue will need to be done by 31st March 2011.

- Other misc payments like birthday cupcakes and goodies bags will be done before 31st May 2011.

Volunteers:

1) Treasurer to handle payments - Any volunteers?

2) Cup Cakes - Any volunteers? (My idea is to get cupcakes so that every babies will have their own small cake and a candle to blow on that day instead of getting everyone to cut cake)

Optionals (If everyone is ok with budget, we can include those shown below)

1) Finger food and packet drinks only - Any volunteers? (Only if time allow us to eat within 1.5 hours)

2) Customise T-shirt- Sunflower & Jasmine Goh (Budget for tee is $10 each.)

3) Goodies Bags for Babies- MVH (Budget is $5-10.) Any other volunteers to help out?

Interested participants (Please confirmed attendance before 18th March 2011.):

1) cheekrene + HB + 1B

2) eeyore + HB + #1 + 1B

3) Jasmine Goh + HB + #1 + 1B

4) Sunflower + HB (TBC) + 1B

5) bakaholic + HB + 1B

6) crescent + 1B (tentative)

7) duckling + HB + #1 + 1B

8) pd0513 + HB + 1B

9) MVH + HB + #1 + 1B

10) Winnie_gal + HB + 1B

11) glamglem + HB + 1B

12) dsqyvonne + 1B + 1M

13) Cinderbelle + HB+ 1B

14) jascmy + HB+ 1B

15) fumiko + HB + 1B + 1M

16) Haitang + #1 + 1B + 1M + (HB TBC)

17) cheese + HB + 1B

18) ednique + HB + 1B

19) ah bee + HB + 1B

20) purelyz + #1 + 1B + 1M

21) ahnah + WF + 1B + 1M

22)

23)

24)

25)

Please do not copy and paste. Just update me the number of people and who are going. For those with #1 and #2, I am sorry that I could not include them in the package as the main celebrants are our babies. However you can plan other entertainment for them since Vivocity also got mini playground.

Thank you!

Madam Yip, my boy won't suck and drink till he full when latch on. The 1st mth (when he 2mths old) I do total latch on, his weight drop from slightly over to slightly underweight. So I don want to total latch on him liao. Somemore I have to work so only nite feed and early morning feed where I'm lazy to walk out of the room to warm milk then I latch on.

As for cold cereal, I don care leh, still continue to feed. So far my boy ok with cold cereal. He only dislike cold (feed for too long so cold liao) + out of fridge puree. So I have to make fresh puree everyday.

Thks Cheekrene for updating! Hope to see the same faces + new faces once again!

Mdm yip, I normally will make 1/2 the portion first.So when he finish the cereal, it will still be warm.

If I do the whole bowl the cereal will turn cold.

But he still finishes it,is just that I tot of making a small portion is better [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Good news for those with #1 & #2, they are able to join the activities but with additional cost at $15.50. AS we are having big group, the staff suggest to split into 2 groups. The first twenty could do the party from 6-630pm and the second group to do the party from 630pm - 7pm. Then, 7 - 730pm we will have snacks and birthday cutting which is provided by the party attendees. Oh ya, please note that the time had changed to 6pm - 7.30pm instead.

Forgot to mention, I can only limited to max of 40 babies and may not be able to accommodate many #1 & #1 as the venue got limited space. Hope to seek your understanding.

Mdm yip

Usually I do small portion at a time .. Finish already make another batch.. For porridge , took out half ,the other half still in the cooker ..

Bakaholic

Abit exp leh. Usually supermarket got promotion , 2 for $39+

Ntuc, cold storage and shopnsave will rotate the promo

UPDATED AT 8.50pm

Confirmation on Venue (Subject to availabilty if everyone can confirmed. Please see deadline below.)

To make it easy for me to coordinate, I am choosing Gymboree (Harbourfront) due to location which is near MRT station and the staff there also can help us to coordinate and organise activity. Please note that it is not possible to cater everyone's needs, hence I need to re-confirm the number of participants.

It is confirmed on 9th July 2011 (Saturday). The available slot is 6pm - 7.30pm inclusive of activities and birthday celebration!

Package for Gymboree (Harbourfront)

- 1.5hrs birthday package is $370 for 10 children.

- Additional baby will be $15.

- Additional siblings will be $15.50 (Please note that If we hit 40 babies, siblings won't be able to join in.)

- Each child will receive a free Gymboree class voucher worth $40, and a gymboree balloon at the end of the party.

- Birthday package do not include any food and drinks, however can source for outside caterer (recommend finger food and packet drinks for the adults and kids).

