Morning Mummies!
Juliiana: Congrats! Another brave mummy who fought through w/o epidural. Really salute you big time! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]
Grace: Thanks for the detailed explanation. It is very much similar to my gynae’s explanation to me when I see her yesterday.
Fazzy: My gynae is also going away for a holiday, I also very worried, especially during my 37 week. We just have to pray hard that bb can stay in our tummy for a little longer.
Rabbit: Woh! You must be very excited. Since you have already decided, just go for it and you will find yourself carrying your lovely baby in no time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]
Yesterday I went for my gynae appt, I am now exactly week 37 today! As I didn’t experience any contractions or discomfort, she didn’t do VE for me, in fear that it may trigger contractions. I will have my VE done in 38 weeks which is next Saturday when she is back from her trip. She also mentioned that it is not true that we should walk more during this period, moderate is the word.
I told my gynae that some of my friends are feeling contractions and are already 1-2 cm dilated in their 34 or 35 weeks. Now taking medicine to control the contractions. She said, not to worry and it depends on individual. But normally from 1-3 cm of dilation it can take a very long while. From 3cm onwards, the dilation should be 1cm per hour, that explain why first time mummies mostly waited for about 8 hours before they are fully dilated.