(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

ica: You only need to pull out 2 teeth, if i wanna put braces, i got to pull out 8 teeth. I rather not!!

 


Eliss: go to taka department store level 3 kids section. it's near the carters section. they have a few set of 3s. you can also get from mothercare.



hehe i've gone quite mad with getting hairbands especially on fb pages, my husband put me on a ban

 
Hi All, Any one using Medela Freestyle pump?



Can advice if it can be sterilised using Philips Avent steam steriliser? Also, do we need to clean away the water droplets prior to assembly and use?



Also I would like to check if it is necessary to clear away the water droplets inside the milk bottles after sterilising.



Thanks.

 
mrslong: panadol is safe for breastfeeding. However, my doc say any kind of medication, just to be safe, allow 2-3hrs prior to breastfeeding or pumping. Hence my doc say, feed/pump already then eat. 2-3hrs later most prob will be the next feed liao so its safe. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Michelle: I dun use Medela pump, but regarding cleaning away the water droplets, I don't. Cause the water droplets are actually pure steam which condense on the surface so it should be clean. I normally just shake the bottle to get rid of excess water droplets, whatever that is inside I don't touch.

 
Michelle

I'm using medela freestyle ,I use the bottle liquid soap to wash it and hot water to sterlise it,wipe dry and use. I never put in avent sterilizer coz the bottle seems plastic afraid will get spolit easily

 
teething babies..



i saw alot of mummies here having teething babies aready...



just to share wat i went thru for the pass 2 weeks.



bb like to look at fist n play with it, it's normal as their vision is nt as gd yet but near things like hands they can see clearly n wil play with them as it's new ....they can now see lights like TV and even recognise parents n ppl around by shadows n their hearing are also better n getting who is who too..



refusing to drink milk...i had to battle with my little boy almost every milk session now due to his teething stage. they will have the urge to chew on their fingers and even suck very hard on the hand. don't mistaken this for hunger..it's just gums itchy...oh ya...nth works esp his fingers n fist tt put into his mouth...nt even pacifier..donit to see doc doc de lah..get cooling oralgel frm pharmacy then put in frige n apply for them.



as for how to feed bb, i will make the milk slightly nt so warm n feed him...coz the heat in the milk make him more grouchy...



things to note: bb will salivate alot, might develop fever, use fingers/hands to rub the gums or face...<--sleepy also will like tt but on the face n eyes.



hopes this helps the worried mummies.

 
Baby sleep

Supposedly babies ard 3mths should b sleeping 12-15hours but my boy seems to be sleeping less. Day time naps are only abt 30mins sometimes good 1hr.. Rest of the time sucking fingers and scratching eyes and face.

Any mummy experiencing the same? Any ideas how to make them sleep better?

Night he usually will sleep but not enough also I think. Will wake up and kick as scratch face and suck... Even tho not crying for milk

 
Junie,

Impt is to keep baby's skin hydrated. Don't further dry it up by frequent wiping.



Once u wipe him, u must immediately moisturise to lock the moisture in. If skin is dry, he will feel the itch then start scratching.. then scratching causes more itch and it just keeps going on.



Also, use cooled boiled water. Heat triggers the rash too.



My #2 on and off will have bad rash on his scalp. I wash his head and face with cetaphil. Then use cotton ball to gently rub off the dried skin. Lastly I use the cooled boiled water to rinse his head. A bit cold but he is used to it already.



Hope it helps.

 
Claudia,

Have u tried giving ur bb pacifier? I find tat my boy sleeps better while on his side. Pacifier would help on the urge to suck, thus sleep better too.

 
sleeping through the nite

Hi Mummies,



any bb still cannot sleep thru the nite? My bb is going to be 3 months old next week. He still wakes up at @3am for feed, then later at @7am. His last feed at nite is usually 11.30pm. Are there any ways to train him? I have not intro pacifier yet, so I cant use it to pacify him. Also, is difficult to let him to continue to cry for milk as his cries are really v loud..do bb auto learn to sleep thru the nite?



5 in 1 jab

My pd said that 5 in 1 jab for bb will have lesser chances of getting fever than 6 in 1..is it true..?

 
Peeps, we have an impromptu lunch at Raffles Hotel royal china for dim sum at 12pm tomorrow (7th Sept). welcome you to join us (Pris, Phy, Marie, Irene, Jac), with or without baby...

 
Sun tan

Yeah he is on pacifier... Recently he rather suck his fingers tho... But cannot sleep... Keep sucking drifting to sleep sucking drifting....

