(2010/07) July 2010 MTB


Tonight BB staying over at my in law house so hubby & I will be going to watch movie. But I am so tired now.. dunno can last thru the movie at night or not. Haha!!!



Time with BB: Ya.. I also wanna spend more time with my little devil.. but like everyone, money not enough ah.. living expense in Singapore is super high lo. That's why I wanted to bring my BB home everyday if I am able to. Though tired.. but time spend with my little devil is worth it. Dunno is it becos I get to see him lesser, I would cuddle him to sleep more than last time. Last time I would rather he sleep on the bed and pat him.. no carrying at all.. but now I prefer to carry him in my arm.. bad habit right?

 
Hi mummies, I'm organising a spree here: http://community.livejournal.com/_spreee/2912030.html to order Fenugreek from iherb.com (http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-Fenugreek-Seed-610-mg-180-Capsules/4217?at=0 - will cost abt SGD10-12) as I need to increase my milk supply cause my girl's appetite has increased a lot and my BM supply can't catch up with her demand.



If u r interested in getting anything, do post on the spree page [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] *thanks*

 
Carol,

i feel the same way, too! not thinking about work at all. ya lor, every weekend scour papers to see which super has the best deals on formula, diapers



Ann,

carrying baby is not a bad habit ...you'll miss carrying them before you know it - they grow up so fast!

 
ica, i agree with you! i am pro carrying baby. i carry them all the time. they grow way too fast for us to worry about being "spoilt"

 
carol, what's the logic behind start taking medicine then will fall sick easily ???



coughing can be quite serious that leads to bronchitis. there is no cough medicine for infant, except this pink liquid Rhinathial. but self medication is not advisable for young babies.

 
Hi mommies ,

as I read thru the thread where all mommies r so proud of her bb weight n height , I hope u girls won't mind if I share mine too ?



My bb quite godzila - he's 7.9 kg 62cm at 11 weeks !



But I m very worry .. He don't seem to like tummy time .. When I put himon his tummy , he will start crying , if not will just suck his fist .. When I carry him , he's head is not wobbly le .. But just can't lift up his head / do mini push up when on his tummy. .. Wat to do huh. ??

 
Jasmine,

could it be that your baby is hungry or sleepy when you put him on his tummy? coz my baby will also cry or gets frustrated if that happens. otherwise, she's happy being on her tummy when the time is right

 
ica & Pillow: Ya.. even my gf say the same thing.. she loves to carry her BB.. now the boy is 9mths old.. he doesn't wan to be carry by her anymore.. prefer to hold things to walk.. quite an independent boy. That is also why I started to carry my boy more and hug him more. When they grow up, they would not wan us to hug anymore liao... that would be so sad.



But you know old pple la.. will say bad to keep carrying BB.. not good at all.. etc etc. Hai...

 
Jasmine,

just wanna add - don't worry if your baby cannot lift up his head yet. he will ultimately. give him some time. e.g. some babies will learn to walk at 9mth, others by 12mths, but end result is the same - they will walk

 
Ann,

no woh, my mom is the opposite - keeps asking me to carry baby more. she also thinks the same way as us [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
ica n ann,



i also missed carrying my boy. now he is almost 23kg. cannot carry him for long [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
Ica, what a nice thing to say. My bb also can't hold her head up properly. Have been quite worried about that. She absolutely hates tummy time.

 
Ica , I do pay attention onthat too- not hungry , not sleepy ,

just have to let him try everyday .. Do u think If I try to let him sleep on his tummy on n off ( under supervision) will help?



Iunderstand bb will eventually sit crawln walk .. I know ,I might be a little panicky , all I cansay is " I Am BOY'S MOM

 
calling "mama" & "papa"



my frens told me that bb usually call "papa" first. and i've read in more than 1 places that bb call "papa" for the first time when they r happily playing and the first time they call "mama" is when they r hungry or sleepy. sigh......



since bb's born, everyday trying to teaching him to call "mama". really hope he can call "mama" first.

 
happy_bee:

My son too. Can't lie on bed or rocker more than 5 mins, must sit beside him, talk to him, even sometime carry him, must also continue to talk to him.

Jasline:

u can go to MOM website to check, if i'm not wrong, after ur ML, u have to work 1mth. that mean when u back at work, u can tender, serve ur 1mth notice, u can't use ML to serve as notice.

 
i also like to carry my bb. i dun really care what other ppl tell me (a lot of ppl tells not to carry too much else the bb will be spoilt), i just carry her until my arm cannot tahan... that's why i always kena muscle ache but i still very happy. and the best part: BB is happy too!!! hehehe

i can't wait to hear my bb call me "mama" but i also read somewhere they more likely to call "papa" first as easier to pronounce. hehe.



