(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

Hi sheric, read from e mag that e test (group b ...) is not very accurate so some gynae didn't even bother to test, just like my gynae.. I din take this for my #1.

Leo_baby, actually if u intend to latch yr baby, u dun need any bottles at all. E baby don't need water till they start formula or semi-solids.. However, if u wish to express yr mik n use bottles as storage then u have to get more.. Last time, my#1 drink ebm at my in-laws when I go back work, she uses 3 125ml bottles. But need to sterilize the 3 bottles twice a day la... So it is really up to u on how many bottles u wanna buy. Btw I use avent via cup n milkbags for storage instead of milk bottles. Don't buy too many small milk bottles also... When yr bb grows older, u might need bigger bottles,eg 240ml type.. Hope this helps.

Hi mummies, sorry to interrupt:

I have the following items available for low prices as I have become a SAHM and my baby is latching on exclusively -

1) PIGEON PERISTALTIC NIPPLE for standard neck bottles - 0-3mths+ S sized teats

Available for sale at $4 per 2pc-pack

-> 2 packs available

2) PIGEON PERISTALTIC NIPPLE for standard neck bottles - 2-3mths+ M sized teats

-> 2 packs available

3) PIGEON PERISTALTIC NIPPLE for standard neck bottles - 2-3mths+ Y leak-proof teats

-> 1 pack available

4) PHILIPS AVENT AIRFLEX NIPPLE - 3mths+ Medium flow teats

Available for sale at $6 per 2 pc-pack

-> 1 pack available

5) NUK Breast Pads with Ultra Absorbent Polymer Core

Available for sale at $5 per 24 pc-pack

-> 1 pack available

6) Tollyjoy Breast Pads with Ultra Soft Maximum Comfort

Available for sale at $6.50 per 48 pc-pack

-> 1 pack available

Self collection: Jurong East MRT, Clementi MRT or Tiong Bahru MRT

Pls PM me to arrange if interested.

Hi bakaholic,

Yesterday i went paragon to check on peg pegro Si and indeed they are selling at $499 the salesgirl claim that its a promotion item dun know how accurate but warranty only valid for 3 months still in the end my husband and me decided to buy it cause its the ceapest so far...

Hi all

For the post natal massage that u have booked, can I check how much you gals paid? I went to the expo fair yesterday and there were 2 shops offering packages for post-natal massages... each session abt $50+. Haven't decided whether to sign up for these shops packages or to get those freelance therapist...

I went to expo yesterday.. Didn't really tink e fair got v fantastic deals.. Bought 2 Nursing bra at 8 bucks each... Sign up a post natal session wit babies bellies at 54 per session n sign up 1 yr MH mag...

but didn't really feel they give v gd freebies

jus went to Tagore lane aspirin .. E sales ger say there will b Robinson sales at expo ard 24 jun... Taka bb fair in early aug...

eeyore

chnging my hospital to Mt A...

Hey anybody knows if MT A Had completed all renovation work...if not going in with renovation wrk is a torture...

Hi All,

came back from gyane's visit and shopping at orchard... many sales gg on but never really explore...

surprisingly bb grown so much within 4 wks time...

1490g @ 30w 5d and my weight gain is 6.5kg... hopefully can maintain like that...

bb is just average and gynae commented probably will be like #1, not a very big bb, less than 3kg.

Eeoyre, my gynae also comment mine will be like #1 abt 3kg coz she is only 1360g at 29w2d.. But u r better than me, coz I really gain 11kg... Sob sob.. Just finish my half tub of haagen dazs Belgium chocolate ice cream.. Felt so guilty.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi all

My lady charged me 70 dollars per session, 700 for 10 day package inclusive of all the jamu and whatever they give. She is a certified spa therapist with her own shop at Adelphi.. going to try out her service soon cos am experiencing backache.. excuses excuses.. =p

MVH

you only gained 11kg... i gained 15kg already and there's 2 months to go.. i dun dare weigh myself le.. see how monday my gynae will scream anot.. =x

once a while indulgence on ice cream is okay.. dun feel guilty.. =) but you make me tempted to eat ice cream later... somemore i want durian ice cream.. tsk tsk

wah, mvh...

haagen daz belgium chocolate ice-cream... makes me drool...

had lunch of curry chicken pie and apple walnut cake @ delifrance at 12 noon just before seeing gynae...

now super hungry, waiting for hb to buy dinner back...

