(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Any hubby or mummy smoke here? My hubby smokes, and I am paranoid with his cigarette smell. I also nag at him to bathe and wash hands..I also cant stand my own nagging, haha. but he sometimes will forget to wash hands when carrying bb, or drag till late then bathe after coming home..stressed about this too..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 


charliebrown: my hubby smokes!!! He will wash hand when carrying bb. But the smoke smell will still be on his body!! Ask him to bathe he will complain tired. At first I'm very particular, I will keep nagging... now i dun really bother.

 
I have agreement with my hb that he must feed bb every night coz he made me pregnant he must pay for the price haha! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Hi sito then he really every night feed? So envious, before I pop out my hb oso say he will do this, will do that... But in the end all I do lo. Hee partly becos I don trust him in handling also ops!

By the way how old is ur bb? I just saw ur flip video! Fantastic! Mine far from it.

 
My hubby will feed the last meal b4 my girl sleep, which is ard 11-12midnight. If bb wakes up in the middle of the night, I will just bf her lying down. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Any mummies notice ur bb very very attached to you? at night, my parents n in laws will wanna carry her, but she will scream n cry like no tmr. Then will i take over she will stop. Then few min later she will fall asleep then i pass her to someone, she will cry again!!!! i wanna take a break also cannot. Sometimes we will just let her cry. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



Is it true that if we let her cry in other pple's arm, she will slowly get used to other pple carry?? I gg to work soon, so scared she cry coz cannot find mummy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
Quartzie,

My edd is 4 July but I had c section on 14 June coz can't walk due to pelvis super painful



My bb is already 3 months old

 
re: hb helping out.



my hb very enthu during my #1 time. #2 he juz rely on me. asked him to feed milk he will say bb dun want to drink and throw away half of it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
North Mummies Lunch/Tea Gathering



Date: 10th Oct, Sunday

Venue: Northpoint

Time: 1pm



Attendees:

1)Annie

2)Jastine

3)Keer13

4)Quartzie (TBC)

5)Fanny

6) vivi

 
Hi gals been busy with boy & online game on iPhone. Hehe. 2nd day massage with mdm Ida. Her strength gd, relaxing.



Ann, she ask abt u whether u r ok? Cuz the last time u were very stress.. Also wanna ask her massage is 1hr or 1& half Hr?

 
Ceres: Oh... i am better now.. lesser stress and BB more manageable or maybe I am more use to him... Hehe.. tell her thanks for her concern. I think massage is about 1hr and sometime abit more ba. Why lei?



I just received an email from my boss secretary that I won a pair of tickets to the Simply Red Farewell concert for tonight. Frankly I don't know who he is but hubby seems to know and say he very famous during 80s & 90s. Should be my time then but still no idea who he is. Anyway, since tonight in law helping us take care of BB, so we decided to go for the concert. I so big le, I have never been to a concert lei. Haha!!! Very mountain tortoise hoh.

 
Sito: If not because I win the tickets, I won't have gone for any concert cause I find the tickets are very expensive and I could eat alot of things with the same amount of money. Hehe!!

 
Ann,

Enjoy your concert. I think Simply Red sang "if u dun know me by now". Ya very popular song. Ha! U can guess how ancient I am lah. During my time there was the NKOTB craze [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Ann: NKOTB - New Kids On The Block - a popular American boyband in the early 90s....haha...i am also ancient like ica....hee!

 
Haha!!! I think New Kids On The Block is more familiar to me than Simply Red. I heard of them before... I think.. Haha!! Ok.. I am just lousy with singers.

 
Today brought my bb to c Pd again coz after 5 days of medication bb diarrhea is not getting better,today is 10th day of diarrhea already.

Brought bb stools to Pd clinic and sent for lab test,pray that bb is ok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
Quartzie

after my confinement aunt left,my hb has been taking care and wake up every nite 2-3 times to feed bb without fail even though I got a maid.



The maid came for 2 months already but don't even know how to proper housechores and I don't want her to take care bb in the day or nite time.my mum take care of my bb in the day den nite time my hb take care

 
Babycoco

My bb is on my bm 3 times aday and isomil soy 3 times so half half



Tbm bb stools are watery so nothing to worry,but if it's unusual from bb normal stools den have to c doctor

 
Hi sito, 10 days of diarrhea really is worrying lo, what did the doctor say? Dr teo not around hor, tink he's back only on the 7th...

Heng ur hubby helps out... Xing fu...

 
Today went to baby bear clinic,the relief Pd is a lady but so different from dr teo.



I brought my bb into the dr room and the lady dr seems so rush talking to me and said my bb sample stools looks normal

to her but will send it to lab tests anyway,and send me out of her room just like tat,did not even to take a look at my bb or check her stomach!



During the payment time,it's $95 I was so shocked , I just paid $95 last week and come back for review and have they charge me $95 again!



The nurse break down and said consultation $35,lacteol fort $15, lab tests $45 total $95..

 
Breast milk:

Just want to ask what kind of sickness mummy contracted then cannot BF bb??



I did ask my gynae b4, he say it's OK to BF bb if mummy is sick, cause mummy will develop antibodies which will protect bb etc. But is there any exception?



Cause I'm having HIGH fever now (39 deg!!), don't know if my BM is safe for bb to drink?