Jasmine, your bb is really really very very BIG!!! must be very chubby... hehe...



my bb also cannot flip yet. only tummy time a few times cos' dunno why my mil keep nagging us not to do it... i think each bb develops differently, as long as healthy can liao... i think eventually they will figure out themselves [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
looking thru the posts abt working mums made me think that I'd be like one of u too when i start work in another month.



Now I already start thinking when I put my BB in my in-law's place, I'll sure miss him & miss his milestones and I really dun wanna miss a thing.



Somemore I will only get to fetch my BB back on Wed nite after work and then Sun nite put him bk to my in-law's plc again. On working weekdays, I'll only get to see him in the evening, by then he'll already want to sleep.



Now my BB also likes to talk more to my MIL & I feel jealous lor.



Can only share our concerns & worries here cuz it really takes a mummy to know a mummy. Tell my HB all these things, he will not really understand one lor.


 
wanna check, now that my BB is almost 3mths old...i can introduce flash cards to him oredi rite?



Any good recommendation on the type of flash cards I shld get?

 
mrslong: yes my hubby dun understand what is there to jealous about. he said my MIL also dotes on bb, nth wrong abt it. and he said i am the mummy so eventually bb will still want me one. this kind of "jealousy" men cannot understand one lor.



i dun mind bb being carried but she can only be carried by me, hubby or my parents. Hahaha! i hate family gatherings esp at hubby's side because he has a big family and everyone takes turns to carry my gal. even when she sleeping they dun wan to put her on the bed. one of hubby's aunt even sat cross-legged on the sofa then put my sleeping bb on her legs u know! sometimes i secretly hope that bb can start to recognize ppl learn to reject ppl she seldoms see.

 
Irene: Hi five!! "mama" first hee



Mrs long: i actually download FREE apps in my IPhone for the flashcards hee still got sound somemore

 
Irene which app did u download ? Can share it with me ?



Happy bee .. Chubby n HEAVY .. me Always out of breath every time I carry him ..Hu hu hu

 
phy - yah still training [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] sometimes he can sleep 6hr stretch i happiness liao. Tried swaddling but now that he found his fingers, i thot maybe he can self pacify (he was using pacifier) Actually, my concern is that if he stays up 6hourly, then his usual 'breakfast' feed will only be like less than 3 hours away.. so wonder if mummies actually feed less or feed their bb later... I guess for you bf so cannot answer me qn lar! Btw.. ur bb looks really cute! And he seems to be very well developed! good job [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
CHRISTMAS DINNER CELEBRATION!!



We are PLANNING for one..



Location: Looking for a chalet (if u got cheap deals for chalet, pls PM me)



Food: if chalet, its their inhouse caterer.. or we can simply pot luck it



Date: 11th Dec (depending on the chalet avail)



Now... we jus need the names - please copy the entire post with ur name below. thanks



1. Serene

2.

3.

 
self entertaining my boy likes to tok to himself while laying on the bed.. but don like to self entertain too long.. he will loves ppl to stay around him.. and tok to him.. touch him..

he too will also tok to his toys and ceiling and bed too..



i will alway tok to him properly.. instead of bb toking.. n will sing songs to him.. letting him to go thru his body parts, letting him noe what is it.. :D



my boy love to look at papa and smile handsomely.. and play with papa roughly.. but to me, he just smile gently.. and play roughly.. hahaha~~





after jab yesterday gt his 3rd moth jab.. 2day he is still very grumpy & moody.. and abit feverish.. gave him med to eat le.. still very sai nai... lol~~

 
Milia: Any of your BBs have Milia? It's those white dot like thingy on their face. My boy have 4 white dots on his face. Wonder how long will it take for them to go away.

 
Serene: My boy's milia already 2mths liao lei.. but show no sign of going off.. at first 3.. now pop 1 more. Hai..

 
Jasmine: i dl a few-> but my girl likes this most :Baby Apps: Flashcards Free [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] cos they makes animals sound then my girl will giggle kekeke

 
pillow: my logic is after she take medicine, she wont build up antibody but depend on de medicine..so in future she needs even stronger medicine when she sick loh..true or not ah?

i tried to give her frozen bm last week, but she seems like getting worse after drinking the milk..so nowadays just give my bm to my nephew loh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



btw, anyone take bb's injection in msia? my bb took 6-in-1 in msia specialist, i called ministry of health, de staff said ok as long as recorded in health booklet..but is it safe ah? last time rotavirus & 6-in-1 jab & fever medicine cost abt RM270..

