(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

So different standards when it comes to their own kids and grandkids lor...my HB said last time my MIL very strict & fierce with him....but then now I see my boy, she also not fierce nor strict.

Ann: My MIL at least will listen to us sometimes, it's my FIL who will spoil my boy. Same like yours lor.

Chelz: Aiyo...eat porridge also wants to give Marc paci? Really lor, what are they thinking?!! The ones to suffer will be us, parents, next time when we wanna wean them off.

I was even telling my HB...if I'm desperate, I'd take a few days off, look after my boy myself and give him "cold turkey".

Thinking of bringing my boy to either Singkidz @ T3 or Fidgets @ Turf City (both of which we have not been yet) on next Mon (26 Sep) since I'm on leave.

Which one is better? Any suggestions?

Tks.

by the way, any mummies interested in this item?

Kalencom 2-in-1 POTETTE PLUS Fold Away TRAVEL POTTY & Trainer

My friend said that it is very compact and can fit nicely into a diaper bag.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/6064927.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/6064928.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/6064929.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/6064930.jpg]

Mothercare selling for $46 but I am thinking of buying directly from USA and getting one for my bb. will be cheaper than buying locally.

Organizing a spree to buy it from Amazon

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/6049733.html?1316623646

Anyone interested to join?

View the product video here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDlztIriDqM&NR=1

- Full size travel potty that folds flat into a trainer seat

- Non slip, durable and comfortable; improved sturdy, well-balanced rubber base helps keep your child feel secure

- Legs lock into place when opened, folds flat so it can fit in a purse or diaper bag

- Uses self-absorbing, disposable liners that discard like a diaper

- Comes with three super absorbent, leak-proof and easy-to-use disposable liners and a drawstring carrying bag

From the Manufacturer

The new 2-in-1 potette plus is a portable potty and trainer seat all in one. It is great for travel or use at home when potty training. Great to take anywhere that you may not have access to a sanitary bathroom. It's a clean potty and trainer seat for your child no matter where you go. It is a great potty for the park, beach or to keep in your car, boat, camper, or RV.

Product Description

The Potette Plus brand portable potty is great for travel or to take anywhere that you may not have access to a sanitary bathroom. Its a clean potty for your child no matter where you go! The seat is contoured for your child's comfort and it folds flat so it can fit in a diaper bag or large purse. The potty uses self-absorbing, disposable liners that discard like a diaper. Liner handles secure to the potty and tie closed for disposal. Its a great potty to keep in your car, boat, camper, or RV.

Junie/ Beannie: I went to Singkids at Vivo city before, the smaller version of the one at T3. Quite fun and yes!! Many balloons flying!! But I think is more suitable for older kids. The older kids really went wild running all around.

Pillow: i've read somewhere before that younger siblings sometimes start speaking later because they're surrounded by older talking kids. it's like they have no chance to talk because someone else is doing all the talking. I dunno how true that is. anyway, they're still young so no need to worry too much ya...my colleague's second kid didnt talk until he was 4! but of course 4 is a bit late la haha.

one doctor once told my parents that if a baby/kid is able to get what he wants by pointing and "eh eh" ing, then he wont feel the need to use words and begin talking, since he already gets what he wants. so sometimes better not to pre-empt the child with what we think he wants...

valerie: which area ?

u can go to mcys webby to find the area child care centre then u slowly narrow down to the one u prefer.

i m putting my bb in PCF(Q #20+) or My First Skool (Q #90+), Mindchamp(Q #100+) is the last option.

All 3 centres are on waiting list ready. Area is TPY Central

Yup, I also wan my boy to learn dialet. Don't want it to be lost by their generation. So far he can understand simple cantonese cos my granny who he sees daily speaks to him in cantonese (my granny only knows how to speak cantonese). Skyler also says very limited words but he can understand quite well. Like yesterday my mil was telling him to bring the book to her in mandarin (wo pointing) and he actually understood and did as he was told. We were quite suprise cos we only visit my inlaws once a week and its only then my mil will speak to him in mandarin. Normal we speak to him in english.

ello mummy.. :) how have u all been?? how's every bb?? :)

I have yet search for a CC for my boy next yr.. But my mummy's place the PCF is on waiting list.. :) haiyo..

beannie : wat is #20+, #90+ #100+ heehee~~

talking : my boy noe how to say "please" without the Ple.. "ya", "bao bao", "papa", "neh neh", "no", "bus" without the S.. "open" without the O...lol...

Waha.. like so many place for our bb to go and play in horz.. but i have yet to visit any of this place yet.. >.<

xbeannie, I am staying at Boon Keng.

ya I heard that Pat's Sch is very popular.

Just called and they said their centres are fully booked for the whole year 2012.

Sounds so crazy.

hai~~ NTUC crazy de.. past few months my boy favour biscuit suddenly is no where to find lorz... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

wonder any BP or which area of NTUC, cold storage selling HiPP organic biscuit not.. >.<

mummy can share if any BP selling biscuits or which area of the hyper markets selling.. :)

Yea loh, everywhere also has waiting lists. If theres no waiting lists, we will get suspicious if the sch is gd or not.

Any mummy can recommend any gd toy rental link? I found a few but not sure which is better.

Hershey: I have 1 box at home. I forgotten where I bought it. Is it from Korea or a supermarket in Singapore. I know Kayden has it when in Korea.. but my memory super short. I think you can try Marketplace at Raffles shopping centre. I normally shop for such thing there.

recently i had move back to my mil place.. coz had so much dis agreenment with my own brother, & father..