- Can accommodate up to 40 babies in the venue. However, limit up to 2 adults to one child. (Please see ** below)

- Meals and cake are not part of the amenities provided in the package.

** As we are having big groups, the staff suggest us to split into 2 groups of 20 kids. The first twenty could do the party from 6-6.30pm and the second group to do the party from 6.30pm - 7pm. Then, 7 - 730pm we will have snacks and birthday cutting which is provided by the party attendees. Please note that the attendances can only be up to 40 babies due to space constraint at the venue.

Estimated Budget:

If hit to

20 babies - $26 each

25 babies - $23.80 each

30 babies - $22.50 each

35 babies - $21.50 each

40 babies - $20.50 each

Please note that

- budget is not inclusive of birthday cupcakes, goodies bags and other misc!

- Payment for booking the venue will need to be done by 31st March 2011.

- Other misc payments like birthday cupcakes and goodies bags will be done before 31st May 2011.

Volunteers:

1) Treasurer to handle payments - Any volunteers?

2) Cup Cakes - Any volunteers? (My idea is to get cupcakes so that every babies will have their own small cake and a candle to blow on that day instead of getting everyone to cut cake)

Optionals (If everyone is ok with budget, we can include those shown below)

1) Finger food and packet drinks only - Any volunteers? (Only if time allow us to eat within 1.5 hours)

2) Customise T-shirt- Sunflower & Jasmine Goh (Budget for tee is $10 each.)

3) Goodies Bags for Babies- MVH (Budget is $5-10.) Any other volunteers to help out?

Interested participants (Please confirmed attendance before 18th March 2011.):

1) cheekrene + HB + 1B

2) eeyore + HB + #1 + 1B

3) Jasmine Goh + HB + #1 + 1B

4) Sunflower + HB (TBC) + 1B

5) bakaholic + HB + 1B

6) crescent + 1B (tentative)

7) duckling + HB + #1 + 1B

8) pd0513 + HB + 1B

9) MVH + HB + #1 + 1B

10) Winnie_gal + HB + 1B

11) glamglem + HB + 1B

12) dsqyvonne + 1B + 1M

13) Cinderbelle + HB+ 1B

14) jascmy + HB+ 1B

15) fumiko + HB + 1B + 1M

16) Haitang + #1 + 1B + 1M + (HB TBC)

17) cheese + HB + 1B

18) ednique + HB + 1B

19) ah bee + HB + 1B

20) purelyz + #1 + 1B + 1M

21) ahnah + WF + 1B + 1M

22) mamyvelle + #1 + 1B + 1M

23)

24)

25)

Please do not copy and paste. Just update me the number of people and who are going. For those with #1 and #2, I am sorry that I could not include them in the package as the main celebrants are our babies. However you can plan other entertainment for them since Vivocity also got mini playground.

Thank you!

Hi Aug mommies! So sorry didn't realize the link was broken until some of you emailed me..

here it is again: http://img403.imageshack.us/i/pendants.jpg/

If still can't view, can go to http://www.smartmomjewelry.com/ecart/categories.asp?cID=10 to see them there!

All have except Mother of Pearl, Turquoise and Vanilla Bean, do PM me if want one asap k !

Got reply from my friend, who bakes at home.

Can choose the following:

[A] No cream, with fruits/choc inside the cupcake

Medium Size approx 4cm x 5cm, ($1.50 each)

Large Size approx 7cm x 4cm, ($2.00 each)

- Bannana choc rice

- Rum & Raisin

- Blueberry

- Strawberry

- Cheddar Cheese

- Peach

- Choc Chip

With frosting, with flavoured cupcake

Large Size approx 7cm x 3cm, ($2.20 each)

- Banana cupcake with Chocolate frosting

- Lemon cupcake with Lemon Cheese frosting

- Orange cupcake with Orange frosting

- Strawberry cupcake with strawberry frosting

- Blueberry cupcake with blueberry frosting

- Chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting

- Vanilla cupcake with any choice of frosting

- Any choice of cupcake with Chocolate Ganache

Prices inclusive of delivery (S'pore island). Minimum order 24 pcs with min 12 cupcakes per flavour.

