(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

ica: Haha!! It's really hard to stop yourself from buying since all the girl clothings are so adorable. Luckily I have a boy, so not as much to buy. But when I see nice clothing I will still feel like buying for him. Then I keep telling myself he has alot of clothes le. Not enough toys.. so concentrate on seeking for good toys and books. Haha!!

 


Haha ica I also buy alot from the bp, burn a hole in my pocket but opening the mail package is like opening presents, always make me kan jiong see the real stuff!

 
Ann,

haha! ya lor, it's not like my girl goes out every day and also they'll outgrow the clothes very fast. but some boy's clothings are also very cute. i saw this tuxedo romper - very adorable [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i also started a mini library for my girl. hehe



btw, how was the concert? nice?

 
quartzie,

haha! true, true - just like getting a nice pressie in the mail. ok lah, i must stop going to the BP section

 
ica: Concert is nice but then me & hubby were so tired that we left halfway. Was fighting a battle with baby the night before so wasn't in the best form to watch an entire concert. Haha!! The beer sold is so expensive.. $10 per can.. and so yucky that hubby drink a little more than half and he threw it away le. Waste money on the beer.

 
Ica, where did you see the tuxedo romper from? Sourcing for clothes for my baby to wear to my brother's wedding.



Ann, how true is that saying! I noticed that my baby started to salivate more at the same time my hair is falling! Do scary to wash hair now.

 
I think it is a norm for our hair to fall off more.



Pregnant women have a heightened level of progesterone and estrogen. When these levels drop suddenly after delivery, this causes their hair to slip into the resting or telegen stage. Once the child has been born, the “resting” hair follicles begin to fall out. Most commonly, hair loss after pregnancy occurs between three and six months after pregnancy.



That's why we are starting to lose more hairs now.

 
Ello mummies,

i have a question to ask..



I am using avent brand.. But my boy does not seem to enjoy the avent's teat.. Is there any other teat's brand that suit avent??

 
my boy been playing saliva since birth.. Now is like drooling.. But he does not show any sign of teething now..



Been training my boy to drink from bottle, but he do not enjoy it... hai~~



I feel that my BM is going down...

what should i do???

 
hershey, do you take fenugreek? i find that helps me. my bb also doesn't like to drink from bottle. we've been trying to get her used to it by giving her the bottle once a day. but must admit, sometimes it's just easier to latch her. quite heart breaking to see her cry when we give her the bottle.

 
Hershey: What I would do if i felt my BM was going down.. is to increase the pumps and decrease the duration of the pumps. As for teats, I believe they are all interchangeable. Can use pigeon's, medela's and Nuk's... should be all also can as the bottles r quite standard.

 
babycoco, sory may i noe what is fenugreek?? lol~~ I know you all have been discussing this thing... What form is it in?



Jaclyn, very agree.. so heartpain to see them cry while we force them to drink from bottle..

but now my boy is clever.. he nv struggle, nv cry, nv split out the milk.. he just lay down in our arm and stare blank into the air and use his tongue to play with the teat.. hahahah~~

 
dropping of hair...i still not droping much hair yet..still so thick n hot...bb had been salivating like nobody business too...but i can see the little teeth on the way liao..



hoping some of the hair will drop n bk to my thin hair days...so hot leh...

 
Ann

If your bb is drinking well,no diarrhea etc.. Den can monitor a few days before seeing a Pd.



My bb was having diarrhea last week and refused to drink that's why I bring her to see Pd last week,den Pd check her gums and said my bb is teething!

 
Kat,

i saw it here. err, not quite tuxedo, but close enough

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4542355.html?1285766149



babycoco,

according to Avent, every 3 mths but if you feel/see that the teat has become too soft or texture not quite right to the touch, can change oredi



you know what? i just found out that pacifiers need to be changed every 4 wks. adoi! my baby has been sucking on hers since birth and i happily thot that it could last for 3 mths. so i quickly change and today she's a bit cranky - she misses her old friend



lasery,

you wouldn't want that. just tie up your hair for the time being. thick is nice

 
babycoco: I using avent teats and now i'm using teat no.2. My girl is 9 weeks. According to avent, teat 2 can use up to 3 months. :D But I plan to change to teat 3 soon as I find my girl sucking very hard at the teat already.



Hersey: Same! I feel that my girl also dun seems to enjoy avent teat!!! I had a Pigeon bottle as a gift and I used it once and she seems to enjoy it more, so now I will use that 1 and only Pigeon bottle most of the time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



I planning to get another Pigeon bottle or should I just get a Pigeon teat? Pigeon teats also got different sizes one right?



Jaclyn: Is it true that most teat can fit with avent? I tried, it sort of can fit but a tiny bit loose loose. I scare milk will leak out when bb feeding.

