(2010/07) July 2010 MTB


Hi Mummies.



I have given Hwa Xia a call. Northpoint outlet do have the big pool and it can contain 4 babies at one go. But then it would be $33 per baby.. find it not worth to take the big pool.. rather pay $30 for the small pool and baby gets the whole pool to themselves.



For small tub, it's $30 per lesson.. no time limit.. your baby can swim in it for as long as he/she can take it. But I think max timing a baby could last before he/she get tired is 30mins. Haha!!

 
Calling all North area mummies:



Would you all be free next Sunday, 10 Oct, to meet up for lunch/tea at northpoint?



For those who are interested in swimming, maybe we can meet earlier and bring baby for a swim before we go for lunch/tea.



Let's see how many pple are turning up first then we decide where to meet for lunch/tea.

 
vernie: how old is ur bb? my bb is 9 weeks :D



Ann: 10 Oct I should be free! Count me in!



Most prob I will try to convince my hubby to bring bb for a swim this week.

 
10th me can't confirm yet... Ann will let u know again k.

By the way, any1 still on leave This week interested to get together at sun plaza for short tea break during the week days? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
tchoupi: count me in for the gathering on 30 Oct! I’ve marked down in my calendar already. Wah u going for biz trip so soon. My boss asked me to go paris for 2 weeks in end Nov but I turned him down cos I want to BF my bb till 6 months n going for 2 weeks overseas is too disruptive to BF. Also good la cos help to save $$. Else I don’t know how much I will spend there considering I’ve not buy much stuff for myself for a long while.



Baby swimming: I’ve bought the swim tub and usually will let my boy swim on Fri/Sat. Mommies staying in the west who are interested can come by to swim as well.

 
jastine: my bb is 13 weeks old already...born on 25 June...EDD was supposed to be 6 July, that's why I have been following the July thread... ;)

 
FL - Join us in the North mummies gathering too, if you are free..



Jastine - Yes, AMK hub & J8 are both good for me.. Let me know when your sling is here n it's more convenient to meet up.. I also find it difficult to push stroller to other places alone apart from my house downstairs.. Haha.. Esp, when we need to climb stairs.. Omg.. End up, I have to super detour to look for slopes.. So tiring..



Rachael & Vernie - Join us next time, dun be shy.. We are all friendly mummies.. Hee.. Or perhaps, you can warm up in the mini gatherings first..



Ann - 10th Oct is fine with me..

 
North Mummies Lunch/Tea Gathering



Date: 10th Oct, Sunday

Venue: Northpoint



Attendees:

1)Annie

2)Jastine

3)Keer13

4)Quartzie (TBC)

 
Hi all

need a quick check with all mummies ..

My bb will be having 6 in 1 jab soon . Mil suggested to give bb Chinese herb ( pao sen) to prevent fever / any discomfort after vaccination ..

Any mummy give bb pao sen b4 the jab ? Will this cause any side effects ?

Will 6 in 1 jab causes any fever / discomfort to bb ?

Mummies , pls do share ur experiences with me .. Thanks

 
jasmine, mine haven't take but I also heard that few day prior to the jab should take barley. Think I will try barley for 3 days consecutive b4 the jab

 
Mummies - I had helped to update a playgroup list sometime ago, prior to we gave birth so that we can stay in contact with each other.. It's time for some updates... Please check your email...



For mummies in the July 10 Mummies & Mommies Room chat room, if you are not in the list above, I had also email you separately.. If you will like to be included in the playgroup list.. Please email me ya...



Any other mummies interested to join in - pls email me your particulars as follow to [email protected].



1. SMH Nick

2. Mummy Name

3. Email

4. FB Email (if any)

5. Hpn

6. Baby No.

7. Baby Name

8. Baby Gender

9. Your Location

 
Jasmine,

my baby took hers 1.5 wks ago. i didn't give her any chinese medicine/herbs prior to that; just prepared some fever cooling packs + thermometer. but PD gave fever medicine just in case and nurse said to monitor temperature 4 hrs after the jab, if there was any reaction. glad that baby had no fever, just that her body felt slightly warmer than usual after the jab and she wasn't her usual self; she was sleepy. appetite-wise, she was ok. she was back to her usual self 2 days after the jab

 
Hey quartzie ..

Thanks for sharing .. Haven't heard of barley water wor .. But wat type of barley - china / holland ? How many ml to give ?

My bb now 9weeks 1 day !! Wat bout urs ?

 
jasmine: my bb took the 6 in 1 one month ago and he did develop mild fever for 2 days...i didn't give barley water or pao sen...perhaps your MIL could be right to give pao sen?

 
For mummies who r keen to let their babies swim at home, can rent the tub & float @ $20 for 7 days...much cheaper than Hwa Xia.



Here's the link.



http://www.momnbebe.com




Paging for Eliss, hehee. This is the contact I spoke to you abt last Sat.

 
Ica : will get the cooling packs ready . U mentioNed the nurse ask u to monitor bb "reaction" -wat reaction ? - fever ?