Dun dare to put on side leh... Scared sid?



How many hours roughly does urs sleep in total?



Eliss...

Would love to but have prior arrg Tom.. Pls lemme know next time there is another weekday get together! Haven't had dim sum in a loooong while! Enjoy ! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
actually my girl has been sucking on her fists too.. i tot she was teething but when i went to ask my PD, she said babies dun teeth so early. she said the earliest teething baby she seen is 4 mths. my gal also refuse to drink on certain periods. sometimes she will drink halfway then suddenly cry and refuse to drink...



charliebrown: my bb is sleeping thru the nite now, i did not train her at all.. initially she wld ask for milk at 4am and i will latch her, but less than 10 mins she fall back to sleep. slowly she dropped that 4am feed. her last feed is 9-10pm and her next feed is 7am.



regarding the jab, my PD said so too. so i chose 5-in-1, but i took up the rotavirus and pneumoccocal so she had 2 jabs and 1 oral vaccine in a day. my pd said 10% of babies will have fever. but luckily mine was fine.



btw mummies, my bb suddenly hates bathing! she will cry when i wash her head. put her into tub she will be ok. then after bathing, she will cry all the way and refuse to put on clothes! if wear rompers, worse cos she will cry very badly. i dunno why!!! checked her head and body but nothing wrong.. it's been 1 mth already and she's still like that.. that's why i nv put her in infant care too coz scared the ppl there dunno her pattern then let her cry non-stop..

 
hee Eliss, will like to join if time allows, do you have to rush back to work or ur lunch is flexi?

I've never seen any of u all before, will you all find it awkard to have a "newbie" joining...?

 
me starting work tmr and my mum just brought my baby back so i can have a gd rest tonite... But in less than 5 min after they left, i am crying non stop! I have nv been apart from her since she was born. She sleeps with me every nite, and when i wake up, she will look up at me and smile every morn.. Sorry for being so emo here but i think i am gonna have a hard time adapting to lesser time with her. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
sweetkiss u dont so emo emo... contagious... for the longest time lor 3 nites i nv slp with bb. The best i can do is rush to my mum home after work then feed 1 time and go home liao... Reach home these few days alrdy coming 12am...

 
quartzie.. Think we can hug together and cry... My tears still falling. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] u nv bring bb home at nite? Cos i'll be fetching her every nite.. but still sad cos now when i wake up for work, she'll be sleeping and i cant see her smiling beside me liao..

 
Sweetkiss

My baby does that during bathing occasionally too! Is it the timing of the bathing? Think my baby does that when I bathr him when he is tired. Sometimes in tub also cry.

 
Claudia>> my boy also similar like your BB. Last time he can sleep during the daytime alot and easily but nowadays very hard to get him to nap. And when he does, it's less than an hr. He also keep scratching his face & eyes.



Re: Sleeping thru the nite

My baby still wakes up for his feed in the middle of the night, sometimes up to 2 times a nite (e.g. 1am, 4am). Tried to stuff pacifier when he cries at times but think he's hungry so still spit the pacifier out. Dunno how to train him leh...}

 
Mrs long -

Yeah today baby scratch until his ear bleed!



Re sleep thru the nite

Altho my baby can last 5-6 hours at nite he will still wake up in-between suck his fingers n eh eh eh.. I dun feed him m juz pat pat give pacifier... At worst carry him. Actually like that more tiring than feeding cuz can b up for 1-2 hours! But hopefully he gets the idea and sleep thru eventually

 
claudia,

poor baby.. how come scratch so hard?? finger nails too long le??



my boy also scratch hin face, his thigh, his body, his arms -- all red red le, sometimes abit swollen with abit bleediing.. been so tiring to check his nails.. lol~~ i am a lazy mummy.. hai~~ alway kena warning from hubby.. sianz~~ but i have got no one to help me to hold on to bb hand... >_<||| alway have to do it right after his bath.. or during bf'ing.. lol~

 
Sweetkiss then at least u better than me... Everyday at least got bb slping beside u... For the whole of my maternity ar, everyday I got awakened by her nah nah nah in the morning lor makes me smile early in the morn. Now everyday the sickening hp alarm, wake up will feel sad sad.



Hershey: not very far but no car so need take mrt and bus... But my work place v far some more long working hrs lor 8.30 to 6.30pm.

