(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

AK: Had been wondering how have you been and finally see you online. Like you, I couldn't cope with just the maid and hubby is always sleeping although he tried to help but he will lose his temper with baby.

So I engage back my confinement lady for another month to help me thru the transition period. If you really think you cannot cope, just engage a nanny to help you thru this period. I was lucky my CL doesn't accept another job yet and willing to travel back from KL to help me out.

If you really cannot handle on your own, just contact your CL.

Maybe you can stay at your mum's place and help to look after baby? Then slowly, baby will bond back with you again. You are baby's mummy, baby will sure bond with you faster.

CL - I bath every day with herb water or ginger w lemongrass leh.. hee.. I kind of wash hair everyday too.. then drink she'll boil one pot, when i finish e pot I can drink plain water.

bliss, hershey, when you latch on 1 side , how long does bb take for the feed ? don't you feel very engorged on the other side if bb doesnt latch the other side?

ceres, i sterilise my freestyle shield using pigeon steriliser many times. no problem leh.

pillow,

i usually i latch both side with 15min each side.. but recently my boy latch one 1 side with 10 to 15min..

ya.. so pain when the other side engorged.. hai.. no choice, let it be.. plus milk also will keep flowing.. hai..

Eh any of ur BB hiccup like 2 - 4 times a day? Mine often hiccup.. Then CL feed water and later will be ok. If not hiccup until like no tmr.

coz i am unsure whether my bb has enough although my pump yield is pretty good. she seems to be fussing faster than being fed EBM

Pillow: Mine abit out of shape liao.

By the way i do as per bk say ask CL boil it in boiling water for 10mins. My CL say got plastic smell so bring out before 10min.

Is there a problem with my boiling?

ceres, i boil for 10mins and has been sterilising my pump parts everyday. so far, i don't see any change to parts still good.

i am lazy to sterilise after each pump. i just put the pump back to a lock n lock box and into the fridge. so it will be used for say 3 times before it gets washed thorough and sterilised once a day.

Pillow: i put in ziplock bag and outside is it ok? Sigh... so troublesome. Mine is avent steam streliser maybe differ brand.

hubby just asked me whether i want to buy a better and more efficient dual pump, any good recommendation? i probably go for medela, but which one? so many choices!

Shann, TMC Parentcraft selling Pump In Style at ard 600 after the FBI discount. Can go on instalment plan somemore. they can even help you to sell your PIS set if there's at least six mth warranty left... maybe u can call them to check?

Shann: i really hope so.. i'm already very hardworking by pumping every 3 hrs, including at night leh.. n im like tryin all methods to increase my supply too.. *keeping fingers crossed*

Anyway, hw do i know whether i have blocked ducts anot?

eh i am not too sure too! if you know let me know too i don't know whether i have or not! haha.. but i always massage my breasts and pump at the same time.

shann yheng, u can get the medela freestyle (US set) for $475 thereabout from BP. i see BP with ready stock. if order from leng leng , have to wait.

i bot mine for under 500.

ceres, ziplock is ok i guess but definitely should be in the fridge. outside cannot as the warm temp may promote bacteria formation.

moreover after we pour out, there will still be residue in the bottle hence don't think its ok let it sit in our singapore weather.

Hi all mummies...

Finally finish my confinement... so busy and tired take care of bb...

my son now got really cranky and I finally say yes to pacifier... at 1st I breastfeed him but he keep on wanting to latch atleast 30mins each side still not satified i am too tired and choose to give him EBM ...

end up aft feeding aft 1 hrs he cry .. try all i can check diaper, carry, drink water and see tummy got wind anot.. do wat ever I can but he still cry fr 10am to 3pm.. today tried pacifier and he fall asleep aft tat...

Hai... my hubby just try to feed baby again.. but he cry and cry and rejected his daddy. 2nd night in a row. Hubby was pretty upset abt this. Then I got to take over and calm him down before I can feed him his milk.

Ann - were u in the room when ur hubby try to feed?? You can try going out of the room, maybe BB sense your presence that's why refused. My friend told me she had to get out of her house b4 her BB accepted the bottle for her first one.

how many mommies are battling now? keke.. lets make a count?

i am!! i am just letting her lie on the bed and self entertain.. i dun wanna make it a habit of carrying her.. i think she knows and waiting for me to carry...

serene, we just put bb down in her cot. have been trying to get her to sleep since 7pm. crossing fingers that she won't wake up in 10mins.

Pillow, i found this! is this the one u mentioned?

Item Code: 57062 - Medela Pump-In-Style Advanced Backpack (US Set)

Items included:

1) Stylish Backpack

2) Battery pack (8 AA batteries not included)

3) Removable cooler carrier

4) 4 breastmilk bottles (5oz), lids & travel cap

5) Wide base slow flow nipple

6) 2 PersonalFit 24mm breastshields

7) 2 valves

8) 4 membranes

9) Contoured ice pack

10) Breastfeeding Information Guide

11) Instructions

Price: SGD$442nett

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4336663.jpg]

noknok: yup, i was in the room. But my baby had always been bottle fed. He didn't reject the bottle. But when hubby feed him, he will make noise & drink less than 50ml. Then daddy burp him, then feed again, he will cry & cry. Don't stop one. Maybe like u say, can smell me ba.

shann,

442 is very good! stupid me paid 600+ at taka =(

duration ar.. i nvr really take notice leh. But yes the suction is good! its hospital grade [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I am spoo angry wif my mil!! My boy wake up for feed at 10pm. Now that I finish I trying to put him back to slp. He din slp back so I pat him. She came n carry him. I told her gotta make him slp. She carry n on the light n keep talking n playing with him! Damn piss. Here am I trying to train him n there she keep disturb!!! Argh!!!!!!!