Mrsloong : wow great lobang ! I want to get a swimming pool for my bb too

 
vernie: My girl born on 27 july! about 1 month younger than ur bb. :D



keer13: Yes, stroller and uneven grounds are NoNo!! But luckily my area here finished upgrading liao so very handicapped-friendly. But still need to detour a bit to find slope!



Worst case scenario is when baby start crying in the stroller and u have to pick her up! My girl her neck still quite weak so I need both hands to hold her, then in the end got to push stroller with my hips! :p



6in1 Jab:

I didn't take any precaution when my girl when to take her jab 2 weeks ago. She developed a mild fever that night and we let her take paracetamol prescribed by the pd. The next day she's a bit cranky but no more fever.

 
Hi jasmine, my girl already 10 weeks 5 days old!

My mil says china barley, take in replacement of the gripe water abt 20-30 ml ba.

My doctor is on leave so I scheduled my jab on the 8th oct. Initially wanted to take the 6 in 1 but doc says 6 in 1 is ang moh pattern and advised me to take the 5 in 1.

 
North Mummies Lunch/Tea Gathering



Date: 10th Oct, Sunday

Venue: Northpoint



Attendees:

1)Annie

2)Jastine

3)Keer13

4)Quartzie (TBC)

5)Fanny

 
jasmine, my bb developed mild fever after the 6-in-1. i think for 2 days. pd gave meds, and i just fed her 2x i think. after that she was ok. but she was quite cranky.

 
Ya quartzie wats 6 in 1 ang moh pattern ? Wats the difference btw 6 in1 n 5in 1.

That's a big bb u have there .. Which pd u seeing now ? Me seeing dr low from paragon .. He's a good doc - but most of the time I need to ask him question only he will say something - always reply " no prob " "no worries "

am wondering which gp/ pd I should go to if there's a case of emergency ?

 
Eh according to the doc, ang moh countries babies were not given hep B jab at birth but sg babies got so dats y ang moh need the 6 in 1 which includes the hep B.

I made an appt with baby bear clinic. I have not been there b4 but when I called the clinic the doctor actually take the time to explain to me.

 
Jasmine,

He's my baby's PD, too. Ya lor, he's always saying that and also "ok lah" in a sing song way. He doesn't say much but somehow I trust him



There's one clinic in Tiong Bharu that I see whenever I hv colds, running nose that can't seem to cure. Can't recall the name but popular with the kids, too and the caregivers usually request for a particular doc. Long waiting time also they don't mind. Clinic is across from Tiong Bharu Plaza

 
Let's fix the time at 1pm. If any mummies cannot make it during that time, do voice out. Thanks.





North Mummies Lunch/Tea Gathering



Date: 10th Oct, Sunday

Venue: Northpoint

Time: 1pm



Attendees:

1)Annie

2)Jastine

3)Keer13

4)Quartzie (TBC)

5)Fanny

 
North Mummies Lunch/Tea Gathering



Date: 10th Oct, Sunday

Venue: Northpoint

Time: 1pm



Attendees:

1)Annie

2)Jastine

3)Keer13

4)Quartzie (TBC)

5)Fanny

6)Guay Ni

 
Hi Ann



next sun is 10 oct .. sorry then i unable to attend cos i got a PS going on....



pai seh will join u all the next time...

thks !!!

 
Guay Ni: No problem.



North Mummies Lunch/Tea Gathering



Date: 10th Oct, Sunday

Venue: Northpoint

Time: 1pm



Attendees:

1)Annie

2)Jastine

3)Keer13

4)Quartzie (TBC)

5)Fanny

 
Quartzie



I'm also go to Baby Bear clinic in woodlands, DR teo is quite detail in every consultation but price abit steep.



My bb went to c him last week due to teething diarrhea cost me about $100, earlier sept just went for jab & rotavirus cost $220, total $320 spent wow heartpain

 
Hi my bb took 6in1 plus rotavirus plus the pnuemocca one when she is 6weeks old. She did develop a fever so I gave her the fever medicine then she is okay. I dun dare to give my bb Chinese medicine cos she is still young n I dunno if okay. I heard a lot of ppl give pao sheng to bb before they go vac though.

 
Huh sito, really quite ex leh. Then have u switch or u still sticking to him?

The other time I went to the 1 at railway mall also v ex, my girl nose blocked(heavy breathing) then my mum keep nagging at me to bring her to doc--> $100 for a bottle of saline drops... -.-

 
tchoupi,

I am onz for the gathering on 30th Oct as well. What is your condo name? I stay in Bukit Batok! Hee, didnt know we are so near each other.

 
I can see that hubby was tired last night but he insist on bringing Kayden home from my in law place. I am glad that he did that but I am also worried cause he doesn't know his limit. Hehe!! He thinks that Kayden will just eat and sleep at night. That is the norm but there are always surprises and when surprised happen, hubby is very bad at dealing with it. And I had a gut feeling that it will happen last night. But since hubby was very persistent and even say he would look after Kayden all by himself, we brought Kayden home.