PLus on the other hand, my mummy place the parking lots is super hot.. cannot buy in season parking.. thus my hubby every 2 weeks have to pay the fine $XXX... hai~~

so in order to lesser my hubby burden, i had move back to my mil place..

from don need to cook, prepare & shop for dinner.. now have to do everything myself... >.< but luckily, my mil place stay right in front of amk hub... :) heng i don need to travel so much..

then in the morning, sometimes, i need to send my girl to CC which,we have to take bus back to my mummy place.. lol~~ not difficult task for me.. but poor girl, have to wake up early lorz.. hai~ at night, she study & revise until 10.30pm, than slp around 11pm.. gosh.. luckily, over here my girl still able to study on her ownself.. back at my mummy place, she cannot study, as there are many distraction..

dono is good or bad that i move back to my mil place.. but is advantage for my hubby & my girl lahz..

sorry.. for long post.. >.<

I see on Mon, my son's mood....then decide whether to go nearby Singkidz @ T3 or Fidgets @ Turf City.

How's fidgets? Suitable for 14mths old toddlers?

thanks peanut! i guess so, too many older kids and my inlaws are at her "beck and call" . this gives her little incentive to talk [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

my elder one is in Pat's for coming 2 years now. yes, i do feel it lives up to its name and i now do understand the raves.... its the passion i see in each of their teachers and principal amongst all stuff.... best bet, is to shoot for 2013 enrolment (the year they turn 3) by early next year if not this year even.

however, to note, they do charge a one time processing fee of $200-300 (can't remember exact amt but its non-refundable) + 1 month of school fee as "deposit" of your booking. other than this, so far, i have no other grouse.

hershey,

Ya, can see that you have been rather unhappy recently (via fb). But I believe it is for the better good! Since now your girl can concetntrate on learning (while at home)and its better for both you (less conflict with your dad and bro) and hubby (in terms of parking space). Actually your hubby is already very good when he agrees to stay at your mom's place. My hubby is those type that "da shi ta" also wont wanna stay at my mom place. Vice verse for me. So we took out every cents that we have and bought a resale flat. And of cos staying on our own means I have to do everything. From working to taking care of my boy, to doing household chords alone. My hubby has got long working hrs and his off days are on weekday which i am working. So weekends is just me and my boy + my one week worth of household chorus lol.

hershey: Yea agree with sun_tan. Just do what is best for your children. Regarding household chores- my way is to do the minimal on weekdays. I feel it is really damn sian to keep the house super clean everyday n is not possible with a dog around. The most impt is the kid is fed, clean, and safe. On weekend, we will then do the major household chores.

suntan: why not you ask ur hubby to do some household chores on his off day on weekday? So you need not do so much on your weekend. or find those part time helper.

thanks.. sun_tan, Charliebrown..

And sorry for bein very vulgar on the fb.. >.<|||

understand, moving back to mil place is a advantage for my daughter & hubby.. I also nv regret this decision.. but i just miss my days on the computer chit chatting with u all.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yes, indeed.. my hubby is really kind enuf to move to my mummy place for the past 2 yrs.. :) now is my turn to help him ease his burden.. loL~~

But, he has more things to do over at his own mummy place.. coz, i don dare to cut meat, chicken & fish.. hahaha~~ so he need to do it when he is back at home.. so in the day, i will prepare the dishes & soup ingredient.. :)

AND basically, i am shoppingg ntuc every afternn for fresh veggie & some other ingredients.. loL~~ gosh... i am so feeling like a old aunty..

Ya, Sun_tan.. maybe u can get ur hubby to share the housechores.. or let him look after bb all by himself while u do house chores..

is true lorz.. charliebrown... most important are the kids.. fed, clean, free from virus, learning.. rest well.. :)

but find part time worker.. will u all feel safe???

hershey: i try order online ... but stated out of stock... maybe u want to call them up before going down.

I thinking to go singkids try try too

charliebrown and hershey,

Ya, he will do the weekly mopping but cos he is on 6 days work week. So he can only rest on his only off day. So wont want to burden him with too much household chorus too. For now i still can handle [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but just that would grumble to him haha. But if got #2, then i would be getting a helper le.

suntan>> so good, your HB helps with weekly mopping.

My HB only helps with mopping once a week now when I asked him to only, cuz he's currently not working.

When he was working then, can forget abt him helping with the housework lor!

Everytime ask him do tedious housework, like want his life like that. He only prefers to do laundry (and only when I asked him to!).

lol~~ my hubby sort of like, when i grumbling to him.. he will auto do the washing plates.. lol~ if not, also difficult for him to touch those housechores.. :)

Sorry to interrupt.

Oh, what a noisy zoo tickets.

=============================

May I know if any Mummy has 4 tickets on 23 Oct, Sunday, 11am that you are willing to exchange with me? I'll be most grateful for that. Or else I will just have to sell these 4 tickets and my kids won't get to watch the play. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I'm willing to meet you anywhere to do the exchange. THANK YOU!

Please PM me for my hp.

ohh... reALLY.. thanks annie.. :) so overall u love their service lorz.. :) wanna to noe their charges.. :) maybe i should just drop a msg to them ba.. :)

Yup.. overall service very good. Wanted to take their package but hubby prefer not to but just ask them to service as and when we like.

babycoco: It was quite good. Kayden enjoyed himself. Signed up for Powertots class on Sunday at Serene Centre. He is the youngest in class other than Marc (Chelz's boy).

Babycoco: Trial class is $50 i think. For package, I am left with 3 lessons for the term so it cost me $143 or something like that. Registration fee of $40 and refundable deposit of $100..

Back