 
Hi mummies, I saw the video gathering on facebook. So many babies together. So fun[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] maybe I could join in next time when I am more confident to bring my baby out.

These days I only go out with baby with my hubby. My baby is quite a heavy weight. Just turned two months and already 6.4kg.



I wanna know if anyone notice that their expressed milk curdle a little after refrigerating it?

 
Jastine: Do take good care of yourself. I done a google for you on your question and this is what I had found. " You pass antibodies and your immunities to the baby, that is why if you have a sickness it's better to keep nursing your baby so that the baby will not get sick, or not get as sick as he would have." and " High Fever in itself is not a cause to stop breastfeeding. High fever alone does not harm breast milk." Hope it is of help to you.



Teething: I would like to know if my boy is teething. He is salivating alot and sometime to the extent he would choke on his saliva. Since yesterday, he has been making a big fuss when drinking millk. Last night, he stay over at my in law place and he woke the whole family up with his fussing. My father in law asked me if he is teething. Me & hubby did suspect he is teething but we are not very sure. Thus would like to check with mummies here, esp 2nd time mummies on your experience.

 
ann, my bb also, salivating a lot & sometimes forget to swallow, so will choke. she's also fussing a lot when breastfeeding. does it mean she's teething?

 
Just saw the video... the babies are so CUTE....



Haha...just read through all your posts... those situations are so familier to me.. haha... think all mummies face the same problem...

 
Ann

You can touch your bb gums and feel, if you can feel something that's the teeth bud or can check the gums swollen anot? Monitor bb a few days if not better den bring to check with Pd for teething gel or other medication if needed

 
Ann: I think my bb also teething. He has been salivating and like to suck his fist. Nanny says she can see something on his gum. Bb only 3 mths, so fast teething ah?

 
babycoco: Same here.. sometime my boy forget to swallow his saliva, he also kanna choke.



Sito: So you are suggesting I don't bring him to see a PD yet and monitor for a few more days? When I last see him in the morning yesterday, he was still fine. I didn't see any white thing beneath his gum and his gum dun look swollen to me. Maybe I am just not expereince to see the diff ba.



Vernie: It is possible for BB to start teething at 3mths.. they are the early bloomers.. actually baby will start to teeth between 4mths to 7mths.

 
Emm... actually I could see 2 white spot in my boy's gum for few weeks liao.. ask my mil whether is it teething then she told me not so soon... i also quite puzzle...then what's the white spot???

 
Ann: THanks! I actually threw away my 160mL of BM that I pumped in the middle of the night!! *heart pain*



teething:

my mummy friend told me that bb can start teething at about 3 month in which the roots of the teeth starts to grow hence we can't see or maybe can't even feel any teeth. Then ard 4-5 months then the teeth will start to come out. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



my girl is starting to produce more saliva and starting to chew on her fist! She can practically put her entire fist into her mouth!! *keke*

 
Hi valerie! U r certainly welcome to join us. Where u stay? There’s a gathering for north side mommies on 10 Oct and another gathering on 30 Oct at Bt Gombak. Ur bb is really a heavy weight! Mine is only just 5+kg at 2 month. Keep hoping he will grow bigger faster then can start to flip n crawl hee. It’s normal for expressed milk to curdle after refrigerating. Just shake it well when warming it up will do.

 
teething

my girl too! she's salivating a lot (and always onto my shirt sleeve :p) and always sucking her fist! but PD said not teething so soon. it's just the need to comfort suck. i think esp cos i've stopped latching her, so she misses the sucking. she used to latch for 1.5hrs every BF session -_- glued to me 24/7 during my ML.

 
keropi,

feel your baby's gum see whether anything hard like wanna come out? then could be teething? otherwise may be Epstein pearls/Bohn's nodules like my girl - she has a few on her lower right jaw. i thot she was teething, and my mom also said couldn't be this early. so checked with PD and PD also said teething not so soon, and confirmed those 'pearls' are there due to saliva, will come and go



My girl doesn't salivate a lot, just likes to play with her saliva - happily blow bubbles. since birth already started blowing, stopped for a while and lately resumed this activity.

 
CT just came up with something interesting and at the same time worrying.



"Old pple say when baby start to play with saliva, mummies will drop lots of hairs"



No wonder, my hair drop so much. haha!!

 
Ann, me too me too. My hair also drop a lot and my bb has been playing with her saliva!



Peanut, Wah how can you tahan 1.5hrs? The longest my bb latch is 45mins & I already find it tough.

 
Ann,

not true lah. my baby plays with her saliva since birth. my hair only started dropping 3 wks ago - every time i wash my hair sure see chunks of it. going botak soon. kekeke



Mommies,

do you guys buy lots of baju for your babies, especially from BP? i think i'm getting out of control liao. help! baby girl clothes are just sooo cute

 


something to share - just got an email from Huggies. wish i could go, but have to work. dunno why they have to do it on a work day.



***********



Learn how to make more breast milk – a Session with Diane West

organised by Breast Feeding Mothers’ Support Group (S)



Huggies is happy to share with you an event organized by Breast Feeding Mothers’

Support Group (S) (BMSG).



Wanna Make MORE Milk? BMSG and Philips Avent and are proud to invite you to a special one-day only lunch session on 8 Oct 2010 (Friday) at 10am to 12noon with Diana West, IBCLC and author of "The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk" at Rochester Park House. All the way from USA!

 

Back
Top