 
Pacifier: Really? I never know need to change every 4 weeks lei.. I just happily using it. I thought as long as the teat not spoil and I do sterilise it then no need to change. I was still thinking wait till my boy bigger like 4 to 5 mths then change the pacifer to a bigger one cause now I am using the 0-3mths one.



Sito: My baby is back to normal after my FIL "complain" to me in the morning. I think he heard la and scared mummy at night come and scold him so he afternoon very good boy. Haha!!

 
Irene, I am staying at red hill area.

My gal has been salivating and playing with her bubbles too.

I also realized that I drop more hair now.



My gal always rub her eyes and i have to keep her mittens on most of the time. Any of your babies do also? I wanna if it is really itchy or just a habit.

 
valerie: My girl also always rub her eyes, hence i will make sure her names are short!



I dun let her wear mittens for quite some times already. Because I heard at this age (9 weeks old) they will start to learn how to grab things. So if wear mittens, it will delay their learning.

 
valerie /jastine : my bb also 9 weeks old n always rub his eyes too .. he rub so hard until eyes red red . any prob or normal ?

 
My bb is going to be upset with the 4 weeks change of pacifier...

Thks ica for the info, my girl using hers since week 3 lor, must faster change.

Better tell my sis in law, think my nephew de at least six months le haven't change

 
changing of teat i think for the the teat changing might not be a must-do thing ba.. As long as the teat does not seem to be anything wrong than can liaoz ba.. :D heehee~~



hair falling my falling of hair start right after my birth.. now have gone back to normal le.. lol~~



avent's teat vs other brand of teats so does it mean that all teat are useable on avent wan?? lol~~ if so i might consider change to other brand, see my boy want to drink from bottle not.. lol~~



rubbing of eyes even since my boy know hows to move his little fingers toward his mouth.. his eyes alway red red de.. coz he keep rubbing.. and scratching.. and almost dig his eye ball out like tat.. hai~~ >_<||| move his hand alway he angry.. so whenever his finger nails are short, i will not let him wear mitten.. but most of the time i put mitten on.. just in case he scratch too hard..



gathering i still need to confirm again.. coz sunday my gal got music lesson.. lol~

 
mittens

I stopped letting my boy wear mittens since he was like 3 weeks old.. haha save me some washing too



Now he is learning to grab the dangling toys before his eyes... recently he developed this habit of putting his fist in front of him and chat to it! Haha, hilarious to watch him talk to his fist [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



I'm quite lazy.. not been letting him do more tummy time.. so he still can't lift up his head well.. he's going to be 12wks old this Saturday... Well, guess his head is heavy coz he has a big head.. His gor gor's head even bigger thus he could only lift up his head ard 3mth plus.



I salute mothers who could go out with a toddler and a baby in pram and go onto the MRT trains.. I did it today with the help of my mil.. totally not easy! We had fun but really beat. It was only a 4-hour 'excursion' for us..



Changing of teats

I change every 3 mths.. for latex, I change monthly

 
Sorry Ann, can't make it on the 10th got a wedding brunch to attend. If time allows I might go catch a glimpse of u all & the babies. Do keep me posted on the timing and itinerary yar [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
I also can't handle my bb,only can carry awhile and play play with her only.

I have not bathe for my bb from birth til now coz not confident so far only sit beside my hb or mum when they bathe her *_*

 
Breast Milk storage: Is there any breast milk storage bags that i can use to pump directly from my medela freestyle pump? Which brand is good?



Saw you all talking about buying books for bb, thought they too young to read?

 
Latex teat (NUK) : How do you all steriize? I tried using Avent steam sterilize, tried using sterilizing tablets both caused the teat to change colour after few days, so gave up now i dun sterilize, just was with warm soapy water but i realise the colour also change! Is it normal??

 
Hershey : mine too .. The way bb rubs his eyes like his gonna dig em out .. Errr .. A bit scary le when i see him rubbbb rubbbb .. Think the only solution is to keep his finger short n try on put mittens on n off hor

 
Ann : got to know from a dentist friend that bb usually show sign of teething btw 4 to 7 mths .. Perhaps ur bb is an early bloomer .. To distinguish " white spot" due to teething or other conditions ( mainly oral candidiasis - very common with bb ) there r 2 main factors to consider :

1. Location - first teething seen in lower front teeth

2. The ability to remove white spot with gauze- can't do so if teething

 
Regarding the gathering on 30 oct, any of your hubbies going? My hubby dun mind joining but would be weird if he is alone.



Anyone knows if the ice pack from medela last the whole day?



Phy, my gal recently keep staring at her left fist. Dunno why also. Dunno issit itchy. She had quite a bad rash after trying Nan H.A so now I am giving her Isomil.

 
NUK TEAT



Latex teats are softer, more resemblance to our nipple texture. Silicon is slighter firmer. Latex teats CANNOT be in the steriliser (dry heat), will spoil with rubber burning smell...can sterilise in boiling water for a few mins.