Hi Mummies.. Having some spare avent bottles (NOT BPA FREE) and thingys wanted to sell them away. Selling cheaper then market prices as i hope to sell them all to 1 person for convenient.

1. 4 x 125ml Avent bottles : $5.00 each

(U.P $17.20 in Twins pack)

Total: $20.00 for all 4bottles

Brand New (Not in boxes as they are from

different hampers from baby shower)

2. 6 x 260ml Avent bottles : $18.00 per pair

(U.P $25++ in Twins pack)

Total: $54.00 for all 6bottles

Brand New in SEALED boxes

3. 1 x Small Size Dryers Diapers (64pcs)

: $10.00 (U.P $14.00)

Brand New (Sealed)

4. 2 x 200ml Wide Neck Pigeons Bottles

: $7.50 each (U.P $9.50each)

Total: $15.00 foR 2bottles

Brand New in SEALED boxes

Everything for just $99.00!! Self Collect at Tiong Bahru Mrt! =D

If interested pls kindly drop me a email at : [email protected]

Pls kindly leave me your name and contact number for me to contact u thru sms! Thank you.

eeyore, your weight gain is quite good right? 6kg, plus another 4-5 kg in last tri, then really sui sui.

i already gained 12 kg so far. jialat. but then cannot be worst than 1st one. 1st one that time i already gain about 20kg around the same gestation. haha!

insurance:

medisave got include (the enhanced policy that we bought) but got $3K deductibles. it is for COMPLICATION nia. so not easy to claim. i had to claim hard when i had miscarriage last year, in the end ok. mine is a co-payment scheme. medisave + insurance, so i did not pay too much cash in the end.

but the duration of sign up must be more than 10 months prior to getting pregnant, so it is too late liao, we are delivering v soon .

someone asked about pampers and mamypoko right? and also nepia?

my experience.

nepia is good for newborn, because it is soft, and nice. but once bb hits around month 3 onwards, more urines and nepia might not b too good to hold urine. so day time use is no problem. night time, maybe not too ideal.

mamypoko is the best. use it at night time (after bb turns few months old). but it is v EXP.

pampers, they have many types. some types are not for night use, some of them are ok. pampers comfort, good for day use, cheap and ok.

pampers active, more exp, also good. slightly not so good as mamypoko, but not bad i find.

conclusion, if u stock up nepia, dun stock up too much.

some babies outgrow NEWBORN size in month 2, usually month 3 then outgrow liao. after that, S size also use for a few months only. stand by a pack of M, 2-3 packs of S, and also 1 pack of newborn (should be enough) . cause i use pampers oni in the night during 1st month. day time use cloth diapers.

still the same page, not archived yet... no wonder today expo is more crowded (though still not comparable to those IT shows).

Leo_baby> just saw your post on BHG. 30% really good leh... aiyah, i went back to Expo on Thurs night and bought the Pigeon twin pack detergent and the waist support (which is only 20% off). [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Nature_lover> so did you get any good buy at Expo? I went there last night at 9pm, and still get the offer on Buds Mozzie Clear Lotion (2 for $15.50). the lady told me only have 50 sets on this offer leh. not sure if only for that day or not publicized...

Pekkle> not sure if you read the posting abt Nepia delivery. you still can call the hotline to order fr. them. 4 packets and free delivery. you can mix the size so probably 1 pack of NB, 2-3 of S. As shared by QQ, Nepia is very soft so good for NB, but i guess also due to the softness, the amt of urine it can hold is not as good as other brands when the baby grows bigger, so don't stock too much.