Jolyn,

simmer down.. Arg, ur mil shouldn't have done tt. I would be mad too! Next time lock the door.

jo_lyn

same here.. my bb jus slept.. so she havent go into deep sleep... then FIL talk very loudly.. i told him to keep his volume down.. then i kena f by my mil.. she say must let bb get used to the noise blah blah blah.. then i tell her.. bb havent even go into deep sleep sure will wake up de ma.. then i shake my head and return to the room...

guess wat?

my bb woke up.. and i battled with her for 2 hours!!!!

tamade.. i very pissed off... cause i left bb sleep on her own when shes half asleep... so she wont be in deep sleep ma... dun understand lor... argh

Ya lor!! I super piss leh. Always lidat. They never take care n just wanna carry n play. I told her I training bb to slp at 8 everyday, n he suppose to slp back after all night feeds. Mil still can tell me just let the bb slp at 12!! So angry!!

Shann,

me too quite tempted to get new dual pump. My medela mini electric dual still alright just tt it is very noisy.

Hey, ur yield is pretty good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so u have frozen many bags already?

Pillow,

I decided to latch my bb during the day and for bed time and a dream feed after tt, ebm. I find tt latch down he'll feed every 2 hourly. A bottle of 120ml ebm seems to settle him and he's pretty happy to fall asleep after that. If I latch him on, he will wake up after a while crying for milk.

sillyhp: same! I latch him during the day and at his 11+ feed and 2+ feed cos normally I dont sleep so early. Then I will pump out a bottle of 100ml (or so) for his 5am+ feed so that i can zzz!!

jo_lyn: sigh we all have our fair share of MIL probs.

breastshield: Forgot who asked abt the breast shield, but I used to use the soft fit one .. it turned yellow quite fast so I discard it away. Then I used the personal fit and I found it quite good. The hard plastic makes it easier to clean and I find that its not so painful on my aerola when removing the pump frm breast. (I find quite ouch with the soft fit)

Jaclyn,

I am too lazy to pump during wee hours. Last pump sure by midnight. If bb wakes up for milk after tt I'll just latch him on. Ebm to me is to settle him during bedtime. The bottle 3 hrs later is to train him to sleep thru... Hope he can drop the night feeds soon... His gor gor dropped it at 2.5 months. The faster the bettter for me and everybody.

Ann,

u hv to encourage ur hb more....v soon ur bb will let him feed 1...last time my #1 oso like that n he goes work early in the morning n late at nite, bb no see him at all so i made him do the last feed then he can go slp if not no bonding

Haiz.. Nw mil return bb to me n she happily watch tv. N I m left to handle a active bb again. U guys bb will auto slp in their cot? Mine will cry the moment I put him down. Even never cry also won't stay long. I always gotta carry n pat him till he semi knock out then can put down. N depends on luck also. Sometimes once I put his eyes big big again!!

Hmm I've been toting with the idea of taking npl for a month. By then bb will be abt to start solids... Very hard to pump and store at work

How to make bb drop night feed? For my boy, whenever I bottlefeed him he seems to be more awake. If I latch on he will slp faster. Think he jus wan something to suck. But he reject pacifier.

Jolyn

I get him tipsy on a bottle then put him in cot. Daytime hor, he will kick up fuss when place in cot. He wants to nap in bouncer during the day

Jolyn,

I'm lucky both my boys r the "anything also can, as long as food goes into my mouth" sort.

Like I mention, I'm giving my boy a dream feed at 1130pm to see how long it can last him. I'll slowly bring the timing forward and hope to settle it at 10 to 1030pm. Have to increase amt and hope the next feed will be the next morning 6ish or later.

just to share, my medela breastshield (sofftfit) also turned yellow after a few times of sterilising with avent steam steriliser..thereafter i switched to the harder one (coz bot a larger size) & no such issues so far...

anyway, i did enquire with medela salesman sometime bac regarding the "yellow-ing" of parts..think medela recommends sterilisation via normal boiling but it's generally still safe to use the parts even if they've turned yellow

phy: ha! My yield just started to increase 2 days ago! dunno whether it's because of the fenugreek drink that i have just started? hmm.. so haven't stored any yet, only put the storage cups in the fridge so that she can drink tmr.. but definitely less stressful now cuz manage to catch up with her feeds. However she drinks quite fast also eh, sometimes every 2 hourly she drinks 80ml each. and i only pump every 3 hours. No chance to store.

Must be hardworking now cuz gonna start working in sept le~

HOpe can provide BM for baby as long as i can.. at least 6 months.

Jolyn,

yeap, feed while they still sleeping. Quietly as well. Slowly bring forward the feed and adjust amt according to bb's appetite.

Back