(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

bbbliss: okie.. sigh i just went to pump just now, and the blister bleed! my pumped milk become pink! i had to discard everything.. sad. still got milk but i dun dare to pump. how to continue pumping? i scared pumping will aggravate the blister and wont heal. at the same time i need to relieve the engorgement.

 


Sweetkiss: I nv experience this b4 but I ever read tt u shld cont pumping. Otherwise it will get worse n e milk is actually safe for bb but if u mind the colour then throw away.

 
Really? is my first time this happened.. usually ppl only experience cracked or bleeding nipples during 1st week of breastfeeding lor. dunno why i got so many prob! i will cont to pump then but scared.. cos a bit pain.

 
Medela freestyle: jts, I been using this breast pump for 2 months aldy, usually I use my avent steam sterilizer to sterilize the parts, thou I know I'm not suppose to, i tot putting them in boiling water n steam is the same Ma, n v soon the breast shield turned yellow, n this morn I realized the shield got hole Liao, lucky I ordered an extra set cos I wanna put one set in my office so tt I dun have to bring here n there everyday. Then I read the instruction it says only need to boil the shield n spare parts for 10 mins the first time, after tt just need to wash with soapy water aft every use. So better not keep sterilizing the pump if not like mine 2 mths only damage Liao.

 
Hi all,

need some advice from experienced mummies:

Recently my girl has learnt how to turn 360 degrees but with her back still flat on her bed so I know she should be able to flip onto her stomach very soon. Just last night when I woke up to go to the toilet I found her sleeping facing the opposite direction from what I've placed her to sleep in, which means that she has turned one flat circle during the night without my knowledge. I suddenly have this worry that what if she flipped onto her stomach and is not able to return back while we're fast asleep. And the worse thing is my girl makes very little noise when she wakes up in the middle of the night, even when she's hungry and when nobody attends to her she'll just go back to sleep. I tried to google to see if sleep postioners could help prevent babies from flipping over but found many articles saying the sleep positioners ironically may even cause SID instead of preventing them. Does anyone have similar experience and what did you ladies do to cope? And if I were to put her in sarong (yaolan) will it help?

 
Kepsis

The soft shield can't be sterilized. The other parts all can... I even asked medela if I can use the microwave bags to sterilize the freestyle parts and they say can. Total life saver when I am back in the office. No need to bring lock n lock box. Just bring soap n wash it clean n microwave it clean!

 
springleaf: My boy also like that one.. first his head will face up and in the middle of the night, he will be upside down. My boy will normally hug his pillow to sleep sideway and then I will place a bolster at his back.. I think this way, he will have less possibility of flipping to his front during his sleep.

 
my bb last feed was this morning 1am 2oz only,she sleep thr until woke up @ 6.30am just drink 1oz & refused to drink anymore.



She stay awake until 11am and drink only 2oz,dont know what happened to her? dont want to sleep & dont want to drink also very cranky keep on want my mum to carry her whole day,put her on her bed den will cry non stop...How ar?

 
kepsis: same lor... my original fs softshield got a tear 2 days back... cuz I sterilize every pump. I bot spare softshield... but end up my output is drastically diff fr using my old shield!

so angry!!!

heng ive another pair of personalfit... then my output samesame as before... but I pref softshield cuz got massage... personalfit hardhard one. pain leh...



wondering y the output for my new softshield differs so much fr my old ones! grr....

 
sito: issit cuz ur bb stomach got wind or poopoo?

my boy tdy also bad mood... cuz lotsa wind in him...

applied ruyi oiln massage for him before he can slp.

u try?

 
Vivi: Noted.



North Mummies Lunch/Tea Gathering



Date: 10th Oct, Sunday

Venue: Mayim Chinese Cuisine, Northpoint

Time: 1.30pm



Attendees (7 pax):

1)Annie

2)Jastine

3)Keer13

4)Fanny

5)Sito x 3

 
Hey.. the last time round, there's a mummy who say would organise a gathering at her condo on 30th Oct.. is it still on?



I just remember that this is the Halloween month.. if the gathering is on.. maybe we can do a Halloween theme for the gathering.. sure very cute one.. haha!!

 
Springleaf: My boy is also like your girl. He sleeps with sleep positioner on his side also can turn (sleep positioner rotate together with him!). So I am now wondering whether I should just do away with the positioner. When I put my boy on his tummy, he is able to hold his head very high (90 degree). Hmmm....now i am not sure whether he will know how to do that if he flips himself one day.

 
Kepsis: yah loh. This morning feed him he only take 40ml at 730am and 930am. Then just now 1pm, he suddenly take 150 at one go. And after that mood very good. I’ll let u know next week after I see my PD. I’ve weighed him and he is still gaining weight.

 
kepsis: when I use my new softshield, output dropped abt 60%!! so halfway thru the pump I change to personalfit...

cuz still got lotsa milk in my nehneh...

so upsetting, dunno y my new shields sux.

 
marie - maybe the softshields out of shape already... mine also getting softer and softer, better get another set of personalfit soon....

 
i find softshields very painful to use. Whenever after pump, peeling the shield away from our nipples hurT!



So im now using the personal fit L size. Find it much more comfortable~!



oH i didnt know sterilizing will cause the softshields to turn yellow.. nowonder my old ones so yellow cos i sterilize after every use haha!

 
eliss: the strange thg is tat the out of shape softshield gimme good yield leh. lol!!

jac: I like softshield better leh... massage my nehneh... personalfit is painful leh... but now I'm using personalfit cuz I condemn my new softshields liao! hahah....