She will pass me some photos of the design avail. tomorrow. Will update you guys again.

mummies, how many times does ur bb nap? my girl only naps twice a day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Jascmy, will pm you later the recipe. Actually i searched online for food remedy, coz i don't like to take med. then i found this recipe which use chinese herb, then my MIL suggested me to cook with other chinese herb, which later i got from the herbal shop loh. fyi, I also take more soy milk and pig trotter peanut soup.

xpink,

my bb used to sleep a lot since birth, but recent 1 mth, he sleeps lesser. nap only 2 to 3x in the day, each time from 15 - 30 mins. wonder if coz of teething. luckily he still sleep well in the night, only woke up once be cranky and settled down in 30 mins, then woke up another time for milk.

oh, so its seems like having 2x nap is normal. my girl today only nap once but most of the time, she only nap twice. never go beyond 3x for the past 1month.

tiring!

I am proud to announce the launch of my new online boutique for baby wear, Little Pepo @ http://little.pepoapparels.com/

* Pepo Apparels is a homegrown fashion company that specializes in the creation of unique adult and children apparel.

* All designs are painstakingly created by us and we oversee every step of the production to make sure that what you get is the best.

* Personalisation in the form of intricate embroidery to emphasise your ownership of our apparel.

* Free Delivery to your doorstep for a limited period only.

You can also visit us at our Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Little-Pepo/154745854546654 (Do remember to "Like" if you feel it deserves your Like)

xpink, today i brought him out to Bedok and Simei. he managed to sleep more, and fall asleep easier, especially while on the bus, and the train. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

haitang

thanks for sharing on the IFC. I have decided to withdraw from the program. Found another one nearby, looks promising as it is new. It is double storey and the upper level is used only for infants. Very spacious. There's a separate door to the second level, so the playgroup and the infants don't even meet. The infant care program hasn't started yet, but they have planned activities for the child development. Flashcards, little tents with mobile built-in for 2mth to 5mth olds. Looks fun with their little indoor playground for the crawlers too.

nap

my boy sleeps alot longer at home than in ifc. He can sleep up to two hours, sometimes twice in the day. And one or two 5 to 15min naps. At night, can sleep up to 8 or 9 hours. Last night he slept from 10pm, 6am cried for milk, then finished milk continue to sleep till 8am.

Btw, he starts to crawl backwards for about a week already. Only move backwards at most two steps. And today manage to flip from tummy to back once.

Xpink, my gal naps 3 times e most.. The last one is max 45mins.. Min ard 10-15mins.. The 1st n 2nd depends on how much she sleep at nite.. My gal is a light sleeper.. Everytime jiejie wakes up or screams in dreams, she will wake up n take some time to sleep again.. Generally 8-10hrs at nite with disturbance n waking for milk.. Never hit 12hrs at nite..

Haitang, can I have the recipe too? My ss drops when my gal starts solid coz I never pump.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] though still manage to total bf her but wanna increase ss.. Thanks!

My boy opposite, he nap a lot in school and its long hours nap. When he at home, he will nap after every feed but only 15 to 30mins. Sometimes 1hr.

Hi all, I need some advise.

my ger reject semi-solids. Have started feeding her with brown rice cereals, si sen and homecooked porridge since 5 mths but she just doesn't seem to be interested. Either spit out or refuse to open her mouth. She's abt 6 and half mth now. At first I gave her HT brown rice cereal she reject then I switch to nestle which is sweeter so hope she will take it but still the same.

We have been spoon-feeding her gripe water since 3 mths so I rule out swallowing problem.

Any mommies had the same problem as me? Really at a loss coz I understand that the nutrients from bm alone is not enough for them at this stage.

Did you try veg or fruits? i fed my boy 1 rice cereal in mid morning and then either fruit/veg in the late afternoon.

so far, he takes avocado, pumpkin, sweet potato, green peas, pears.

For white rice cereal, i use organix brand and he rejects them or can't finish on some days. I only feed him 1 thsp with 2 scoops fm.

Hello mommies

I am an Aug mommy to a sweet baby gal.

I am trying to wean baby off breastmilk but baby hates formula and refuses to drink. I tried mixing 30ml formula to her breastmilk and she can still taste the formula and refuse to drink. I mix 15ml formula and she is ok with that. I think it is going to take forever to let her get used to the formula taste. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Any tips mommies?

hahah... i have been drinking since b4 giving birth in july... until now.. so i'm breakfast sure got 1 pack of 500ml nutrisoy reduced sugar... hehehe

yesterday, i saw my girl climbing and standing on the playpen for a few seconds before she fall on the bed again.

now, as long there's handle, she will crawl forward and stand up!

arghhh...

cannot leave her on the bed, on the floor.

only can put her inside playpen but she get bored easily.

cheekrene , cupcakes if we need , will be roughly how many ? for etc mini cupcakes?

mommyxuanx , yes leh , saw ur girl video , her movements very fast leh , so think u better den put her on the bed , so scary ...

Back