 
Thanks fazzy, Came back fr pd, she say it's not oral thrush, the white patch is normal ask me not to worry, n she prescribe probiotics (similar to yakult) say will help improve his appetite, she say he should be drinking at least 700ml now, my boy only drinks abt 600.



Lazery: how old is ur bb when that happen?

 
hi quartzie - dun worry about the first meeting, we all gone thru that b4. If you really coming, just drop me an sms at 97238487...



Pris/Irene/Phy/Marie - i try my best to reach there at 12pm cuz i wanna pump first....

 
claudia: my bb does nt have a fixed bathing time... i always bathe her 1 hr after her feed, sometimes if she sleepy, i let her slp then bathe her in the afternoon..



hershey: i think so too but dunno wad was it that frightened her. cos so far i handling her was ok. she also cries the moment i unbutton her shirt or wipe her in the evening. water temp i used a bb bath thermometer too..



i stay near my parents but still a few bus stops away n no car also.. somemore by the time i reach is 7plus pm le..



quartzie: got gd and bad... my mum also nt in gd heath to tk care day n nite.. so after work i need to squeeze remaining time to do housework n look after bb.



packing my stuff to get ready to work tmr... v sian leh! dread gg to work! i realize i have to wake up 30min earlier to sterilize pump, pump milk, wash n sterilize again, then pack everything to work! n my pump is the medela PIS, quite bulky..

 
Jastine: I actually have a brand new katespade diaper bag (Thompson Street Stevie Silver Bag), comes with matching changing mat. If you are interested do let me know! I bought @ $368 selling for $340 with free delivery to ur place! It also comes with the original dust bag to keep the bag inside. =]

 
sweetkiss : *hug* I can understand how you feel. We are almost on the same boat. Coz my bb very hard to take care thats why my mum brought her back to take care. My mum took care of many babies le.. but she said my baby is the most difficult and she never see one like her before [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] When my hubby is away..then I will dump maid alone at home and come back mum's place to stay so that i can take care of my own bb. In the beginning.. I alwaz cry myself to sleep leh. Now every morning I will carry my pump n dash to mum's place and come back after my bb's last feed which is abt 10-11pm. I am hoping and praying that I can bring her back n take care myself. Once she start drinking her milk then I can bring her back le! She is still waking up at abt 1am, 3am and 6am. The only prob is she refuse to drink but is hungry so she will cry n cry.. there was once I was so so tired that I couldnt take it and fell asleep while pat pat her! What a lousy mother i am..think my bb cried herself to sleep! And my hubby simply refused to wake up. After this incident.. I never resist and let mum bring bb back to take care... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
Jaclyn: thanks, but I will wanna order online, seems a lot cheaper. :p



AK: Pm u le. Anyway, dun be upset. babies at this age are all difficult to handle. slowly, b4 u know it, they r teenagers le and start to talk back to u. :p *haha*

 
Atomickitten: *hug hug*! u are not a lousy mum! all mums are wei da! i believe u already did all u can le. sometimes i do feel like giving up too when the bb cries non-stop and i just dunno wad she wants. she also refused milk during one period of time and i was worried sick. sometimes she managed to drink but halfway she wld cry and cry and vomit a lot of milk out again. it is gd that ur mum is helping, better than having all the stress to urself, else u will suffer physically and mentally, also not very gd to take care of bb in that condition rite? do u latch ur bb? i rem u mentioned abt trying many types of teats.. wad abt latching her more often? cos bb might feel more secure if she knows mummy is beside her. hopefully it is just a phase that ur bb will outgrow soon.

 
Just home not long ago. Reach my mum side, bb crying away. My mum say carry her cannot, put her in yaolan she don want, feed her she push away the teat with her tongue then fa pi qi...my granny say she miss me la... *heart squeezed* xin tong tong. Faster carry & pat pat her till she slp. Don't know how long more I have to continue like dat *sobz*

 
Claudia,

Not sure how many hrs my boy sleeps..but sometimes if lying on his side, he can sleep 2hrs+, but sometimes he can dun sleep between 2 feeds, ie 3 hrs. His record for staying awake is 5hrs!



As for nite time. My boy normally wakes up at 3~4am+ and 6-7am+. For the past few nite, we r trying to train him to drop the 3~4am+ feed by giving him pacificer. For today, he still havent wake up crying yet..hopefully it will last till 6am+. Keeping *finger cross*

 
Anyone else has sent their kids to IFC? My girl has been in IFC for about a month now (since I started working - took 12 weeks of ML first) and I noticed that she sleeps better throughout the night.



