(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

me too using terumo thermometer.. i find it handy & easy to use .. so far so good... bot it since yr 2008 motherhood fair..

AhNah - perfect mum things expensive lar.... Aiyo, I only went expo fair once today...I will go to expo again tmr with Hubby to stock up on Pigeon stuffs..

I just spent $199 on A star educational English phonics CD for my #1.....will let her try out tonight ... If good, maybe buy the Maths & Chinese CD too. I think all the educational stuffs for kids r most expensive ...

littlepiggy

it's a ear thermometer.. tat time i got it around $90. used it for going 2yrs. not too bulky. i bring to every where when my #1 is having fever..

littlepiggy

i find it chun leh... my sil 's thermometer duno wat brand. i tink she got it from clinic one. cos she was once clinic assistant.. both our thermometer reading same leh.. u put into bb ear press one button, beep sound u can take out liao. it's like within 3 secs thingy.. not need to wait too long.

jascmy

i still unsure when to go.. tonight also noting to do.. so tot of going..

Ann, sounds like you r making your 4th trip tomorrow. Motherhood shld give u VIP card.

Expensive but my wife like it, she pay lor [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Finally become member, got discount.

Experience Mummies,

How many bottles are considered enough for bb use? Pls explain with some examples if can.

If milk powder got offer is it gd to stock up now if yes what brand you all recommend?

Hi sorry to interupt this thread.

I've got a lightly used 1 mth old denim blue My brest friend pillow to let go at $35. If anyone is interested kindly message me at [email protected]

I also have a brand new Fluffies Comfy Cruiser baby carrier for sale. Bought new from Australia threw the box during shipment has manual. Asking for S$20 retails for A$29.95

alibaba,

orh.. okie.. then i go look around for the ear one bah.. hmm.. think scan forehead de oso quite ex hor.. hmm.. thanks thanks for the advise..

Sunfl@wer> wah, thanks for the info on the spree. will take note of it and order if i need any in the future.

Leo_baby> what did you grab at BHG?

wl> delivery and hospital bill can go up to 6k too leh, that one not returnable liao...

haitang, you another one trying to scare weiling.

But that is the price of wat my gynae told me, and this amt is before CPF.

Haitang,

I didnt managed to grab the washing liquid and powder from motherhood but did that at BHG so gotten 30% discount even cheaper then motherhood fair lor.

Hmmm I dunno if expo fair is worth it but I saw alot of pple buying diapers (nepia, pampers, huggies), pureen stuffs, strollers/ car seats (spring maternity booth) etc. Only thing is I didn't see any milk powder booths! I stay near expo so ok for me to go there....

Ahnah - not 4th time lar.... U mix me up with somebody else lar...

Leo_baby> don't stock up milk powder coz your baby may not like or suitable to it. better get the smallest tin will do, and the popular brands for infant are those dsqyvonne just suggested.

ahNah, Haitang, no worries. Me no scare, cos my company got good insurance coverage, so I actually have no clue how much to pay since the company covers everything for me. That's why I die die must stay in this company until the day I decide to shut down my "factory"

It will be good to know mummies in your region well so can exchange milk powder and stuff around to prevent excessive buying

wl, insurance coverage got cover delivery cost meh ? ? so good.

leo_baby, that depends on how fast your baby grows and outsize the NB and Size.. that is the thing we can't decide at this stage now.

wl

ur co benefits damn good lor.. Delivery also cover.. i guess ur position ur co is pretty high la. else shld have so premium insurance. i know some co do have a cap cover employee delivery charge at certain amount. Even got coverage on medical expense of spouses.

Bank still have the best benefits. ha. too bad i'm not into that line.

ahNah, I think so. My colleague who just delivered said she can claim everything, so I assume so.

Alibaba, my position not high lah, I am just an assistant, aka bao ka liao, everything also must do... hahaha

But seriously, this company is good lah, regardless of position, our insurance coverage is the same. But hor, there are more male than female here, so they also dont loo-gi too much.

I'm counting down now! Time for shopping!!!

ahNah> not to scare her lah. #1 i natural birth, last minuted assisted (i think additional $100?), then complication stayed hospital for a week. i booked 4-bedded and free upgraded to 2-bedded (should be free bah), my bill abt 6k loh. ya, before CPF.

wl> are you sure insurance covers delivery? usually nope. even for those lady insurance, be it PA or Medical insurance, they will also exclude maternity and delivery woh...

haitang, I think so that they cover, cos it's stated under 1 category "Maternity". So far, I have no difficulty claiming for all my expenses and package with my gynae.

ahNah, my insurance friend told me the only insurance to buy for new born bb is life insurance. Provided that the parents are well covered. He said no point buying everything for bb while the parents are under-insured. His point is to protect ourselves first before thinking for the child.

wl, correct. The detail I duno yet but I'm discussing with my bro and SIL 'cause they are handling our insurance and investment all these years.

wl> really? which insurance company is it? aiyah, should have checked with my insurance agent earlier ah... coz i remember my 1st pregnancy they said insurance usually exclude maternity and pregnancy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

ahNah> another insurance i bought for my #1 is the hospitalization insurance. all bought after he was born.