Sheric> noleh, i don't remember do that for last pregnancy. this pregnancy doctor didn't inform me abt the test yet woh. is it a must or good-to-have?

Leo_baby> you asked abt bottles? saw MVH's reply. last time i bought quite a few, tried out NUK & Pigeon, since i started full bf only after 3rd mth. so used the bottles either for my EBM (coz my #1 couldn't latch well and drink enough) or formula. but later my colleague recommended Dr. Brown bottles which helps really well in reducing stomach wind, all other bottles were put aside and wasted.

fumiko - yeah, I also wanted to sign up with the baby bellies for the post natal massage cos its cheaper than the other booth @ expo but end up, I didn't cos hubby was with me and I think he was too tired to wait.......

All - any one can advise if post natal massage is required for 3, 5 or 7 days? I seriously cannot rem how many days I did when I had #1.....

haitang - u went to expo fair again today? haha. I think u really went alot of times... I went today too and end up buying pigeon wipes and detergent even tho I wasn't sure if it was really all gd deals.

Haitang,

did u went this noon time, saw someone like u but dare not to confirm.

To all mtb, have u thot of how to bath your bb?

Ahnah, u got hire confinement lady or not? If yes, u can learnfrom her...Or u can learn from yr mum? I actually learn from my mum-in-law as I can't 'touch' water during e confinement month..

Ann, it is really up to u on how many sessions u want.. I had 4 massages consecutive days for my #1, coz I started massage 1 week after delivery which is considered late liao..

ahnah : did u went to childbirth education? when i had my #1, i went to the childbirth education @ mount a. so i roughly know how to bath newborn after give birth #1.

ann : i booked my massage lady last time after i deliver my #2 @ 7days $500. I had normal delivery so can start after 3 days like that.

ahnah : oh, but u still can go mount a to take the childbirth education even if ur wife deliver in other hospital.

and yes need bathtub.

need towel, handkechief, cotton wools, baby johnson head to toe soap.

anyway, since u got hire confinement lady, you can learn from her.

me last time no hire confinement lady or anyone to help me.

so i went to the childbirth education to learn how to feed bottle feed the baby in proper way without air going in, how to burp the baby in correct way and blah blah...

ahnah, you can try going for the TMC courses. They allow couples to sign up even though they dont deliver at TMC but i think price maybe is more than those delivering at TMC.

The URL is http://www.thomsonmedical.com/facilities.htm

scroll all the way down to the bottom

Extracted from the website:

Childbirth Education Course

We regard childbirth education as an integral part of our family centred care. Awaiting the arrival of your baby can cause unnecessary anxiety and apprehension.

The Childbirth Education Course consists of six weekly lessons. You may wish to sign up for the full course or any two lessons (only for subsequent deliveries) and we will include the Doctor’s Talk at no extra charge.

With this in mind, the Childbirth Education Course is organised for expectant mothers and their partners to prepare them for the experiences and challenges ahead.

Course Duration

6 weeks (5 weekly lessons plus one Doctor’s Talk)

When to book

Confirmation of pregnancy around 20th week of gestation

Time (subject to change)

Weekday Classes 7pm to 9pm

Weekend Classes

Saturday 2pm to 4pm l 4.30pm to 6.30pm l 7pm to 9pm

Sunday 10am to 12pm l 12.30pm to 2.30pm l

3.30pm to 5.30pm

From the website, lesson 4 got a section on bathing

Lesson 4

Practical Hands-on

Baby Care

• Hands-on Child Care

• General Care

• Skin Care

• Diaper Care

• Bathing

• Coping with a Fretting, Crying Baby

• Coping with a Sleepy or Wakeful Baby

• Coping with Colic

• Instructional Video

• Q & A

Babybee,

The warranty only 3 mths? then, i guess it wouldn't have much warranty left once bb is born?

Do they have any GSS discount for other stuff?