Depends on your BB, my BB prefer silicon than to latex...

 
Hershey: I am using the NUK teat for wide neck bottle with Avent bottle. I think you should try NUK teats since you have been latching all these while as NUK teat is specially shaped such that baby will suck similar to the way he latch. Fenugreek is a kinda herb which is used as health supplement. It helps to increase milk supply. Commonly sold in places like GNC & Nature’s Farm but it would be cheaper to get it through BP. I get my supplies from http://lovegreeneumma.blogspot.com/ You can also go to Sheng Siong to buy fenugreek seed and boil with water to drink. I heard it’s only 60cents for 1 packet of fenugreek seed and can boil a few times.



Kat: this website has some tuxedo romper for bb but more for 12-18months. I remember seeing tuxedo rompers from other websites but also for bb when they are at least 1 yr old so I nvr buy.

http://goods.gmarket.com.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=400810457&sid=187



Valerie: oh redhill is a familiar area to me. I stayed there when I was a kid and now I work in the area and my PIL stay there too. Maybe can meet up in future =)



Phy: thanks for sharing that rubbing eyes is a sign that bb is tired. Felt so enlightened. =) But my boy sometime even tired also don’t want to sleep, just wanna play.



Kepsis: I don’t think there is any that is compatiable with freestyle. Even medela’s pump & save is compatiable with all medela’s pump except freestyle.

 
morning mummies



want to check with you if you baby has kena flu? my BB is down with flu since Monday and the GP only gave nose drops on Tues...not sure if its really effective cuz after two days liaoz... her flu still not well. Was thinking if I should go back to the GP or change to PD?

 
Irene, currently I am staying with my parents. Early Next yr will be shifting to boon keng Already when my house is ready. Everything coming at once. Baby plus Reno.



Hershey: Domperidone is also another alternative to boost milk supply. Can either get from gynae or GP.

 
Teats:

I tried Pigeon wide neck teat with avent bottle and it fit and doesn't leak! :D



So if i were to get a NUK teat, and I want to sterilize in my avent sterilizer, I will need to get the latex one?

 
Kepsis,

Baby can't read yet but you can read to your baby. i bought books coz i wanted to start a bedtime routine for my baby. it's very rewarding every time your baby looks at you and treat you like you're her best friend in the world and you have all her attention. try it and you'll know what i mean. it's a very nice feeling [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Sito,

initially i was also like you, no confidence and only watch when my mom bathed her. dun be afraid - just remember to keep calm. the 1st time i did it, i was so afraid she'd slip thru. now your baby should be easier to handle, so try lah. can ask your hubby to help you support her for your 1st time? very fun to watch, and you'll also get to know what your baby will like or dislike [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] like my baby, when we shampoo her hair, she'll move her head left and right coz she wants to make sure that we dun miss out any part! oh, we wear an apron when bathing my baby - dun want our clothes to get wet. hahaha!

 
Sito: I am not sure where to eat too. I only know Xin Wang.. haha!! You have any suggestion?



Mummies who are going for gathering on 10th Oct



If we go Xin Wang, is it ok? It's been a long time since I step into Northpoint. If you all have better suggestion, do voice out. Thanks. If everyone is ok, I will call up or drop by to make reservation during weekend.



North Mummies Lunch/Tea Gathering



Date: 10th Oct, Sunday

Venue: Xin Wang Cafe, Northpoint

Time: 1pm



Attendees:

1)Annie

2)Jastine

3)Keer13

4)Fanny

5)vivi

 
Sito: I agreed with ica. You should try bathing your baby. It is a joy that you would not want to miss. When I start bathing my baby, he was screaming like hell. Not that I am hurting him but he just dun like to be bath.. but his scream didn't put me off. I just continue to try and try.. till now I know what he like when he bathe. Now bathing to him is an enjoyment, everytime you see him smile when bathing, it feels like a big achievement.





Irene: My baby when tired also keep rubbing his eyes one and ears too. I think most babies are like that when they tired.

 
Swim diapers: Anyone know where to get swim diapers? Thinking of bringing baby for a swim at Hwa Xia this Sunday, so wanting to buy one.

 
Ann,

think Hwa Xia sells them, too. $1.50 each if i'm not wrong but brand unknown - it's stated on their website



babycoco,

are huggies swim diapers good? won't leak?

 


Ica, seems ok, didn't hear any complaints from my sil. Can request for free samples from huggies. What books do you buy for your bb? I think it's a great idea to read to our bb.



Eliss, we called our pd when our bb kept sneezing, coughing. She said if no fever, bb still feeding & sleeping as per normal, no need to bring her in. Luckily after 2 days her sneezing, coughing stopped.

 

Back
Top