CT: When did he take his jab? Usually fever will be gone after 2 days. Hope he’s better now. If your son is prone to fever after jab, you might want to take some preventive measures next time. For mine, we gave him a bit of pearl powder the night b4 the jab and immediately after the jab, we gave him a bit of water and upon reaching home, we feed him the fever medicine even b4 he develops any fever. I heard that some people feed barley instead of the pearl powder as well.
Ica: I’ve never had engorgement b4 even if I don’t pump for 8hrs. Last time my ss was on the low side but now it has went up and even surpass my son’s demand. My boobs are slightly on the bigger side but not sure if it has any relation. Every 3-4hr I can pump abt 120ml.
Taking care of bb after work resume: My ILs stay 10 min from my workplace. So in the morning, hubby will drive me & bb to ILs place. After work, I’ll go over to ILs to wait for hubby to come and have dinner and then bring bb home. I hope to bring bb home every night. But if sometimes we are busy or got other commitments, then we might leave the bb with ILs for 1-2 nights per week. When I was a kid, my parents could only bring me home during weekends, hence I don’t wish for the same for my dear son. Hence as much as possible I will bring my bb home.
Sleeping Thru the Night: My boy was sleeping through the night (woke up at 6.30-7am) for 4 consecutive nights but last night he woke up at 4.30am. Think he was quite moody yesterday cos he didn’t poo for 2 days (usually he poo everyday at least once) hence wasn’t so active in the day. Hopefully he’ll sleep thru tonight. I didn’t really train my son cos the very night I decided to start training him, he slept thru by himself. But what I did was, I feed him at 1030 then change his diaper and wipe him. Throughout this period, I keep talking to him and tell him he must be a good boy and sleep till morning. And then it just happened! I wanted to feed him a bit of water if he wakes up in the middle of the night and use pacifier etc to drag his feed but in the end there was no need. My fren used the “feed water” method on his son, recommended by another mommy, and it worked well for him.
Changing membrane and shield: For membrane I read that it’s every 3 months. But think also depends on how often you use it. So long as there’s no wear & tear and the suction is still ok, can continue using. For shield I don’t see a need to change it cos it seems pretty durable.