I fed him at 8pm & baby sleeps.. Great... go about doing my housework (yes, housework after work.. being a mum is not easy)... while hubby just laze and watch tv. Frankly if I were him, I would quickly bathe and sleep since he was very tired already. Well.. but guys always dun like us to nag at them and tell them what to do. So I left it as it is. I finish all my washing and cleaning.. bathe, I quickly go to bed at 10.30pm while hubby is still watching tv.



At 11pm, Kayden woke up for milk.. hubby make milk, feed him and he only drink 50ml and then hubby put him down to sleep. This is when the party started. Hubby didn't even wash the bottle (bad habit of him) and lie down to rest. 11.30pm.. Kayden woke up again and cry... hubby make milk again and feed him.. (to hubby, cry means milk. Cannot mean any other things). He only drink 10ml and dun wan le. He started to fuss, cry, don't wanna sleep.. hubby started to curse, swear and scolding him. All these while, I just lie on the bed and let my hubby handle him cause he say he will look after Kayden himself. Must let him learn his lesson or else he really think every night I take care of baby very easy.



At 1am, both parties anger was at the max liao. Daddy was swearing louder and using baby's bolster to hit on the cot loudly and BB is crying at the top of his voice. So in the end, I cannot tahan liao and sit up and carry baby in my arm and told hubby to stop all his nonsense. If he really wanna take care of Kayden then take care with patience.. not like this. I carry baby in my arm and talk softly to him. Immediately, he calm down and sleeps le. All done in less than 10mins.



For the rest of the night, I took care of Kayden. Don't dare to let hubby take care of him le.



I think baby took after his dad on this character.. when wanna sleep but cannot sleep.. they are easily upset. Haha!!



This morning hubby ask me how can you survive like this. I told him that's the price which we had to pay for being a mum.

 
Yes Ann, not easy being a wife and mom, not to mention a working mom lor....



Till nw I'm still the one who always wake up at night to feed baby. My hb like scared scared to handle her...

 
My hubby also got the bad habit of not washing the bottle after he feed Skyler. Sometimes after I pump during the wee hrs, I will forgot n on my sterilizer without the bottle tat he just fed.. But lucky my hubby still willing to feed Skyler in the middle of the night, just tat before tat I need to wake him up n tats really a challenge!

 
Ya.. dunno why hubby handle BB, we have to be awake but when the other way round, they sleep like a pig.



I think being mummies are really not easy... but hopefully for the sacrifices which we are making now for them, we get rewarded by having a closer bond with them.



I can imagine when I grow older and if my son talk back to me, i will say" All my time spend on day and night feeding and taking care of you are wasted.. feed untill so big.. now know how to talk back to mummy liao".. haha!!!



As for those mummies who pump milk.. "All my time spend on being a cow so that your can get the best, is all wasted. If I know, just anyhow feed you can le. Feed untill so good, grow untill so big, now talk back to mummy liao hoh".

 
ann

i can feel your "pain"... am v sick now ... down w flu but i am still taking care of my bb day and nite w/o much rest. hubby only ask me to take medicine and not "why dun u rest? i'll take care of the baby..." but then again, he take care, i oso scared he cant handle him, end up i geh kiang, i look after bb lor...

 
Frankly.. sometime we do have to learn to let go at times.. or else we will be so uptight and go crazy soon.



Like now that I am back at work, I also try not to call my FIL to ask how's baby. Must learn to let go and concentrate on work though I am still "chit chatting" on forum la.. haha!!!

 
I agree with Ann! Why is it that when hubby handles bb, the mummy got to be awake and they can sleep and not hear bb cry in the middle of the night? Haiz..I thought I am too stressed up and paranoid, but I think is the same for most mummies..



Also don't understand why hubby thinks that taking care of baby is just carrying, changing diaper and feeding..haiyoh..he said that I am too stessed up, but I told him I am a first time mum, nobody teach me, I learn on the spot one and hands on mah, of cos will be stressed..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 


Ann,

i agree with you - my hubby sleeps thru when bb cries for milk in the middle of the night. baby's cry wasn't soft and hubby's a light sleeper. hmmm...can somehow switch off. just before 1 gave birth, there was this article in ST, i think, that reported that fathers are more responsive to a mosquito's buzz than a baby's cry. go figure!



me, too. i find that only at work i can chit chat in forum, surf the net. or i do that on the way home. once home, put baby to sleep, read to her, eat dinner, wash up, get ready bb stuff for night feeding. by then, it will be at least 9pm, then i take my bath. by 10pm, my eyes will start to close...i'm fortunate my mum is helping out and also my girl is starting to sleep thru the nite, otherwise i'll be a zombie at work and needs lots of coffee to perk me up, like that Sealy or Simmons advertisement [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



as for hubby, he doesn't like to feed baby coz he says he cannot stand to see milk running down her chin. aiyoh! so silly - he's a neat freak, btw. sigh...but i know he'll overcome this like how he overcame his fear of blood. he took all those bloody pics in the delivery suite and showed them to one of my colleagues when they came to visit, and a male colleague some more. sooo embarassing! hubby also told me he saw gynae doing the episiotomy cut - ewww!

 

Back
Top