She will whine for night feed while her eyes are still closed so I just latch her on and then continue sleeping.



She's been taking EBM since she was in IFC (used to latch fulltime) but now I kinda worry that she might need to take in more as she grows- the need to supply is scaring me especially since my milk supply varies from time to time. Am using medela freestyle now. Wonder if the breastpump affects how much milk one will be able to yield.

 
Hershey - yah nails quite long they grow v fast and I alone at home (like u?) so quite hard to cut nails for him so usu wait till weekend... But think better not b lazy cuz juz noticed nails bit dirty and he always sucks fingers nowadays! Heh



Sun tan - thanks! How u train the nite? I see him in angst I very xing tong! Last I decided to do full swaddle on him again hoping he can sleep longer and not wake up after 2hrs... Abit longer lah... So maybe will try this method!



Ak / quartzie / sweetkiss -

Hang in there really kudos to you all! I really can't imagine working, having to pump, having to look after bb after work! Am stay at home and I think quite difficult liao!

Anyways, best b upbeat since bb can detect when mummy's upset.... Guess it's easier said than done but when feeling down can focus on somethin happy?

 
Sun tan- does pacifier work to stop nite feeding? Do let us know~ My bb woke up several times today- @3am..I din feed him and pat him to sleep..then he woke up again at 4.30am..crying v loud for milk..I gave in and fed him. Then he woke up this morning at 7am plus. I was still zzing..haiz..so hard to train him to kick the nite feeding.

 
sweetkiss: Yes i got latched. But i realised my gal very gentle in her sucking n prob that;s why my supply keep dropping despite me latching her very often when she was younger. So now I pumped n bottle feed. But since she refused milk, I would let her suckle until half asleep then I use bottle to feed her with formula. sometimes work sometimes doesnt!



quartzie : *hugz* you must be feeling so heartpain that bb cried for you. It happened to me before but before long.. my gal got so used to ah ma that she cried when i carried her! Then I got more heartpain and I cried even more! sigh.. On a positive note.. we should count our blessing as we ve our own mothers to take care of our bb right?

 
Last night, my baby slept at 9.30pm after milk till 4am in the morning. He cry abit and I woke up to put on the pacifier for him so as to make him sleep longer. Then I couldn't find the pacifier anywhere in the cot, he was crying louder.. the only thing I could do is carrying him up and carry him back to sleep. After carrying him up, then I spotted the pacifier location. Quickly pop it back into his mouth and put him down for him to carry on sleeping. At that moment, I wonder is there any pacifier that will glow in the dark so that I can locate it faster next time round. Always have difficulty finding it at night cause kanna hide by baby.



Sleeping at night: Now my baby can sleep for about 6hrs before waking up for milk... and I have been pushing his last feed forward and forward. Last time, last feed is at 11pm then he wake up at 3am which I quickly put him back to sleep. Then I push forward to 10pm and now is 9.30pm. But he will wake up around 4am. So I guess he is sleeping longer hours. After 4am, then I cannot drag le. These 2 nights, he will wake up and open his eyes big big and look at me. Then I will tell him "ok, mummy will give you milk".. then he will give me a big satisfied smile like he had won the battle. Haha!!! So funny.

 
Jastine - IFC no air-con? the person in-chg from my boy IFC told me that is one of MCYS rule to have air-con for infant leh... therefore for his centre only the childcare are in the non-aircon environment..

 
AK: Stop telling yourself that you are a bad mummy. Must be positive. You are a good mum or else you won't be worried or get upset when your girl rejected you. Be more patience.. your girl will know the love you have for her. You will see positive result soon.

 
Thanks AtomicKitten! yar i oso worried a bb no "lub lub" me liao, "lub" ah ma more. My coll oso say got mummy help me look after so good 身在福中不知福。。。 i so appreciate got my mum help but make me feel as if i not responsible lidat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



SweetKiss 1st day of work, jia you! Hope the day at work get over fast for us [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Quartzie: That's why I insist on bringing BB back every night during weekdays. But then I also need to do washing and housework.. so one night per week sure put at in law house so that I can do housework during weekday. Then weekend, can concentrate on my little one more. Haha!!



Jia you ba.

 


Ak, so long never see you here. Don't be discouraged, I think you're doing a great job. Initially my bb also prefer my mom or hubby to carry her. And it did make me feel very sad. But now that my mom's not in Sgp & hubby busy working, she's gotten used to me carrying her. So when you're ready to take your baby back home, you'll see, she'll be ok with you again.

 

Back
Top