Hi everyone

sorry didn't post much yesterday.. work and out shopping at bb fair and cafe session till 2am

Haitang: I finally made the decision to buy peg perego pliko p3 classioo in red (but delivery only in July).. and bought the goo.n diapers for newborn up to 5kg, maternity bras, braun thermometer... spent at least 1k... how money flies.. =x gosh..

Bakaholic:

as far as what the salesgirl mention, the warranty for peg perego products will start from the day bb is born (u are to bring the birth cert to show the warranty period should you need repairs for the mechanism)

The one i bought has a warranty of a year.

ahnah : i din bought bathtub. mount a give FOC. you can buy 1 at kiddy palace.

mvh

thanks!

ladies

talking abt weight gain..hiaz..think i will go over 15kg this time..more than the first one sob sob....me paying installment for a course of health supplements from nuskin to slim down liao haha..so will do it after breast feeding...all my collegues in teh office 90% taking the supplements..so all slim down n the best thing is that only 3 mths n the weight will not go up again...so far all my collegues looks still as gd...hee so intend to try it out.

yea..the massage must do it 3 days after birth i think,the last time,i did it 2 weeks after..too late liao..cos i dont see the effect after massage too

Hi mummies, I have a brand new box (50 pcs) of Avent Disposable BreastPads for sale at $10 only, UP is $17. Collection at Yew Tee or Raffles Place/cityhall during lunch hrs.

pls pm if keen or sms 92375402

ahNah - Gleneagles may have free of charge Parentcraft classes (bathing baby and breastfeeding) every day so your wife can attend the class during her 2 day hospital there after delivery. You can call up the hospital to check if have. Mt E has such free classes so I would think Gleneagles should also have since both are just as expensive...

Thanks all for advice on post natal massages. I think I will sign up for 5 sessions.... More $$$$ to spend.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Bakaholic,

Ya got it from first few years and was told that cause its promotional pricing thats why only 3 month warranty unless you pay for the orginal price then warranty will be a year if you spend more than $500 can opt for free delivery. From our view is that most product will only spoil after a year anyway therefore warranty not that important. We pay the stroller by citibank card so got a additional 20 voucher that we can shop in parargon. Their shop is currently having Gss for certain product but we did not really shop cause was targeting the stroller only [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Went to expo and saw that spring maternity is having a 15% discount on Peg Pergo also if warrant is a concern you might want to get it there as i have check with them for them warranty is a year [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies who pregnant girl, if you haven't gotten any hands down clothings for your coming baby. I've 1 shopping bag of girl clothings can pass to you. My friends who had a twin girl, gave me quite alot of clothings. I don't need so many la and i dont have space to put also.

So anyone wants can come my place and collect it.

I think i got almost everything ready. Except handkerchiefs and bath towels. Any mummies went down to the guan yin temple and purchase aldy? Can share with me how much u all bought? Actual address is at where huh? Also the operating hours?

I'm still thinking to buy a chest of drawer or a small wardrobe to put #3 clothings. Can share what you all bought?

Mommyxuanx,

The address st si ma lu shop is block 269 #01-246. Its the building just opposite the temple right at a corner facing the small road. I went there to see its like a wholesale store but didnt buy anything there as my MIL is getting most of the baby item so cant comment much on the shop. Told my Mil about the place she went there to see and also commented that the clothes are cheap. You might want to go check out the place. Think their closing time is around 6pm during weekdays and saturday half day , sunday they are close.

ahNah, if delivering at Mt A, then dun need to buy bath tub as they will give u one free bath tub. i am getting mine from my fren. or buy one also can la, if u dun mind having 2 eventually.

i am not going down expo cause really no time and no energy, i salute all of u. still got energy to chiong.

hihi...

may i recommend safety first inflatable tub for showering ur baby... coz is inflatable, is sort of cushioned and can use till 2 years old.. at times my 26 months old daughter will use that to play water.

Oh, is very durable too! best buy for tubs i would say! good for travelling as well

at 31 weeks, my baby weighs 1.4kg and i have gained 6 kg till date. actually weight gain or not is not important, most important is bb growing well in tummy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back