 
I tried using the pumping pal's breast shield, hard hard one, I find it painful lei. Tts y I dun dare to try anything else except softshield.

 
Jac: ya lor, I din know mine was so yellow until I receive my new soft shield today, suddenly I found my old ones disgustingly yellow!!!

 
Mommies using soft shield... Share w u my horror story about how dirty it is...



If u look at the soft shield, u wld noticed two parts which is sort of welded together... The plastic part And e rubber part. Remember to wash it well n mk sure no milk is accumulated around that part... I took a look at by soft shield n I was shocked to see how dirty it is... There seemed to be milk solids there n I was still using it to express milk! Am waiting for my personal fit to arrive n I will throw those soft shields away...

 
Northpoint meeting:

Everyone bringing bb along?



I brought bb out alone today to eat lunch with my colleagues. I didn't bring stroller, only use the sling. IT WAS A DISASTER! :p firstly, no where to put her down when I eat. Secondly, when she's awake, she wanna get out of sling. Thirdly, my girl is so heavy i carry until hand/arm/shoulder pain. :p



Kinda have phobia bringing her out alone...especially to eat! :p How I wish she's older than at least can sit on toddler chair. :p



anyway, I won't be bringing bb for the swim since I purchase the tub online le. (haven't get it though) Just eat lunch only :D

 
Jastine: Ya.. we will be bringing BB along.. I will bring pram.. if tired, just let BB rest inside lo.. Don't worry... you will get use to it soon.. so the few of us can help each other too.

 
Sweetkiss, I experienced milk blisters twice too. Went to see the lactation consultant who used a sterile needle to burst it. She also massaged the aerola to ensure that there is milk flowing out of the duct where the blister formed. She mentioned that it was very important to do this before latching on or pumping. I didn't pump then, but my baby latched on as usual to drain the breast. She said the milk blister formed due to poor latch-on, so I kept practising the latch-on. I also used the football hold as it targeted the area. Now, things are much better and I'm finally enjoying the breastfeeding and not worrying so much about whether my milk is enough, esp after attending the breastfeeding talk this morning. All the best with your breastfeeding!

 
Jastine: Ya.. bring hubby along lo. I also asking hubby to come. Hehe!! Nicole just told me she cannot go too cos got PS.



North Mummies Lunch/Tea Gathering



Date: 10th Oct, Sunday

Venue: Mayim Chinese Cuisine, Northpoint

Time: 1.30pm



Attendees (7 pax):

1)Annie x 2

2)Jastine

4)Fanny

5)Sito x 3

 
Ann

I need to go back to work on Sunday, can't join you and the rest this Sunday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
Jac: ya lor, I din know mine was so yellow until I receive my new soft shield today, suddenly I found my old ones disgustingly yellow!!!

 
Oh no.. getting lesser and lesser pple.. Jastine & Fanny.. you all wanna call it off? Maybe we meet another day.

 
Sweerkiss, I had a blister on my booby some time back too. It was so painful I couldn't sleep at night, the shooting pains were terrible! Like what Julie did, I used a sterile needle to prick the skin on the blister. The skin covers the milk duct thus blocking it, so pricking it allows the duct to be cleared. Pain was gone almost immediately.

 
omg you gals r so brave to prick yourself! The last time I had a milk blister, I went to see a LC who helped me... pain like anything!!!

 
Hello mommies,

I also have a jul baby, he is 13 weeks today. Seldom come to this thread, cos super busy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



springleaf,

dun worry. My #1 also turned a lot when he slept when he was a newborn. But somehow, he never ended up on his face in the middle of the nite. I think even when the babies are learning how to flip, they will not do it when they sleep at nite. The most they will do is sleep sideways. Only when they are older, and able to successfully flip to tummy, then they will change their sleeping positions from back to tummy throughout the nite.



My #2 is able to flip, but he doesn't flip onto tummy at nite too. What abt swaddling the baby? I think it will be more difficult for them to move about if they are swaddled.

 
Morning mommies,



How to get the baby to sleep sideways? I tried on my boy but he seems to feel kow-wek and ngek ngek. His backside is like too heavy to turn to the side. He always sleep on his back. Not sure if this will hinder him from learning to flip.

 
Ann, Vernie, Fairfield,

thanks for sharing. Yesterday, I tried tying a couple of bells to my bb's ankle so that when she moves I'll know. So far it works cos I could even hear her moving from the kitchen.

 
bbbliss>> I also tried to let my BB sleeps sideways (to prevent flat head) but always end up he'll sleep on his back.



I tried to put a bolster behind his back to support him sideways but still end up he'll shift here & there until sleep on his back again.



Wonder how the rest of the mummies do it?

 
Mrslong,



Yah lor. In fact my boy's head is flat on one side already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I keep positioning his head to the other side but he keeps turning back...even when he is asleep. How? Not nice already. I also let him sleep in sarong (old folks say can prevent flat head) but his head is still flat. I also scared he dunno how to flip cos he is always sleep on his back. I put him on the playmat but he dun like to lie there for too long. His fav place is the rocker. Duh...

 
Mrs long , bbliss

Yeah My CL tried to put the bolster thing but is it not dangerous? What happens if he turns back and the bolster stiffles him? My bb also sleeping till on side flat try to change sides but he now prefers head straight so starting to hve flat head liao

 
Claudia,



I also thought of using the bolster to support his back. Like u said, scared he suffocate when he turn. My boy's head is flat on the right side. Sigh

 
How abt using those pillows tat has a round dent in the middle so tat even if they sleep on their back, the round "hole" will prevent flat head.

 



Back
Top