 
Tummy time: my bb dun like tummy time too, I always make sure he's fed n not tired then I put him on this tummy, he will either just lie there n do nothing or he will start crying. I even tried lying down n talk to him. How do u all make ur bb enjoy their tummy time?



Gg bk to work: yes yes yes! I feel exactly the same way too, I was supposed to go bk to work on 1st oct, then I gave reasons n told my boss I can only start on the 18th oct, n time passes so fast! Next Monday is 18 Liao. Think of leaving my bb at home for such long hrs I will sure miss him, den somemore now with this tummy I look so out of shape in my working clothes! Arghhh!!! I kept telling my hubby I wanna be a full time mum, thou he says ok but I know it's not possible for us to survive on a single income...



'jeslousy' : I look forward to Friday every week cos I will bring bb back to my in laws plc n stay for the weekend n over there nobody 'dares' to hog my bb for too long so he is all mine for the weekend. But during weekdays at my parents plc I feel like I have to 'share' my bb with so many ppl, my dad mum n grandma, thou I have a maid at my mums place n my mum is helping me take care of bb, I still enjoy myself more at my in law's place.



Vivi: I stay ard boon Keng / serangoon, u stay ard woodlands right? I can dropby ur place to get it from u.



Nuk teats: I am using size 1 n small hole nuk teat, he is 2.5 months old n on ebm, now the flow seems to be too slow for

him, should I change to size 2 small hole or should I stay with size 1 n change to medium hole? Any of u have the same problem?

 
Sito

R u looking for play mat or play gym? Playmat I highly recommend LG or Parklon from bp. Playgym wise, I like e new series from playskool.

 
Kepsis>> I've started using NUK S size 2 since my boy turns 1 mth old cuz he took a long time to drink his milk. So I think u can change his teat size liao.

 
Thanks junie, what is the difference between the size 1 n 2 ah? is it the teat bigger or hole bigger? coz i bought size 1 but M size, then i threw away the receipt, dunno can change or not.



Kate Spade bag: i remember some mummies wanna order the KS bags together right? There's going to be a 25% disc from 15th to 16th oct.

 
Any baby has single eyelid but both the parents have double eyelid? Me n my hb both got v prominent double eyelid but my bb only got single eyelid wor. Both my n my hb family all double eyelids one, is double eyelids inhereditary?

 
happy bee: my fren's bb girl only start to have double eyelid when she's 4th month. my baby's double eyelid also became more obvious as he grows bigger. so be patient and hopefully ur bb's double eyelid will come out soon.

 
Kepsis - you should try size 1 large hole first... I tried to get my ger to use the large hole, but the hole is too big for her.

 
kepsis: r u ordering from KS website? I wanted to order last week but my hubby say i waste money. How u know got 25% discount? It's a discount code or store wide 25%? I really wanna get a KS bag but dun wanna spend too much later my hubby scold [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
Hi Mummies,



I just had high fever (40 degrees) 2 days ago. Took chinese medicine and finally recover from it. But my milk supply drop drastically. Wonder if anyone have such experience? I am afraid that the supply will be gone. How to get back my supply? Anyone can help?

 
CHRISTMAS DINNER CELEBRATION!!



We are PLANNING for one..



Location: Looking for a chalet (if u got cheap deals for chalet, pls PM me)



Food: if chalet, its their inhouse caterer.. or we can simply pot luck it



Date: 11th Dec (depending on the chalet avail)



Now... we jus need the names - please copy the entire post with ur name below. thanks



1. Serene

2. Jaclyn

3.

 
bbbliss,

dun worry, its normal that milk ss drop when u are sick. If u continue feeding/pumping, it shd go back up.



jasmine,

wow, ur bb is very big. That's probly why he cant really do mini push-ups yet, cos too heavy. Usu bigger bbs take a longer time to learn how to flip, but thats normal, so u dun worry ok. U can hold a toy slightly higher so he has to look up, that will train his neck muscles.



kepsis,

my bb enjoys tummy time, and will look ard when on his tummy, and pull on the cloth that i lay him on.

 


Fairfield,



Thanks for the Info. I feel more relax after hearing from u. Usually I can pump at least 200ml, but only got 70ml yesterday - not enuff to feed my boy. Hope my supply will come back soon. Really must take care of ourselves. Otherwise, our supply will be down when we fall sick.

 

Back
Top