Actually most company's medical plans do not cover marternity as it'll result in higher premium for the company. Some co. do have 'welfare fund' and reimburse their pregnant employees. If you hold higher management position, then your co. may have higher medical plan for you that may include maternity cover (waiting period is 10 mths, Which means you must be covered even before u are pregnant)

There are normal insurance plans that do cover maternity too. Such plans usually covers complication cost, and not cost of delivery.

Hope it helps to clarify a little of your doubts[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Leo_baby> thanks for the clarification! should have bought such insurance plan before i pregnant ah. hehe... at least can help to reduce the risk of any complication that occur. now is too late. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

today seems not many posts... all went shopping already? :p

weiling99, ahNah, Suika, eeyore_03

Well, I have to search archive to read your postings...haha..sorry lah, I find it esp harder for me to sit in front of the desk to read postings...and the thread runs too fast for me... I am still reading 2nd June archive..

Well, during my last ultrasound when I was 27 weeks, my babies are 1kg and 750g, one is of normal weight but the other is always 200g lighter than the other... I dun think my babies are extra big, but yes, I am already feeling the weight on me, especially when I try to climb out of bed.. (ps, my mattress is on the floor actually...haha)

I'll try to catch up on the postings!

scent > it is normal for one twin to be heavier than the other..i m a twin myself [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

all > i went to the motherhood fair after gynae appt....bought a bit of stuff there...i saw nepia diapers but never heard before! so dare not buy...after catching up on the posts, then realised it is one of the best for NB...i had an inkling it might be good cos it is made in japan...shld have bought a pack or so to try! i went in the PM and it was not very crowded...also bought a playmat for future use...plus two medela nursing bras...got 20% disc...plus some bottles and steriliser from Avent...apparently, there are more freebies given out at the fair compared to their warehse sale based on what the staff told me....

i m 30th week this week and my bb is 1.4kg...in the last 4 weeks only gained 1kg....cos i have been nursing flu and cough in the last 3 weeks+...still not ok yet....everything abt bb is okie, except that her tummy measurement shrank a little...gynae said my prolonged cough and flu cld have caused that...so i must eat and rest more to fatten her up again....she told me i can afford to gain more as my total wt gain is 7kg....gotta eat more now to fatten up the bb!

Mummies to be..

U all make me so envious arh.. just gain 7 kg throughout pregnancy.. i already gained 15kg, think the fats deposited to me instead... i think bb not eating very well.. sigh.. hope have good news on Monday...

ahnah

you are not afraid of being thrashed by yr wife for saying that you cant hug her waist arh in fornt of the entire group.. lol

Im going to the fair this evening ard 7pm.. will anyone from the group be there?

xuanx

I saw the promo.. all limited to the first 50 customers... i go in the evining.. i think will be the last 50 customers... =P still have lobang u think? lol

Hi All,

Went to the fair yesterday. Not crowded.

Bought my cot bed from bobo house cos their mechanism is just nails, screws and wood so hopefully more durable than those with plastic parts.

Also, bought a bottle of Avent wash for bb.

Then i went over to JL fair and bought tibits and some disposable cotton underwear. They have large sizes for expectant mother which I have trouble finding in normal shops.

ahnah

hor hor hor.. i can dun "bao toh" but no guarantees wun slip the ladies tongue when we have outings.. hee hee hee.. so i think you better treat the ladies here... lolx

bakaholic

Hi.. the JL fair will be until tmr too?

ahNah,

Yah, until 6 june. But the discount not that good. i got 10% off with safra card only and 5% rebate if you have robinsons card.

But i think the main JL stores have "great summer sale" with 20% storewide.

Nature lover,

Your bb is growing fine. Dun worry ok?

I think mine is the smallest among you ladies but I still keep a positive attitude cos there is nothing we can do. As long bb is healthy and growing, and doc didn't say much. We should stay happy.

dear mummies,

is there any additional test that u have to take on the 32 weeks? Anyone go thru the Group B Streptococcus (GBS)?

This is a type of bacteria that found in the vagina or lower intestine.

hi Sheric

Im sorry I cant help you with that info as yet... maybe the rest of the mummies will be able to..

Hi Mary

Thanks for the sharing! =)

Back